driver for GTX 285

lemarqq

21 posts in this topic

Hello. I wanted to install Snow Leopard,but i found it a bit complicated,so i said i go with Leopard vers 10.5.2

(Maybe,if i'm lucky :( , i'll update it to Snow Leopard,if it's possible ) but for the moment i'm okay with what i have.

Can someone explain it to me about installing the videocard driver ? Sound too,but i'm doing that after..

I have the Nvidia GTX 285. Soundcard is SB Creative Xtremegamer.

Please,guys, give me a hand ,i'm really a n00b at this.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
Hello. I wanted to install Snow Leopard,but i found it a bit complicated,so i said i go with Leopard vers 10.5.2

(Maybe,if i'm lucky :P , i'll update it to Snow Leopard,if it's possible ) but for the moment i'm okay with what i have.

Can someone explain it to me about installing the videocard driver ? Sound too,but i'm doing that after..

Thanks in advance.

I managed to get the GTX 285 to work it involved using PC EFI 10.6. I had to install with another card then drop PC-EFI into the root of the drive. Let me know if you are still trying to figure it out or need help.

• 3 weeks later...
I used EFIstudio, my card works but it's recognized as a Radeon, and QE/CI won't work.

\

Hi, I have a INNO3D 1GB 285, I am using PC-EFI 10.6 what do I need to get card working (only being seens as 32MB card at mo with terrible resolution!)

• 2 weeks later...
snow leopard no problem with this driver:

efi

Actually, I do have problems with it and a GTX 285. WoW locks up after a couple of seconds every time with an EFI string for my card. However, simply adding "GraphicsEnable=Yes" to the boot.plist gives me full acceleration and WoW works wonderfully.

Neither works with the new (non-default) OpenGL backend for WoW, though.

• 1 month later...

Maybe someone can help me i'm so desperate... I have installed snow 10.6 on my ps and i have evga nvidia geforce gtx 285 video card. i tried to run the osx and after apple logo my display is going to sleep, and i hear that osx starts, can hear music like u have on newly installed software. I tried everything nvenabler, natit, nkush, nvinjact does not work!!! Please help anyone! Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe someone can help me i'm so desperate... I have installed snow 10.6 on my ps and i have evga nvidia geforce gtx 285 video card. i tried to run the osx and after apple logo my display is going to sleep, and i hear that osx starts, can hear music like u have on newly installed software. I tried everything nvenabler, natit, nkush, nvinjact does not work!!! Please help anyone! Thanks.

I second this. I don't have the card yet, but I was planning on buying it so that I could use with all of the GPU accelerated features in Adobe Creative Suite 5. Has anyone been able to get this working flawlessly (sleep, all acceleration, dual monitors, etc) under SL 10.6.3?

• 2 weeks later...
I second this. I don't have the card yet, but I was planning on buying it so that I could use with all of the GPU accelerated features in Adobe Creative Suite 5. Has anyone been able to get this working flawlessly (sleep, all acceleration, dual monitors, etc) under SL 10.6.3?

I, too, am very interested in using the Mercury Playback Engine with this card thru 10.6.

Any ideas?

Does anyone have problems with the screen flickering depending on GPU load?

I read it has something to do with power states, but I have no luck fixing this thing.

Tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes, tried a few different EFI strings, two different cards. Running out of ideas ;)

No one else has flickering issues using a GTX285 on 10.6.3?

I have the same problem that netkas is having in Windows: http://netkas.org/?p=442

Only my flickering is in SL 10.6.3, and I have no problems in Windows.

If there is anyone out there who doesn't have flickering problems, could you please post your plist, and maybe dump your BIOS? I suspect it has something to do with the power management line.

Thanks

(Maybe,if i'm lucky :( , i'll update it to Snow Leopard,if it's possible ) but for the moment i'm okay with what i have.

Thanks in advance.

gtx 275 works too!

I have an i7 950 rig with the p6t6 ws revolution mobo with 3x 896mb evga GeForce 275GTX in a tri-SLI bridge. I'm hoping i will be able to use all 3, but reading around, it sounds like thats probably going to be impossible.

havent begun the install yet, just trying to get some information about the best way to go about this.

anyone have any advice or directions to point me in?

I have an i7 950 rig with the p6t6 ws revolution mobo with 3x 896mb evga GeForce 275GTX in a tri-SLI bridge. I'm hoping i will be able to use all 3, but reading around, it sounds like thats probably going to be impossible.

havent begun the install yet, just trying to get some information about the best way to go about this.

anyone have any advice or directions to point me in?

I can help you with getting two running:

First find the PCI Roots of each slot by booting up with only one card.

gfxutil -f display

Do that for each slot and write down the values.

Then you can either use the EFI strings method, or DSDT method. I used the DSDT method to get two working: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...6771&st=658

Adding the third should be similar.

As an aside, I'm hoping this DSDT method with the values from aschar1's post will resolve my flickering 285.

I can help you with getting two running:

First find the PCI Roots of each slot by booting up with only one card.

gfxutil -f display

Do that for each slot and write down the values.

Then you can either use the EFI strings method, or DSDT method. I used the DSDT method to get two working: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...6771&st=658

Adding the third should be similar.

As an aside, I'm hoping this DSDT method with the values from aschar1's post will resolve my flickering 285.

Thanks for the info! ill be sure to try it out

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...