Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
Swad

Who supplies MB RAM?

11 posts in this topic

Hey, for those with an MB or MBP - who is the supplier of the RAM? Crucial? Kingston? None of these? :)

Thanks.

according to the link with the images of the MB you posted earlier...

Hynix is the supplier of the RAM.

170403.jpg

and here is a link to their page: HERE

Lol - I should have seen that. My bad.

Thanks!

I was just pricing out RAM prices for the MB... crucial was around 100 bucks cheaper to upgrade to 2 gig.

One more thing... I strongly recommend that people test their RAM upon receipt. "Rember" is good for this in OS X:

http://www.kelleycomputing.net:16080/rember/

I actually got some bad RAM once, but did not realize that it was the cause of some infrequent crashs and other seemingly innocuous errors for months. I did not really have a serious problem until I was unable to download a large torrent without corruption. It took me a couple days to track down the source of the problem.

There is really no reason to go with brand name RAM. Generic is fine if it is Mac-compatible and it comes with a warrenty of at least say three years or so.

This is a good site to check Mac RAM prices:

http://dealnews.com/memory/

These guys usually have good deals on Mac RAM and a lifetime warrenty:

http://18004memory.com/

Generic is ok, until you have to replace it seven times to find one set your Mac seems to like.

Generic is ok, until you have to replace it seven times to find one set your Mac seems to like.

You were not getting Mac-compatible RAM. There is a difference, Apple has a tighter set of specifications. Generic RAM must be designated Mac-compatible or it might not work.

You were not getting Mac-compatible RAM. There is a difference, Apple has a tighter set of specifications. Generic RAM must be designated Mac-compatible or it might not work.

Or you just got some crappy ram because generic is just that... generic...

I've found apples timings, are usually pretty lax compared to many PC vendors.

Get the crucial. or kingston.

a 3 year warranty on generic ram is worthless if the company isnt around next month.

Crucial has a lifetime warranty, and excellent support. and a guarantee your ram will work. If not, they fix it, and fast. :(