[Guide] Using DSDT with the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

blackosx

576 posts in this topic

Tks for the pointer.

However running the setpci -s 0:1f.0 0xa6.b command returned 00 with

Package (0x4){ResourceTemplate (){Register (FFixedHW,0x01,0x02,0x000,0x0,)},One,One,0x3E8},

Package (0x4){ResourceTemplate (){Register (FFixedHW,0x01,0x02,0x010,0x1,)},0x2,One,0x1F4},

Package (0x4){ResourceTemplate (){Register (FFixedHW,0x01,0x02,0x030,0x3,)},0x4,0x39,0x064} or Package (0x04) {ResourceTemplate (){Register (FFixedHW,0x01,0x02,0x030,0x3,)},0x4,0x96,0x064}

So my C4 state is not working.

My knowledge doesn't go that far on this subject and I have only followed the posts in the link I posted above. If you can't find out the answer from there then maybe you can submit a post to that thread? as you might bet a faster response there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi blackosx,

I saw something interesting related to dsdt.aml for Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L at InfiniteMac (http://www.infinitemac.com/f19/announcement-gigabyte-ep45-ud3l-mac-bios-t5540/).

"This project consists on a hacked gigabyte bios file (based on the latest F9 bios for this board) wich you can flash to your motherboard (ONLY) trough Clean Q-Flash (without entering Bios Setup before Q-Flash), and, once booted, have a normal functional computer for any OS, and the possibility to boot under Mac OS X with enhanced features normally achieved trough the use of a DSDT.aml file.

The Final idea is having a bios that boots OSX (we will still need a bootloader for now but i pretend to implement that into bios in future releases) without the need of any DSDT.aml stored on your disk."

I thought you might be interested.

Take a look and give us your take on it.

TQ and have a nice day.

Hello Blackosx...

Im using yours dsdt.aml... thats work on my Motherboard

the problem is on my graphics, my VGA card is Nvidia 9400GT 1 GB but the resolution is 1024x768

if i change to 1280x1024 my screen is black.. and cannot log in to box...

should i change dsdt, help me to do this or you can refer me link

this the system profiler if im using res 1024x768

GeForce 9400 GT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 9400 GT

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0641

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal

Displays:

Display Connector:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

The DSDT I use here (based on mm67's) is confirmed as working on the GA-EP45-DS3L, GA-EP43-DS3L and the GA-EP45-UD3L. So although the EP45-UD3LR looks very similar it might have slight differences in it's original DSDT which would be up to you to look for.

But for your video card, I take it you are using the GraphicsEnabler boot option in you com.apple.Boot.plist? and from the data you have supplied it looks like the card is recognised okay, so have you tried connecting the display via the DVI out? If you can't suss it then the easiest option I can suggest is you find someone else who is using the same card and check settings.

The DSDT I use here (based on mm67's) is confirmed as working on the GA-EP45-DS3L, GA-EP43-DS3L and the GA-EP45-UD3L. So although the EP45-UD3LR looks very similar it might have slight differences in it's original DSDT which would be up to you to look for.

But for your video card, I take it you are using the GraphicsEnabler boot option in you com.apple.Boot.plist? and from the data you have supplied it looks like the card is recognised okay, so have you tried connecting the display via the DVI out? If you can't suss it then the easiest option I can suggest is you find someone else who is using the same card and check settings.

I have been searching through these post, and there are a lot, but I was trying to find any post on the mic working with alc888b and i think your guys board uses the same. has anyone fixed this and if so may i please get the link to that thread.

Hey Thats work perfect .... after im edit my dsdt and change the connector to DVI..

all work perfect... thanks blackosx

heres my dsdt DSDT.aml.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious, how do you add comments inside the DSDT file if you wish to track the changes you are making to the file.

Hi bigpoppa206

You can add comments by using the double forward-slash:

// General Purpose Events

and you can comment out code by enclosing it in:

/* code goes here */

• 1 month later...

hi ,

wondering if there is a way to edit boot file

its looking for dsdt.aml and i am using cartis bios

so like he said i deleted the dsdt.aml file

but still get a message just before apple boot screen "couldnt find dsdt.aml"

then system works fine

but message is anoying any way to get rid of it ?

thanks a lot

blackosx you are my hero ^_^

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. I have read a lot of forums in all different places but im stuck. I have 31 warnings when compiling and. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could look at my code or even point me in the right direction. Attached is my dsdt.aml, dsdt.dsl, and dsdt.hex I used the DSDT Patcher and the debug.log is as follows:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
AML Disassembler version 20080926 [Oct  4 2008]
Copyright © 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e -- report Bugs to superfassl@gmail.com
enclose "DSDT Patcher/Debug/USER.tar"

Press any key to continue...

