Chameleon v2 Artworks

118 posts in this topic

Thanks blackosx, i love this theme! ;)

How do you hide the partitions you don't want to see? I have a total of 9 partitions on 4 disks and would like to hide some. Thanks! :)

Thanks AndreaGalileo, I don't know how to hide partitions etc.. I have seen this question asked a few times in various places. Hopefully someone else knows the answer.

Another theme.... This time a Purple one.

I use 1680x150 so I don't know how it will look at other resolutions.

Enjoy

:)

post-331032-1239047559_thumb.jpg

Blackosx_Purple_Theme.zip

Just been playing with some more ideas... I thought this looked cool, but it won't work.

The way I see things is the graphic options of the Chameleon bootloader are a bonus and the functional code is the important part. I understand there are limitations in the amount of space available, but if we could keep the file sizes moderately small, would things like this be possible?

Hey blackosx, this is a really nice idea. But i dont see where the problem is, the file size limit we have is just the bootloader itself, this size limit we dont have in the unembedded png's (/Extra/themes/...)

Hey blackosx, this is a really nice idea. But i dont see where the problem is, the file size limit we have is just the bootloader itself, this size limit we dont have in the unembedded png's (/Extra/themes/...)

Oh.. I have interpreted it wrong then. When I read this from the Chameleon page..

"With the current set of icons, images, fonts embedded, the booter size is about 300k. Without embedding the resources you will get about a 110k large booter. The maximum size of the booter is 392704 bytes (383.5k)."

I thought everything was included in the file size limit and that limit was 383.5k.

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

;)

Help Question?:

A problem I did have it this..

The large icon displays at the first bootloader screen, but when looking to select a device the large icon gets cropped (See attached pics for reference). What settings do I need in the theme.plist to allow the large graphics to display?

Can anybody help give me some details? Thanks in advance, as this will allow me to make some full size pics..which I think will look totally amazing.

post-331032-1239085322_thumb.jpg

post-331032-1239085336_thumb.jpg

love boot4. but i prefer your user image :censored2:

NOTE: I was once SaCleoCheater... but that account got very buggy so I had to make a new one.

I can give you a transparent .png of my user image if you like.

[HOW-TO]MAKE 1024x786 Themes non-squished on a widescreen

Step 1: Go into your BIOS and disable screen expansion.

DONE!

My New Theme!

It's based on NebulOSX's Bootcamp Clean Rev 2, but with many changes. (Hope you don't mind :))

Like nebulOSX's Simplex, this is Simplez!

dscn2015.jpg

dscn2019.jpg

dscn2016.jpg

Enjoy!

UPDATE: Note the line at the bottom of the screen in the first image is not part of the theme, my laptop screen is broken :(

Simplez_By_iPers__63743_n_v1.zip

Just been playing with some more ideas... I thought this looked cool, but it won't work.

The way I see things is the graphic options of the Chameleon bootloader are a bonus and the functional code is the important part. I understand there are limitations in the amount of space available, but if we could keep the file sizes moderately small, would things like this be possible?

i really like me this theme, can you sharing??

u r great!!! you too hecabe, your theme is very funy!!!

LoL

How did you edit the little green guy out

I've look in the extra-defaut-plist and could not locate

can you write a step by step here so I could understand.

thx.

previewchameleonmetal.png

Chameleon metal:

Without device background:

previewapplemetal.png

Apple Metal:

Without device background:

config for 1280x1024 other resolution have to modify theme.plist and background size

Edit2: new font :)

hi everybody, i'm feeling really noob this days....

Indeed, this is driving me crazy, i'm not able to change the theme, i have deleted the old default theme in Extra/Themes folder then i've just drag in the new default folder in with the costume theme that i would wnat to try, and when i've reboot i've seen no changes at all. :(

the same happens to me when i what to edit the com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder in order to change the default boot partition, i've used

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,3)</string>

and it doesn't change either. :thumbsdown_anim:

I don't know why my chameleon 2 doesn't accept any changes. Can anyone help me? Please.

If it helps i have easybcd as primary bootloader in my laptop to chose between vista an osx, if i select osx i get chameleon 2 who let me chose between osx and ubuntu (for vista i get the black blinking cursor).

• 2 months later...
I made a theme for Windows / Mac Dual-booting

It's a 1680x1050 theme

Hope you guys like it!

post-367313-1239832550_thumb.jpg

ps. the camara-picture quality was bad , so I just copy/paste the 'device' and 'menu' sections to the 'background', so the quality is better...

Mac_of_Win_theme.zip

Hey this one is the best I have seen so far!!! Can you please make it 4:3?

Please!!!!!