[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

When I purchased my Unibody MBP I also purchased separately a 500G Seagate H/D. All S/L & updates installed

on this ok. Then I received (via apple update) a firmware upgrade that was to "improve stability for 500G H/D's".

After this was installed my MBP failed to start (Blue screen only). Apple solution was for me to bye a new Logic board &

not update firmware or change H/D until they found a solution. They promised to notify me as soon as a solution found

(that was 12mth's ago) & still no news. That said I put the drive in my daughters 1.83 MBP, there was no firmware

update offered from apple & the drive continues to work fine.

With my limited understanding technically of getting S/L to run on PC's I guess the relevance here is that 'maybe' there is something

in fakeSMC that does not like/or triggers compatibility issues with the seagate 500g drive & S/L.

If you are curious maybe you could one day have a play swapping around fakeSMC's that are known to work with our MOBO to see if any

work. If you do please report findings. dgobe iFabio or @@Smith may know all these version's if you ask to make this test easier for you.

Please anybody feel free to shoot me down in flames here, this is only a guess based on my experience

and limited knowledge..

Ok thank you very much !

Now I have another question ...

It is possible to have my PS2 mouse working ?

Now I have another question ...

It is possible to have my PS2 mouse working ?

Wow an antique :) The short answer is yes, However I did read that PS2 support was removed along the way

not sure if it was this thread the one prior or even 1st (wziard) thread. You'll have to search that one. I can't

remember if it was removed because of any conflict's though. Or you could search for ApplePS2kext and add

it to see what happens. Make sure you have back up/time machine first incase something goes wrong.

Good Luck

I have looked for the applePs2kext but i can't find it ... I find voodooPS2controller.pkg but don't work for my lovely coca-cola mouse ...

Can you tell me where i can find it ?

And so how to remove this useless package ?

Thank you

I have looked for the applePs2kext but i can't find it ... I find voodooPS2controller.pkg but don't work for my lovely coca-cola mouse ...

Can you tell me where i can find it ?

And so how to remove this useless package ?

Thank you

It's been a while but I thought pkg v1.15 installed the PS/2 kexts. If not, just double-click the initrd.img on the installation ISO and it will mount the image. You'll see an icon on your Desktop for the volume. Go to that and then to Extra/Extensions(/Volumes/initrd/Extra/Extensions) and you should see 2 kexts with PS2 in the name. Move those to /Extra/Extensions and rebuild your kext cache(or use kexthelper).

So Mr Fabio.... :D Looks like we have everything in the boot file so all that is required in smbios.plist is the serial number. How do you think we should handle the speedstep setup?

Leave in the DSDT

Use normal DSDT and also SSDT tables

How about CPUx vs P00x? I know you mentioned you had issues with CPUx. I'm going to do some testing this weekend.

Let's get a consensus and I'll put together a new installer package.

I have a problem and I REALLY need your guys help. I'm a noob when it comes to this so please bear with me :)

Here are my specs:

i7 930

EVGA geforce 9800 gt 512mb

6GB ram (only have 4 installed right now)

Asus P6T SE

MOD xtreme-pro 600W power supply

USB wireless card

1TB HDD

I downloaded the "mars" image file from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1283668

I followed this guide but now I'm stuck on step 8 under Operating System Install - when I open up the CD icon, which is mounted on the desktop, there is no P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg there? Am I doing something wrong? PLEASE HELP ME. I'm getting desperate, seriously about to pull my hair out.

I have a problem and I REALLY need your guys help. I'm a noob when it comes to this so please bear with me :)

I followed this guide but now I'm stuck on step 8 under Operating System Install - when I open up the CD icon, which is mounted on the desktop, there is no P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg there? Am I doing something wrong? PLEASE HELP ME. I'm getting desperate, seriously about to pull my hair out.

Each Mobo has it's requirements and Guide. You will have to use the Guide specific to your hardware and

ask any questions over there. And yes I can understand you wanting to follow this Guide as dgobe has done

a brilliant job here laying out & explaining this one..

still86

Removing kexts are best done in terminal, I'm still learning these commands myself but you should have

something like this " sudo rm -rf /system/library/extensions/voodooPS2controller.pkg " (without quote's).

