[Guide] Hackintosh on HP 550 Notebook

mardurhack

221 posts in this topic

Mmm I think the fan is working but Leo is a little bit hotter than Windows! Anyway the kext is not the most stable...but at least it works!

@dakku: I wouldn't like to mess up everything now that I solved any problem. But be sure I'll try a retail version as soon I can make a backup of the entire Leo partition :D

@dakku

After booting with -v

Last line is :

mac os version

not yet set

you need to look above that, right on top of the screen, thats where you'll find out why its giving you kp. ive had similar kp's and i realised it was due to chameleon not installed properly (back when there wasnt an installer for it) and i was putting all the kexts rather than the much needed ones like fakesmc.kext

i would also suggest booting with arch=i386 -v

@dakku

Thank for replay. I'm sending you Iphone photos of the screen

boot with arch=i386 - v

boot with -x32 give me the same screeen without "64 bit kernel enabled" line

EDIT

After reinstalling chameleon when booting with -x32 or arch=i386 I get apple screen with spinning wheel forever.

In extra folder I have fakesmc.kext vodoops2controler.kext vodooHDA.kext and blackch DSDT.aml

Thannk you gprince. Finaly I can boot.

Problem II.

Setup program is unsuccessfully trying to find my mouse. In Extra/Extensions folder I put VoodooPS2Controler.kext. I can't find VoodooPS2.kext to download.

EDIT

My mouse is usb, so it is USB related problem.

I have tried to replace IOPCIFamily.kext with one from slice, and add grpince moded dsdt and, of course, immediate KP again. I think that I made bi mess from my computer and I'll try new clean install now.

But, thank you gprince, dakku and mardurhack for helping a noob like me.

its been different for me though, each time i install osx i need to use a usb mouse for it, u should try all the different usb ports (before i used slice's kext the last usb was working for me). also, voodoops2 wont load in 64 bit if your not using the 64bit kext, by default its 32 bit kext. i dont think you would need to reinstall snow leo, just try to play around with the usb ports, also, u must have got immediate kp after putting slice's kext coz u didnt repair permissions.

Hi madurhack,

I tried your workaround, replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext from my_kexts pack on snow.

It panics when it loads it... no luck for me :blink:

Maybe because it's for Leopard :( Anyway it doesn't work smoothly...I gave up...I put on Ubuntu 9.04 with a lot of OSX graphical and functional features...Even if it's not a real Mac it gives me some satisfaction... :S

I can't believe it... :( I can't believe my system was PERFECT but for that stupid fan!! To avoid going crazy I abandoned the project...I'm sorry...But I'll keep visiting this topic to upgrade the first post :)

mardurhack never give up!

On american eb@y if u look for something like this "Intel® Pentium® Mobile T2390 1.86 GHz 1M 533 SLA4H" you'll find for 20 euros a good upgrade for your cpu, which also boost significantly the performance of this optimum notebook!

I have already done the upgrade and I am an happier man! ;-)

mardurhack never give up!

On italian eb@y if u look for something like this "CPU INTEL CORE DUO NOTEBOOK PORTATILE T2080" you'll find for 20 euros a good upgrade for your cpu, which also boost significantly the performance of this optimum notebook!

I have already done the upgrade and I am an happier man! ;-)

But if I change the CPU are you sure I'm going to get working Mac OSX? Because this is my only aim, the Celeron is a nice processor even if isn't dual core. And it doesn't "suck" the battery off! :P So how are you going with the T2080? Is Battery life the same?

Little OT: I found that in 9.04 Ubuntu there is a battery life meter that shows the current and the original capacity! ;) Mine was 39.2Wh now is 39.0! So it's just Mac OSX that makes my battery a useless piece of Lithium! XD

hello mardurhack, if u swap to dual core battery ll last even more! In fact with celeron was about 2 hrs, now with dualcore is 2 hrs and half. Look around (ex wikipedia) for wattage of core duo processors, they are the same as celeron 550!

