GA-EP45-UD3P / Core 2 Quad / 9800gtx Experience  

406 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Booting SL

• Stable - No Problems
    • Stable - Minor Issues
    • Unstable - Kernel Panics
    • Not Booting

2,371 posts in this topic

ACPIMonitor, IntelCPUMonitor, NVClockX & SuperIOFamily are all used for hardware monitoring (Along with FakeSMC), I use K-stat-i for that as it's free and unobtrusive.

I always try and use the latest files and AFAIK these are...

ACPIMonitor, IntelCPUMonitor, NVClockX & SuperIOFamily are all used for hardware monitoring (Along with FakeSMC), I use K-stat-i for that as it's free and unobtrusive.

I always try and use the latest files and AFAIK these are...

Thanks again for the help. What about the RealtekRTL81xx, is that one being used for our Mobo enabled LAN? I never used a kext for the TrendNet PCI card in Snow Leopard, but now that's gone.

• 2 weeks later...
Going to give a OCZ Solid 3 SLD3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC a try. <$100. 60 Gig ought to be big enough. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

I dropped he drive in and SL saw it right away. I used CCC to copy over everything but the users folder. Then I just copied the Library folder from the user folder so I would have my email etc.

I'm running Cartri bios. If I try to boot off of the OCZ solid drive by hitting F12 and selecting the new drive it hangs at the verify DMI pool. It will boot if I select the original drive after hitting F12 and then letting it get the Chamelon loader upon which I can select the OCZ and get it to boot. So CCC doesn't include the Chamelon loader when it clones the drive. Anyone know how to get the Chamelon boot loader on to the new drive?

I downloaded and installed Chamelon RC5 bootloader onto the new OCZ SSD and now I can boot of of it. Unfortunately, it boots onto a 1024x768 desktop with now way to change it in system preferences RC5 is missing the Cartri bios setting or something. I wish I knew how to get the RC4 bootloader from my orginal 10.6.8 drive onto the new SSD.

I'm wondering if a Startech drive dupicator might be the way to go?

I'm wondering if a Startech drive dupicator might be the way to go?

The good news was that the Startech drive duplicator http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NNX6GA arrived in 2 business days. The bad news was that it was lights out dead. Another one is on the way.

The reason I'm trying this is because CarbonCopyCloner does not duplicate the part of my master hdd that contains the RC4 boot loader so that the Cartri bios will load on any of my cloned drives. That means that if anything happens to this drive I'm SOL.

It seems like I'm blogging to myself here so if anyone still a Cartri system and hasn't moved on to Lion please sign in. :blink:

Running version 10.6.7 on cartri bios. Not planning on any upgrades.

I am planning on staying put till I get a new machine in a few years.

Good! Glad I'm not the only one staying with a SL Cartri bios machine.

On another note. I received the new Startech SATDUPE drive duplicator. There was probably nothing wrong with the other one. Turns out there was a micro on/off button that I missed. The manual says that it's on the power brick but it was on the drive connector and the power adapter was putting out 12 volts so I figured it was dead. That and bad eyesight. The target drive can not be smaller for a sector by sector duplication. I used it to make an exact clone of the WD 640 that had the boot loader on it onto another WD 640.

Then I finally figured out the RC4 boot loader installer is in the Cartri bios folder and it made the OCZ-60 Gig solid drive bootable after I used CCC to copy over the system files.

Only problem I'm having now is that my desktop doesn't come up on booting till I hit the power button to sleep the computer and again to waken it. Also, the boot is slow even off of the SSD. Any ideas what's going on with the boot up?

• 3 weeks later...

Who's done it? I've tried the running the combo update on my 10.7.1 disk from a cloned disk, then ran [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 4.02 with the Rollback for Audio, and system utilities. Getting KP's on boot!

Hmmm... I wonder if I forgot to delete sleepenabler.kext?? BRB....

Yes, thats the one.

Some of the files have been updated since that, should you need them I can post as required.

Dan,

Have you updated to 10.7.2 yet?

Update works - but cannot access iCloud and App Store. Tried the various fixes at tonymac: deleting networkpref.plist, etc. but no luck. I am using the onboard LANs and 10.7.2 just does not recognize this as onboard LAN.

L/Pref/SystemConfiguration/Networkinterfaces.plist shows :

<string>en0</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

I believe that this should show "true" and then iCloud and App Store will work - but I just cannot get it to work.

Tried using Chimera, Chameleon 2RC5- no luck.

Any ideas?

Yes, running 10.7.2

For iCloud I currently use the latest Chimera build (1.5.4), Chameleon v2.1 r1496 also works.

Are you using the new LAN driver by Lnx2Mac (RealtekRTL81xx.kext (0.0.90))?

Hey - No I am not - try right now!

What method/files are you using on the hack?

Okay - I got it to work.

Updated to the new Lynx2mac Ethernet driver, then added the following to the boot.plist:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>1</string>

I previously believed that the PCIRootUID flag might break the Graphics Enabler, but it doesn't.

Cheers!

Here's my file...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920×1200x32@60</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableC2State</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableC4State</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</plist>

1760680[/url]']

Here's my file...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
 <plist version="1.0">
 <dict>
  <key>Graphics Mode</key>
  <string>1920×1200x32@60</string>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>EnableC2State</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>EnableC4State</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>Kernel</key>
  <key>UseKernelCache</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>Kernel Flags</key>
  <string>darkwake=0</string>
  <key>Timeout</key>
  <string>1</string>
  <key>Quiet Boot</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
 </plist>

Very similar to mine except I don't use darkwake and Quiet Boot kernel flags. I will post mine later today.

Here is my boot.plist:

<string>Yes</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EnableC2State</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EnableC4State</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>1</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

Okay - I got it to work.

Updated to the new Lynx2mac Ethernet driver, then added the following to the boot.plist:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>1</string>

I previously believed that the PCIRootUID flag might break the Graphics Enabler, but it doesn't.

Cheers!

Hey mate, could you post your smbios and what kexts you use?

I have almost the same configuration, except my VGA is GTS250. iCloud is not working for me.

I put together a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3/2500K system and tried using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to install SL. Not so easy. All kind of KP's and grey screens telling me to hold down the power key. Not sure if it's the display port on the GT430 VC or what.

All I know this system was a whole lot easier to get running. Looks like I'll be staying with this build for quite a bit longer. Also, this forum is a lot friendlier. I got my posts deleted at Tony Mac just for mentioning Kakewalk.

Anybody else having trouble reading this forum using Chrome? I could only see page 1 with win7 box using Chrome.