WUSB54GC: How to use new official driver & utility

Warstrong

299 posts in this topic

I tried everything in the thread and no dice. Heres my info for it

Product ID: 0x0077

Vendor ID: 0x1737 (Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Inst.)

Version: 1.01

Serial Number: 1.0

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Ralink

Location ID: 0xfd300000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 450

Maybe im missing something but i dont even get a apply on hte network status.

It's work on 10.5.7 iAtkos v7, I must install the Ralink 10 March 2009, then delete the kext RT2870 and get the new kext RT73USBWirelessDrive and put it in there, then go into Terminal and typed like this,

sudo -s (enter your password)

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/RT73USBWirelessDriver.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/RT73USBWirelessDriver.kext

cd /System/Library

rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

reboot

The method just as same as you on first page, this method will no work on 10.6 snow leopard. So sad. By the way I have bought the wg111 netgear to get it work on 10.6.2, I have heard this usb work on 10.6.2, I can't stand the slow of 10.5.7 iAtkos on hp dv 1017nr.

Thank you very much Warstrong and sorry abt my English, a Vietnamese trying to help people around :)

It's work on 10.5.7 iAtkos v7, I must install the Ralink 10 March 2009, then delete the kext RT2870 and get the new kext RT73USBWirelessDrive and put it in there, then go into Terminal and typed like this,

sudo -s (enter your password)

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/RT73USBWirelessDriver.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/RT73USBWirelessDriver.kext

cd /System/Library

rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

reboot

The method just as same as you on first page, this method will no work on 10.6 snow leopard. So sad. By the way I have bought the wg111 netgear to get it work on 10.6.2, I have heard this usb work on 10.6.2, I can't stand the slow of 10.5.7 iAtkos on hp dv 1017nr.

Thank you very much Warstrong and sorry abt my English, a Vietnamese trying to help people around :D

Thanks so much for reporting back :) I'm completely incapable of learning a second language but your English is very understandable so don't worry about it :)

hi I have an acer 5315 running on 10.5.7, i use to have the wireless with my wusb54gc (the grey one) but last week end my internet crashed i thought it was coming from my hackintosh so i decided to update the driver but i tottally messed up everything

now i cant remember how i made it work.

I tried everything in this post but no succes

when i try to instal the kext with kextload i have a message about permission, when i try to use kexthelper b7 I click install, then it promps to reboot and cross finger but 2 seconds later i have a message saying that the kext hasnt been installed properly...

i m running out of hope, it was working perfectly before and now I m stuck

here s the info i found on system profiler

Product ID: 0x0020

Vendor ID: 0x13b1

Version: 0.01

Manufacturer: Cisco-Linksys

Location ID: 0xfd100000

Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)

after trying all the methods the wireless utility still doesnt detect any device, I m dying to see the green status light beeping again lol.

Hope you can help me, if you need more info let me know

thank you

So far, I've tried using the version 1 and version 2/3 kexts with kext utility and the manual method. Rebooted multiple times as well as made sure to repair permissions every time, and unplugged/replugged quite often, and I still get the "No Device!!" message from the wireless utility. The light IS on for the device, but nothing recognizes it except under USB in the System Profiler.

Here's the info for my computer:

Hackintosh Snow Leopard 10.6.0

Compact Wireless-G USB Adapater:

Speed: Up to 480 MB/sec

Location ID: 0xfa500000

Current Required (mA): 300

Please let me know if you need any other info about the computer.

So far, I've tried using the version 1 and version 2/3 kexts with kext utility and the manual method. Rebooted multiple times as well as made sure to repair permissions every time, and unplugged/replugged quite often, and I still get the "No Device!!" message from the wireless utility. The light IS on for the device, but nothing recognizes it except under USB in the System Profiler.

Here's the info for my computer:

Hackintosh Snow Leopard 10.6.0

Compact Wireless-G USB Adapater:

Speed: Up to 480 MB/sec

Location ID: 0xfa500000

Current Required (mA): 300

Please let me know if you need any other info about the computer.

