ATI Moblity Radeon HD 3650 on iDeneb 1.3

Sign_90

453 posts in this topic

I think you are talking about the desktop 3650, while this topic is dedicated to the mobility version. Or am I missing something here :) ?

uuuppss... yes u are right :) my fault... was so excited about finding a solution here...

but does it matter ? mobility or desktop ?

i really need a solution for the HD 3650 desktop PCIe Card...

greets bullys

uuuppss... yes u are right :) my fault... was so excited about finding a solution here...

but does it matter ? mobility or desktop ?

i really need a solution for the HD 3650 desktop PCIe Card...

greets bullys

uhh ... yeah, it does matter. The devices are different. There is already some working desktop 3650s somewhere in the ATI thread. I read one yesterday. have a search for it.

uhh ... yeah, it does matter. The devices are different. There is already some working desktop 3650s somewhere in the ATI thread. I read one yesterday. have a search for it.

would be nice if you can send me the link to the thread...or do you mean this one ?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107526

i´ve read so much threads about it that i don´t know which thread you mean... there were also different drivers that were offered but no one worked for me..

greets bullys

Hi...

I connect my HP 8530p laptop to external monitor and now i can see my "Macos" by VGA connector.

i need help to put back the "Macos" to the internal monitor.

Hmm... very interesting, can you give us more details about your system and your hardware ?

Can you please make a Ioreg and kextstat ?

you are may be the second to have a working (or somewhat) 3650 mobility...

Hmm... very interesting, can you give us more details about your system and your hardware ?

Can you please make a Ioreg and kextstat ?

you are may be the second to have a working (or somewhat) 3650 mobility...

hmm, shouldn't he check to see if qe/ci is enables to check if he is not running on generic drivers?

Yes he should, a screen shot please!

On another hand it would be bizzare not to be able to run Vesa mode on internal display, on my laptop Vesa mode can send signal to Internal display, Hdmi or VGA in evry situation (blue screen, scramble screen, Kernel panic etc...)

At the moment i have put 3450M ID in Natit and ATIRadeonX2000.kext so my system can load them, I can also instal ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle but when i instal ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin and ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle I have scramble disco screen but can boot with -x and when I install all the kexts including ATINDRV and ATIRNDRV i got a blue screen and can not boot with any flag anymore.

post-290278-1233698480_thumb.png

Hi...Good and bad news..

I dont have internal monitor....black screen....with the VGA cable to external monitor....YES...i have image...good resolution i have 1680 x 1050 ....with hdmi to my samsung...no image....

Any ideias??

Please help me with the Ioreg command....

Let's see if I understood.

I installed iDeneb 1.3, so I have to upgrade to 10.5.6 and then try or find a a newer osx86 relaese.

Is it right?

In other words, it doesn't work with 10.5.5, right?

Right, it seems that way. You would need 10.5.6. I'm working on clean install of 10.5.6 right now, I'll be trying this driver fix for the mobility 3650 either tonight (if the install doesn't take too long) or tomorrow. In the meantime, if you can give it a shot, please do!

ok i got 10.5.6 installed, should i try the driver or wait for a more updated one for a qucker response?

Try the driver. I'll be doing the same soon as the clean install of 10.5.6 is done. Post back when you're done!

need people with 3650 mobility to install this and report back :D

Well, I tried the suggested ATI mobility HD 3650 fix ... sorry to say, no go.

Here is what I did

1. Clean install on newly formatted dedicated drive with MBR boot

2. Installed iPC 10.5.6 with minimal fixes/patches and no drivers

3. System booted fine, but no laptop keyboard, mouse ... no biggie, used USB plug-ins

4. Installed the package file you posted

5. Repaired permissions

6. Rebooted

Nothing - display still 1024x768 and no QE/CI

Did I miss something?

This morning I had a look in ATIRadeonX2000.kext executable with hexEdit and what I found is strange...

I found plenty of device ID in hex and of course the one for 3650 Mobility one in the 10.5.6 one, when I install it I can see : com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000 (5.3.6) in kextstat

But when I have a look in the kext YannickD uses, (according to his kextstat it's com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000 5.3.4) I don't find the 9591 device for 3650... :)

So, does that mean Device doesn't need to be in the executable ?

I suggest you to delete Natit and all the ATIetc... kext (even ATINDRV and ATIRNDRV) from S/L/E , then repair permissions, reboot and to try once again pkg or trial used by YannickD

Sadly, this didn't work either. But there is a comment in Yanniks' readme on the trial 2 package that mentions he had previously installed a desktop ATI HD package first, before installing these kexts. Perhaps a clean install, remove kexts, then install the HD3650 package, then the trial package might yield something. Unfortunately I'm out of time (and patience) for a couple of days but should have some time on the weekend.

Anyone else give this a shot yet?