Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

userx

147 posts in this topic

NO you're wrong

I have the same in every flag boot.. but I have a very good DSDT.aml

mine is created with manually fixes (hpet, T_ EHCI etc.. ) but i tried also with original ubuntu DSDT (tested with IASL decompiled and rebuilt without errors or warnings) and tried with DUMPACPItables utility and in the end with DSDT patcher.

the 4 dsdt are very strict each one.. but no boot.. the same KP as above.

and consider that my dsdt is perfect in leo boot. sleep, shutdown, hpet without using disabler.kext. My HW is intel 100%..

so .. I'm sure that the problem is not dsdt! or am I wrong?

Gigabyte p35ps3p 8600GT256MB 8GB ram

1.Install snow leopard instalation working fine ...

2.Boot system ... system works ...

3 reboot boot again kernel panic after some time ... noting has been changed ? i don`t know what happend very strange?

img0039v.th.jpg

Every time when i reboot my system my bios is reset and ask me to load def configuratin or last good conf ... meybe this is the reason but i was check the setings all is the same ..

Really don`t know what happend ...

3 reboot boot again kernel panic after some time ... noting has been changed ? i don`t know what happend very strange?

img0039v.th.jpg

Every time when i reboot my system my bios is reset and ask me to load def configuratin or last good conf ... meybe this is the reason but i was check the setings all is the same ..

Sounds like your DSDT is corrupting your BIOS or something along those lines. It's definitely not a kext causing the issue. If there is a BIOS mod for your motherboard, I would recommend using that instead of DSDT.

img0039v.th.jpg

That kp is from "mdworker" a Spothlight process, or related to it.

The bios reset is happening to Gigabyte mobos and not only.. it does the same to mine and i can't even boot the damn thing, just trying. It's not related to DSDT.

That kp is from "mdworker" a Spothlight process, or related to it.

The bios reset is happening to Gigabyte mobos and not only.. it does the same to mine and i can't even boot the damn thing, just trying. It's not related to DSDT.

What is your configuration ?

I believe that this build simply has issues with file systems. Whenever I try to import all my music into iTunes, I get a kernel panic from com.apple.filesystems.ntfs.

I've replicated this 5 times, I've done disk checks in Windows and nothing is wrong with the drive I'm attempting to copy from.

I believe that this build simply has issues with file systems. Whenever I try to import all my music into iTunes, I get a kernel panic from com.apple.filesystems.ntfs.

I've replicated this 5 times, I've done disk checks in Windows and nothing is wrong with the drive I'm attempting to copy from.

ok.. so what can I do? I have a formatted hfs+ journal.. heh? should I have EFI?

ok.. so what can I do? I have a formatted hfs+ journal.. heh? should I have EFI?

The problem isn't what you have it formatted as, I couldn't tell you what your problem is lol

All I know is that my Windows NTFS partitions don't like being copied from in this build.

lilos

for me, your panic looks related to file system

fsck all partitions you have

hi netkas, don't you think that the cmos resetting is related to the nvram support of this version of pc_efi

Hey everyone I got a boot. It Booted on my MSI Wind. Albeit without PS2 Kexts. But when I go to select the HD I want to use, It says that it has to be formatted as GUID but Hackintosh's cannot boot from that... Or can they with Boot-132 Thanks! :blink:

Yes go ahead and format it to GUID. I did it and it worked fine. PC EFI 9v with SL replacement boot file will take care of bootup.

i noticed that kexts had code signatures now, so is it still safe to edit plists?

i get "Still waiting for root device" errors, and i wanted to add device id's

Well, i tried editing the plist and i got a KP, so i want to know if there is anotherkext i can use for ich9 ide

Hello everyone. When im trying to boot from retail SL image restored to 2nd HDD I get KP (some cpu 0, bla bla bla, should i take a screenshot?). Do I must to instal PCEFI v9 to boot leo dvd? Or chameleon v2 is enough?

my hardware:

c2d e4400@3GHz

8800GTS 640mb

gigabyte p35-ds3r mobo

2gb ram

2 HDDs: 250 and 500gb

I have tried replacing instalOS.mpkg(dont remember correct name:P) and opening it from retail, but with no success:/

I saw some SL "boot files" but i dunno what to do with them:/

Thanks in advance guys;)