[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

BarryB

My solution to use two graphic cards.

1) remove the second graphic card from GFX7 (White). Use only 1 graphic card (GFX3 - blue)

2) Follow the instructions from Dgobe Post#1

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1394042

PS: I rather to use AsereBLN 1.1.9 by now

3) I tested all DSDT by iFabio (only DSDT patch by The King, DSDT M2.3(iFabio), M2.4(iFabio) and DSDT 3.1.4(iFabio and kn6600) and works for me with gfx strings)

4) Follow Aquamac instructions to generate HEX string

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...&thread=509 and

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...&thread=569

Using GFX string by pcwiz for GTX 260

http://osx86.net/f19/guide-geforce-gtx-260...-leopard-t4057/

recommend: use Leopard to generate HEX string

5) delete graphic enable and y from com.apple.boot.plist

and add device-properties and <string>Long HEX string</string>

6) shut down

7) insert second graphic card (GFX7)

8) Voilà, works for me (Using 2xBFG Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 512MB)

Best Regards

Goku

This tutorial work whit a dual gtx285 also ?

I ask, because i don't need add nothing to get it work whit all resolutions and 3d.

And i will think in buy another to make a cheap sli ( can i left the sli bridge in his config under osx?? obvious the sli will not work under osx :) )

This tutorial work whit a dual gtx285 also ?

I ask, because i don't need add nothing to get it work whit all resolutions and 3d.

And i will think in buy another to make a cheap sli ( can i left the sli bridge in his config under osx?? obvious the sli will not work under osx :) )

Sea_Man

I think it should work with dual GTX 285.

I use two GTS 250 with the bridge, but I guess not work in SLI. I use both cards because I feel more comfortable working with 3 monitors for my work.

Basically, There are 3 ways to recognize the video cards

1) with the Dgobe's installation and the DSDT by iFabio. The majority of cards will be recognized. (Ghaphicsenabler = yes)

2) GFX strings, adding HEX string in com.apple.boot.plist

3) DSDT inject, I still have some difficulties to add graphic card info on the DSDT, so I still prefer GFX string

Best Regards

Goku

Hi everybody !

I'm italian so my english is really bad ... sorrry !

I'm tring to install snow-leopard on my pc but when i think the installation might go in graphic mode i see a black and white screen with a lot of white and black dots.

I think it is my graphic card that it isn't compatible with osx ... is it right ?

Can I fix this problem without change vga or I must do it ?

Thanks a lot

Stil86

EDIT: Now I'm using an nvidia vga card but i receive this error :

AppleTyNCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xffffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough NCR

Please help me :D :D

Hi stil86,

Yes dot's as you explain has been noted in graphic card area's as GFx card problem. Do search for ATI & or your card here or on Netkas.org to find compatibility problems &/or solutions. I'm not sure about nvidea 7 series

(specific card detail does not help) but search InsanelyMac with specific card detail's if you have problems..

AppleTyNCEDriver comes up as a leopard problem, not sure about Snow Leopard. Are you using Retail disk and dgobe's guide here for your install, if not that would be good place to start.

BarryB

My solution to use two graphic cards.

1) remove the second graphic card from GFX7 (White). Use only 1 graphic card (GFX3 - blue)

2) Follow the instructions from Dgobe Post#1

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1394042

PS: I rather to use AsereBLN 1.1.9 by now

3) I tested all DSDT by iFabio (only DSDT patch by The King, DSDT M2.3(iFabio), M2.4(iFabio) and DSDT 3.1.4(iFabio and kn6600) and works for me with gfx strings)

4) Follow Aquamac instructions to generate HEX string

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...&thread=509 and

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...&thread=569

Using GFX string by pcwiz for GTX 260

http://osx86.net/f19/guide-geforce-gtx-260...-leopard-t4057/

recommend: use Leopard to generate HEX string

5) delete graphic enable and y from com.apple.boot.plist

and add device-properties and <string>Long HEX string</string>

6) shut down

7) insert second graphic card (GFX7)

8) Voilà, works for me (Using 2xBFG Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 512MB)

Best Regards

Goku

Thanks for the info!

Can't seem to get the Aquamac froum to display correctly in IE8 for some reason though? Going to try in Safari under OSX later and see if I can work it out :)

Actually this method needs Leopard which I don't own, I only have retail Snow Leopard so I don't think I can use this guide can I?

And Aquamac forums do display fine in OSX under Safari, just don't think I'll get my 2 x GTX260's working if I need Leopard :(

Hi stil86,

Yes dot's as you explain has been noted in graphic card area's as GFx card problem. Do search for ATI & or your card here or on Netkas.org to find compatibility problems &/or solutions. I'm not sure about nvidea 7 series

(specific card detail does not help) but search InsanelyMac with specific card detail's if you have problems..