My WUSB54GC has the same vendor id and product id as yours. I got mine working under 10.6.2 by installing lastest official RT2500 driver (RTUSB D71w-1.3.0.0_UI-2.0.0.0_2009_10_30.dmg) and then manually added the product id and vendor id to the Info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/RT73USBWirelessDriver.kext/

Could someone help me please???

I tried to install

WUSB54GC_Version_1___Snow_Leopard.zip ( 793.84K )

WUSB54GC_Versions_2_3___Snow_Leopard.zip ( 1.24MB

I used Kernel Help because I'm a newbie of Mac World

I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6

My usb device is:

Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter:

ID prodotto: 0x0020

ID fornitore: 0x13b1

Versione: 0.01

Velocità: Fino a 480 Mb/sec

Produttore: Cisco-Linksys

ID posizione: 0xfd100000

Corrente disponibile (mA): 500

Corrente necessaria (mA): 300

Wireless Application says NO DEVICE :(

Thanks for your help!

UPDATE:solved with kennethinvest's kext!!!

My WUSB54GC has the same vendor id and product id as yours. I got mine working under 10.6.2 by installing lastest official RT2500 driver (RTUSB D71w-1.3.0.0_UI-2.0.0.0_2009_10_30.dmg) and then manually added the product id and vendor id to the Info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/RT73USBWirelessDriver.kext/

Could you upload your info.plist please??I've your same settings

thanks

Whats the root of my hard drive? you said : the beginning. but what does that mean? :(

PS ; could you make an example plz?

Whats the root of my hard drive? you said : the beginning. but what does that mean? ;)

PS ; could you make an example plz?

NVM, i got it :) ty

Mine worked with the last driver, but decided to update (stupid I know - if it ain't broke don't fix it!) and it has stopped working with the February 2010 versions. I reverted back to the older version of the ktext and it works again, but thought you might be interested to know.

Info:

OSX 10.6.2

Linksys WUSB54GC

802.11 g WLAN:

Product ID: 0x0077

Vendor ID: 0x1737 (Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Inst.)

Version: 1.01

Serial Number: 1.0

Manufacturer: Ralink

Location ID: 0xfa200000

Current Required (mA): 450

Someone Help!!

i have a:

Macbook Pro

Leopard 10.6.2

Linksys WUSB54GC

But, dont work, i try to install so many drivers, but doesnt work!!

The laptop does not recognize the device! "No Device!" and the LED doesnt light green.

Please HELP i cant use the Adaptor :S!

What can I do?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried some of the other solutions but still no luck, and can anyone else DL from those links? I have tried 3 different browsers so i know thats not the problem, are the links just dead?

Thanks

Mike

Thanks for posting- I uploaded a combined zip to Sendspace :wacko:

Hi i m looking for the kext for this USB adaptor too.

My version is 10.6, had tried kext version 1 posted, but no luck, the USB Dint light up and no device found.

I will try the version of feb n mar, hopefully it will work. But just in case, wat is the best kext for 10.6 and 10.6.2? Cos I will be doing update soon.

Thanks!

edit::

just tried installing WUSB54GC Versions 2-3, it works! install using kext helper b7, fire up wirelessutility, scan and will see the usb working!! dint even have to reboot, ha!

thanks warstrong!!

• 2 weeks later...

Great! Got it nearly working!

My only problem is:

-I open Ralink Wireless Utility

-I have to wait a few seconds. After that, the message No Device!! turns into Disconnected!!

-It shows a list of detected networks (including mine!), but when I select my network and click 'Connect', nothing happens.

Oh, and sorry for my bad english...

I'm just 14 years old, and from Holland :)

Great! Got it nearly working!

My only problem is:

-I open Ralink Wireless Utility

-I have to wait a few seconds. After that, the message No Device!! turns into Disconnected!!

-It shows a list of detected networks (including mine!), but when I select my network and click 'Connect', nothing happens.

Oh, and sorry for my bad english...

I'm just 14 years old, and from Holland :P

You're not the first person to have this problem... I don't know what the fix is, though :) I imagine it's the app's fault but I don't think an alternative exists :angel: Maybe try adding a profile and using that instead of just using the search, select, and connect method. If anyone has a fix for this, please share!