[Guida] Leopard su ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

1,267 posts in this topic

Thanks iFabio, I have tried your suggestions.

I have tried my CPU/BIOS in the settings defined in the first post and I tried editing the boot.plist, but it still doesn't work. There weren't any files in the kext.caches/Startup. I think the problem is related to the boot. It doesn't even do anything but flash a blank cursor when I get to it. It's like it doesn't know what to do. I have installed it three times on this drive now, all the times with the same result. In my quest to get snow installed, I have installed other snow copies that do boot to the boot loader and end up with panics or they freeze, so I believe the drive is OK. I have used gparted to check to see that it's marked as boot (the 200MB EFI partition) and it is.

Is it alright to install Snow and your custom package on another computer and move it to my i7? This is currently the way I've been doing it. Would it corrupt your install if I tried to install Chameleon 2 RC4 on the drive now?

I have upgraded to 1804 and the same issues are occurring.

Thanks iFabio, I have tried your suggestions.

I have tried my CPU/BIOS in the settings defined in the first post and I tried editing the boot.plist, but it still doesn't work. There weren't any files in the kext.caches/Startup. I think the problem is related to the boot. It doesn't even do anything but flash a blank cursor when I get to it. It's like it doesn't know what to do. I have installed it three times on this drive now, all the times with the same result. In my quest to get snow installed, I have installed other snow copies that do boot to the boot loader and end up with panics or they freeze, so I believe the drive is OK. I have used gparted to check to see that it's marked as boot (the 200MB EFI partition) and it is.

Is it alright to install Snow and your custom package on another computer and move it to my i7? This is currently the way I've been doing it. Would it corrupt your install if I tried to install Chameleon 2 RC4 on the drive now?

I have upgraded to 1804 and the same issues are occurring.

hmmmm..

Try other way... Install snow from working OS X

- If you have other Hachintosh or if you have a real MAC (there no difference Leopard or Snow is the same for this result).

- Run the OS X es:

HD1 (working system)

HD2 (your HD for snow)

- Use disk utility and initialize the second HD (partitionate it too)

- Insert/Mount snow DVD/.dmg (is the same)

- When the pop-up appear press CTRL+shift+G (the same I write in the second part of the guide in the first post) run the package (install SNOW)

- You can use my installer for Snow on a different system the important thing is ... you insert the exact location of your HD (of course for P6T Deluxe) in this example HD2(partition of SNOW).

- After that go again in disk utility an repair HD2 (permissin, HD integrity)

Try this... if notthing.... change the boot with one like PC-EFI 10.5 from nektas web

You can use MACDRIVE for complete this things or OS X using terminal command to overwrite the boot

Fabio

Avanzamenti.

Ero rimasto ad un errore di allocazione memoria.

Ho ripreso ieri.

Ho rispento cambiato la configurazione del BIOS a 1 core e mi è partito.

Dopo averlo fatto partire ho rispento e riattivato tutti i core.

Tutto bene. Leopard perfectly working but

- ventole che non si spengono

- Sleep

- non ho Boot Camp.

Ma ho provato a montare con final cut e va bene.

ciao a tutti

hmmmm..

Try other way... Install snow from working OS X

- If you have other Hachintosh or if you have a real MAC (there no difference Leopard or Snow is the same for this result).

- Run the OS X es:

HD1 (working system) <-- Real MAC or working Hack

HD2 (your HD for snow) <-- plug it via Sata or USB

- Use disk utility and initialize the second HD (partitionate it too)

- Insert/Mount snow DVD/.dmg (is the same)

- When the pop-up appear press CTRL+shift+G (the same I write in the second part of the guide in the first post) run the package (install SNOW)

- You can use my installer for Snow on a different system the important thing is ... you insert the exact location of your HD (of course for P6T Deluxe) in this example HD2(partition of SNOW).

- After that go again in disk utility an repair HD2 (permissin, HD integrity)

Try this... if notthing.... change the boot with one like PC-EFI 10.5 from nektas web

You can use MACDRIVE for complete this things or OS X using terminal command to overwrite the boot

Fabio

I have done what you said before. I did try the PC-EFI 10.5 boot file with no luck though. I even tested it on my AMD PC which I am installing Snow Leopard from (iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6(or 10.5.8)?) I think). It does the same thing, shows it jumping from the AHCI initialization to a blinking underscore. It me it seems like the drive is not set to boot!! I start gparted and the EFI partition (200MB) has the "boot" flag set. Everything else seems to be in place. Do I have to make a partition active?

I've read some other posts about people having similar issues, but they don't seem to find solutions.