You will have to enter your pasword then either " exit " then/or just close terminal. The caches need to be

cleared, osx86 tools allows you to do this via GUI. I also patch & permissions repair at the same time

(I don't think this is needed though). You can Google and learn more about this & terminal commands.

There is also a InsanlyMac search pluggin for firefox that seem's to turn up good search results.

Each Mobo has it's requirements and Guide. You will have to use the Guide specific to your hardware and

ask any questions over there. And yes I can understand you wanting to follow this Guide as dgobe has done

a brilliant job here laying out & explaining this one..

Ok. I was able to figure out the install. I have the Asus P6T SE so this guide worked for the most part. I used a combination of this guide and the tonymacx86 guide. I have OSX 10.6.4 installed and booting from my HDD. I can't get sound to play or video to play and it won't sleep. I tried downloading the patch from page 1 of this thread but it wont work for some reason :( Any ideas on how I can get these things working? I suck at working in the terminal, but I'm willing to try anything. Obviously, the easier the better. Heres my complete setup

i7 930

EVGA geforce 9800 gt 512mb

6GB ram

Asus P6T SE

MOD xtreme-pro 600W power supply

USB wireless card

1TB HDD

ANTEC three hundred flat black case

So Mr Fabio.... :D Looks like we have everything in the boot file so all that is required in smbios.plist is the serial number. How do you think we should handle the speedstep setup?

Leave in the DSDT

Use normal DSDT and also SSDT tables

How about CPUx vs P00x? I know you mentioned you had issues with CPUx. I'm going to do some testing this weekend.

Let's get a consensus and I'll put together a new installer package.

Hi dgobe.

I try to explain the reasons for these additional tables ...

Our systems use well the tables in the BIOS if you use these names with the DSDT header P00x if we change the names in CPUx the system loses the ability of c-State .. besides the fact that halves the capacity of the p-state.

So the simple step I've done for cosmetic reasons, was to rename the DSDT part of the "Scope _PR" in CPUx instead of P00x, this leads to the problems mentioned above, then I renamed the "CPU" even SSDT tables.

Now place an example for my i7 940

I note that only one of three tables will then be different for different processors ...

then decompiles the tables and replace the values with the respective models for your processor.

the trend mozodojo I posted all the families of tables for the 9xx processors i7.

download and edit and compile and include in the Extras folder ...

This weekend with a bit of time and will post these changes lighthouse `all tables modified for all our processors ... :(

940_SSDT_DSDT_mozodojo_booter.zip

Also use DropSSDT=Yes in c.a.B.p

no C-stategen

no p-stategen

no c4-stategen

:D

And of couse use it with new chameleon 2 RC5 rev (trunk317 or up)

Fabio

Ok. I was able to figure out the install. I have the Asus P6T SE so this guide worked for the most part. I used a combination of this guide and the tonymacx86 guide. I have OSX 10.6.4 installed and booting from my HDD. I can't get sound to play or video to play and it won't sleep. I tried downloading the patch from page 1 of this thread but it wont work for some reason :D Any ideas on how I can get these things working? I suck at working in the terminal, but I'm willing to try anything. Obviously, the easier the better. Heres my complete setup

Because you are mixing install methods it could take forever to sort out your problems. If you wan't easy solution

start again (backup current if you like) using the USB Method. Make sure you use DSDT "ONLY for P6T SE" i7 930

(post #4 iFabio) and replace the kexts in the extra/extensions folder created by dgobe's installer (on USB) with

P6T-SE.kext, FakeSMC.kext from same post.

You will need to add/replace these again when using dgobe's installer once S/L Running as well as replace/overwrite

AppleHDA.kext with one in P6T SE section (use kext utillity). Don't forget sudo touch terminal command.

Wham Bam your done up & running all working. Then make backup/time machine & play around with whatever

takes your fancy.. :D

Because you are mixing install methods it could take forever to sort out your problems. If you won't easy solution

start again (backup current if you like) using the USB Method. Make sure you use DSDT "ONLY for P6T SE" i7 930

replace the kexts in the extra/extensions folder created by dgobe's installer (on USB) with P6T-SE.kext, FakeSMC.kext.

