ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

I have my DSDT but what's IORegistryExplorer?

mediafire.com/?y1rud6opl82o4px

It says "Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file" when i upload it here.

Right click on the file choose the compress option then attach the resulting .zip file that will get by that restriction. The IORegistryExplorer allows you to see the values that the system is using for its various settings you need to install Xcode or search for it online stand alone as it has been posted before.

where do i find ioreg in IORegistryExplorer?

edit i also see highlighted red IOAudioControlUserClient and IOAudioToggleControl and there are many duplicates of it

"Red highlighted IOAudioControlUserClient" appeared when IORegistryExplorer's running Explorer and closing applications.

Please list your current device in your signature so some one can help you more easier.

You don't have to add any additional kext but you should use boot from this thread.

And if you want to get HDMI audio, you should try Sapphire HD5770.

So I have Chameleon 2 RC5 installed, does this boot file go in the volume root? Or in Extra?

(Had a stable install with an nVidia GTS 250 until a few days ago-- that card died and I now own a Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X, so it's a different ballgame getting it going, not as simple as an EFI string.)

So I have Chameleon 2 RC5 installed, does this boot file go in the volume root? Or in Extra?

(Had a stable install with an nVidia GTS 250 until a few days ago-- that card died and I now own a Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X, so it's a different ballgame getting it going, not as simple as an EFI string.)

boot should be in /root.

"Red highlighted IOAudioControlUserClient" appeared when IORegistryExplorer's running Explorer and closing applications.

Please list your current device in your signature so some one can help you more easier.

I listed my devices in my signature.

boot should be in /root.

Thanks. Haven't had a chance to do this yet, but I had a couple additional questions just to make sure I'm not missing something.

* Do I need to extract my card's ROM file, rename it and put it in EXTRA and use the UseAtiROM key in my boot.plist?

* Also, I read earlier in this thread that Baboon was the correct frame buffer for the Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X. Not Vervet? (I ask because it looks like you have the same card).

Sorry for all the questions. Have yet to get my install to boot up all the way-- screen goes black / fans speed up when it tries to initialize the card for OS X. I should be updating my drive tomorrow with the boot file and any other mods necessary.

Thanks. Haven't had a chance to do this yet, but I had a couple additional questions just to make sure I'm not missing something.

* Do I need to extract my card's ROM file, rename it and put it in EXTRA and use the UseAtiROM key in my boot.plist?

* Also, I read earlier in this thread that Baboon was the correct frame buffer for the Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X. Not Vervet? (I ask because it looks like you have the same card).

Sorry for all the questions. Have yet to get my install to boot up all the way-- screen goes black / fans speed up when it tries to initialize the card for OS X. I should be updating my drive tomorrow with the boot file and any other mods necessary.

Try without the rom file first - chances are you will not need it if you are using the latest version of the boot file. Also don't forget to set GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the boot.plist and clear out any old efi strings or nvidia enablers that you may have installed previously. You may also need to delete the contents of the System\Library\Caches folder if you get a black screen or hang before loading the desktop.

I dont have a 5770 but do use this method with a 5570 and a 5870 without issues.

I will answer this question.

It's OK for using Baboon if HDMI/DVI cables already connect to ports and you will lost signal if disconnecting from ports.

The best is using Vervet. capable plug and unplug.

Try without the rom file first - chances are you will not need it if you are using the latest version of the boot file. Also don't forget to set GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the boot.plist and clear out any old efi strings or nvidia enablers that you may have installed previously. You may also need to delete the contents of the System\Library\Caches folder if you get a black screen or hang before loading the desktop.

I dont have a 5770 but do use this method with a 5570 and a 5870 without issues.

Thanks for your help. I did remove the efi string for my nvidia card and turned on graphics enabled (prior to learning about this new boot file), but I will check S/L/ caches just in case.

One last question that came to mind. Elsewhere i've read that when you use this method you need to boot in 64 bit mode. I do believe my boot.plist has a kernel flag forcing 32 bit -- do I need to ditch that flag?

Awesome. Added that boot file to my root directory, bingo, I have video. Removing my 32-bit flag seems to have resulted in a double panic (probably a kext or something 64-bit wasn't liking), but putting it back I'm able to boot back into my install successfully.

EDIT: Don't know what I was smoking when I wrote that. I'm still running 64-bit, what caused the KP was that the SleepEnabler.kext I was using in 32-bit mode doesn't work in 64-bit. Totally unrelated to the video issue-- I'm able to boot 32-bit + SleepEnabler or 64-bit / no SleepEnabler and get video either way. Sweet.