FYI, to get the prepackaged files for snow v1 to work, I had to extract them on Windows 7 and transfer them to the 10.5 install to use them, otherwise the preflight fails during install.

Any more ideas? Thanks for all the help so far!

Grazie mille per il DSDT!!! Funziona benissimo... c'e' una coza sola che mi pare un po strano: invece di ICH10R AHCI il SATA si chiama ESB2 o qualcosa cosi'. mi sembra di far niente al performance, vero? but why is saying that? I have the V2, not v1- but I know it also has the in X58 and the ICH10R chip...

Thanks again! Your guide TOTALLY ROCKS! Love it- Very appreciated!

Today, for the FIRST time (in Snow Leopard) I got properly recognized my Marvell 6121, plus an add-on JMicron pci-e x1 sata/e-sata card! WOW! I couldn't figure out why they weren't working... all the device IDs were in the kexts... Turns out I needed to REMOVE my device IDs from all the kexts EXCEPT the ones which I want to 'drive' the device. Voila :rolleyes:

If only I could get firewire working. Does yours work? It sees my devices but I can not access them. I don't remember seeing much/any mention of that in this topic- did I miss it or forget it? (If so, I apologize- just direct me to review the topic.)

THANK YOU again! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

(Io sono americano, ma ho vissuto in Italia per 2.5 anni in somma- ma sono 10 anni che non ci abito e' si scorda la lingua. Specialmente mi mancano le termine di computer...)

Grazie mille per il DSDT!!! Funziona benissimo... c'e' una coza sola che mi pare un po strano: invece di ICH10R AHCI il SATA si chiama ESB2 o qualcosa cosi'. mi sembra di far niente al performance, vero? but why is saying that? I have the V2, not v1- but I know it also has the in X58 and the ICH10R chip...

Thanks again! Your guide TOTALLY ROCKS! Love it- Very appreciated!

Today, for the FIRST time (in Snow Leopard) I got properly recognized my Marvell 6121, plus an add-on JMicron pci-e x1 sata/e-sata card! WOW! I couldn't figure out why they weren't working... all the device IDs were in the kexts... Turns out I needed to REMOVE my device IDs from all the kexts EXCEPT the ones which I want to 'drive' the device. Voila :)

If only I could get firewire working. Does yours work? It sees my devices but I can not access them. I don't remember seeing much/any mention of that in this topic- did I miss it or forget it? (If so, I apologize- just direct me to review the topic.)

THANK YOU again! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

(Io sono americano, ma ho vissuto in Italia per 2.5 anni in somma- ma sono 10 anni che non ci abito e' si scorda la lingua. Specialmente mi mancano le termine di computer...)

:) Nice to share

P6T Deluxe v1 and V2 have the same DSDT just one difference the SAS controller... but this stuff is not present in DSDT table ;)

Fabio

- Oppure prova con iDeneb 1.3 (ricordo che sulla P6T Deluxe funziona), almeno da avere la certezza che il problema sia dovuto al lettore... se opti per questa opzione e riesci a caricarla di passo i parametri per la configurazione...sara' un passaggio piu' lungo e avrai bisogno di un secondo HD per fare successivamente una nstallazione di Leopard o Snow Retail...

Ciao Fabio, non avendo una copia originale di Leopard ho provato ad installare ideneb1.4 e riesco a caricarla; mi puoi aiutare con i parametri di configurazione?

grazie mille

Ciao Fabio, non avendo una copia originale di Leopard ho provato ad installare ideneb1.4 e riesco a caricarla; mi puoi aiutare con i parametri di configurazione?

grazie mille

Ciao a tutti!

Certo! (Io avevo usato iDeneb 1.3 la 1.4 mi dava dei problemi con sealtbelt se non ricordo male)

Questi sono i passaggi che usai al tempo...(iDeneb 1.3)

Alla selezione della lingua scegli quella che ti pare....

Poi vai in alto e selezioni Disk Utility.. formatti l'HDD come vuoi...(Mi riferisco al numero di partizioni).

Finito con L'HDD, chiudi Disk Utility.

Fai continuare il processo di istallazione,

vai su personalizza, e scegli in "FIX"

Kernel... il primo in alto il XNU

Network ...poi dentro Ethernet scegli Marvell quasi l'ultimo in basso(io l'ho disattivato da BIOS)

Audio ... Appleazaliaaudio piu' o meno a meta' della lista

chipset ... ichx

Video ... Io ho selezionato tutto il nvideainjector (probabilmente questa e' la unica differenza).