You will need to replace these again when using dgobe's installer once S/L Running as well as replace/overwrite

AppleHDA.kext with one in P6T SE section (use kext utillity). Don't forget sudo touch terminal command.

Wham Bam your done up & running all working. Then make backup/time machine & play around with whatever

takes your fancy.. :D

THANK YOU! I sincerely appreciate the time you've taken to address my problem. I don't mind reinstalling - should I reinstall using tonymacx86 method found here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html or the method on this thread?

The main problem I ran into when I tried to use the method on this thread was step #8 under Operating System Install

8. In the upper right corner of the screen you will see an icon for the DVD drive. Double-click it and there will be an installer package named P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg. Double-click that and go through the installation screens. If you have multiple Volumes select the correct one as the installation target.

When I double-clicked on the CD icon I couldn't find the P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg package, which means that I couldn't go forward with the installation. So frustrating. I downloaded 132Jupiter-011010-WOS.ISO.ZIP which I found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1283668

I burned that disk image to a DVD - from what I'm understanding, that package should be contained within the disk image...what am I doing wrong?!

Because you are mixing install methods it could take forever to sort out your problems. If you wan't easy solution

(post #4 iFabio) and replace the kexts in the extra/extensions folder created by dgobe's installer (on USB) with

P6T-SE.kext, FakeSMC.kext from same post.

You will need to add/replace these again when using dgobe's installer once S/L Running as well as replace/overwrite

takes your fancy.. :unsure:

Ok. Good news, I got a PM from dgobe and he explained how to get the install working, turns out I was using an outdated version of the boot-132 CD and not version 1.15 - that was my biggest problem. Finally got that solved, so I'm making progress! Thanks guys!

Once I installed snow leopard I double-clicked on the CD and ran the P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg installation. During the installation I selected i930 and left the other options unchecked, I was supposed to do that right?

I'm still not sure what a DSDT is, or how I can use/install it? Sorry, I'm a noob. I managed to download kext utility from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140647 but it wont let me download the .kext files? I'm looking at post #4 from iFabio - it says:

DSDT M2.6 (full optimized code)

May, 2 2010

ONLY FOR: P6T SE

i7 930 --> HERE <--

When I click the "HERE" link it takes me to a page that says "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available." I'm not sure why it says that cause I'm definitely logged in. I tried right-clicking and selecting "save linked file as.." but that didn't work either. Why is it doing that? How can I get these files?

One more thing, I opened up the terminal, typed in the sudo touch code and when it asked me for a password I just pressed enter because I don't have a password set for my system, but it said the password was wrong? So I tried enabling a password in system settings so I would have something to type in when it prompts for a password, but that didn't work either? Any idea why?

Any/all help is VERY appreciated. I've got so much respect for this community. Thanks guys!

Ok. Good news, I got a PM from dgobe and he explained how to get the install working, turns out I was using an outdated version of the boot-132 CD and not version 1.15 - that was my biggest problem. Finally got that solved, so I'm making progress! Thanks guys!

Nearly there. The DSDT in the installer is NOT for your Mobo so don't select any of them. The DSDT basically

allows communication between Bios & Software (Mac's use Firmware not Bios as in PC's). The DSDT needs

to go in the " Extra " folder. If you read more about it you will understand how lucky we are here to have

iFabio wave his genius & create these DSDT's for us to use. You will not find better board support/compatibility

anywhere with any instal method for these mobo's (I had 5month's to research this while I waited for my DOA mobo to be fixed).

I have never installed S/L without a System password so I'm unsure about your password problem. It 'may' select one

for you while installing prog?? Setting one up post install is Not a good idea.. And setting up one during

installation is well worth doing.. With osx this does not mean you have to use it to log in, that's a removable

changeable option & system password is not..

