ATI Moblity Radeon HD 3650 on iDeneb 1.3

Sign_90

453 posts in this topic

This morning I had a look in ATIRadeonX2000.kext executable with hexEdit and what I found is strange...

I found plenty of device ID in hex and of course the one for 3650 Mobility one in the 10.5.6 one, when I install it I can see : com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000 (5.3.6) in kextstat

But when I have a look in the kext YannickD uses, (according to his kextstat it's com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000 5.3.4) I don't find the 9591 device for 3650... :)

So, does that mean Device doesn't need to be in the executable ?

Yes and no. If the framebuffer is the same then it might not matter, putting the id's in the executable is only really important to if we arent using something like natit, which in this case, we are using a modified natit so it 'should' over-ride and choose the framebuffer etc on its own. But, just to elaborate, "theres no telling" to be honest, unless we can completely decompile the kext, which we really cant. I have several times hex-edited the files and replaced similar cards with the 9591 id's and have even had some success. My last big attempt was one where I did it to 10.5.6 drivers a couple days after they were released, just for the hell of it, at work. They seemed promising since there were so many references, but people said they didn't work, and since I didn't have osx86 installed anywhere I couldn't test myself.

In any case, the stuff is working, so the short answer to your question is simply "No, with natit the device doesn't need to be in the executable".

Ok, from there, - does anyone - some osx86 expert, have any clue how to enable the internal monitor, or "figure out" what needs to be changed, by using the external monitor to make the changes needed?

The card is working if he is able to get qe/ci on an external monitor, there is something called "laptopdisplay" that I think was designed to help your laptop detect its LCD, but I dont know how to work it - so I am hoping someone who does can stop in and give IcemanPT some assistance on that - if he can get his LCD going I might have to reinstall osx86.

I suggest you to delete Natit and all the ATIetc... kext (even ATINDRV and ATIRNDRV) from S/L/E , then repair permissions, reboot and to try once again pkg or trial used by YannickD

Ok, did that and still nothing - system crashes/hangs at boot - revolving gear hangs, no message, no response.

I booted back into -s and removed the ATI* and Natit* from S/L/E, then reboot and i"m back to default 1024x768.

For anyone that this working, had you previously tried the regular desktop lastExile's ATI HD3650 drivers - I didn't install those when I did my test. I just used YannikD's package ontop of a clean driver-less install.

Q1 - Using YannickD's files, I didn't need to search for device IDs or make any changes, given that we have the same card, right?

Q2 - Is it worth trying this : install HD3650 desktop drivers, then YannickD's kexts?

Q3 - how the heck do I get the boot CD to load faster! Takes like 6 or 7 minutes!

Thoughts?

Got internal working on 2400, just it reads external's EDID, so how overvrite EDID, @0,EDID;@1,EDID;LVDS,EDID isn't working

whohoho, you mean working QE/CI???? on internal??? Even if it's a 2400, I think it will be alright for 3450&3650 for example

If it's right could you explain us the EDID trick? Thank you so much !!!!!!

whohoho, you mean working QE/CI???? on internal??? Even if it's a 2400, I think it will be alright for 3450&3650 for example

If it's right could you explain us the EDID trick? Thank you so much !!!!!!

I wish you could explain it. Because of wrong EDID I get weird colors and wrong display size. Also I don't have backlight. Here's screenshot:

37839686.jpg

Can i help??? Anyone need more information about my config.?

Yes you can help, just give more details about your laptop (which one, what video line out etc...) and your OSX install (retail ? Ideneb ?) and if you remember what you have done specialy before installing LastExil PKG

It should help others

Thanks

just install package from lastexile for desktop, I used 2400 pci-e, connect you external display on dvi, switch off internal(fn+f8 twice) and wait till it loads, then external turns off itself and internal turns on

@Aidass

Does your 2400 work with this trick, internal ? What is with the backlight, resolution, QE,Ci, etc..?

I have qe/ci, don't know what's with backlight and I need to replace EDID.

hey guys , sorry i but i couldn't come back sooner , i was really sick for the last 2 days (well still am a little bit :) ) so i didn't do anything so far but i think i could do it today!

Hey, that ioreg that you've posted on 2nd page, you saved it when you were on internal or external display?

Yes you can help, just give more details about your laptop (which one, what video line out etc...) and your OSX install (retail ? Ideneb ?) and if you remember what you have done specialy before installing LastExil PKG

It should help others

Thanks

Hi!!

My laptop is HP 8530p with Mac Os Ideneb 10.5.5

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9400 (2.53 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB)

Intel Centrino 2 with vPro technology is a selectable feature that is available on units configured with an Intel WiFi Link 5300

15.4-inch diagonal WSXGA+ anti-glare (1680 x 1050 resolution)

Up to 32-bit per pixel color depth

VGA port supports resolutions up to 2048 x 1536 at 75 Hz, and lower resolutions at up to 100 Hz

HDMI 1.3 port supports direct connection to high-definition displays with up to 1920 x 1080 resolution and 7-channel audio with one convenient cable

800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; two slots supporting dual channel memory 4096 MB

High Definition Audio support w/24-bit DAC

Integrated stereo speakers

Integrated dual-microphone array

Touch-sensitive controls for volume up, volume down, and mute

Stereo headphone/line out

Stereo microphone in2 MP Webcam with Business Card Reader Software

• Supports videoconferencing and still image capture
  • Large image sensor for excellent color matching and good low light sensitivity
  • Up to 30 frames/sec
  • AutoMacro focus lens
  • Video capture at VGA, 1.3 Mpixel, and 2 Mpixel resolutions
  • 16-bit true color (camera sensors output YCrCb format among others)