AppleTyNCEDriver comes up as a leopard problem, not sure about Snow Leopard. Are you using Retail disk and dgobe's guide here for your install, if not that would be good place to start.

Thank you for your answer !

Now I'm using an nvidia gt 220 and I don't have problem with loading instalation but after selecting the language i start the disk utility to format my hd in guid gpd and it start with disabling disk and never stop.

Or in some cases after 3 hour it finish ti disabling disk and start creating the partition table but really never end.

What is the problem ?

How much time does a 500 GB HD format need ?

I'm using the 10.6 snow leopard retail dvd and following this guide ....

hey people, i would happily try using the new chameleon RC5 and DSDT.aml youve posted up there, but im not sure if there is any changes i would need to make to my booting method first (specs are as below)

i have installed easybcd and simply added a mac EFI entry to the windows bootmgr to get me to OSX, this uses its own chameleon iso, but i don't know if i can edit it to boot including the DSDT and kexts i want. I had installed RC4 onto the disk itself beforehand and added a DSDT and some kexts to the EFI partition (by mounting in in terminal), as well have putting the same DSDT on the root of the drive and in the extra folder i made, but i don't know a way to test if any of this is working, advise and i would be happy to help :)

Thank you for your answer !

Now I'm using an nvidia gt 220 and I don't have problem with loading instalation but after selecting the language i start the disk utility to format my hd in guid gpd and it start with disabling disk and never stop.

Or in some cases after 3 hour it finish ti disabling disk and start creating the partition table but really never end.

What is the problem ?

How much time does a 500 GB HD format need ?

I'm using the 10.6 snow leopard retail dvd and following this guide ....

Hi still86

If I'm understanding you correctly, you need to partition & format from Disk Utility (Utilities scroll down)(top left of install page) before you start S/L install process.. Select your Language & deselect Printer's other Language's etc should be done after format. This should not take very long (minutes not hours).

hey people, i would happily try using the new chameleon RC5 and DSDT.aml youve posted up there, but im not sure if there is any changes i would need to make to my booting method first (specs are as below)

Hi J.B

Your method is off from this Guide so not sure anyone could give you an exact answer. That said ChameleonRC5

should just update if you install over earlier edition & you should be able to simply replace your DSDT.

However I see the problems you have listed & note these are not present if you use dgobe's Guide install method.

(a few posts back dgobe suggested easybcd so it should not be a problem).

I use (as per my sig) drHurt's Win7 friendly RC5. I boot to chameleon GUI then select OS. It's not perfect with Win7 not getting full sleep & sometimes loosing H/D Shutdown from S/L but clearing cache's, patch & permission's repair using osx86 tools 'appears' to of fixed this.

Also note as iFabio & dgobe mention above thier new DSDT & Installer's (I would guess not far away) is going to be

absolutely awesome with latest improvements.

I'm sure if you have time & resources to help with testing latest that would be appreciated. If you wish find out more over HERE

Well I managed to get my 2 x GTX260's recognised in SL :D

Used the GFX String in the 4th post '2x GeForce GTX 260 896Mb (0x10de 0x05e2) >> 2xGTX_260_c.a.B.p.zip' and just pasted the info into my com.apple.boot.plist in the Extra folder. Shutdown the PC, installed the 2nd card in the White Slot (where it lives normally) and rebooted into SL without a hitch. Didn't do any of the lengthy steps on the Aquamac forum?

Only problem I have is System Profiler shows I have an Asus and a Palit GTX260, not a pair of BFG's, but that must be the original cards the Hex string was created from.

Anyone know how to edit the Hex string to change them to BFG, I know it's only cosmetic but I'd like it to reflect my hardware.

I also believe the 2nd card is not used in OSX for SLI games, is this correct? Would installing the lastest Nvidia drivers do any harm to the setup and is this recommended?

*EDIT*

Installed the Nvidia drivers 19.5.8f03 for GTX285 and no problems booting, confirmed the drivers were installed by opening the System\Library\Extensions\NVDANV50Hal.kext and loading the info.plist into Plist Editor Pro and noting 'Get info String' mentions 19.5.8f03. Also connected the SLi Bridge and no problems either. Played about an hour of Half Life 2 without any problems so no obvious problems with the drivers.

Hi J.B

Your method is off from this Guide so not sure anyone could give you an exact answer. That said ChameleonRC5

should just update if you install over earlier edition & you should be able to simply replace your DSDT.

