ATI Moblity Radeon HD 3650 on iDeneb 1.3

Sign_90

453 posts in this topic

Try the drivers here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4gfz6b

Remove all ATI drivers in Extensions first... and then use the ones provided there...

then cross your fingers becouse if you are lucky you will have an working 3650m and if not it just proves one again that the toshiba card is not like the other cards.

Hi there I'm new here decided to give it a shot and all that, I was wondering being new I'm not entirely sure what to do here, also there's talk of external monitors here, I have one but is there any way to get it to run on the laptop screen or a I stuck with having to use the external monitor?

Thanks in advance,

Coombes.

I also have a HP 8530p laptop (T9400, mobility HD 3650, devid 9591)

First I installed a driver package from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107526 but no success (garbage pattern on screen).

Then I installed this package from sendspace and right now I have full res switch, QE, CI, playing Doom3 on ultrahigh quality :-) but as you probably know, only on external VGA monitor. To activate external monitor I had to Fn-switch the active screen to external at BIOS/bootloader prompt first, to get the system to startup on the external screen instead of internal LCD (which would otherwise just go black after startup).

System profiler screenshot attached.

So the acceleration support is working, just to get this display recognition worked-out and I am a happy man. :-)

does internal work ?

Try the drivers here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4gfz6b

Remove all ATI drivers in Extensions first... and then use the ones provided there...

then cross your fingers becouse if you are lucky you will have an working 3650m and if not it just proves one again that the toshiba card is not like the other cards.

just tried it on my lenovo t500 with the 3650 and it just gave me a blue screen. no output via vga. i should be able to go back to working internal monitor (like it was before) via deleting natit and atix2000 kexts right? im going to try installing the desktop 3650 package then installing these kexts like yannick did once i get the internal monitor working again.

I dont know if I did this right, if I had to guess I'd say I did it wrong, this is my first edid entry.

I used phonix tool and moninfo and got the same string for both, so I took that string and exported it as hex, then converted from hex to base64 and entered the data into the plist. I am not on a mac right now (well technically I am, but on the windows side of things) but I can give you the relavant information I changed - if you are on a dell studio 17 you should try this and see if it helps - if not, I am too new to this edid thing to know if it stands a chance in hell of helping you - and thats if this is even done right or anything even remotely useful.

in the HD3600 key, scroll down to where it says <key>MVAD</key> - starting with that line, replace down to the bottom of that key with the following:

<key>MVAD</key>
						<data>
						PlyCAP+QAMoAAAAAAAAA
						AHwukAYwBzAAIAAaBDgE
						AwAGABoEkAYAAQAAAAAA
						AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
						AAAAAA==
						</data>							
						<key>LVDS,EDID</key>
						<data>
						AP///////wBMo0NUAAAA
						AAASAQOQJRd4Cof1lFdP
						jCcnUFQAAAABAQEBAQEB
						AQEBAQEBAQEB2ECANHGw
						LUAwIDYAb+YQAAAa2ECA
						NHGwLUAwIDYAb+YQAAAa
						AAAA/gBKMjc2Q4AxNzBD
						VAogAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
						AAYBCiAgAMY=
						</data>
						<key>device_type</key>
						<string>ATY,MegalodonParent</string>
						<key>model</key>
						<string>ATI Radeon HD 3600</string>
						<key>name</key>

Don't know if it will help anyone, but I wanted the information out there in case people needed to use it.

The EDID part with information for my internal lcd was:

AP///////wBMo0NUAAAA
						AAASAQOQJRd4Cof1lFdP
						jCcnUFQAAAABAQEBAQEB
						AQEBAQEBAQEB2ECANHGw
						LUAwIDYAb+YQAAAa2ECA
						NHGwLUAwIDYAb+YQAAAa
						AAAA/gBKMjc2Q4AxNzBD
						VAogAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
						AAYBCiAgAMY=

The <key>LVDS,EDID</key> I THINK is what is used to tell the framebuffer that its an LCD and that it should use the included EDID data. From reading I see that megalodon doesnt support LVDS so I dont think this will work, but again, I wanted this out there to see if I am on the right track and see if people could benefit from it.

Fujilives

After i have been looking somemore into this after the sucess from one more 3650m users i am still secpitc but not as much as before.. 

but i think Toshiba have done some cheap ass solution with the gfx on the A300... I havent been able to find any pictures of the A300 mobo online so i cant say how it is build If any of the A300 users that get the 3650 card to work dare to open the laptop and send me a couple of pictures of the mobo i will be wary happy... 

But i have a feeling that toshiba might be connection the internel screen to an dvi connector.. so the signal runs tru an converter. If this is the case it might explain why the only success are on thoshiba's... and that it will proberly only work on toshibas... What do your guys think about making a request after toshiba users in a new tread and here i think on toshiba users with 3450, 3650 and 3670 mobility cards... 

Hy !

I have Toshiba Satellite Pro P300-156 17" with ATI mobility HD 3470. I Install XXX x86 10.5.6 os on my laptop.

1.I install your kext for ATI 3650 - result no blue screen, logo freze.

2.I put in ATIx2000 plist my id 95c4 and Natit i change 3600 with 3470, change id.

Blue screen, pointer mouse and freeze. Hepl me! :angel:

p2063467tl1.th.jpg

Hy !

