Apple Magic Mouse OSX86 - external bluetooth dongle

Dannydeman

453 posts in this topic

Great news Steve,

I'm ordering one.

Could you confirm one thing.

After installing the Apple mouse software update did you replace/change any kexts?

works with the default Apple install, no changes required.

If you haven't used MM before it may feel strange for a day or two but honestly after you wont want to use an

ordinary mouse again.!

regards

Steve

hi, i have the magic mouse too on my 10.6.1 install with the wireless mouse software update.

i use a belkin bt adapter

i can sleep, i can wake from sleep (by pressing the power button, as usual in SL) but after wake from sleep, the mouse doesn't work anymore.

the only way to get it to work is to unplug/replug the bt adapter. it's plugged in the front panel, but it's a bit annoying to do it all the time.

Does someone have a solution ?

as i buyed the bt adapter just for the mouse, i wouldn't like to buy another one now...

hi, i have the magic mouse too on my 10.6.1 install with the wireless mouse software update.

i use a belkin bt adapter

i can sleep, i can wake from sleep (by pressing the power button, as usual in SL) but after wake from sleep, the mouse doesn't work anymore.

the only way to get it to work is to unplug/replug the bt adapter. it's plugged in the front panel, but it's a bit annoying to do it all the time.

Does someone have a solution ?

as i buyed the bt adapter just for the mouse, i wouldn't like to buy another one now...

If you notice my posts you will see I had the same problem. I tried to fix it but couldn't

I bought a different dongle on ebay for about £5 which worked.

The Belkin dongle and the Trust are shown differently in SystemProfiler so I suspect firmware

as they seem to use the same chipset

For information, I just bought a Trust 15542-02 bluetooth USB and just connected on my professional thinkpad and XP found it as a broadcom 2046.... yooohoooo the one in IOBluetoothfamily kext !!!!! yeeeahh !!!!

I'll post when tested with my new MM, hope it won't do like the no-name bluetooth dongle i already have (making timeout, cannot connect but pairing.... ;) )

Keep you informed

EDIT :

OK connected with this Trust dongle full working now without modifying anything !!! youhou the Magic Mouse is really so Magic !!!

Hack Pro config :

CPU : Core2Duo E7400 2,8Ghz

Mobo : Gigabyte GA-EP31DS3L

Memory : 2x 1GB Corsair Value DDR2 800Mhz

HDD : 1 Windows 7 ultimate RC 320 GB Samsung

1 SL 10.6.2 (default boot) WD 320 GB retail install with "only" in EFI partiton UUID platform + sleep enabler (working without but no sleep) + fake smc (without --> infinite loop)

Graphics : Asus en9400GT in EFI String full OK !

1 DVD recorder

1 HDD Dock + SAMSUNG 160GB Sata 5400 t/min

1 Airport Extreme Router

1 Airport Express for Airtunes and Satellite connectivity to the Internet

1 Magic Mouse

1 External WD My Book 500GB on Airport Extreme in Time Capsule mode

1 HP C3180 all in one printer shared on Airport Extreme

All FULL Working !!!

I have my Trust bluetooth dongle now installed. Mouse works after waking from sleep.

Does your MM allow you to wake by clicking it or do you have to press the keyboard?

This is one of the last things I would like to get working

steve

Does your MM allow you to wake by clicking it or do you have to press the keyboard?

This is one of the last things I would like to get working

steve

In fact, I don't think that comes from bluetooth dongle if you can wake up or not, I think this come from the system it self.

I mean, if dongle is no more powered... no way that you're mouse can wake up something.

For me, I'm not sure, and don't find something in my BIOS that's allowing me to wake up with something than a wired keyboard or mouse... Only option is wakeup by mouse or keyboard... not bluetooth or something like this.

Anyway the option in mouse preferences is in grey and cannot be checked...

Sorry...

In fact, I don't think that comes from bluetooth dongle if you can wake up or not, I think this come from the system it self.

I mean, if dongle is no more powered... no way that you're mouse can wake up something.

For me, I'm not sure, and don't find something in my BIOS that's allowing me to wake up with something than a wired keyboard or mouse... Only option is wakeup by mouse or keyboard... not bluetooth or something like this.

Anyway the option in mouse preferences is in grey and cannot be checked...

Sorry...

I believe that mice etc in power saving mode (ie apparently sleeping) wake up briefly to poll the local BT device

on a periodic basis but that the local BT device (thing in your computer has to have some residual power), which

in turn depends on the power status of the USB port and BT software, or so I thought I remember reading :D

I did have this working originally with a Belkin dongle but that dongle had other problems that on waking the

mouse stopped working until I removed and reinserted it. After fiddling with the config I never managed to get

wake on BT back again :D

Then I moved to the Trust which works but just curious to see if I can get the wake on click feature back so that

I can choose between keyboard or mouse wake

I'm not sure if this is a feature of the computer or the BT dongle firmware though

Then I moved to the Trust which works but just curious to see if I can get the wake on click feature back so that

I can choose between keyboard or mouse wake

AHH too bad I thought this was woking for you with the trust dongle.

-Damn I am still waiting for this magic mouse...

AHH too bad I thought this was woking for you with the trust dongle.

-Damn I am still for this magic mouse...

Yes everything works sleeps then wakes with mouse working BUT to wake you must use either keyboard

or power to wake. The wake from BT is just that you can click the mouse to wake. But it seems this is

poorly supported even in windows 7. It's not a big thing, just a nice to have. Even real macs can have trouble

with this if you look in the support pages. The issue is that I'm right handed, if sitting in front of the screen I

use my left hand to hit a keyboard key rather than clicking the mouse with my right :(

Get the MM and Trust - I hate using ordinary mice now, may take you a couple of days to get used to as

it is a slightly different way of using a mouse, much lighter touch and probably better as you can rest

your arm and wrist flat on the desk when using it.

Yes everything works sleeps then wakes with mouse working BUT to wake you must use either keyboard

or power to wake. The wake from BT is just that you can click the mouse to wake. But it seems this is

poorly supported even in windows 7. It's not a big thing, just a nice to have. Even real macs can have trouble

with this if you look in the support pages. The issue is that I'm right handed, if sitting in front of the screen I

use my left hand to hit a keyboard key rather than clicking the mouse with my right :(

Get the MM and Trust - I hate using ordinary mice now, may take you a couple of days to get used to as

it is a slightly different way of using a mouse, much lighter touch and probably better as you can rest

your arm and wrist flat on the desk when using it.

Yep !!! I'm OK with that... waking up your computer with your keyboard or mouse does not matter... the important thing is to have this extraordinary Magic Mouse !!! Really the best mouse ever.

When I'm at work on my thinkpad, sometimes i'd like to sweep with 2 fingers on the mouse... :( don't work .....

So I use FF + mouse gesture... but still not a MM !!!

so, can you confirm that both the Mafic Mouse and BT Keyboard from Apple will both work with the Trust adaptor. I really like apple keyboards, so i think I might get that, if it works, and the mouse just looks amazing. So, if all is working, I'll get that. Should I update to 10.6.2 Retail first, or should it work in 10.5.6 iPC Leopard?

so, can you confirm that both the Mafic Mouse and BT Keyboard from Apple will both work with the Trust adaptor. I really like apple keyboards, so i think I might get that, if it works, and the mouse just looks amazing. So, if all is working, I'll get that. Should I update to 10.6.2 Retail first, or should it work in 10.5.6 iPC Leopard?

I have not tested with Apple keyboard, but logitech keyboard working fine ! So I hope that Apple keyboard is working well.

The dongle is really reactive and fully functionnal. I cannot confirm with a test, but I sure it will work ! ^_^