However I see the problems you have listed & note these are not present if you use dgobe's Guide install method.

(a few posts back dgobe suggested easybcd so it should not be a problem).

I use (as per my sig) drHurt's Win7 friendly RC5. I boot to chameleon GUI then select OS. It's not perfect with Win7 not getting full sleep & sometimes loosing H/D Shutdown from S/L but clearing cache's, patch & permission's repair using osx86 tools 'appears' to of fixed this.

Also note as iFabio & dgobe mention above thier new DSDT & Installer's (I would guess not far away) is going to be

absolutely awesome with latest improvements.

I'm sure if you have time & resources to help with testing latest that would be appreciated. If you wish find out more over HERE

thanks, will check out that thread, i found that if i switch the SATA1 and 2 cables connecting my 2 HDD to my MB, the chameleon 2 RC4 that i installed on the OSX disk will boot and i can use it as normal, will try switching it out with the RC5 if i can

BTW: i am using the DSDT posted by iFabio for the 920 if that helps things at all, i wasn't 100% sure where to put it because i couldn't see any differences between using it and a patched one made using the DSDTpatcher GUI (they were different, i checked with DSDTSE) i currently have the file sitting at the root of my OSX drive, in the EFI extra folder

(mounted the partition using terminal, also put some kexts there and built mkext) and in the extra folder on my OSX hard drive where there are also some kexts (:))

incase youre wondering, i didn't follow the guide here exactly because i just couldn't get the CD to boot, kept saying "image checksum error, sorry" even after 2 downloads burnt at low speed and a number of attempts

Hi guys again =)

Been having some problems with my hack. Dont know if anyone know how to solve this?

It feels like my computer slows down like mad when ive runned a few programs and closed them.

For example, if i open Cubase, close and then open photoshop and close that as well. Then try to run Quicktime or VLC movie its all choppy and laggy until i reboot.

All i did is enablegraphics and booted in 32bit mode through Chamelon panel since i have UAD cads that cant be used in x64 bit mode.

Hi guys again =)

Been having some problems with my hack. Dont know if anyone know how to solve this?

It feels like my computer slows down like mad when ive runned a few programs and closed them.

For example, if i open Cubase, close and then open photoshop and close that as well. Then try to run Quicktime or VLC movie its all choppy and laggy until i reboot.

All i did is enablegraphics and booted in 32bit mode through Chamelon panel since i have UAD cads that cant be used in x64 bit mode.

I use both Cubase & Photoshop, VLC also, me too on 32 bit 'cause of audio interface and I'm using graphic enabler only, I tried to repeat the situation you describe but here I get no slowdown. But I'm not using Chameleon. I'm using the /boot file from Asere. Try that, maybe. That should also autodetect your ram, so you don't need to input ram infos.

Hi still86

If I'm understanding you correctly, you need to partition & format from Disk Utility (Utilities scroll down)(top left of install page) before you start S/L install process.. Select your Language & deselect Printer's other Language's etc should be done after format. This should not take very long (minutes not hours).

Maybe I'm not been clear ...

After chameleon I start the S/L retail DVD and I have the first screen where i choose the language and next ;

post-646624-1280737565_thumb.jpg

After agree the T&C if I select next S/L ask me in witch disk I would install but, if I don't use disk utility, I will see nothing in the disk list so I need to use this utility;

post-646624-1280737652_thumb.jpg

but

post-646624-1280737696_thumb.jpg

disk utility doesn't format or partition my disk.

This is my problem ....

Sorry for image but I don't know why :)

Any help ?

I use both Cubase & Photoshop, VLC also, me too on 32 bit 'cause of audio interface and I'm using graphic enabler only, I tried to repeat the situation you describe but here I get no slowdown. But I'm not using Chameleon. I'm using the /boot file from Asere. Try that, maybe. That should also autodetect your ram, so you don't need to input ram infos.

Thanx.. would love to try. You know any step by step to make it work?

Wouldnt it be harder to make it work well with my current setup of GTX285 for example?

Sorry im a noob

Italiano

Prova a formattare il disco con una live di linux o con gparted.

(magari hai il disco... rovinato??)

Fabio

Italiano

Provo con la live ...

Il disco dovrebbe essere a posto ma lo testo !

Stil86

EDIT: formattato il disco con gparted live alla schermata di selezione della partizione in cui installare carica all'infinito e disk utiliti uguale ...

Provo un'altro disco.

Anche secondo disco niente da fare ...

Thanx.. would love to try. You know any step by step to make it work?

Wouldnt it be harder to make it work well with my current setup of GTX285 for example?

