ATI HD framebuffer driver (10.5/10.6) with source code

dong

900 posts in this topic

Hi all,

So: I didn't have QE/CI at all, when i try to use the latest PC-EFI or Chameleon 2.0RC5-svn to inject my card, it is recognized as a 4500 Mobility, with 512 Mo VRAM BUT the display connector are empty, so there is no QE/CI, i have read well the windowserver.log file it use VirtualDisplays instead of AttachedDisplays. So no luck (yet) with QE/CI, i have just use VNC to check that the card was injected.

For the hardware cursor the problem was that i didn't have repaired fully the kexts after modifying the Info.plist file, as Dong as stated previously we need to do a full repair/clean after editing for the modifications to the settings to be taken into account. After having doing so there is no more glitch with the mouse cursor. And i'm really happy because i can now enjoy full hd for doing developement with Eclipse on my quad core laptop! :-)

I'm still looking on how to inject properly my video card so it has QE/CI but i'm already really happy to have FullHD working, it's enough to code and it is my purpose (i have buy the Dell to be able to pay an iPad, develop for it and buy a new MacBook Pro :-) ).

Edit: It works only in 32 bits. I have tried to coompile in 64 bit but i didn't work (for me) right now, i try to patch this and will report the results if any. BTW, if someone would like to point me to (or open) a topic on the Dell Studio i would be glad to participate.

Thanks again Dong you have done a great job!

Best regards to all,

... Since my laptop has a x1400, I'd say every version I released should work for this card.
Dong,

I'm so impressed with your work. I too have a Lenovo T60 with x1400; mine is a 8743-B6U with iDeneb v1.6 / OSX 10.5.8. Thanks to your work I now have native 1680x1050 resolution working, with options from 640x480 to 1920x1200.

I don't have QE/CI working as yet, but it sounds like you had success with this on yours. I'm running the RadeonHD.kext.noBios10.5.zip file posted on 10/12. I've tried pairing it with my original ATIRadeonX1000.kext, one modified 0x71461002 -> 0x71451002, and by removing it from S/L/E, but no luck getting QE/CI. Should I try reloading the OS from scratch to be sure all is vanilla, or is there something I may be missing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Mark

I have a sony FW with the 3470 card, seeing as full screen res works will it be possible to get QE/CI working or is it impossible.

Is this project advancing and continuing?

I am a complete noob to mac and driver creation but from what I understand this driver is a framebuffer, the only real problem with most HD cards is the framebuffer, if you manage to get this working correctly is there a chance for drivers to be created? Please forgive my lack of knowledge :)

@Mark you need to rerun kexthelper or whatever your using to make sure you have renewed your system cache and your extensions ...

Thanks for your suggestion SoOlDiEr. I had used OSX86Tools previously for installing the kext files. I tried it again with kexthelper but saw no change. Any additional thoughts as to what might be preventing CI/QE? It is so close to perfect. Illustrated below is the kexthelper selections specified with the resulting display settings.

...Mark

myabout.png

Dong, your kext is very good, nice work

one question though: I have this very odd looking cursor after applying the kext via OSX86Tools (looks like a pixelated box). tried setting enableHWcursor=false, didn't work. renewed caches, didn't work. repaired permissions (quite a few times), didn't work. tried everything (except making the cursor bigger, but then it looks ugly), and the cursor still looks weird. maybe it's the OCD in me, but i just don't like it :(

running a sony vaio FW w/ mobility 4650, no QE, but i have CI.

any advice?

thanks

Thanks for your suggestion SoOlDiEr. I had used OSX86Tools previously for installing the kext files. I tried it again with kexthelper but saw no change. Any additional thoughts as to what might be preventing CI/QE? It is so close to perfect. Illustrated below is the kexthelper selections specified with the resulting display settings.

