10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

Board is fine, maybe you mixed up sth. with your DSDT ?

Asus p5k-e wi-fi, intel core2quad - CRASH! ;)

Same here, too. It does NOT overwrite SMBIOS, so it has to be sth. else ...

Just put superhai´s SMBiosResolver in your Extensions folder and you´re done.

Cheers

Goron

Update WORKS GREAT!!! 2 reboot and all WORKING!But ABOUTHISMAC INFO IF FAILTURE.No info of CPU...Graphics work !!

Same here, too. It does NOT overwrite SMBIOS, so it has to be sth. else ...

Just put superhai´s SMBiosResolver in your Extensions folder and you´re done.

Cheers

Goron

Goron, does that mean to use the kext helper to install smbiosresolver?

Initial setup:

10.5.5, chameleon v11, hardware as sig, complete vanilla except for: natit (for the Radeon, better power management than TRIAKIS + EFI), dsmos, smbiosenabler (I think from superhai), appleintelcpudisabler

Install steps: upgraded chameleon by using netas' latest boot file (from efi v9) then generated DSDT and placed in root folder.

Result: SUCCESS! ;)

Thanks to all the helpful, patient hackers out here.

Having a VERY bad time over here. I went off and foolishly updated without checking here first (given how painless the 10.5.5 update was), and things aren't looking good. I did not apply any updates to Chameleon (or the new PC_EFI), but my BIOS has been patched previously for the DSDT issues. I'm on an Asus Eee 901, which all but requires those updates.

On first boot post-update the following problems were present:

- Non-accelerated, 800x600 video only

- Keyboard/Mouse is not recognized

Attempting to reinstall the video drivers from my 10.5.5 install (AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer and AppleIntelGMA950) caused it to hang on the blue screen prior to login. Thank goodness for SSH, so I could reinstall the backup kexts and get back in. Also thank goodness for VNC, or I'd have no keyboard and mouse! Attempting to reinstall ApplePS2Controller.kext did nothing.

So... do these sound like familiar problems to the community here? Some really basic noobish thing I'm missing?

EDIT: Even worse! Tried to create the DSDT patch (fine) and install the new PC_EFI_v9 boot file (fine), and on reboot, it freezes at the spinny wheel. Dead as a doornail.

Here GA-EP35-DS3 (no DS3P) :

As every time:

- had to patch .plist of AHCI for internal HD icons (used part of old .plist copied overwrite new )

- i use dsdt for AppleHDA, so only need for add 2 entries in .plist of AppleHDAController + AppleHDAPlatformDriver - also used old part of ,plist and copied to new)

- using GFXEFIstring for ATI3850 (links to megadlon) - no changed needed

All working: Sound, QE/CI, LAN (using Psystar driver which isnt overwritten) :thumbsup_anim:

hmmm...maybe some help needed. posting from my laptop atm cuz desktop didnt take update so well. it dl, I hit restart, it started installing...then at 56% it just froze. can't move mouse, nothing. Been a few minutes now...still at 56%.

I had chameleon, I swapped it out with efi v9, then did the patch thing. original install was from an ideneb 1.3 disc.

uuid: your ati card work on 10.5.6 with Qe and CI ?

Yes, it does. Using natit, kextstat | grep -i at lists:

67 0 0x7f665000 0xb8000 0xb7000 com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000 (5.3.6) <58 57 17 12 7 6 5 4 2>

74 0 0x7f792000 0x7a000 0x79000 com.apple.kext.ATY_Lamna (5.3.6) <58 57 18 17 6 5 4 2>

Good luck

-u

uh...so I got impatient and restarted it manually...next time it got to the loader, then restarted again. this time it booted up and my "about mac" says 10.5.6. how do I check to see if it actually updated correctly?

THANKS!!!!BUT !!! do i must to download a larger update?or it's fine?

should be fine..havent read otherwise yet

uh...so I got impatient and restarted it manually...next time it got to the loader, then restarted again. this time it booted up and my "about mac" says 10.5.6. how do I check to see if it actually updated correctly?

Did the same to me on my test machine I am just going to download the combo update for 10.5.6 and apply it to the install you may want to try the same, then it is time to clone my main machine to its backup drive and try it.

http://support.apple.com/downloads

okay, i need your guys opinion:

i installed the update, and it hung at 60 percent for a few minutes. frustrated, i shut it off, thinking i'd just restore from time machine. i rebooted, and after trying to load leopard the system restarted itself.

but...

i rebooted again with -v -x safe mode flags on, and it loaded! i then restarted normally and it says it's 10.5.6, with FULL QI/CE on my NVIDIA 7600 GO.

my question is: if it loaded and seems to working fine (i'm posting from it right now), do you think everything installed fine and the 60 percent hang-up was just a weird error? I mean...shouldn't I be getting kernel panics now?