I have Toshiba Satellite Pro P300-156 17" with ATI mobility HD 3470. I Install XXX x86 10.5.6 os on my laptop.

1.I install your kext for ATI 3650 - result no blue screen, logo freze.

2.I put in ATIx2000 plist my id 95c4 and Natit i change 3600 with 3470, change id.

Blue screen, pointer mouse and freeze. Hepl me! :)

p2063467tl1.th.jpg

are you able to move the mouse pointer ? if you plug a external screen do you get a desktop '?

are you able to move the mouse pointer ? if you plug a external screen do you get a desktop '?

I put this in Natit :

</data>

<key>LVDS,EDID</key>

<data>

AP///////wBMo0NUAAAA

AAASAQOQJRd4Cof1lFdP

jCcnUFQAAAABAQEBAQEB

AQEBAQEBAQEB2ECANHGw

LUAwIDYAb+YQAAAa2ECA

NHGwLUAwIDYAb+YQAAAa

AAAA/gBKMjc2Q4AxNzBD

VAogAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAYBCiAgAMY=

</data>

<key>device_type</key>

<key>model</key>

<key>name</key>

ATI Mobility radeon 3470 works! No QE, but it's first step. Lastexile, fujilives, paranoiddk help me!

Ati kext+natit.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8d7c028...04e75f6e8ebb871

Well untill we know why the 3650 works on the toshibas there aint that much more we can do. You have to know one thing 3650 is just an minor update top the 2600 where the 3400 series is an brand new chip and that is going to make it harder. 

And if you dont reply to the questions then it will be really hard. 

Hewre i am thinking about this question:

Well untill we know why the 3650 works on the toshibas there aint that much more we can do. You have to know one thing 3650 is just an minor update top the 2600 where the 3400 series is an brand new chip and that is going to make it harder. 

And if you dont reply to the questions then it will be really hard. 

Hewre i am thinking about this question:

screenshot : artifacts :(

p2063474uv2.jpg

w1024.png

another screenshot:

p2063473sd5.jpg

w1024.png

I put this in Natit :

</data>							
						<key>LVDS,EDID</key>
						<data>
						AP///////wBMo0NUAAAA
						AAASAQOQJRd4Cof1lFdP
						jCcnUFQAAAABAQEBAQEB
						AQEBAQEBAQEB2ECANHGw
						LUAwIDYAb+YQAAAa2ECA
						NHGwLUAwIDYAb+YQAAAa
						AAAA/gBKMjc2Q4AxNzBD
						VAogAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
						AAYBCiAgAMY=
						</data>
						<key>device_type</key>
						<key>model</key>
						<key>name</key>

ATI Mobility radeon 3470 works! No QE, but it's first step. Lastexile, fujilives, paranoiddk help me!

Ati kext+natit.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8d7c028...04e75f6e8ebb871

wait what? This actually let your monitor work even though it was designed for my lcd? Is this supposed to happen? Maybe we need to put your specific edid in there? Am I even doing the EDID thing right? And I really dont know what MVAD is, I just left it there (debated replacing it with the lvds) because I figured whoever put that stuff in there before me is a {censored}load better at this stuff than I am.

EDIT: Actually wait, are you even using our Natit file? I know ours doesnt have 3470 - or the 3450 for that matter, listed in the natit file. You'd have to add:

<key>0xwhateveryouridis-I'll look it up later</key>
					<dict>
						<key>asic</key>
						<string>RV635</string>
						<key>entriesToAddKey</key>
						<string>HD3600</string>
						<key>name</key>
						<string>Mobility Radeon HD 3470(test)</string>
					</dict>

but with your ID, in place of where my scribbles are. I have to go scrape off my car and get to work - I'll look into it more there if I get time.

Well the devid for your 3470 is the same as my 3450 and I still get a garbled screen using your kext

I think this leads to Toshiba doing something different as far as interface

wait I need to pull my edid, he is on a 17" monitor and I am on 15" which is why Fuji your EDID worked for him

I will have to check into it

For sake of ease I'm changing some naming in natit stuff, so should someone get things loaded with any particular test, I'll be able to tell which ones worked in the system profiler.

All of my tests will not include the frameworks that go with them, its too hard for me to throw that stuff together at work with limited time - so for now, for all of these tests, install lastexile's package, and then, before you click restart, install these "test" kexts with the osx aplication 'kexthelper' as it will eliminate permission issues, then restart.

1) --> Lastexile's complied package of my november test 2 <--

2) --> fuji1 kexts <--

In this test, I added 3400 series and 3670 to the plist, so natit should control your cards now. I know I dont have it listed as M80etc series in the plist, but for the sake of testing I feel this is best right now, since our success with the current ones is the non mobility setup also.

There is something extremely screwed up that I did in this test, since someone expressed to us that the edid changes I made may have helped thier internal lcd show up, I decided to remove all the entries that I could see pointing to DVI / LCD displays and change th em -ALL- to LVDS the best I could, I have no idea what I'm doing with that stuff, so its sort of just me scewing around and hoping something works.

IDK, lots of screwed up stuff, give it a shot.

well you know me I am always ready to test anything you can throw at me..

will report back soon

Well It did not work for me.... Fuji I would like to send you a natit that LastExile sent me can you take a look at it and see if I am missing something on why my card does not load with it 3450M 95c4

Thanks, Mark

I went back and tried adding files individually and my system did not break until I installed the ATIRuntime Driver.bundle