...Mark

Make sure you have these installed too:

ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

Hi,

I installed iportable (snow leopard 10.6.2) on my Dell studio 1557. After some trials i got native screen resolution using raedonhd kext. Now my video card, ati mobility radeon 4570, it's well recognized as Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series in system profiler, but there are some problems:

in system profiler the video card its recognized with 256mb vram memory, but when i try to install final cut studio 3, the installer says I have 0 mb vram (really the video cards has 512mb), it also says I have no quartz extreme. I tried to disability system requirement checker, but final cut crashes soon after during opening.

What can I do?

Please help me, I need final cut *_*

Thank you!!!

armandrillo@libero.it

Make sure you have these installed too:

ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

I appreciate the suggestions from both 0xdeadbeef and madchicken. It appeared my problem was the existence of an external monitor and\or power settings. I had the T60 on a docking station with Bios set to use the internal LCD panel only, but appearently this was not enough. The file you suggested checking for where all present ( without a ATISupport or ATIFramebuffer kext ). All is working much better now. Occasionally the backlight wont come on, however I've found that removing it from the power cord and on to battery corrects this, and then allows it to go back on to power without any issue. Below is what I see now. Thanks for everyones help and to Dong for his most excellent work.

8743b6u.png

AP///////wAAABcHAAAAAAoKAQEMHhe+6C3JoFdHmCcSSEwAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAAAA/

gBTUlhGYWtlRURJRAogAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEB

AQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAFo=

paste it to info.plist in RadeonHD.kext

DONE

When I try to paste this into info.plist I get a "Entry not valid Error".

Dong, your kext is very good, nice work

one question though: I have this very odd looking cursor after applying the kext via OSX86Tools (looks like a pixelated box). tried setting enableHWcursor=false, didn't work. renewed caches, didn't work. repaired permissions (quite a few times), didn't work. tried everything (except making the cursor bigger, but then it looks ugly), and the cursor still looks weird. maybe it's the OCD in me, but i just don't like it :)

running a sony vaio FW w/ mobility 4650, no QE, but i have CI.

any advice?

thanks

bump

sry, but does anyone have a solution to this? im feeling very aggravated because of the mouse :unsure:

any advice, anyone?

AP///////wAAABcHAAAAAAoKAQEMHhe+6C3JoFdHmCcSSEwAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAAAA/

gBTUlhGYWtlRURJRAogAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEB

AQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAFo=

paste it to info.plist in RadeonHD.kext

DONE

When I try to paste this into info.plist I get a "Entry not valid Error".

you need your own edid extract. i was write it like step by step how to get your own in my example.

I tried it 2 weeks to get it to work.

You can try my kextpack from Snowleopard Server.

With this kextfile i have fully working x1400 graphic acceleration.

Dong,

I'm so impressed with your work. I too have a Lenovo T60 with x1400; mine is a 8743-B6U with iDeneb v1.6 / OSX 10.5.8. Thanks to your work I now have native 1680x1050 resolution working, with options from 640x480 to 1920x1200.

I don't have QE/CI working as yet, but it sounds like you had success with this on yours. I'm running the RadeonHD.kext.noBios10.5.zip file posted on 10/12. I've tried pairing it with my original ATIRadeonX1000.kext, one modified 0x71461002 -> 0x71451002, and by removing it from S/L/E, but no luck getting QE/CI. Should I try reloading the OS from scratch to be sure all is vanilla, or is there something I may be missing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Mark

Just thought I would chime in and say that this worked for a x1250 with minimal effort, in a Toshiba Satellite p305s8818 10.5.8 iDeneb. Though the problem with the cursor being fuxed is persistent.

i'm already really happy to have FullHD working

hi

im quite new to this hackos stuffs

ive got a dell studio 1557 laptop and a radeon mobility 4570 within

ive just installed iDeneb 1.6 lite (mac os x 1.5.8 i guess) using Kernel 9.8 Qoopz and "cpus=4 busratio=20" flags

i've remove ATI* from /Volumes/Mac OS X/System/Library/Extensions/

and tryied to install radeonhd.kext using both kext helper b7 and kext utility

bu radeonhd still doesnt appear in my extension list (file seems ok in /Volumes/Mac OS X/System/Library/Extensions/)

any idea ? i guess i may need kinda step by step tuto

anyway thanks for this great work !