New Info on the Mac Pro!

59 posts in this topic

So Apple has not only made the fastest Mac ever but also the fastest pc. Looks like they even stole a bit of AMD's thunder releasing a quad setup so fast. Too bad no SLI on Crossfire that woud have been nearly perfect.

Are there drivers to support 4 graphics cards in SLI or Crossfire mode ????? Wicked !!!!

No SLI or Crossfire and likey only one x16 slot at full speed.

So Apple has not only made the fastest Mac ever but also the fastest pc. Looks like they even stole a bit of AMD's thunder releasing a quad setup so fast. Too bad no SLI on Crossfire that woud have been nearly perfect.

If a amd 4x4 system with 2 good video cards in SLI or Crossfire with more ram then a mac pro at the same price come out then it does not look for apple.

FB-DIMMs cost to much.

I laughed myself off my chair the first time I saw your avatar :)

I won't buy one unless they do something about the graphics, it's what's been keeping apple powermacs from being a true workstation in the past and it seems they haven't learned much on that front unfortunately. On the PC we will soon have Quadros SLI'd using Gelato renderer to increase render speeds beyond current processors' scope, Mac Pros would have to compete with this for being a great 3d graphics workstation... Otherwise a big thumbs up for increased number of optical and hard drives which shows at least some of the engineers are listening to complaints. Also, what is the point of having 4 x 7300GT's if all they do is to provide more display support ?