Se scrivi quelli che hai della 1.4 vediamo di ragionarla un attimo (non ho la 1.4 per provare)

Fabio

Avanzamenti.

Ero rimasto ad un errore di allocazione memoria.

Ho ripreso ieri.

Ho rispento cambiato la configurazione del BIOS a 1 core e mi è partito.

Dopo averlo fatto partire ho rispento e riattivato tutti i core.

Tutto bene. Leopard perfectly working but

- ventole che non si spengono

- Sleep

- non ho Boot Camp.

Ma ho provato a montare con final cut e va bene.

ciao a tutti

Ciao zampa.

- Le ventole come ti ha suggerito phoenix lo risolvi con OpenHaltRestart aka OHR :D

- Sleep? Se usi il mio DSDT lo sleep dovrebbe funzionarti, in alternativa scaricati e inserisci in Extra/Extensions lo sleepenabler di nektas

- L'Hack non ha il bootcamp (Non abbiamo un vero MAC) in alternativa c'e' una versiona patchata da installare del bootcamp, cerca nella sezione guide e trucchi vari...

Fabio

Allego le configurazioni che si può scegliere su ideneb 1.4

Prova con:

Kernel - 9.5.0 Voodoo (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

chipset - ICHx Fixed

Network - AppleYukon2

SMBIOS - AppleSMBIOS-27-DDR3-1333

Audio - AD1988B

Prova con questi valori... l'obbiettivo e' avere un sistema minimo per poi successivamente installare Snow retail (che hai il DVD originale) su un altro HD.

Se ti installa questa ideneb successivamente installaci sopra il mio installer per leopard

(provaci)

Fabio

PS: Buona befana a tutti :angel:

Ciao fabio, con le impostazioni che mi hai suggerito, al riavvio mi viene fuori questa schermata e poi si riavvia...

Ho provato ideneb 1.3 con le impostazioni che mi avevi suggerito ieri l'altro: mi si riavvia, viene fuori il video di benvento, proseguo ma poi alla schermata dove scelgo se importare le impostazioni da un'altro mac dopo un po' mi riparte il video di benvento e ricomincia...

cosa mi consigli?

post-547866-1262785278_thumb.jpg

Ciao fabio, con le impostazioni che mi hai suggerito, al riavvio mi viene fuori questa schermata e poi si riavvia...

Ho provato ideneb 1.3 con le impostazioni che mi avevi suggerito ieri l'altro: mi si riavvia, viene fuori il video di benvento, proseguo ma poi alla schermata dove scelgo se importare le impostazioni da un'altro mac dopo un po' mi riparte il video di benvento e ricomincia...

cosa mi consigli?

ciao nuti

facciamo chiarezza...

con ideneb 1.3 il "loop" di you already own a mac lo risolvi con le flag -v -f -s

Questa parte e' uguale a quella che trovi nella guida (dove fai AppleSetupDone...)

Con ideneb1.4 prova ad installare come ti ho suggerito con le impostazioni del BIOScon le periferiche tutte disattivate (ti velocizza e semplifica l'installazione valido anche per la ideneb1.3)

Fabio

Ps se non riesci questo fine settimana ho un attimo libero vediamo di risolverlo.

Aggiornamento

Sto testando un nuovo DSDT che ho editato, basandomi sulle ricerche fatte da MC...

sono a un buon punto e ho ridotto il codice di molto... al momento un 35% :):):)

mantenendo la funzionalita' e la stabilita' del precedente, e qualche add-on nuovo.

La news non si basa sul DSDT ma su alcune modifiche da apportare al nostro OS X

1) Rimpiazziamo il MacPro4_1.plist che si trova in

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/MacPro4_1.plist

con questo modificato da demong1 -->

Grazie a demong1 per il .plist (Attenzione solo per Snow 10.6.2) Non usare questo .plist alcuni problemi in OC, quindi saltare questa pima parte

2) Modifichiamo il decripter di netkas

Apriamo il file Info.plist che si trova in /Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Info.plist

dobbiamo editare il file in due posizioni con informazioni specifiche per il MacPro4,1 (1.30f3 e smc-napa cambiandolo in 1.39f5 e smc-thurley).

