[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

I've seen that but I mean when the system has froze with the spinning wheel of death and you have to reboot. Is there a log of what happened anywhere?

Besides console or before mentioned I'm not exactly sure. Try Google, Apple or OSX/Mac forums.

I've used Mac's for a few years now & still am amazed to find more things S/L programme can do.

Note: if you are unable by clicking on desktop somewhere to get Apple icon to scroll down (top left crn)

& select Force Quit (works 99% of time), this would suggest Finder has crashed, but why ???

Thanx guys, had to change the same file at /Extra to make it boot in 32bit mode. Now my UAD Quad works like a charm =)

I have to ask even tho it might be slight off topic, but since it concerns my Hack build through this guide.

How do you guys know if everything is working as it should when it comes to preformance and stability. I have no experience with real Macs and really dont know what to expect.

Is there anyway you could test your preformance or if any kexts or mods is needed?

You know.. i just do exactly what the guide said on page one. Added graphicsenabler and now also modded for getting it into 32bit mode. It works great, but Cubase crashes sometimes, havent tried so many other program this time. (Reinstalled yesterday)

Regards Cyn

& you guys freeking rock for doing this!! =D

Wow, a Cubase user as me!

You can see stability by itself. To test performances try Geekbench...and by having a look on youtube you can see other macpro results by geekbench...if your system is ok, it will be in the average or maybe something above.

I'm working in 32bits too 'cause of my soundcard which still has no 64 drivers...yes, that sucks!

Cubase is quite stable, generally plugins can make it crash...yesterday Battery 3 (f**k) did it 3 times...this sucks also.

Which Cubase version are you using?

I got my frist hackintosh working thanks to this forum thread!

Thank You!

ps How do I download the 3.3 DSDT, says I don't have permissions when I'm logged in. Im trying to get speedstep working on this i7 975.

Thanks!

Can you explain me what does it mean?

6289b1be0130t.jpg

If you need, my configuration:

Asus P6T Deluxe v2 BIOS 1003

Core i7-920 D0 stepping

3x2 GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600

GeForce GTX 480

Corsair Nova Series 128 GB SSD

I tryed it several times with boot-132 v1.15 and got this screen at the end of all tryings. All BIOS settings were exactly how in a guide.

How can I solve this problem?

I tryed it several times with boot-132 v1.15 and got this screen at the end of all tryings. All BIOS settings were exactly how in a guide.

How can I solve this problem?

Hi TiberiumSS,

I would think your problem is the SSD, have you tried to setup with a SATA Drive first.. Then I'd

research into SSD Drive support.

camoguy,

Seems like your not logged in properly ?? After log in go to 'My Control' (top right of page) & add

your signature, this will both confirm your logged in & allow help for your setup if & when needed.

Might be because of your Fermi video card but try burning a new CD if you haven't already. I'm going to put together a new boot CD with Fermi support when I have time....but I'm very busy this week.

EDIT: Maybe SSD like iBdb said, but you're probably going to have video card issues if you get past that.

Is anyone else having trouble downloading ifabio's dsdt's?

I am trying to get this one http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=71240

for my P6T SE i7 920, but keep getting a message that says:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

If anyone can share a copy of his P6T SE last DSDT v3.3 (stripped and optimized), for P6T SE i7 920 through a pm or download link I would appreciate it.

Hi TiberiumSS,

I would think your problem is the SSD, have you tried to setup with a SATA Drive first.. Then I'd

research into SSD Drive support.

Yes, I tried with my WD Velociraptor and got this screen too, but I have some problems with health state of Velociraptor, so it could cause this problem. I'll try with other HDD's.

Might be because of your Fermi video card but try burning a new CD if you haven't already. I'm going to put together a new boot CD with Fermi support when I have time....but I'm very busy this week.

EDIT: Maybe SSD like iBdb said, but you're probably going to have video card issues if you get past that.

I tried the latest version v1.15. So, if I would get this screen on all of my HDD's, I will wait a new boot CD. :wacko:

Wow, a Cubase user as me!

You can see stability by itself. To test performances try Geekbench...and by having a look on youtube you can see other macpro results by geekbench...if your system is ok, it will be in the average or maybe something above.

I'm working in 32bits too 'cause of my soundcard which still has no 64 drivers...yes, that sucks!

Cubase is quite stable, generally plugins can make it crash...yesterday Battery 3 (f**k) did it 3 times...this sucks also.

Which Cubase version are you using?

A cubase user here to :)

Everything here is working, my sound card also dont have 64bit drivers :P my poco compact also dont have 64bit drivers...but it is working great im happy :) I am using C5.5

A cubase user here to :)

Everything here is working, my sound card also dont have 64bit drivers :P my poco compact also dont have 64bit drivers...but it is working great im happy :) I am using C5.5

Hi !!! Great to know here other Cubase users! Yes, it's working quite stable and 4 me the 5.5 update gave really a performance improvement on the 4 cores! I've a project with 10 vsts, lot of audio, EQs & FXs on nearly every track and cpu usage in Cubase is at 1/3 only! With this hackintosh you can produce complete songs using Cubase + Softsynths, all inside you PC with no problems at all!