Sorry im a noob

Oppsss...regarding your video card I've no idea if it's supported from the bootloader in subject...I've a fanless 9400GT in dual screen config and the enabler just works...it's a poor card, but using this PC mainly 4 music, it's enought 4 me. It worked straight the first time, so I never tried again configuring a video interface,and can't give you further advice.

EDIT: formattato il disco con gparted live alla schermata di selezione della partizione in cui installare carica all'infinito e disk utiliti uguale ...

Provo un'altro disco.

Anche secondo disco niente da fare ...

This is most unusual, your disk recognised & formatted with Linux but still not recognised by disk utility ??? :)

The only other thing's I can think off that may cause this is if the Bios is not set to AHCI or a faulty SATA cable.

If not already can you update to latest Bios & then reset as in first post. Make sure H/D SATA connected to 1st SATA

outlet on MOBO & DVD to 2nd then try again..

If that fails & nobody has any more suggestions, can you get use of a working Mac & an external H/D to USB cable,

connector or case ? With these it is possible to load OSX & dgobe's installer direct to the H/D (if it is then recognised).

More on that later if you have too. :)

This is most unusual, your disk recognised & formatted with Linux but still not recognised by disk utility ??? :)

The only other thing's I can think off that may cause this is if the Bios is not set to AHCI or a faulty SATA cable.

If not already can you update to latest Bios & then reset as in first post. Make sure H/D SATA connected to 1st SATA

outlet on MOBO & DVD to 2nd then try again..

If that fails & nobody has any more suggestions, can you get use of a working Mac & an external H/D to USB cable,

connector or case ? With these it is possible to load OSX & dgobe's installer direct to the H/D (if it is then recognised).

More on that later if you have too. :D

I have already the latest bios (1003), i tried to reset the bios and retype all the settings as in the guide...

Now i try another cable and put hd on sata1 and dvd on sata2 ...

Olllé !!

Incredible ... It was the sata cable or sata position or HD ... (I tried to change all :-) )

Now I have OSX :-) with some problem ...

I don't have ethernet (I have already execute "sudo ..." but nothing,

Every boot i have tu use the boot cd and prompt "GraphicEnabler=n" because i nedd to install gt220 driver ...

In each case it doesn't reboot or shutdown or bootup automatically but first i need internet and graphic !!

Any idea ?

Olllé !!

Incredible ... It was the sata cable or sata position or HD ... (I tried to change all :-) )

Now I have OSX :-) with some problem ...

I don't have ethernet (I have already execute "sudo ..." but nothing,

Every boot i have tu use the boot cd and prompt "GraphicEnabler=n" because i nedd to install gt220 driver ...

In each case it doesn't reboot or shutdown or bootup automatically but first i need internet and graphic !!

Any idea ?

That's excellent, did you remember to go through post install process, install P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg & use

terminal to touch /System/Library/Extensions. "OSX86 Tools" & "Kext Utilllity" applications (Google them) will

be your friends if you need to add extra kexts etc.

That's excellent, did you remember to go through post install process, install P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg & use

terminal to touch /System/Library/Extensions. "OSX86 Tools" & "Kext Utilllity" applications (Google them) will

be your friends if you need to add extra kexts etc.

OK ! Now it's all perfect !

I would say thanks a lot at those people help me in this adventure ...

My only last question is why my seagate 500 doesn't work whit mac but run perfectly on win ...

Thank you all guys !

Stil86

My only last question is why my seagate 500 doesn't work whit mac but run perfectly on win ...

Thank you all guys !

Stil86

When I purchased my Unibody MBP I also purchased separately a 500G Seagate H/D. All S/L & updates installed

on this ok. Then I received (via apple update) a firmware upgrade that was to "improve stability for 500G H/D's".

After this was installed my MBP failed to start (Blue screen only). Apple solution was for me to bye a new Logic board &

not update firmware or change H/D until they found a solution. They promised to notify me as soon as a solution found

(that was 12mth's ago) & still no news. That said I put the drive in my daughters 1.83 MBP, there was no firmware

update offered from apple & the drive continues to work fine.

With my limited understanding technically of getting S/L to run on PC's I guess the relevance here is that 'maybe' there is something in fakeSMC that does not like/or triggers compatibility issues with the seagate 500g drive & S/L.

If you are curious maybe you could one day have a play swapping around fakeSMC's that are known to work with our MOBO to see if any work. If you do please report findings. dgobe iFabio or @@Smith may know all these version's if you ask to make this test easier for you.

Please anybody feel free to shoot me down in flames here, this is only a guess based on my experience

and limited knowledge..