Getting the DSDT through ioreg...

Decompiling the DSDT...

Done, now start the Patching!

Patching RTC...

RTC Device found :                 Device (RTC)
Found IRQ in RTC Device, removing it
                       IRQNoFlags ()
RTC patched

Patching HPET...

HPET Device found :                 Device (HPET)
IRQ's written to HPET
HPET patched
Fixing various Issues...

Found an issue
Found                                       Name (_T_0, Zero)
Fixed                                       Name (T0_0, Zero)

Found an issue
Found                                       Store (LCDD, _T_0)
Fixed                                       Store (LCDD, T0_0)

Found an issue
Found                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x20ECAF06))
Fixed                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x20ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x21ECAF06))
Fixed                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x21ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x22ECAF06))
Fixed                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x22ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x1571AF0D))
Fixed                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x1571AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x1680AF0D))
Fixed                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x1680AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x01DFE430))
Fixed                                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x01DFE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x01E0E430))
Fixed                                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x01E0E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x021BE430))
Fixed                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x021BE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x0222E430))
Fixed                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x0222E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3151A34C))
Fixed                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3151A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3251A34C))
Fixed                                                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3251A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3651A34C))
Fixed                                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3651A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                       Name (_T_1, Zero)
Fixed                                       Name (T0_1, Zero)

Found an issue
Found                                       Store (LCDD, _T_1)
Fixed                                       Store (LCDD, T0_1)

Found an issue
Found                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x20ECAF06))
Fixed                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x20ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x21ECAF06))
Fixed                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x21ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x22ECAF06))
Fixed                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x22ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x1571AF0D))
Fixed                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x1571AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x1680AF0D))
Fixed                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x1680AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x01DFE430))
Fixed                                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x01DFE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x01E0E430))
Fixed                                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x01E0E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x021BE430))
Fixed                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x021BE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x0222E430))
Fixed                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x0222E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3151A34C))
Fixed                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3151A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3251A34C))
Fixed                                                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3251A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3651A34C))
Fixed                                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3651A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                           Name (_T_0, Zero)
Fixed                                           Name (T0_0, Zero)

Found an issue
Found                                           Store (LCDD, _T_0)
Fixed                                           Store (LCDD, T0_0)

Found an issue
Found                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x20ECAF06))
Fixed                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x20ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x21ECAF06))
Fixed                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x21ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x22ECAF06))
Fixed                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x22ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x1571AF0D))
Fixed                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x1571AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x1680AF0D))
Fixed                                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x1680AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x01DFE430))
Fixed                                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x01DFE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x01E0E430))
Fixed                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x01E0E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x021BE430))
Fixed                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x021BE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x0222E430))
Fixed                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x0222E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3151A34C))
Fixed                                                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3151A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3251A34C))
Fixed                                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3251A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3651A34C))
Fixed                                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3651A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                           Name (_T_1, Zero)
Fixed                                           Name (T0_1, Zero)

Found an issue
Found                                           Store (LCDD, _T_1)
Fixed                                           Store (LCDD, T0_1)

Found an issue
Found                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x20ECAF06))
Fixed                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x20ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x21ECAF06))
Fixed                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x21ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x22ECAF06))
Fixed                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x22ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x1571AF0D))
Fixed                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x1571AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x1680AF0D))
Fixed                                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x1680AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x01DFE430))
Fixed                                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x01DFE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x01E0E430))
Fixed                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x01E0E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x021BE430))
Fixed                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x021BE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x0222E430))
Fixed                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x0222E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3151A34C))
Fixed                                                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3151A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3251A34C))
Fixed                                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3251A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3651A34C))
Fixed                                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3651A34C))

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue
Found                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x21ECAF06))
Fixed                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x21ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x22ECAF06))
Fixed                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x22ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x1571AF0D))
Fixed                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x1571AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x1680AF0D))
Fixed                                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x1680AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x01DFE430))
Fixed                                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x01DFE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x01E0E430))
Fixed                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x01E0E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x021BE430))
Fixed                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x021BE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x0222E430))
Fixed                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x0222E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3151A34C))
Fixed                                                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3151A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3251A34C))
Fixed                                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3251A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3651A34C))
Fixed                                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3651A34C))