I need to install MAC OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.2

My System Specs:

MotherBoard: INTEL DG41RQ DESKTOP BOARD

Processer: Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4gb RAM

Graphics:Nvidia 9800 GT

HardDrive: 320GB

Default BIOS Settings

I Used To Work With Windows 7 Before Doing This:

I Downloaded The SNOW LEOPARD CLIENT SERVER 10.6.1 and 10.6.2 SSE2 SSE3 INTEL AMD BY HAZARD ISO

and wrote the iso to a blank DVD at the speed of 4x

i booted the disk and then darwin loaded i pressed f8 and then typed "-v" without quotes

then when the setup started i opened disk utility

among the 4 partitions that i had i erased the 2nd partition in the format mac osx extended journaled

and then continued...

then i clicked on customize

i selected mac osx 10.6.2

in kernels-Legacy_Kernel 10.2.0

in bootloader-Chameleon 2.0 RC3 PC EFI 10.5

in graphics-NVEnabler

in system-elliottforcelegacy

and continued...

the installation took some time then

the setup installed successfully and i was asked to restart i restarted and immediately removed the disk from the drive

and here the problem comes

while booting i get something like this

boot0=testing

boot0=testing

boot0=testing

boot0=error

and this remains nothing goes ahead

i have tried many other combinations in customizations like this provided in mac osx86 wiki for my motherboard

Audio: Realtek ALC662 using VoodooHDA from the install DVD works perfectly, AppleAzalia works too but without input.

LAN: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20) using RealtekR1000 from the install DVD works perfectly.

WLAN: Atheros AR5005GS using AtherosFix from the install DVD detected as AirPort works perfectly.

SATA & IDE: Both work perfectly using IOATAFamilyFix from the install DVD.

Optical Drive: DVD booted from 1st SATA ODD when 2nd SATA ODD exists. SATA set in BIOS as NATIVE IDE.

Shutdown, reboot and sleep work without Patches.

PS2 fix for PS2 support.

Bootloader / EFI / Kernel: Chameleon 2.0 RC3 / PC EFI 10.5 / Legacy_Kernel 10.2.0

i have also tried selecting all patches

i have also tried pressing f8 when darwin loads and typing "-v" and typing "-v arch=i386" and typing "-x -v busratio=20 cpus=1"

but still the error remains the same can any one tell me wat should i do to go ahead

any help would be appreciated

thanksss!!!!

also can help me mailing me at bhavikgothi@gmail.com with subject:MAC HELP

I have used this guide back in January for an seamless Hackintosh install thank you again Dgobe, iFABIO, and all others that I have not mention for a great guide.

I have an 8800GT which is getting alittle long in the tooth on the Windows side for gaming. So I purchased a ATI 5870. I know there is some support for this video card now since Netkas's kexts running with GraphicsEnabler=No / arch=i386. But I am still having issues trying to get the 5870 to run correctly.

Basically my question is; would it be better to run a dual video card setup using the 8800gt for the Hackintosh side and use the ATI 5870 for Windows. It seems at this time 5870 are still very new plus it can't run fully in 64bit in SL. Now will there be any future updates to include some of Netkas Kext in the ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2 install Guide?? Sorry I am still a noob when it comes to hackintosh's.

Thanks again and keep up the great work.

ryzerx

I have used this guide back in January for an seamless Hackintosh install thank you again Dgobe, iFABIO, and all others that I have not mention for a great guide.

I have an 8800GT which is getting alittle long in the tooth on the Windows side for gaming. So I purchased a ATI 5870. I know there is some support for this video card now since Netkas's kexts running with GraphicsEnabler=No / arch=i386. But I am still having issues trying to get the 5870 to run correctly.

Thanks again and keep up the great work.

ryzerx

Over on this topic I noticed someone had 5XXX series card running in 32 & 64. This was in there signature which had a link contained in it to a guide how they had done this. I forgot to Bookmark and could not find later. Their discussion was off topic & 'May' of been removed or I may of missed post in above link (the working 64bit interested me because of my ATI card) Anyway well worth you look into deeper..

hey everyone,

I'm almost done! I was able to install S/L without a problem, I'm just having trouble with the kexts. I have the P6TSE.

I just need help with the order of which im supposed to do this. From my understanding this is what I've got:

Install S/L > Update software to 10.6.4 > Run P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg but don't select any DSDT, just install the main files > place the updated DSDT.aml file in the extra folder > install kexts using kext helper (i have no idea how to use kext utility) > then install the kexts for the audio?

