Need OS 9

adamworthy

13 posts in this topic

Depends what brand of CD. Some work pretty good. others not. I can't remember the brand that was recommended -- google around.

I suppose you've found the CD version of Tiger?

FWIW The VLC site " There never was or will be a version for OS9"

I have a Mac OS 9.2 CD that is specifically for iMac G3, I can send you that and a bunch of other CDs I got with my iMac (AppleWorks, Nanosaur, Cro-Mag Rally, Bugdom, Mac OS 10.0.4 Install Disc, 4 CD Set of Restore Discs, Mac OS 8.1 Restore Disc, Apple Hardware Test, bunch of stuff)

• 2 months later...
Hi, does anyone know where I can find a retail copy of OS 9 for my iMac g3 so I can install OS X?

Needs to be able to be shipped to the UK. The only one I found was over £50 including postage :) .

Thanks for any help.

Tiger should install on a G3. My mom has a G3 with Tiger without an issue. If you already own OSX Tiger disk, maybe you can download OS9 off of TPB. I don't know if I am allowed to post links to such, so I wont for now, but I seen one with a good 100+ seeders. You could have the iso in half an hour or so.

Tiger should install on a G3. My mom has a G3 with Tiger without an issue. If you already own OSX Tiger disk, maybe you can download OS9 off of TPB. I don't know if I am allowed to post links to such, so I wont for now, but I seen one with a good 100+ seeders. You could have the iso in half an hour or so.
Tiger is on now, but I needed to update the firmware before I could install OS X so needed to put OS 9 on first and all the copies i've tried on the pirate bay won't boot on the G3. I bought a retail copy and it worked perfectly.