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue
Found                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x21ECAF06))
Fixed                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x21ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x22ECAF06))
Fixed                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x22ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x1571AF0D))
Fixed                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x1571AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x1680AF0D))
Fixed                                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x1680AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x01DFE430))
Fixed                                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x01DFE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x01E0E430))
Fixed                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x01E0E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x021BE430))
Fixed                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x021BE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x0222E430))
Fixed                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x0222E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3151A34C))
Fixed                                                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3151A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3251A34C))
Fixed                                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3251A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3651A34C))
Fixed                                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3651A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                               Name (_T_0, Zero)
Fixed                                               Name (T0_0, Zero)

Found an issue
Found                                               Store (LCDD, _T_0)
Fixed                                               Store (LCDD, T0_0)

Found an issue
Found                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x20ECAF06))
Fixed                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x20ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x21ECAF06))
Fixed                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x21ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x22ECAF06))
Fixed                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x22ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x1571AF0D))
Fixed                                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x1571AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x1680AF0D))
Fixed                                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x1680AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x01DFE430))
Fixed                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x01DFE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x01E0E430))
Fixed                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x01E0E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x021BE430))
Fixed                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x021BE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x0222E430))
Fixed                                                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x0222E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3151A34C))
Fixed                                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3151A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3251A34C))
Fixed                                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3251A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3651A34C))
Fixed                                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3651A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                               Name (_T_1, Zero)
Fixed                                               Name (T0_1, Zero)

Found an issue
Found                                               Store (LCDD, _T_1)
Fixed                                               Store (LCDD, T0_1)

Found an issue
Found                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x20ECAF06))
Fixed                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x20ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x21ECAF06))
Fixed                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x21ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x22ECAF06))
Fixed                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x22ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x1571AF0D))
Fixed                                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x1571AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x1680AF0D))
Fixed                                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x1680AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x01DFE430))
Fixed                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x01DFE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x01E0E430))
Fixed                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x01E0E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x021BE430))
Fixed                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x021BE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x0222E430))
Fixed                                                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x0222E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3151A34C))
Fixed                                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3151A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3251A34C))
Fixed                                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3251A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3651A34C))
Fixed                                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3651A34C))

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue

Found an issue
Found                                               Name (_T_0, Zero)
Fixed                                               Name (T0_0, Zero)

Found an issue
Found                                               Store (LCDD, _T_0)
Fixed                                               Store (LCDD, T0_0)

Found an issue
Found                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x20ECAF06))
Fixed                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x20ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x21ECAF06))
Fixed                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x21ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x22ECAF06))
Fixed                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x22ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x1571AF0D))
Fixed                                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x1571AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x1680AF0D))
Fixed                                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x1680AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x01DFE430))
Fixed                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x01DFE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x01E0E430))
Fixed                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x01E0E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x021BE430))
Fixed                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x021BE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                               If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x0222E430))
Fixed                                                                               If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x0222E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3151A34C))
Fixed                                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3151A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3251A34C))
Fixed                                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3251A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x3651A34C))
Fixed                                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x3651A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                               Name (_T_1, Zero)
Fixed                                               Name (T0_1, Zero)

Found an issue
Found                                               Store (LCDD, _T_1)
Fixed                                               Store (LCDD, T0_1)

Found an issue
Found                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x20ECAF06))
Fixed                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x20ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x21ECAF06))
Fixed                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x21ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x22ECAF06))
Fixed                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x22ECAF06))

Found an issue
Found                                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x1571AF0D))
Fixed                                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x1571AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x1680AF0D))
Fixed                                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x1680AF0D))

Found an issue
Found                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x01DFE430))
Fixed                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x01DFE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x01E0E430))
Fixed                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x01E0E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x021BE430))
Fixed                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x021BE430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                               If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x0222E430))
Fixed                                                                               If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x0222E430))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                   If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3151A34C))
Fixed                                                                                   If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3151A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                       If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3251A34C))
Fixed                                                                                       If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3251A34C))

Found an issue
Found                                                                                           If (LEqual (_T_1, 0x3651A34C))
Fixed                                                                                           If (LEqual (T0_1, 0x3651A34C))

Found an issue
Found                           Name (_T_0, Zero)
Fixed                           Name (T0_0, Zero)

Found an issue
Found                           Store (Arg1, _T_0)
Fixed                           Store (Arg1, T0_0)

Found an issue
Found                           If (LEqual (_T_0, Zero))
Fixed                           If (LEqual (T0_0, Zero))

Found an issue
Found                               If (LEqual (_T_0, One))
Fixed                               If (LEqual (T0_0, One))

Found an issue
Found                           Name (_T_0, Zero)
Fixed                           Name (T0_0, Zero)

Found an issue
Found                           Store (Arg1, _T_0)
Fixed                           Store (Arg1, T0_0)

