ATI Moblity Radeon HD 3650 on iDeneb 1.3

Sign_90

453 posts in this topic

Hey, I was just looking over some of my files, and looked at your kextstat to compare.  Just to fill you in on specifics - when I did that test (test 2) I created the zip from a combination of things.

1) I had re-entered several typos in the Natit file - it was one that had been done up for massive support, but somewhere along the line someone entered a whole bunch of wrong ID's - so I matched the relevent ones up with a vendor-id sheet I found on ATI's website.

2) 10.5.6 wasn't out yet, but a promising set of files including the new megalodon from 10.5.6 was released by Eps, the file I used was simply "ati new.zip" - unfortunately these were designed for 10.5.6 and would never allow the megalodon files to actually "load".  We had said back then it was very possible one of my three packages would work as soon as 10.5.6 came out, but it looks like you are the first to try it!

3) In december 10.5.6 files had been out and about (I had since stopped using osx, my machine was a render machine and I couldn't reformat just yet, I am still in the middle of a large video project - but will rush rendering of all the files I need if more people claim success to this method), and I released a modified version of the files for 10.5.6 by extracting them from an archive, I just looked at the megalodon version now, and they are exactly the same as the ones I modified way back in november, which means if someone had given me the 10.5.6 update package back then when I asked for it, we could have probably had this working then ><.

4) Finally, the rest of the files are "all" of the files that stood a chance in hell of pertaining to the ati cards in question, I wanted them all in one place in case someone had overlooked something, with simple edits done to make everything match up with the mobility 3650 card where needed.

Long story short, its a combination of many minor things that created "trial 2" - but most the most notable things affecting it seems to be installing 10.5.6 and letting my modified Natit in trial 2 call on megalodon for the proper card series.

--- PS ---

@ YannickD - does your computer have HDMI output? If not this could be a part of it.

If no one can get this to run as YannickD has, there is a "last resort" potential of getting his firmware and trying it on the dell studio, even though thats scary as hell on a laptop.

@ CrystalZak - did you try this after updating to 10.5.6, or were you trying on 10.5.5?

@fujilives

my laptop actually doesnt have hdmi output, it only has vga and svideo (do you think the svideo output will work? i might test this later today!) ... i remember that i cursed at toshiba for not putting a hdmi output in this laptop when i bought it but if thats why it works ... thanks toshiba :D

if you want my graphics firmware i can extract it and upload it somewhere as soon as somebody tells me how to do this  :hysterical:

@fujilives

my laptop actually doesnt have hdmi output, it only has vga and svideo (do you think the svideo output will work? i might test this later today!) ... i remember that i cursed at toshiba for not putting a hdmi output in this laptop when i bought it but if thats why it works ... thanks toshiba :D

if you want my graphics firmware i can extract it and upload it somewhere as soon as somebody tells me how to do this   :)

Not having HDMI out is bad news for the rest of us - it could very well be the reason yours is working and ours is not. I dont know if theres a way to disable HDMI from the bios entirely or not, but thats probably the only way we'd fix it if so ><.

Edit: check Aidass below for how to back up a mobility bios if it comes to that.

I think this will let ati users backup and update thier ATI bios, but I'm not sure how it all works on a 'mobility' chipset - since it is tied to the motherboard.  Backing it up will do you no harm, but someone else using it to flash thier video card would most likely be very bad for them.  It's possible the video bios is not able to be directly backed up or flashed to different stuff at all, as in, its simply part of your motherboard bios update, I honestly dont know.  Either way, this is last resort and should never be done unless you are absolutely desperate to see progress - since it could easily brick your laptop and make it so that when combined with rope, it becomes a decently portable boat anchor.

actually atiflash can't extract laptop vbios, use this method: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=182458

Not having HDMI out is bad news for the rest of us - it could very well be the reason yours is working and ours is not. I dont know if theres a way to disable HDMI from the bios entirely or not, but thats probably the only way we'd fix it if so ><.

Edit: check Aidass below for how to back up a mobility bios if it comes to that.

I have 3 computers at home with ATI HD 3200 (RS780), 2 laptops and 1 desktop.

The desktop and 1 of the laptops(from my brother) has hdmi, but mine doesn´t. (HP TX2510us)

If its the HDMI who let work, i may have hope in having QE/CI on my laptop? =]

If someone help me to mod the kexts for my card, I can test it and we may have the response if is HDMI the responsabile.

I tried to mod myself, but there is a lot of things that i still don't understand, so if someone can help me would be very great =]

My laptops' HD 3200 Device ID is: 9612.

No success with HD3450 mob- for the moment, I tried all day long with modded kexts (added 95C4 ID) based on working one on YannickD laptop,

I'm on 10.5.6, I deleted all ATIetc... kexts

All I have is blue screen or disco screen, Megalodon can not find datas and can not load properly :(

VGA out (when press fn f8) always work as with Vesa mode, even with blue screen or disco and always the same resolution as internal display

I don't have Hdmi cable so did not test this lineout yet...

>YannickD thanks for the kextstat

Hy all. i have also a TOSHIBA SATELLITE A300 (with radeon mobility hd 3650 512 mb....like YannickD) . it has HDMI, i have disabled the HDMI from bios and still the video card does not work ....i see blue screen (like on logon) and then it turns to yellow and changing colors. So in my opinion the HDMI it does not have anything to do with the failure of the kex. The problem is somewere else, we have to figure out....we are close......The key of the solution is in YannickD´s laptop (maby he did something when he installed the MacOSX....kernel that he use or the bios he used for pci detection)

It has HDMI, i have disabled the HDMI from bios and still the video card does not work ....i see blue screen (like on logon) and then it turns to yellow and changing colors.

