[AMD] Installing Snow Leopard 10A432 on AMD System

arya

182 posts in this topic

i got it from modbin... i have try to use it to boot installer using this boot file and is work... i m gonna try to make clean install without using my my leopard...... :unsure:

i dont know what boot is that.. but its work for me...

Good luck! if you want any help let me know

I've got a question; Why do you say that this is for non-vanilla users(AMD)? I'm on AMD and I use a Vanilla Kernel for 10.5.5. The only things that dont work are iPhoto and iTunes.

have you try the latest vanilla kernel like 9.8.0 Darwin kernel??

i say it because, my AMD CPU will not work with vanilla kernel, including the legacy kernel like mach_kernel.432amd from modbin.. you can try it if you can boot with vanilla kernel on snow leopard? :(

some intel cpu also cant work with vanilla kernel. vanilla kernel need intel core cpu.

Hello. I am finally done the steps. The only prob is that OS X SL wont boot. This is what I get.

dsc00154xna.jpg

There is a thing though. I didn't install OS X from OSInstall.mpkg since I was installing it on a MBR partition and I had problems moving files so I installed all the packages individually. I am sure I have not missed any. What is the problem. I followed all the steps(except this one) correctly.

Before I ask any questions, first I'll state the specifications of my computer:

Computer: HP Pavillion a6110n

Motherboard: Asus M2N68-LA

Processor: 2.3 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

Chipset: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Memory: 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

OS: Dual-booting Windows 7 (x64) and Leopard 10.5.7 (iATKOS v7)

I did everything according to this guide and I keep getting the following kernel panic when I try to boot into Snow Leopard:

2libx53.jpg

I'm using the test7 kernel from the guide. I also tried using the 432amd kernel and get the exact same kernel panic. I was hoping one of you guys could give some insight. Thanks.

This is exactly the problem I have.

Yes I am sure.

I even placed the boot.rar archive in the root of my Snow partition and extracted it to make sure it was the right one and I got the same prob.

When I use the original mach_kernel, I dont get a kernel panic but after loading the extensions, nothing boots. Anyone has the original boot? I accidently deleted it and I'd like to try it out.

Yes I am sure.

I even placed the boot.rar archive in the root of my Snow partition and extracted it to make sure it was the right one and I got the same prob.

When I use the original mach_kernel, I dont get a kernel panic but after loading the extensions, nothing boots. Anyone has the original boot? I accidently deleted it and I'd like to try it out.

Vannila kernel just make looping after boot loader loading some extension... it will not work with AMD proc

strange.. thats KP os a boot loader KP.. make sure u are booting from snow partition... have u try not replacing the boot file? just reinstall chameleon pkg again..

you cant boot from other partition.. it will use boot file from that partition

Used this guide to insall SL on seperate SATA drive. have windows 7 and leopard 10.5.8 running on the other SATA drive.

upon reboot I don't have the option to choose SL, it's still using my default bootloader, in fact i am so confused now not sure what its loading. I have easy bcd on windows 7 so it is loading that, does that have anything to do with it?

Do i install chameleon on my leopard partition to? I should have chameleon loading at startup so i can select whatever os but its not doing that. I installed chameleon on SL as per the guide but am confused if i should install on leopard as well.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance and appreciate this guide.

I fixed the internet issue. What I did was dissable the ethernet pci card and installed this kext with Kext Utility.

Here's the Link to the kext http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125569

Again I am using an nforce4 mobo. Nearly every issue i had with snow leopard has been resolved. The only remaining problem is that my mouse is acting a little weird. i resolved this in leopard by installing logitech control center, but it isn't compatible with snow leopard. Also when i scroll down on internet pages it seems a little jerky.

Also When I installed the nForceLan.kext placing it in the extra folder didn't work. IT HAD TO BE INSTALLED VIA KEXT UTILITY.

I was hoping to see that someone had gotten an AMD system booting with 8GB or more of ram but no cigar. Judging from the 10.5.7 HCL list -

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.7#Asus M3N78-EM

others in addition to myself cannot get 8GB of ram booting on AMD motherboards under leopard 10.5 because of a 64 bit issue. It almost boots but hangs just before the final display of the desktop. 6GB boots but many installs will fail such as the iDeneb 10.5.7 upgrade and Final Cut Studio 2. Hopefully Snow Leopard will allow AMD users to break the 4GB barrier.

Now I use the maxmem=4096 flag on my 8GB dual boot system so I can boot into 4GB with OS X and 8GB with Vista 64.

I have an amd64 6000+ running on a sb600 motherboard from a gigabyte GA-M69. I have 8Gb of ram and I think that the kalyway 10.5.2 reserves all of my memory. Whenever I use vmware fusion I can reserve as far as 6 gb for virtual machines and still I can have and decent running leopard. The same thing happened after installing leo4all 10.5.4 and upgrading to 10.5.8. It is strange though that chess witch is a 64bit application says that it is running in 32bit mode. The info though says that I have 8gb of ram.

I have been making progress getting SL on my AMD computer but it still won't boot. I have an ECS 770M-A mobo with a Phenom 9550 Quadcore. It uses the NForce chipset and I have an nvidia 9800 GT (1024 mb) graphics card. I currently do not have Applenforceata.kext installed but it has not made a difference when I have installed it. I think my boot hangs before that kext is loaded. Here's what I get when I boot up:

P9030028-1.jpg

I have SL on a partition on a drive where it is the only OS on that drive. I have Win 7 and Leopard 10.5.6 on a different drive. When I boot up, I select the drive that SL is on, and it's bootloader is slightly different from the bootloader for 10.5.6, so I know I'm booting using the SL bootloader.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey,

I followed the instruction but now, after the installation, I'm stuck right here:

img_03735p9e.jpg

Dont know what to do know

I installed it on a 80gb IDE HDD, AMD 4200+ X2 and a KN9 Sli Motherboard.

I also installed a Applenforceata.kext

Maybe you can help me

thank you

I get the same prob. when reinstalling chameleon.

I got a kernel panic in my efforts to install SL for two reasons: 1. I had the wrong version of SL; and 2. I did not use the modified boot file in the root of my SL installation to boot up SL. Try ruling these problems out.

Ayra Great Job!

I have this problem, when i finished all steps i boot from snow partition but the sistem shutdown...

I think this is a dsdt problem, and infact i don't have a dsdt because dsdt patcher give me almost 200 error when i compiling it on my Leopard 10.5.8 (fully working) and if I apply on snow give me kp.

It's a way to find a dsdt compatible with my M3A-H/HDMI motherboard witch is based on AMD 780g /sb700 ??? I want specify that I'm not using any dsdt on my Ideneb 10.5.8 Leopard and it work fine.

Thanks in advance!