Found an issue
Found                           If (LEqual (_T_0, Zero))
Fixed                           If (LEqual (T0_0, Zero))

Found an issue
Found                               If (LEqual (_T_0, One))
Fixed                               If (LEqual (T0_
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080926 [Oct  4 2008]
Copyright © 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

./dsdt_fixed.txt  1494:             Method (_HOT, 0, Serialized)
Warning  1087 -                                ^ Not all control paths return a value (_HOT)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  1494:             Method (_HOT, 0, Serialized)
Warning  1080 -                                ^ Reserved method must return a value (_HOT)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  1524:             Method (_CRT, 0, Serialized)
Warning  1087 -                                ^ Not all control paths return a value (_CRT)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  1524:             Method (_CRT, 0, Serialized)
Warning  1080 -                                ^ Reserved method must return a value (_CRT)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  1589:             Method (_PSV, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning  1087 -                                ^ Not all control paths return a value (_PSV)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  1589:             Method (_PSV, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning  1080 -                                ^ Reserved method must return a value (_PSV)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  9585:                     Method (_GTM, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning  1087 -   Not all control paths return a value ^  (_GTM)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  9585:                     Method (_GTM, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning  1080 -    Reserved method must return a value ^  (_GTM)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  9745:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning  1087 -       Not all control paths return a value ^  (_GTF)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  9745:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning  1080 -        Reserved method must return a value ^  (_GTF)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  9813:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  9813:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  9886:                     Method (_GTM, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  9886:                     Method (_GTM, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10046:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10046:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10114:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10114:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10219:                     Method (_GTM, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10219:                     Method (_GTM, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10379:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10379:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10447:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10447:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10520:                     Method (_GTM, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10520:                     Method (_GTM, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10680:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10680:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10748:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10748:                         Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 11650:                 Store (Package (0x02)
Warning  1099 -             Statement is unreachable ^ 

ASL Input:  ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 13428 lines, 518669 bytes, 7027 keywords
AML Output: ././dsdt.aml - 55366 bytes, 1042 named objects, 5985 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 31 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 38 Optimizations
0, One))

If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. If it helps the computer is an HP dv7-2170us

DSDT.zip

@ hagybear - That's correct.

For Cartri's BIOS you ONLY want to be using Chameleon RC4.

And RC4 doesn't any of the automatic memory detection that you find in the pre-release version of RC5 so you will have to go back to adding it to your SMBIOS.plist.

This is an old thread now and I consider it closed.

If you want to continue this discussion then please do it on Cartri's thread? Thanks :robot:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, sorry I am a noob and am having issues when compiling a DSDT for my AMD ECS A740GM-M. Have been using DSDTE.

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]

Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/bruce/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 2499: If (ECEN)

Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF ^

/Users/bruce/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3421: If (CondRefOf (_OSI, Local1))

/Users/bruce/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3459: Else 0x0072, // Range Maximum

Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ELSE, expecting $end ^

ASL Input: /Users/bruce/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 5741 lines, 176286 bytes, 904 keywords

Compilation complete. 3 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Please be gentle! All my info here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=224762.

• 3 months later...
Hi all, sorry I am a noob and am having issues when compiling a DSDT for my AMD ECS A740GM-M. Have been using DSDTE.

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]

Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/bruce/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 2499: If (ECEN)

/Users/bruce/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3421: If (CondRefOf (_OSI, Local1))

/Users/bruce/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3459: Else 0x0072, // Range Maximum

Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ELSE, expecting $end ^

ASL Input: /Users/bruce/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 5741 lines, 176286 bytes, 904 keywords

Compilation complete. 3 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Please be gentle! All my info here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=224762.

Upload your DSDT :)

Hi my system is working well, but I was trying to fine tune it. All my system specs are below in my sig. Ran into a few problems.

I was using the following kexts at first.

JMicronATA.kext --> removed --> system stable

AppleVIAATA --> removed --> system stable

SleepEnabler --> removed --> system stable.

NullCPUPowerManagement --> removed --> system stable.

AHCIPortInjector --> removed --> following happens: AHCI controller comes up as unknown in system profiler:

Without AHCIPortInjector:

Vendor: Unknown

Product: AHCI Standard Controller

Link Speed: 3 Gigabit

Negotiated Link Speed: 1.5 Gigabit

Description: AHCI Version 1.20 Supported

With AHCIPortInjector

Vendor: Intel

Product: ICH9 AHCI

Link Speed: 3 Gigabit

Negotiated Link Speed: 3 Gigabit

Description: AHCI Version 1.20 Supported

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector --> removed --> all internal harddrives become orange.

