HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

How did you solve the backlight issue?

I can change brightness on my 6710b with my dsdt but I have the screen darkened at one side. The slider works correctly for the between 90 and 100 % brightness but then turns off one of the two backlights.

I need to use MacBook Air 2,1 settings otherwise the graphics are screwed up in 1680x1050

MB3,1 in smbios.plist does not work.

This variant of PC EFI V10.6 courtesy by the Master Prasys, is wonderful. Added the UUID and "restarfix" from Rekursor, I mind no need anymore extensions for reboot/shutdown, and PlatformUUID for repair permissions, also other and all fixes like full radeon support from the original boot by netkas.

Note: The shutdown fix DSDT hack code you can find it in current thread, and the instructions for replace the binary "boot" file, and to add the restart flag are HERE. Good luck with the Spanish language jejeje. Bye.

I have the following Laptop

Core2Duo T5800 (2.0Ghz) , 800Mhz FSB, 3GB RAM, Intel PM45, ICH9-M, NVidia 9200M GS, Realtek 8168c network, Broadcom 4315 wireless, IDT Audio.

And i need some serious help with patching my DSDT to install SL.Firstly i have no clue as to how to do it.I downloaded the ACIP patcher and in that i get many errors like unable to open file,DSDT.dsl not found etc......SO pls can you help me and tell me what i am doing wrong.

Also can you tell me which is the best bootloader to use i am very confised with the whole EFI and Cameleon bootloader thing...

Thanks alot

• 2 weeks later...

... continuation from post 133.

UPDATE:

- DSDT much less code (full commented).

- Added native SATA device code (from Macbook 3.1), instead (commented) the original HP BIOS (ACPI) code. I feel more stable boot process and system performance.

- All previous enhances.

- .AML Difference in KB: 29KB (the present one) vs 33KB (the previous one).

AML Output: /Users/juanerson/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/./dsdt.aml - 26722 bytes, 780 named objects, 2551 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 979 Optimizations.

Good Luck.

Hi,

i ask again how did you fix the brightness control. I use the dsdt from the 6710b thread and try to fix the brightness control, one side of the screen gets dark. Brightness is control unevenly.

I tryed latest PCEFI 10.6 and the modified version from juanerson but it does not help.

Do i need any additional flags??

Drivers are totally vanilla, no dev id added

Any ideas how to fix brightness control?

Sorry but,

What you talking about? SSDT tables? What is your problem with the T2390? Because my DSDT.aml w/o SSDT (specific processor) should be works for you... and any HP Compaq 6720s, of course is important the other detail, that is if you have the X3100 variant 2A12, you need modified graphics extensions. Bye.

the main trouble is the 10.6 installation causes kernel panic

4399860690_75ef3a765e.jpg

either with changing IOATAFamily.kext and other kexts from HP6720s_SLPack.zip, either not.

DSDT hasn't change situation

As I can see at the bottom of the screen there is

Mac OS

not set yet

That's your problem. Search the forum on that it's common mistake.

hi again, guys. maybe somebody stuck me to the right way.

finally i made 3 partitions: Snow, Leo, Win7.

installed iAtkos (10.5.7) to Leo, 10.6 to Snow. Replaced IOATA kext. Rebooted into 10.6. All the things were alright.

Created "Exrta" folder at the root of Snow and put there DSDT.aml from DSDT_28122009_SHUTDOWNFIX_PNOT_SSDT_JUANERSON.zip (95.69K).

Rebooted to 10.6 and saw "still waiting...".

After it I rebooted into 10.5.7 and remove "Extra" folder, but "still waiting.." did not disappear.

4400850263_877f44a2e1.jpg

Where do I mistake, help please.

hi again, guys. maybe somebody stuck me to the right way.

finally i made 3 partitions: Snow, Leo, Win7.

installed iAtkos (10.5.7) to Leo, 10.6 to Snow. Replaced IOATA kext. Rebooted into 10.6. All the things were alright.

Created "Exrta" folder at the root of Snow and put there DSDT.aml from DSDT_28122009_SHUTDOWNFIX_PNOT_SSDT_JUANERSON.zip (95.69K).

Rebooted to 10.6 and saw "still waiting...".

After it I rebooted into 10.5.7 and remove "Extra" folder, but "still waiting.." did not disappear.

4400850263_877f44a2e1.jpg

Where do I mistake, help please.

Pablo_Escobar, basics things about you KP, and any KP, Know to read them, of course you need to install chameleon 2RC4 blablabla, and then:

First: AppleIntelPIIXata: You not have installed this extension or dont know how install any extensions with kextutility 2.4.2 (/S/L/E of course). The DSDT.aml you need is the last one from post 156.... because have IOATA Fix, I mind for the vanilla extension ok, you dont need the modified one IOATAFamily.kext.

Second: USBF: USB problems, because the System OSX not recognize it from the very bad BIOS that we have in ours/any HP-Compaq have this problem, again you need the DSDT.aml loaded from /Extra or / for properly wake up of the USB ports in Snow Leopard.

Third: Investigation and Preparation, because if you are lazy, this (hackintosh) is not for you friend... Bye.

Hey guys,

did someone of you noticed bad keypad performance? like lousy pointer focus, or clicking not responding at once? I've been having this problems but when I use the mouse everything works fine...

Which drivers are you using for the keypad/keyboard?

Hi BlackCH, Nice to see you. I did always use the attached variant into the .zip recompiled by Dong of VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, both extensions installed at same time with kextutility 2.4.2 (cVaD)... and VoodooPS2.prefPane for TrackPad, no problems here... Good Luck. Bye.