Is that the right workflow or am I completely misunderstanding?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Hi.

I have a strange problem... I have been using p6t se for 5 monthes and everything worked fine. Snow leopard worked fine...but after some time lan was crashed...that was a problem of manufacturer and I have changed my old mobo for a new one. So now I have a brand new and absolutly the same p6t SE...BUT! It does not boot any bootloader at all. I tryed to boot my working system, no luck, I tryed to boot my installer flashdrive - noluck. I tryed to remake install flashdrive, diferent bootloaders. By the way all the settings in bios are as usual. They worked for me on my older mobo. I didn't try ifabio's dsdt because I have no permission to download this..How can I do this? What are "valid" posts? Who can validate my posts? But I think, ifabios dsdt wouldn't help either. I think, that today I have some new revision of p6t SE and the problem is that all the dsdts for this mobo doesn't work..I think i need some special dsdt for my mobo.

P.S. I have i7 920, 4 hard drives. And in all cases booting stops at

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Thank you for help.

YES! I was wright. The problem is in my dsdt. I have made a new one with the help of windows. And my flashdrive booted deeper... And i even can install Snow Leo, but everything works very slow. So now I know that I need a patch for my dsdt. I think it is pretty simple for someone who knows what to do... iFabio, please, help me to patch this, you will save my live! Where can I send you my dsdt?

YES! I was wright. The problem is in my dsdt. I have made a new one with the help of windows. And my flashdrive booted deeper... And i even can install Snow Leo, but everything works very slow. So now I know that I need a patch for my dsdt. I think it is pretty simple for someone who knows what to do... iFabio, please, help me to patch this, you will save my live! Where can I send you my dsdt?

Hi

post here that DSDT you extract from "windows"?

We take a look.

Fabio

Install S/L > Update software to 10.6.4 > Run P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg but don't select any DSDT, just install the main files > place the updated DSDT.aml file in the extra folder > install kexts using kext helper (i have no idea how to use kext utility) > then install the kexts for the audio?

Is that the right workflow or am I completely misunderstanding?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Nearly, P6T-SE & FakeSMC go in Extra/Extensions folder (This should be all you need in there). You can just drag

AppleHDA.kext over kext utility Icon. By just Opening kext utility it also will run a permission prog. (you'll see).

Nearly, P6T-SE & FakeSMC go in Extra/Extensions folder (This should be all you need in there). You can just drag

AppleHDA.kext over kext utility Icon. By just Opening kext utility it also will run a permission prog. (you'll see).

Here's a step-by-step on what I did.

I installed snow leopard. Updated my software to 10.6.4, ran the P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg but only selected to install the main files. Once that was finished I placed the P6T-se.kext and FakeSMC.kext in both the extra and extension folders but I placed the DSDT.aml file only in the extra folder. I downloaded the 10.6.4 audio kext from here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=0&start=0

I dragged the kext file on top of "kext utility", entered my password and let it install. Then I ran kext utility, waited for it to "repair permissions" and when it was finished I clicked done. Finally, I opened the terminal and typed: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions pressed enter and put it my system password then pressed enter again. Then I exited the terminal.

I have a USB wireless card put my hackintosh wont recognize it, it also wont play audio or video. I put a song into itunes and it wont even play. When i click play the song stays at 00:00 seconds.

Any ideas? Thanks again.

I dragged the kext file on top of "kext utility", entered my password and let it install. Then I ran kext utility, waited for it to "repair permissions" and when it was finished I clicked done. Finally, I opened the terminal and typed: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions pressed enter and put it my system password then pressed enter again. Then I exited the terminal.

I have a USB wireless card put my hackintosh wont recognize it, it also wont play audio or video. I put a song into itunes and it wont even play. When i click play the song stays at 00:00 seconds.

Any ideas? Thanks again.

Please add your signature to your posts this help's others help you. NO that was Extra/Extensions Not 'AND'...

Your audio should be working without anything else.. I think you should read Guide carefully before rushing

off elsewhere. USB wireless IF it is a proven compatible type will probably require some research unless

someone currently posting here has/had the same Brand & model as yours..