Is there any way to incorporate the functions of AHCIPortInjector and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector into my system's DSDT?

2. Also have an kext open OpenHaltRestart.kext Not sure what its used for....is it needed. Sounds important did not want to mess around with taking it out.

3. Lastly, I have tired using the hidepartition command several ways and it does not hide the paritition I ask it to hide. com.apple.Boot.plist screenshot is attached. Can someone please advise as to what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

dsdt.aml.zip

post-150535-1287106944_thumb.png

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

Is there any way to incorporate the functions of AHCIPortInjector and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector into my system's DSDT?

Use IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and apply the patch

# Change ID of SATA device [color="#FF0000"]INTEL AHCI ICH10[/color]
#
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001F0002 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001F0002 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
   Store (Package (0x02)\n
       {\n
           "device-id", \n
           Buffer (0x04)\n
           {\n
               [color="#FF0000"]0x22, 0x3A[/color], 0x00, 0x00\n
           }\n
       }, Local0)\n
   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
   Return (Local0)\n
}
end

*avoid ESB2 (fix orange icon) has been causing trouble for some

2. Also have an kext open OpenHaltRestart.kext Not sure what its used for....is it needed. Sounds important did not want to mess around with taking it out.

Apply the patch

# Change method _PTS where Arg0 is 0x05 ([color="#FF0000"]shutdown[/color])
#
into method label _PTS code_regex (If\s*\(LEqual\s*\(Arg0,\s*0x05\)\)\s*\n\s*\{\s*\n)(?:[^\n\}]+\n)+(\s*\}) replace_matched
begin
%1
           Store (Zero, SLPE)\n
           Sleep (0x10)\n
%2
end;
into method label \_PTS code_regex (If\s*\(LEqual\s*\(Arg0,\s*0x05\)\)\s*\n\s*\{\s*\n)(?:[^\n\}]+\n)+(\s*\}) replace_matched
begin
%1
           Store (Zero, SLPE)\n
           Sleep (0x10)\n
%2
end;
into definitionblock code_regex . code_regex_not OperationRegion\s*\(PMRS insert
begin
OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x0430, One)\n
Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)\n
{\n
       ,   4, \n
   SLPE,   1\n
}
end

Shutdown - DSDT

Restart - Use Chameleon RC5

Use DSDT EDITOR to apply the patches

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

AppleLPC loaded?

run on terminal

kextstat | grep LPC

for native power managment --> Chameleon RC5

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

*AppleLPC need to be loaded

include in boot.plist

GeneratePStates

Yes

GenerateCStates

Yes

Use IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and apply the patch

# Change ID of SATA device [color="#FF0000"]INTEL AHCI ICH10[/color]
#
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001F0002 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001F0002 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
   Store (Package (0x02)\n
       {\n
           "device-id", \n
           Buffer (0x04)\n
           {\n
               [color="#FF0000"]0x22, 0x3A[/color], 0x00, 0x00\n
           }\n
       }, Local0)\n
   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
   Return (Local0)\n
}
end

*avoid ESB2 (fix orange icon) has been causing trouble for some

Apply the patch

# Change method _PTS where Arg0 is 0x05 ([color="#FF0000"]shutdown[/color])
#
into method label _PTS code_regex (If\s*\(LEqual\s*\(Arg0,\s*0x05\)\)\s*\n\s*\{\s*\n)(?:[^\n\}]+\n)+(\s*\}) replace_matched
begin
%1
           Store (Zero, SLPE)\n
           Sleep (0x10)\n
%2
end;
into method label \_PTS code_regex (If\s*\(LEqual\s*\(Arg0,\s*0x05\)\)\s*\n\s*\{\s*\n)(?:[^\n\}]+\n)+(\s*\}) replace_matched
begin
%1
           Store (Zero, SLPE)\n
           Sleep (0x10)\n
%2
end;
into definitionblock code_regex . code_regex_not OperationRegion\s*\(PMRS insert
begin
OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x0430, One)\n
Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)\n
{\n
       ,   4, \n
   SLPE,   1\n
}
end

Shutdown - DSDT

Restart - Use Chameleon RC5

Use DSDT EDITOR to apply the patches

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

AppleLPC loaded?

run on terminal

kextstat | grep LPC

for native power managment --> Chameleon RC5

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

*AppleLPC need to be loaded

include in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Thanks for the your help Maldon. I looked at the code for # Change ID of SATA device INTEL AHCI ICH10.

Will that patch work for an ICH9 system also. I have GA-P35-DS3L rev 2.0 which is ICH9.