GA-G31M-S2L

33 posts in this topic

glad that it worked for you. for sound try voodoo 32/64 for starters but do note that it has a problem after waking from sleep.

i will post the guide here and edit it a few after the official launch of snow, for now let it be a beta guide :thumbsup_anim:

to sk1nhd33t

Thank you very much.

For all your instructions to work.

Even nvidia 9800 GTX + itself earned.

There is only sound, but this is detail. =)

PS. Sorry for my bad English =)

I am also running this board as a second system. Try the attached zip file. Replace your dsdt.dsl in /Extra with the one in the zip file and put the ALC662.kext in /Extra/Extensions. Rebuild the Extensions.mkext in /Extra (if your using Chameleon 2).

ALC662.zip

@sk1nhd33t: I followed your tut many times, but I can't get Snow to install on my PC as it kernel panics on the 1st minute of the installation process. If you could help, thanks in advance!

hi the guide is a bit old since i made that as soon as the GM? was released (snow post wasnt allowed here at that time), i tried redoing every step again just today from scratch on my machine but i never had a problem like yours, check your uuid's maybe you forgot something or create your own dsdt.. you can also try mix matching by removing uuid's on boot.plist, boot in 32/64 or try this new installer i made with just 2 kext from extensions :).. again either of the 2 method boots without problems on mine..

post-345318-1251368627_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening.

There was a problem with sound on GA-31M-S2L

Installed AppleHDA.kext

After install this kekst sound saw in the "About this computer" .. with all the exits and so on.

But .. in the System Preferences (Sound) .. sound is not displayed .. and therefore does not play music.

Are there any thoughts on this? In what could be the problem?

Thank you.

PS. Excuse for my bad English =)

Good day.

Few questions on installing OSX 10.6 on GA-G31M-S2L

Could you help me with installing the Snow Leopard on this motherboard.

All my attempts end with kernel panic.

Used boot132 and usb hard.

Any idea?

I saw a successfully installed 10.6 on this mobo thread about two weeks ago. do a search you will find it. Good luck.

Hi

installed with the same method.....and one strange thing....

screen with "you have to shut down......"

sometimes after 1 minute sometimes after 1,5H....don't know why...x32...x64 no matter

do you have stable SL on this mobo...

use pendrive with chameleon rc1 + efi10.2...fakesmc,, openhalt....

run kextutility with s/l/e......removed disks from spootlight...and still random KPs

any ideas???

thanks for any help

I am also running this board as a second system. Try the attached zip file. Replace your dsdt.dsl in /Extra with the one in the zip file and put the ALC662.kext in /Extra/Extensions. Rebuild the Extensions.mkext in /Extra (if your using Chameleon 2).

ALC662.zip

thanks man

don't know where did you find this kext but works great

thank you

Thanks for the kext and the dsdt file! I'll test it as soon as i get home, but since i have the exact same board this shouldn't be a problem.

Does this dsdt also fix the ethernet part? It used to work in 10.5.2 but anywhere after some apple updates it stopped working. If this doesn't fix ethernet, what will :(?

Hi Guys,

I also have the GA-G31m and all is working well except the audio.

I am unsure how to rebuild the Extensions.mkext in extra ???

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards, Penno

p.s. when I replace the dsdt.dsl in /Extra, my system no longer boots and requests poweroff etc.

I also don't know how to rebuild the extensions.mkext in extra

after replacing the files from the above zip file, I now have a sound icon, but no sound (could be in the wrong jack) and still no ethernet.

any help is greatly appreciated, as this is the last steps to a perfect 10.6 install on a G31m-S2L

EDIT: got network going by installing a D-Link DFE-538TX. Still no audio tho, tried all 3 jacks.

I have the same board (the g31m-S2L) and have followed the same procedure for installing. However, I am having network issues. Is your networking all right? And what version of the bios are you using? (I have a suspicion that a newer bios version may fix the network problem I have, since I have the F2 version and it seems to be a very low level problem.)

I just wanna throw out there that the dsdt.aml included in the zip file in post 10 also contains Firewire and presumably something to help with my network problem as well. (It still goes wonky in 64 bit kernel mode, but who needs that? Apps still run in 64 so I don't see the need!) Thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have sound working in 64 bit mode? I have tried voodooHDA 64 bit and I get a sound icon, but no sound is actually played. I have tried the Gigabyte ALC662 kexts in and the ones mentioned in post 10 both in 32 and 64 bit mode. (The DSDT in post 10 simply causes my GA-G31M-S2L to kernel panic on boot). I see a lot of people having both success and failures trying to get sound on this board in snow leopard, anyone have any suggestions?

Does anyone have sound working in 64 bit mode? I have tried voodooHDA 64 bit and I get a sound icon, but no sound is actually played. I have tried the Gigabyte ALC662 kexts in and the ones mentioned in post 10 both in 32 and 64 bit mode. (The DSDT in post 10 simply causes my GA-G31M-S2L to kernel panic on boot). I see a lot of people having both success and failures trying to get sound on this board in snow leopard, anyone have any suggestions?

The kext works great, however I cannot mute, anyone know how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...