Sorry for my bad English (I'm french) :(

I just wanted to thank you for the work done, my hackintosh 10.6.4 to work perfectly, (p6tv2, 12 gb ddr3, i7 920, nvidia gtx 285, 1000 go sata wd)

Sincerely, good work

Thanks again :(

Hi people...

Just a quick info.

With the new bootloader we don't need more the SS code in our DSDT :(:D

Thx mozodojo for his changer in the chameleon source code.

Soon I rebuild our custom DSDT... now more easy to manage!

Fabio

Sorry for my bad English (I'm french) :blink:

I just wanted to thank you for the work done, my hackintosh 10.6.4 to work perfectly, (p6tv2, 12 gb ddr3, i7 920, nvidia gtx 285, 1000 go sata wd)

Sincerely, good work

Thanks again :thumbsup_anim:

Idem tout roule pour moi aussi!!!!!

Merci les mecs

Hi people...

Just a quick info.

With the new bootloader we don't need more the SS code in our DSDT :):D

Thx mozodojo for his changer in the chameleon source code.

Soon I rebuild our custom DSDT... now more easy to manage!

Fabio

Waiting patiently for another stunning DSDT !!!

Yes another DSDT would be good, except this time make sure you include P6TD-Deluxe and get some loyal users to test the DSDT first, because your current 3.3 big DSDT does not handle stepping properly for some of us, we've had to use the smaller i7 920 only DSDT.

Yes another DSDT would be good, except this time make sure you include P6TD-Deluxe and get some loyal users to test the DSDT first, because your current 3.3 big DSDT does not handle stepping properly for some of us, we've had to use the smaller i7 920 only DSDT.

I am sorry that the latest version does not work for P6TD ... but why is it only knows now?

The realization of the DSDT specific to each processor is not something absolutely simple though it may be considered almost automatically.

We users "X58" we can be lucky because 'much of the energy power managment system works natively ...

The problem is that if you have no feedback on its functionality it is difficult to solve or work around something here ignores the existence.

So Please ... what exactly are your problems to say that does not work on your platform?

Anyway, the next DSDT does not make any changes in performance, but will be 'more' simple and standard, provided they use the new bootloader that uses the SpeedSteps.

It 's a simple modification to the inherent processors, and small features to be added to com.apple.Boot.plist.

Maybe for something more 'customizable for users who prefer to customize the system (like me) you could do a version as I did for the EFI version.

Fabio

Hi all.

here a "test" DSDT for all user with P6T Deluxe v1/v2 and P6TD Deluxe

Is for all kind of i7 processors supported by our motherboard

DSDT TEST --> DSDT.aml.zip

ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSABLE IF THE THINGS GO WRONGS...

We do some test on the new bootloader with SpeedSteps

Topic related --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225766

Here the installer for Chameleon 2 RC5 rev222 -->

Here the installer for Chameleon 2 RC5 rev233 -->

Here the installer for Chameleon 2 RC5 rev300 --> Chameleon 2 RC5 rev 300

This DSDT is the full version like M2.5 but with the Processor code clean

[size=1]    Scope (_PR)
   {
       Processor (CPU0, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (CPU1, 0x02, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (CPU2, 0x03, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (CPU3, 0x04, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (CPU4, 0x05, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (CPU5, 0x06, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (CPU6, 0x07, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (CPU7, 0x08, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
    // [color="#ff0000"]ADD THIS ONLY FOR i7 980x[/color]
    // [color="#0000ff"]Processor (CPU8, 0x09, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
    // Processor (CPU9, 0x0A, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
    // Processor (CPUA, 0x0B, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
    // Processor (CPUB, 0x0C, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}[/color]
    // [color="#ff0000"]END extra code for i7 980x[/color]
   }[/size]

With this code (see up) we need in the com.apple.Boot.plist to add some key

[size=1]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>
[color="#0000ff"][b]<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>[/b][/color]
</dict>
</plist>[/size]

Alternative... yourself do different change in the DSDT code

[size=1]    Scope (_PR)
   {
       Processor (P001, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (P002, 0x02, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (P003, 0x03, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (P004, 0x04, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (P005, 0x05, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (P006, 0x06, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (P007, 0x07, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
       Processor (P008, 0x08, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
    // [color="#ff0000"]ADD THIS ONLY FOR i7 980x[/color]
    // [color="#0000ff"]Processor (P009, 0x09, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
    // Processor (P00A, 0x0A, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
    // Processor (P00B, 0x0B, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
    // Processor (P00C, 0x0C, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}[/color]
    // [color="#ff0000"]END extra code for i7 980x[/color]
   }[/size]

And with this code you don't need to add any key in the com.apple.Boot.plist

So guys do our test on it. and please report it and any suggest is appreciated :wacko:

Fabio

Hi everybody !