While I hope you are correct, keep in mind that dissabling it from the bios might not make any difference.

@YannickD:

If you have all of your stuff backed up and are confident you can fully restore it - I have what might be a hefty request for you:  Please wipe the computer and start fresh.

You must realize there are MANY MANY MANY people who have this card and have struggled for a very long time to get it working, you are pretty much our only glimmer of hope we've had in ages!

1) try the installer that lastexile has made from my trial 2 zip.

If it doesnt work, we know the installer wont work for anyone, since it wont even work for you, the only known 3650 mobility in working order.

2) Go step-by-step and try to replicate the working system as you did previously.

Take good notes and report back, if you can replicate it, hopefully we can as well.

@fujilives

argh .... i hoped you would not tell me to do this :whistle:

i will do a new backup as i installed a few new programs,

and then i will wipe the harddrive !

but i'll have to download the 10.5.6 combo update first ,

so i wont be doing this tonight (thanks to my {censored} internet connection :( ).

expect it to be done by tomorrow evening!

Yannick if you have a external HD you could use that instead of wiping your entire HD or possibly find a partition manager and install a new copy on the newly created internal partition

this way you don't brick it

I will say the other night when playing with your 2nd trial fuji I got the mouse on the screen but everything else was quite obscure however I had to switch it to external and back through vga though. The weird thing was the mouse could go anywhere on the screen and the background was trapped in the top half of the screen

well before you wipe it, there is one more thing that could be of use:

In your extensions folder, Please copy:

-------------

ATINDRV.kext

ATIRadeonX2000.kext

ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle

ATIRNDRV.kext

Natit.kext

-------------

And put them in a zip file, and get them to me.  I could at least see what the final-files were when your stuff worked.

Thanks,

Fuji

@makepies:

lastExiles package is actually trial 2 (dont know if he modded it) plus the opengl.framework .

so just install 10.5.6 , install this , pray and report back :P

Well, I was going to do it tonight but for some twisted reason the 10.5.5 iAtkos install that I had on DVD all of sudden won't install (gives me a kernel panic even though I used it 20 times back in December and I haven't changed any BIOS settings since then and even though its' a clean format on a new drive. <sigh>) So I gotta wait about a week for the torrent to download before I can try it .... anyone know a faster method to get 10.5.6 than the torrent? I know you can't post here but can you point me to the fastest place to download or am I stuck waiting?

Hi,

@ YannickD : I recommand you to make a perfect clone of your working system on a partition (external or internal, doesn't matter) with Carbon Copy Cloner. If you use an external HD, after the cloning process you have to reinstall your bootloader (must be chameleon ?) with installer on the external HD, in order to be able able to boot on the external HD, and to be able to play around with the ATI kexts or pkg keeping the holy working system on mobility in a safe place...

@ IcemanPT : I never had black screen with my trials, only blue or disco one, you are maybe closer than you think, do you have an external line out (vga, hdmi, dvi ?) on your lapy ? if yes you should try to plug a display on it...

@makepies:

lastExiles package is actually trial 2 (dont know if he modded it) plus the opengl.framework .

so just install 10.5.6 , install this , pray and report back :)

@YannikD

Just to confirm - first you mentioned trial 2, but your link was to trial 1 - confirm which is correct?

[Correction - your link - the file is actually called 'test 1' - confirm that this package is the 'trial 2' you believe i should be testing?

Thanks.

last time i tried to updrade to 10.5.6 was 10 hours of work just to get my system back as it was on 10.5.5 since then i didnt try to upgrade because of the ATI Display failure. Fortunately i had all my data saved ...

I have a ATI HD Radeon 3650 fully working on my 10.5.5 but after i updated to 10.5.6 i was only able to boot in safe mode.

A normal boot ended in disco-style desktop.

after reading this i will try to update once more an try to install "trial2"... do you think i have a chance of getting my graphic card working in 10.5.6 ?

My Sys-Specs are:

Gigabyte EP35 DS3

6 GIG DDR2 RAM 800 MHZ

ATI HD Radeon 3650 512 MB

TB OF SATA-HDs

Kalyway 10.5.2 up to Retail 10.5.5

regards bullys

last time i tried to updrade to 10.5.6 was 10 hours of work just to get my system back as it was on 10.5.5 since then i didnt try to upgrade because of the ATI Display failure. Fortunately i had all my data saved ...

I have a ATI HD Radeon 3650 fully working on my 10.5.5 but after i updated to 10.5.6 i was only able to boot in safe mode.

A normal boot ended in disco-style desktop.

after reading this i will try to update once more an try to install "trial2"... do you think i have a chance of getting my graphic card working in 10.5.6 ?

My Sys-Specs are:

Gigabyte EP35 DS3

6 GIG DDR2 RAM 800 MHZ

ATI HD Radeon 3650 512 MB

TB OF SATA-HDs

Kalyway 10.5.2 up to Retail 10.5.5

regards bullys

I think you are talking about the desktop 3650, while this topic is dedicated to the mobility version. Or am I missing something here ;) ?