VoodooPS2_Dong_32_64.zip

Hi BlackCH, Nice to see you. I did always use the attached variant into the .zip recompiled by Dong of VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, both extensions installed at same time with kextutility 2.4.2 (cVaD)... and VoodooPS2.prefPane for TrackPad, no problems here... Good Luck. Bye.

Muchas gracias! Los probare a ver si me solucionan el problema. Saludos

Ok guys, since the 10.6.3 update is delaying a little, I want to explain how you can get Native SpeedStep in 10.6.2 (maybe will works later too) just following this excellent guide, courtesy: Silencers. Recommended for Core2Duo processors:

Important advise note: This is "ONLY" for 10.6.2 exclusively. And is based in a "injection method", I mind we need a legacy extension for this functionality. All you want to know about the creation of the "injector" is in above guide, and resources (speedstep extension and more) in the attached .zip file.

Summary:

1) Remove any speedstep extensions, like voodoopower. And load (install) the vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (of course you need to remove any disabler too, like NullCPU). Note: If you use DSDT.aml (HPET fix), do not should be a problem running this extension, and during boot process (-v) will to say "Initialization Complete".

2) Put the "smbios.plist" in /Extra: This make a "profile" for our laptop, we need to make a FAKE MODEL, I chose MacBook3,2. Please if you do not need the others parameters for processor and memory you can erase it. Just in my case "I need it", but are "OPTIONALS". Complementary information courtesy: Prasys.

3) In /Extra/Extensions put the injector file "Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook31.kext". The file code is structured by the combination of the MacBook3,1.plist and from the resources folder of the vanilla ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext. The MacBook3,1 is the most closer model to the HP-Compaq 6720s and similar.

4) Rebuild /Extra/Extensions.mkext with Kext Utility 2.4.2 by cVaD, cross your fingers and reboot.

5) Now we can use the IORegistryExplorer.app for check in ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin section, CPUPLimit 0x0, CSTInfo 0x1240105, PerformanceStateArray (numbers of factory processor p-states). You can compare it with my IOreg file into the attached one. Congratulations, you have native SpeedStep.

Note: The SpeedStep can be monitoring now (because you have a MacBook Profile) with CoolBook 2.16 Snow Leopard Support, also you can see (preferences) the temperature and voltages changes in menu bar.

Additional useful information about the optional resources into the .zip attached one:

1) DSDT.aml For any CPU (/Extra) - dsdt.dsl is the base for modifications: I think is the ultimate for me, in the .dsl is commented the code related to SSDT tables for my T5470 customs p-states and perfect undervolting (FID-VID) values (post 115), you can use it for reference, also are reflected in my IOReg. The DSDT devices has been reorganized closer to MB3,1-MB4,1 DSDT, the CPU section inside the Scope PR, and littles but effective changes in HPET and RTC thanks to Master Chief. All previous enhances (post 133 and post 156).

AML Output: /Users/juanerson/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/./dsdt.aml - 26602 bytes, 778 named objects, 2535 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 973 Optimizations.

2) OSXRestart (V1.5c) (/E/E): Post 127.

3) AppleACPIThermal (/E/E): Fan control and thermal zones IOReg entries. Replacement of the same prior extension in the vanilla folder /S/L/E. BTW, only works in 32 Bits (arch=i386). Courtesy: Prasys.

4) fakesmc (V2.5) (/E/E) - Re-fake jajaja: I think is need it for coolbook because related to firmware (Apple.com) or something like that, maybe not. Has been edited by me accord to real MacBook3,1 profile and hardware information, because you can see in IOReg in SMC section: compatible "smc-santarosa", and smc-version "1.24f2". Courtesy: Prasys.

Good Luck, and please I hope comments. Bye.

Continue in post 193 (10.6.3 update support)...

speedstep_and_more.zip

Bravo and thank you. You and Blackch made HP 6720s (HP 550) the best and cheapest macbook ever.

But, have you seen Cartri thread on moding the bios of gigabyte MB. Maybe it will be an inspiration for different aproach to improve the hack from HP 6720s. I've noticed that several times is mentioned that HP has an awful bios. Is there any chance to make it better or more compatible?

Thank you friend, I wanted to patch and flash the bios (SLIC 2.0 to 2.1 for win7), but after research I know that is NOT possible, because is a phoenix... very bad structured HP bios... for that reason the corrected DSDT.aml is the ONLY way that we got for now in OSX, and of course always to exist the possibility to make it better or more compatible, like you said. Please sorry for my English.

Thank you friend, I wanted to patch and flash the bios (SLIC 2.0 to 2.1 for win7), but after research I know that is NOT possible, because is a phoenix... very bad structured HP bios... for that reason the corrected DSDT.aml is the ONLY way that we got for now in OSX, and of course always to exist the possibility to make it better or more compatible, like you said. Please sorry for my English.

I had a a chance (my daughter let me ) to play with my HP Macbook, and, of course i immediately tried your speedstep guide and YES. This is real speed step. I've checked with coolbook and finally everything works like it should.

Thanks again juanerson.

You are welcome smilenkovski, native speedstep is much better than any other driver like voodoopower or app like coolbook. I have at least 100 points plus in geekbench... 2435 (32 bits). And via DSDT (SSDT) I have my custom p-states undervolting (FID-VID), does make me temperatures never up to 60C at full load, and 47-50 idle. Thanks for feedback.

Thanks for those files! They work very well. The system is more responsive and the temperatures lower than using coolbook.

Now, I have a doubt about converting VID minivolt values, 'cause when you use p-stata calulator app it gives you numbers like 35000, and I dont think these values represent minivolts (they would be to high).

Can you tell me how did you go when converting VID values to HEX?

...Lets say I want to set the vid to 0.9500 V, how do you do it?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I got the voltages I wanted by lowering the VID hex value by one until I get the right one...