Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

userx

147 posts in this topic

lilos

for me, your panic looks related to file system

fsck all partitions you have

I use 120 gb sata disk guid part .

First time after install my sistem boot fine and I was playing for 15 min no kernel panic.

After restart (voodohda install ) my system boot again but after 30-40 second of using it givme kernel panic after that I remove voodohda but this not fix problem.

What is fsck how can I fix it.

P.S Before install I was formated my second hdd under leopard

Maybe I must format it when I install snow Leo using snow Leo disk utility...

post-183258-1244711601_thumb.jpg

this is the kp i get with -v -f -legacy and cpus=1 for atom

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2a6a95) - it looks like /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext might be outdated or missing. Apparently loading kexts without Extensions.mkext isn't working yet.

Hello everyone. When im trying to boot from retail SL image restored to 2nd HDD I get KP (some cpu 0, bla bla bla, should i take a screenshot?). Do I must to instal PCEFI v9 to boot leo dvd? Or chameleon v2 is enough?

my hardware:

c2d e4400@3GHz

8800GTS 640mb

gigabyte p35-ds3r mobo

2gb ram

2 HDDs: 250 and 500gb

I have tried replacing instalOS.mpkg(dont remember correct name:P) and opening it from retail, but with no success:/

I saw some SL "boot files" but i dunno what to do with them:/

Thanks in advance guys;)

Don't use Chameleon v2 IT DOES NOT WORK. Use PC EFI ver 9 then replace the SL boot file after you install.

Download the tool to view hidden files. Then AFTER you have installed PCEFI go to your /root folder that's your SL hard drive trash the file named boot, then replace it with the SL boot file, renaming it boot first.

You don't have to replace the OSInstall.mpkg. You must first format your install destination drive using GUID. Disk Utility, select drive, then partition tab, then options select GUID. Then you can just use the OSInstall.mpkg that is in the DMG. The installer will not install to a drive that already has a MBR, that's why you need to format to GUID.

Note: You must install the OS first, THEN you add the boot loader and all other kext and pactches.

Please re-read the guide carefully.

http://osx86.fujilives.com/

It seem that only Gigabyte cards are affected ... I am on gigabyte too.... and the same nasty cmos reset ... oterwise is stabble and fast ... but I wonder.... maybe a new protection from apple ? since efi-x is using gigabyte mainboards ....mostly ... maibe is a soprt of protection from apple .... ? I hope not !!!! We need a genius like netkas to come with a solution ....

did you try VoodooHDA?

yes but no sound unfortunately.

i'm currently using (found it in the dungeon) sonica theater usb sound card and it works

but i would definitely would like a fix for my internal sound card.

I just wish my sound worked alc882 but using the patched applehda.kext just gave me a kernel panic

don't try to patch the snow leo applehda with the taruga patcher, 'cause apple has changed the applehda structure

I'm having a CPU heat issue in SL. My laptop is running at a constant 85c. When I was using Leo it was at about 65c. I tried all the heat, cpu, power, hacks from Leo but nothing works. Any advise? My eggs are frying! :)

I got an error message "No installer packages can be found for this disk" when I tried Repair Permissions.

need more info on your problem. after install?

I use 120 gb sata disk guid part .

First time after install my sistem boot fine and I was playing for 15 min no kernel panic.

After restart (voodohda install ) my system boot again but after 30-40 second of using it givme kernel panic after that I remove voodohda but this not fix problem.

What is fsck how can I fix it.

P.S Before install I was formated my second hdd under leopard

Maybe I must format it when I install snow Leo using snow Leo disk utility...

Hey, do you have an NTFS drive connected to your snow leopard machine?

I'm getting this KP aswell, and i think it has something to do with the ntfs drivers

I managed installing snow leopard but I end up getting kernel panics and then it freezes. So when I restart my machine, my bios corrupts. I can only boot up to safe mode

My error - img0138hjr.th.jpg

I'm currently using my system that is displayed in my rig.

I managed installing snow leopard but I end up getting kernel panics and then it freezes. So when I restart my machine, my bios corrupts. I can only boot up to safe mode

My error - img0138hjr.th.jpg

I'm currently using my system that is displayed in my rig.

delete appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext

I got an error message "No installer packages can be found for this disk" when I tried Repair Permissions.

I also got that message.

odd

I googled the error and in one apple forum it says that you are missing the basesytem.pkg in /library/reciepts/

some claimed success just installing this in the receipt folders

others said they had to do a reinstall

none worked for me

i just installed this according to these instruction osx86.fujilives.com/. installed fine and starts fine. no audio and some other various problems. seems to have random kernel panics when opening apps. noticed my bios was reset after that too. took out everything, i think it even under clocked my cpu which was previously over clocked. prior to reading this thread i was a little worried and had no idea why my bios kept reseting.

delete appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext

I also got that message.

odd

I googled the error and in one apple forum it says that you are missing the basesytem.pkg in /library/reciepts/

some claimed success just installing this in the receipt folders

others said they had to do a reinstall

none worked for me

ok i deleted the kext and it worked :D the only thing thats annoying me at the moment is my bios, it keeps corrupting but I saved a profile so every time i boot, I'll just select my profile and no worries.

Thanks for your help man!

Now I need audio to work, I'm using alc889 chipset.. does anyone know how I can get the alc889 to work?

Thanks!

Damn! After installing pcefi darwin bootloader doesn't recognize my second hdd :thumbsup_anim:" i've tried changing options in bios with no success:/ I had no problems with 10.5.6 and now...ehhh

whats your diagnose guys?:/

EDIT: Ok, i got it... i had one partition with windows but the partition was guid so i though it will work:/ now im installing SL from osimnstall. thanks for everything guys!

Ill post some screenshots after completing instal;)