Using RC5 + the boot file mentioned enables / initializes the 5770. It's that simple.

Two LCDs hooked up to the 2 DVI ports working fine, apparently. I did boot one time to have my main monitor fail to display anything in 32-bit mode-- it just stayed black (on, not sleeping). I hit the power button to sleep the machine, then woke it, and it displayed the desktop properly. Hmm. Haven't had any glitches in 64-bit mode yet.

Next question is, is there anything I need to do now to enable full hardware acceleration? Only test I did was firing up Left 4 Dead 2 and cranking up the settings. I think this card should be able to handle that game fine, but it gets a bit choppy with antialiasing and filtering cranked all the way up (maybe this card doesn't handle that stuff awesome-- but either way, the "recommended" settings are {censored}, tho with other things set low, it seems to run fine at 1920 x 1200). Is there a Mac equivalent of the catalyst drivers or whatever? Or perhaps this is as good as it gets. (I fired up the same game in Windows and it's night and day, video settings default much higher and things are tons smoother.)

Thanks for all your help-- so happy to have my machine up and running again-- good to be productive again.

Well, this is depressing. With my 5770 In Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit, my Cinebench 11.5 OpenGL score is 63.31 fps, in 10.6.6 it is almost 18 ;)

What can I do?

I'm using Boot9 with Chameleon 2 RC5. I tried Kabyl's 700 boot file but that was slightly slower.

My Sapphire HD5770's HDMI audio is working and I must add some lines in DSDT.

Device (PEGP)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
               Device (GFX0)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, Zero)
                   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x02)
                           {
                               "hda-gfx", 
                               Buffer (0x0A)
                               {
                                   "onboard-1"
                               }
                           }, Local0)
                       DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }
               }

Device (HDAU)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, One)
                   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x02)
                           {
                               "hda-gfx", 
                               Buffer (0x0A)
                               {
                                   "onboard-1"
                               }
                           }, Local0)
                       DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }
               }
           }

Hi, tmongkol, it's me again.

Enclosed are my modified DSDT.dsl and ioreg from IORegistryExplorer for your reference.

It seems I have installed Device (PEGP) including Device (GFX0) & (HDAU) in NPE3 which contains HDEF of ATI 5770 audio (aa58) already.

But there is no HDMI audio output yet.

Can you figure out something wrong in my DSDT ?

Does it mean I am not lucky because MSI Hawk 5770 is NOT compatible enough for Hackintosh !

Thanks for your help again.

P6T_SE_MSI_Hawk_5770.ioreg.zip

DSDT.dsl.zip

Hi, tmongkol, it's me again.

Enclosed are my modified DSDT.dsl and ioreg from IORegistryExplorer for your reference.

It seems I have installed Device (PEGP) including Device (GFX0) & (HDAU) in NPE3 which contains HDEF of ATI 5770 audio (aa58) already.

But there is no HDMI audio output yet.

Can you figure out something wrong in my DSDT ?

Does it mean I am not lucky because MSI Hawk 5770 is NOT compatible enough for Hackintosh !

Thanks for your help again.

remove HDAEnabler.kext

I added Device (HDEF) and Device (GFX0) & Device (HDAU).

DSDT.dsl.zip

You will be lucky if HDMI audio's working.

remove HDAEnabler.kext

I added Device (HDEF) and Device (GFX0) & Device (HDAU).

DSDT.dsl.zip

You will be lucky if HDMI audio's working.

Using this modified DSDT and removal of HDAEnabler.kext, in Apple System Profile --> Audio I can find HDMI / DisplayPort Output: Connection: Display has been added. But no such a item in System Preferences --> Sound--> Output for selection.

Only 4 are available as before ( Internal Speaker, 2 Line Outputs, & Digital Output).

Does it mean I am not so lucky to get HDMI audio via MSI Hawk 5770/Asus P6T SE combination,

or I can do something more to actually get it (e.g. add this new HDMI output by Audio/Midi Setup) ?

Thanks for your kind help.

Using this modified DSDT and removal of HDAEnabler.kext, in Apple System Profile --> Audio I can find HDMI / DisplayPort Output: Connection: Display has been added. But no such a item in System Preferences --> Sound--> Output for selection.

Only 4 are available as before ( Internal Speaker, 2 Line Outputs, & Digital Output).

