HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Yes, if you don't have dsmos.kext the DVD can't load.

Ok I have made a clean install with boot-132, but I get the same issue only half display dimmed.

Can you check which LCD panel do you have? (use pcwizard in windows)

Also How do you get DSDT.aml? cause on my 6720s I can't get it... I've tried with -f switch but I get something that don't work and don't boot...

Also... with the dsdt of this thread I've got sleep workin'!!!!!!!!!

I ask you another thing I've a D945GCLF motherboard with ATOM 230 and I use the boot-132 method to make a clean install but is not like the 6720s If I launch an installer(also cahmeleon DFE for hd) it answer to me "You cannot open the application installer because it is not supported by the architecture".... I've tried with different SMBIOS but I really don't know... with Kalyway 10.5 this has never happened.

another thing about boot-132 the extension in the extra folder are "enabled" only for Install? for examle I can add to extra folder of boot-132 AppleAzaliaAudio and I have sound working? because I've tried and this doesn't work for me copying on the real Extension Folder works but not in the Extra of Boot-132

Thanks.

Ok I have made a clean install with boot-132, but I get the same issue only half display dimmed.

Can you check which LCD panel do you have? (use pcwizard in windows)

Also How do you get DSDT.aml? cause on my 6720s I can't get it... I've tried with -f switch but I get something that don't work and don't boot...

Also... with the dsdt of this thread I've got sleep workin'!!!!!!!!!

I ask you another thing I've a D945GCLF motherboard with ATOM 230 and I use the boot-132 method to make a clean install but is not like the 6720s If I launch an installer(also cahmeleon DFE for hd) it answer to me "You cannot open the application installer because it is not supported by the architecture".... I've tried with different SMBIOS but I really don't know... with Kalyway 10.5 this has never happened.

I'm unable to check what display I have in Windows, I only have OSX installed on my laptop. If you know a way to check this on OSX, I'll gladly help.

I wasn't able to patch my own DSDT as well as BlackCH. I got a good DSDT from another forum user who has an older BIOS on his 6720s. That's the DSDT were using now, after BlackCH made some fixes to it.

For me the DSDT didn't fix sleep, it already worked for me on vanilla install. It did fix my lid, my laptop goes to sleep when i close it!

I wouldn't know how to fix your installer problem on the Atom board, guess you could open a new topic about it.

another thing about boot-132 the extension in the extra folder are "enabled" only for Install? for examle I can add to extra folder of boot-132 AppleAzaliaAudio and I have sound working? because I've tried and this doesn't work for me copying on the real Extension Folder works but not in the Extra of Boot-132

Thanks.

To get the audio kext loaded from EFI partition, you need to give it a higher version in the plist, or give it a higher ioprobescore. If you don't the OS tries to load the original kext as they are a higher version.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
Update 29-12-2008

I've manage to add quite a lot of fixes on the DSDT.aml file: UHCI, EHCI (proper sleep), backlight control, Ethernet fix (for timemachine, filesharing, etc), GFX (proper x3100 DSDT entry), PWRB (powerbutton device entry)....

BlackCH,

I'm currently trying to get both cores to work on my HP530 notebook. I've been trying for a while now.

I think I've found that on this particular notebook (and probably many more) the SSDT tables are messed up. I've modified the GetDSDT.sh script so that it can extract the SSDT tables. I've also modified the chameleon DSDT bootloader so that it can replace and load SSDT tables from the root folder. The only problem is that I've not got working SSDT tables to compare with.

I would be gratefull if you could share your working SSDT tables with me so I can hopefully fix the dual core problem with the HP530 notebook.

I've attached a zip file with a folder containing the iasl tool and the script to extract the SSDT tables.

To run just uncompress the attachment, with Terminal cd into the folder and run:

./getSSDT5.sh

There should be multiple tables, I've attached the 5 tables from my notebook. This can also help people to understand P-States, T-States and C-States.

Thanks, if you can help!!

ssdt_tools.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

First of all, thank you Blackch for the dsdt file so I got my brightness working. (I have a HP550, X3100 2A12)

With all the last kext (1.5.36), my display got dimmed half part darker as the others.

So I installed the FB.kext version 1.5.18 as I read it didn't give the invalid display error, but I was stucked at a blue screen, and with the Natit.kex gma 950 (laptop) efi string from osx86tools t my laptop succed to boot, but the display wakes totally unlight.

But my brightness control is ok, without the half part darker and works totally, well I have to use the function flip prefpane.

The only thing is that my card is now seen as a gma950 but it's not important.

• 2 weeks later...

hp Compaq 6720s: Centrino Duo Core™2 Duo T5870 (2000/800/2048), i965GM, 2048Mb DDR2, 160Gb HDD, DVD-Writer, TFT 15,4" WXGA, FaxModem, LAN, 3xUSB 2.0, WiFi, BT, Windows Vista HB (KE115EA)

tried dsdt.aml with chameleon but ApplHPET did not started. Did anybody get AppleHPET started?

Any guys with AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement working?

hp Compaq 6720s: Centrino Duo Core™2 Duo T5870 (2000/800/2048), i965GM, 2048Mb DDR2, 160Gb HDD, DVD-Writer, TFT 15,4" WXGA, FaxModem, LAN, 3xUSB 2.0, WiFi, BT, Windows Vista HB (KE115EA)

9.5.1 kernel vanilla

Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Am I doing something wrong? I have a 6820s and I open this zip and place both files in the root. When I restart in -v I get part way then the laptop freezes. I don't remember what it siad and I have now removed it.