I'm italian so my english is really bad ... sorrry !

I'm tring to install snow-leopard on my pc but when i think the installation might go in graphic mode i see a black and white screen with a lot of white and black dots.

I think it is my graphic card that it isn't compatible with osx ... is it right ?

Can I fix this problem without change vga or I must do it ?

Thanks a lot

Stil86

EDIT: Now I'm using an nvidia vga card but i receive this error :

AppleTyNCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xffffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough NCR

Please help me :D :D

I was just testing this with M2.5 but I'll try the new DSDT and let you know

Thanks!

EDIT:

OK, I see the DSDT is just M2.5 with some minor changes. What branch is the Chameleon compiled from and what patches did you add?

Processors P00x = The speedstepping is flaky just like MacPro4,1 before the Platform.kext updates that added the Step and PLimit dictionaries.

Processors CPUx = Stuck at idle 1.6Ghz, GenerateCStates=Yes

I was just testing this with M2.5 but I'll try the new DSDT and let you know

Thanks!

EDIT:

OK, I see the DSDT is just M2.5 with some minor changes. What branch is the Chameleon compiled from and what patches did you add?

Processors P00x = The speedstepping is flaky just like MacPro4,1 before the Platform.kext updates that added the Step and PLimit dictionaries.

Processors CPUx = Stuck at idle 1.6Ghz, GenerateCStates=Yes

Ok then we wait for more feedback and problems..

So the better way is use the processors scope like P001,P002, P00n ecc and not the CPUx..

because we not have P-State and C-State.

Anyway the "flaky" speedstepping... what we can do?

The brances I compiled in that package is from mozodojo rev222

The new installer coming from Trunk rev233 posted before

Fabio

I'm running some tests now and I'm going to post my findings to the Chameleon thread. 222->233 in no time at all, good to see another flurry of activity in the source tree!

Looking at the source code, the automatic acpi code generation uses CPUx instead of P00x so I'm using that for now. Our SSDT has CST data in it so you should use DropSSDT=yes. Using GeneratePStates = instant reboot for me. Does yours work?

I'm running some tests now and I'm going to post my findings to the Chameleon thread. 222->233 in no time at all, good to see another flurry of activity in the source tree!

Looking at the source code, the automatic acpi code generation uses CPUx instead of P00x so I'm using that for now. Our SSDT has CST data in it so you should use DropSSDT=yes. Using GeneratePStates = instant reboot for me. Does yours work?

Hi dgobe.

Same problem here.

with genertepstate=y I have reboot (Maybe fixing this problem)

with CPUx name also I have slow performance... near 5000 in geekbench

with P00x name no need notthing in c.a.B.p but I'm not completly sure about the boot carge the C & P states...

Fabio

Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to add 2 x GTX260?

Tried the files from the 4th post and tried to follow the limited info, even tried editing the efi.plist to add the 2nd card but always I get a black screen? I remember a post somewhere walking you through by putting one card in and running some prog to get some values and doing the same with the second card plugged in the 2nd slot then editing the info to work with both cards.

How do you guys get two GTX260's working on this board? I can access my OSX files from windows so I can experiment with different DSDT + EFI.plist and com.apple.boot.plist but still get black screen :)

Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to add 2 x GTX260?

Tried the files from the 4th post and tried to follow the limited info, even tried editing the efi.plist to add the 2nd card but always I get a black screen? I remember a post somewhere walking you through by putting one card in and running some prog to get some values and doing the same with the second card plugged in the 2nd slot then editing the info to work with both cards.

How do you guys get two GTX260's working on this board? I can access my OSX files from windows so I can experiment with different DSDT + EFI.plist and com.apple.boot.plist but still get black screen :(

BarryB

My solution to use two graphic cards.

1) remove the second graphic card from GFX7 (White). Use only 1 graphic card (GFX3 - blue)

2) Follow the instructions from Dgobe Post#1

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1394042

PS: I rather to use AsereBLN 1.1.9 by now

3) I tested all DSDT by iFabio (only DSDT patch by The King, DSDT M2.3(iFabio), M2.4(iFabio) and DSDT 3.1.4(iFabio and kn6600) and works for me with gfx strings)

4) Follow Aquamac instructions to generate HEX string

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...&thread=509 and

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...&thread=569

Using GFX string by pcwiz for GTX 260

http://osx86.net/f19/guide-geforce-gtx-260...-leopard-t4057/

recommend: use Leopard to generate HEX string

5) delete graphic enable and y from com.apple.boot.plist

and add device-properties and <string>Long HEX string</string>

6) shut down

7) insert second graphic card (GFX7)

8) Voilà, works for me (Using 2xBFG Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 512MB)

Best Regards

Goku