Does it mean I am not so lucky to get HDMI audio via MSI Hawk 5770/Asus P6T SE combination,

or I can do something more to actually get it (e.g. add this new HDMI output by Audio/Midi Setup) ?

Thanks for your kind help.

I think you were unlucky with this card. You may try Sapphire HD5770 and sell MSI Hawk.

I sold Gigabyte HD5770 batmobile because I could not get HDMI. So, I had read many posts that said XFX or Sapphire HD5770 could get HDMI audio.

Note: When I was using Win7, my Sapphire HD5770 could get audio thru HDMI or DP (DP 2 mini DP cable + mini DP 2 HDMI) but could not get audio thru DVIs (ATI DVI2HDMI adaptor). In contrast, Gigabyte "batmobile" HD5770 could get audio thru every port. I was thinking it's about PCB design.

I think you were unlucky with this card. You may try Sapphire HD5770 and sell MSI Hawk.

I sold Gigabyte HD5770 batmobile because I could not get HDMI. So, I had read many posts that said XFX or Sapphire HD5770 could get HDMI audio.

Note: When I was using Win7, my Sapphire HD5770 could get audio thru HDMI or DP (DP 2 mini DP cable + mini DP 2 HDMI) but could not get audio thru DVIs (ATI DVI2HDMI adaptor). In contrast, Gigabyte "batmobile" HD5770 could get audio thru every port. I was thinking it's about PCB design.

Thanks for your hint and glad to have solved my HDMI audio problem at last !

Need using Eulemur instead of Vervet FB to activate both DVI and HDMI display and connect HDMI output via DP->HDMI instead of direct HDMI to add HDMI audio out by itself.

In Taiwan we can buy ATI HD 5770 made by Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte quite easily and in reasonable price, but almost impossible to get XFX or Sapphire HD5770.

My last question is :

Is the ADR_0x???????? of HDEF added by you need modification for other motherboard or ATI HD5850 ?

To me it seems to be a fixed 1B000 instead of variable value. (I found that info from another website)

Do you get this info from IORegistryExplorer or lspci ?

Thanks for your hint and glad to have solved my HDMI audio problem at last !

Need using Eulemur instead of Vervet FB to activate both DVI and HDMI display and connect HDMI output via DP->HDMI instead of direct HDMI to add HDMI audio out by itself.

In Taiwan we can buy ATI HD 5770 made by Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte quite easily and in reasonable price, but almost impossible to get XFX or Sapphire HD5770.

I might try to test my HD5770 with Eulemur.

My last question is :

Is the ADR_0x???????? of HDEF added by you need modification for other motherboard or ATI HD5850 ?

To me it seems to be a fixed 1B000 instead of variable value. (I found that info from another website)

I think basically most Intel chipset (audio controller) will use 0x0001B000 for Device (AZAL) or Device (HDEF).

Do you get this info from IORegistryExplorer or lspci ?

Yes, I got it.

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:3a3e]

Hi tmongkol. I have the Sapphire HD5770 1GB and tried your HDAU and PEGP dsdt addons in my dsdt.

I have the GA-H57M-USB3 with F9 bios motherboard and I can't get hdmi audio to work.

I don't know if I can post my dsdt here because I took it from tonymacx86.com and I don't think they allow sharing.

I'm downloading Xcode now.

My system was installed with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.2. I'm running Kabyl's Chameleon r700.

Hi tmongkol. I have the Sapphire HD5770 1GB and tried your HDAU and PEGP dsdt addons in my dsdt.

I have the GA-H57M-USB3 with F9 bios motherboard and I can't get hdmi audio to work.

I don't know if I can post my dsdt here because I took it from tonymacx86.com and I don't think they allow sharing.

I'm downloading Xcode now.

My system was installed with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.2. I'm running Kabyl's Chameleon r700.

Just post your dsdt and ioreg from IORegistryExplorer, I will take a look at them.

Your dsdt.aml is OK. Did you select rollback AppleHDA.kext?

Please try to install the latest AppleHDA.kext.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?df77jimx2dml30x

Is this AppleHDA.kext working for ALC889 only ?

I'm looking for ALC883 (for Asus M3A) or AD2000B (for Asus P6T WS Professional) which can be working in 10.6.6.

BTW I can confirm that Asus EAH5770 can NOT get HDMI audio working via its HDMI port and there is no Display port like MSI Hawk 5770.

Thanks again for your kind help to solve my MSI Hawk 5770's HDMI audio problem.