Quindi cerchiamo ATAPAAAD e lo sostuiamo con ATkPAAAF

cerchiamo smc-napa e lo sostituiamo con smc-thurley

Originale:

<key>REV </key>
               <data>
               [color="#ff0000"]ATAPAAAD[/color]
               </data>
           </dict>
           <key>smc-compatible</key>
           <string>[color="#ff0000"]smc-napa[/color]</string>

Modificato:

<key>REV </key>
               <data>
               [b]ATkPAAAF[/b]    
               </data>
           </dict>
           <key>smc-compatible</key>
           <string>[b]smc-thurley[/b]</string>

Ringraziamenti per questa info vanno a d00d trend sulla Gigabyte x58

PS Possiamo controllare le temperature del nostro sistema con Istat menu applicazione free

Le mie si aggirano per i 4 processori sui 42-42-37-37 ;)

A presto

Fabio

Indirizzi:

GA-EX58 DSDT mods for native power management - d00d

MacPro4,1 SpeedStep FIX discussione di THe KiNG - Cercare con google

Tnks Fabian

I've made the changes, for now (only minutes in questions), everything OK

Post back after day or two.

No cpu temp changes.

...bu the way...

Geekbench, not working now?

Hi fc bayern

The CPU temp still the same...(notthing change with this fix)

Geekbench still working too.

Fabio

Hi fc bayern

The CPU temp still the same...(notthing change with this fix)

Geekbench still working too.

Fabio

I've put Your MacPro 4.1.plist , replacing the original(after making a copy of the original Macpro 4.1.plist offcourse), and made the changes in info.plist in fakesms. Then I rebot and post the previos post. Cpu temeratures remains the same(or maybe +1 C), and no geekbench anymore, crashing on loading up.

Is that all?

Are there any more changes needed to be made?

I am using PCEFI 10.5(not using RC4 'cuz of the same uuid everytime), and smbios plist, where i have specified everything from my Overclocked configuration(cpu type = 1281, interconect = 6.13, ram memory =1363, and cpu = 170 blk or 3.40 )

(...the configuration OC is stable , i'm using this configuration month or so)

Strange if You are telling that I should see some temp dropes, or maybe I should try the stock config?

Ciao Phoenix! Vai tranquillo che con OpenHaltRestart sistemi il problema delle ventole. Lo avevo pure io e con quel kext è risolto.

Volevo chiederti una cosa, dove hai trovato il nuovo ad2000 ?

Io ne ho trovati un paio, ma non sono documentati e non recano le versioni...

...così domani formatto0o0Oo°o !

salve mi puoi aiutare che ho problemi di ventole quando spengo il mac,

come devo faree come trovare il kext che parli. grazie

I've put Your MacPro 4.1.plist , replacing the original(after making a copy of the original Macpro 4.1.plist offcourse), and made the changes in info.plist in fakesms. Then I rebot and post the previos post. Cpu temeratures remains the same(or maybe +1 C), and no geekbench anymore, crashing on loading up.

Is that all?

Are there any more changes needed to be made?

I am using PCEFI 10.5(not using RC4 'cuz of the same uuid everytime), and smbios plist, where i have specified everything from my Overclocked configuration(cpu type = 1281, interconect = 6.13, ram memory =1363, and cpu = 170 blk or 3.40 )

(...the configuration OC is stable , i'm using this configuration month or so)

Strange if You are telling that I should see some temp dropes, or maybe I should try the stock config?

uhmmm... so strange...

with last DSDT (my M2) the ss code is fine! so probably we don't need overwrite the MacPro4.1.plist

I didn't found this issue because my system run in stock mode....

honestly for me the 2 methods are working but if someone have any problem... then I delete this change and we roll back to original MacPro4,1.plist

I use chameleon 2RC4.

pc bayern pls post your original MacPro4,1.plist

I edit the post, for now is better no use this plist still using the original, so the only change is for FakeSMC.

Fabio

uhmmm... so strange...

with last DSDT (my M2) the ss code is fine! so probably we don't need overwrite the MacPro4.1.plist

I didn't found this issue because my system run in stock mode....

honestly for me the 2 methods are working but if someone have any problem... then I delete this change and we roll back to original MacPro4,1.plist

I use chameleon 2RC4.

pc bayern pls post your original MacPro4,1.plist

I edit the post, for now is better no use this plist still using the original, so the only change is for FakeSMC.

Fabio

Fabian

Here my smbios.plist(in tha last line You'll se that i have string for 1.39f5-maybe that's the problem or not) and my Macpro4.1.plist

smbios.plist.zip

MacBookPro4_1.plist.zip

Fabian

Here my smbios.plist(in tha last line You'll se that i have string for 1.39f5-maybe that's the problem or not) and my Macpro4.1.plist

I think this no make changes... anyway put it on 1 as you can see in the pic of my smbios

Probably you make mistake.. MacBookPro?

PS a little compare...

My SMboardproduct is Mac-F4208DC8

Your SMboardproduct is Mac-F221BEC8

No info about this but... maybe...

Fabio