Chameleon v2 Artworks

118 posts in this topic

(and sonotone for starting this thread) and everyone here for uploading their themes.

I agree with you and thanks to all

Especially Zef and Chameleon team to make this possible (so many looks possible with this interface ; incredible)

It's nice to hear that my work is appreciated. Like yourself, I have put a few hours into working out how all the elements fit together and what changes what. I want to try and help this group in anyway I can, and where coding isn't my strong point, graphics are.

I am looking at the 'horizontal' string of the 'devices_layout' key at the moment to see if I can display the devices vertically. If so, it will allow more room on the screen for the menu, help etc..

So let's keep up the good work and see what develops.

I think you can make a great "interface" if this is possible

Very nice piece of work! Warn congrats to the Chameleon team and it's great to see a themes thread appear so soon!

I installed Chameleon to the EFI system partition of my hard drive (the installer worked perfectly), then mounted my EFI partition and experimented changing icons and the chameleon logo and changed the blue background with a black one (via the theme.plist).

What I haven't been able to figure out is how to change the screen resolution for my laptop. I changed the value in the theme.plist from 1024 by 768 to 1280 by 800 but no change, the boot menu icons look squished down. I changed the apple boot icon to a non squished one but the spinning cog is of course still squished down.

Very nice piece of work! Warn congrats to the Chameleon team and it's great to see a themes thread appear so soon!

I installed Chameleon to the EFI system partition of my hard drive (the installer worked perfectly), then mounted my EFI partition and experimented changing icons and the chameleon logo and changed the blue background with a black one (via the theme.plist).

What I haven't been able to figure out is how to change the screen resolution for my laptop. I changed the value in the theme.plist from 1024 by 768 to 1280 by 800 but no change, the boot menu icons look squished down. I changed the apple boot icon to a non squished one but the spinning cog is of course still squished down.

Modify your com.apple.Boot.plist to have <string>Graphics Mode</string> and <key>1024x768x32@60</key> where that's WIDTHxHEIGHTxDEPTH@REFRESH.

Ah, I really didn't look at the real bootscreen before building that theme... I take it that there currently isn't a way to have the text in between the arrow and selection box then?

i think there is as long as there's a big enough gap in between and whatever's there is transparent and not just the same colour as the backgorund. i kept overlapping text and images while i was playing around. images always seem to go on top unless there's transparency.

mass

Just redone the Boot Camp theme (download link in my last post), changed the selection graphic and text to match the real thing, no matter what I do I can't add the arrow underneath the selection graphic without the text going underneath and messing it all up :D If someone could tell me how to make it work, let me know! the transparency trick didn't seem to cut it..

Hope you don't mind, alanlcarlos, just tweaked your theme because the generic icon gets screwed, altered them so all drives are the same as in the real Apple boot menu and all centered..

All credit goes to alanlcarlos.. again, Apple boot logo is for widescreens..

image538g.jpg

alanlcarlos___remix___NebulOSX.zip

alanlcarlos_mod___NebulOSX___Revision_2.zip

@nebulOSX: gotta say, at the moment i think you're mod of alan carlos's skin's my favourite. i love default stuff so it's nearly perfect. noticed one little bug though... when you push down on a HD to get the advanced options, the box that surrounds all the options has a bigger curve on the corner than the highlight box. this causes the highlight to overlap and looks a little out. i would attempt to tweak it myself but i'm terrible in photoshop, lol.

also, does anyone know how to remove the countdown bar? i've tried removing the strings relating to it in the theme.plist but to no avail. i wasn't sure whether to go as far as deleting the graphics incase it screws with the bootloader.

thanks,

mass

@nebulOSX: gotta say, at the moment i think you're mod of alan carlos's skin's my favourite. i love default stuff so it's nearly perfect. noticed one little bug though... when you push down on a HD to get the advanced options, the box that surrounds all the options has a bigger curve on the corner than the highlight box. this causes the highlight to overlap and looks a little out. i would attempt to tweak it myself but i'm terrible in photoshop, lol.

When it comes to computers and UI setups, I am very "OCDish" .. haha, can't believe I didn't notice that! will work on it now, sir!

Ok, done... attached in my original alanlcarlos mod post.

Thank you VERY much nebulOSX. I love your boot camp theme, now all what's left is to install windows and linux to use the new boot loader.

Once again, thanks.

Dr. Hurt

Thank you VERY much nebulOSX. I love your boot camp theme, now all what's left is to install windows and linux to use the new boot loader.

Once again, thanks.

Dr. Hurt

Think of it as a thank you for the GMA950 graphics fix!

also, does anyone know how to remove the countdown bar? i've tried removing the strings relating to it in the theme.plist but to no avail. i wasn't sure whether to go as far as deleting the graphics incase it screws with the bootloader.

If you mean getting rid of it and just going straight to the boot menu screen, change the time out to zero in com.apple.boot.plist

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>0</string>