But the consume is optimized on dual cores...

se cambiare è meglio, è meglio cambiare diceva il saggio

i was forgetting..

it depends on your chipset, different models of hp 550 have different capabilities:

the ones equipped with gme965 are able to support officially a t7500 or u7500 (core 2 duo only 10w!), gle960 ones should only support celerons (533mhz bus)..

hello mardurhack, if u swap to dual core battery ll last even more! In fact with celeron was about 2 hrs, now with dualcore is 2 hrs and half. Look around (ex wikipedia) for wattage of core duo processors, they are the same as celeron 550!

But the consume is optimized on dual cores...

se cambiare è meglio, è meglio cambiare diceva il saggio

i was forgetting..

also t7300 t7800 t9300 t9500 seem to be compatible cpus for our notebook!

They are great processors!

Maybe if I find some good deal I ll try one..

Ehehe ;) thanks for the advice :wacko: Se cambiare è meglio, è meglio cambiare! It's true! Well I'll try to buy one of them...I found something at 30€ shipping included... But I'm going to New York this Christmas so I hope I can find a special offer on some netbook or macbook! (I read Dell mini 10v is fully compatible with Mac OSX and its price is 230$/160€ while the Macbook that here costs 949€/1376$ in USA is for 899$/620€! That's incredible!)

How do you feel the fan? Is it working good with this new CPU? And what about sleep and other things like this? Thanks a lot! B)

fan is ok (thanks to this topic), sleep is ok, but i become addicted to InsomniaX, which disables the sleep function completely..

Off topic:

my parents flew to new york just this august and bought (without consulting me!!) a mac book pro for 999$ (in one of the biggest store of NY, I dont write here not to do advertising, but just google for it and you'll find 2 main stores), remember to ask for your education discount, and for your tax discount since you are not an US citizen.

Mac book pro is good, but hp 550 is better :(

BTW

I would prefer a Sony vaio instead of a mac, It costs half and It is as well built as a mac..

fan is ok (thanks to this topic), sleep is ok, but i become addicted to InsomniaX, which disables the sleep function completely..

Off topic:

my parents flew to new york just this august and bought (without consulting me!!) a mac book pro for 999$ (in one of the biggest store of NY, I dont write here not to do advertising, but just google for it and you'll find 2 main stores), remember to ask for your education discount, and for your tax discount since you are not an US citizen.

Mac book pro is good, but hp 550 is better :)

BTW

I would prefer a Sony vaio instead of a mac, It costs half and It is as well built as a mac..

Aarrghhh! A macbook pro worse than a HP550?? XD Anyway what do you mean "thanks to this topic"? Are you using some patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

:D im glad my procedure has worked for someone. i do have 100% working leo and snow leo at the moment.

regarding the cpu upgrade, i dont have much information but if you can change it well and good, hope it goes all well, once done you can follow the procedure and get retail snow leo working! :D

and yes dell mini 10v is 100% compatible, i bought it for my gf last month and managed to get leo running in under and hour without messing with any kexts at all, it was straight forward and simple, if you need it for just surfing the net i would recommend it but if you want it for actually doin some work, an atom processor is pretty {censored}.

:D im glad my procedure has worked for someone. i do have 100% working leo and snow leo at the moment.

regarding the cpu upgrade, i dont have much information but if you can change it well and good, hope it goes all well, once done you can follow the procedure and get retail snow leo working! :D

and yes dell mini 10v is 100% compatible, i bought it for my gf last month and managed to get leo running in under and hour without messing with any kexts at all, it was straight forward and simple, if you need it for just surfing the net i would recommend it but if you want it for actually doin some work, an atom processor is pretty {censored}.

No it would be a secondary notebook :( But I remember my Asus eee 700....It was pretty fast and it mounted a 900 Mhz Celeron M ULV! :P

EDIT: Someone please could make a post with all the kexts/dsdts attached to get Leopard and Snow Retail working? Thanks!

@gnappoman: Could you post here your AppleACPIPlatform.Kext, IOACPIFamily.kext and other power-related kexts that you use please? Thanks in advance! I'd like to have a last chance... XD

Hi smilenkovski,

The temps aren't normal but at least mardurhack and me are suffering them here. The fan goes completly off with battery power and temperature raises up to 70ºC. With power cord connected it works as it should and only gets about 50º-55ºC

To make it boot allways in 32 bit mode, you need to edit your com.apple.boot.plist under /Extra and add arch=i386 like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

Cheers!