Update 29-12-2008

I've manage to add quite a lot of fixes on the DSDT.aml file: UHCI, EHCI (proper sleep), backlight control, Ethernet fix (for timemachine, filesharing, etc), GFX (proper x3100 DSDT entry), PWRB (powerbutton device entry)....

Download:

6720s_DSDT_Fixed.zip

I have an HP 6720s and Im trying to fix the DSDT to be able to run the next 10.5.6 apple update (it seems without this fix will be difficult to do it). This fix enable the possibility of loading AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleRTC.kext (10.5.6 version) without kernel panics and without any disabler kexts. Beside that with a bit of experimenting you can edit thermal zones (when the fan goes on and off), backlight control, etc....

You can read about here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683

The problem is that Im running the lastest BIOS and it has something very wrong with its DSDT tables. You can dump the data but you can not compile it back; It seems is incomplete (FxxK HP!). I also got a F.01 BIOS dsdt dump (google) but although it seems complete it doesnt compile neither (different errors).

If any of you having OSX running on one of this machines could help me will be great. It will take just 5 minutes

Go to the first post on the link above and download the DSDT patcher (last version). unzip it on the desktop and navigate to the folder

/desktop/DSDT Patcher1.0.1d/Tools/

open Terminal.app type

cd /Users/yourname/desktop/ [enter]

and then drag the

getDSDT.sh file into the terminal and press enter again.

This should generate a dsdt.dat file on your desktop. Zip it and post it here (please also include the BIOS version). Hopefully in older BIOSes this dsdt error wont be present (Im pretty sure about F.05 and F.07 versions; someone at ubuntu's forum mod his- Tryed to contact him, no replay yet). Then we will be able to generate a custom dsdt file to use with the coming upgraded chamelon version (dsdt override version) compatible with all tree models disregarding which bios is running....

You can also try to patch it yourseves with fassl patcher; please attach the results

Thanks everyone

• 1 month later...
Am I doing something wrong? I have a 6820s and I open this zip and place both files in the root. When I restart in -v I get part way then the laptop freezes. I don't remember what it siad and I have now removed it.

You're using 10.5.7. This DSDT DOESN'T work in 10.5.7, only in 10.5.6

Hi,

First of all, thank you Blackch for the dsdt file so I got my brightness working. (I have a HP550, X3100 2A12)

With all the last kext (1.5.36), my display got dimmed half part darker as the others.

So I installed the FB.kext version 1.5.18 as I read it didn't give the invalid display error, but I was stucked at a blue screen, and with the Natit.kex gma 950 (laptop) efi string from osx86tools t my laptop succed to boot, but the display wakes totally unlight.

But my brightness control is ok, without the half part darker and works totally, well I have to use the function flip prefpane.

The only thing is that my card is now seen as a gma950 but it's not important.

thanks for the tip, my brightness is working now, have you managed to find a fix to the issue of display waking up totally unlight?

Also, can someone help me with the audio drivers, only speaker output working at the moment, i cant get headphone jack to work.

HP 550 core 2 duo 1.8

running osx retail 10.5.7

Hi Guys, I only wanted to comment to all those read this post that now I have native speedstep following this guide of the great Pere: Evosx86team. Please see my sign for the specifications of my laptop. My results are excellents, the temperatures cannot be better. I hope this helps to everyone and let us to know its experiences. Thanks.

23/08/09: Hi, I want report problems with sound, restart and shutdown after native speedstep... In fact, the bad bios structure from hp bios is the cause, thas why Im back to IntelEnhancedSpeedStep.kext (1.4.0) of mercurysquad.

Hi Guys, I only wanted to comment to all those read this post that now I have native speedstep following this guide of the great Pere: Evosx86team. Please see my sign for the specifications of my laptop. My results are excellents, the temperatures cannot be better. I hope this helps to everyone and let us to know its experiences. Thanks.

23/08/09: Hi, I want report problems with sound, restart and shutdown after native speedstep... In fact, the bad bios structure from hp bios is the cause, thas why Im back to IntelEnhancedSpeedStep.kext (1.4.0) of mercurysquad.

does sleep work with speedstep by mercurysquad?

Sincerely, I have not tested. I know this: Voodoopower + (Thireus) = works. Well, IntelEnhancedSpeedstep.kext + (Thireus) = ??? I think Maybe KP in perspective, maybe not.

VoodooPower + SleepEnabler doesnt work for me, my screen switches off but the fans and led's are still running. Thireus says if sleep wasnt working prior to 10.5.8 it wont work and since sleep never worked for me, that doesnt help much.

Hi friends, I want to report some things:

First, Please read about native speedstep method by Pere (in spanish, but not complicated): Evosx86Team. Second, please see this apple models table (cpu/graphics): THe KiNG. I use the MacBook4,1 profile with CPU and mem changes accord to my system configuration, in my case do the job very well. For stepping view I recomend MSR Tools, which is a helpfully monitor program (dont work for me cpu-x and hardware monitor). I report that MacBookAir1,1, Macbook3,1 and MacBookPro3,1 profiles works excellent in stepping, but i got “stuttering” problems, dont resolve anything the flag: idlehalt=0. Well, also works: MacBook2,1, MacBook5,1 (100% w/o legacy kext, see others supported models: info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext), MacBookPro2,2 and MacBookPro4,1 profiles. Now, you can probe with this eight differents options, for better compatibility choise. I hope this helps to everyone and let us to know its experiences. Good luck... Please, Sorry for my so bad English :D .

PD: dakku, maybe works Sleep without Enabler kext, just with this vanilla method.

my sleep is finally working!! to b honest i didnt do nothing to it, this time i was just patient, earlier when i closed my lid my fans and lights were still running, but last night after my gf shut my laptops lid while arguing i later realised that it was actually sleep! :( i guess i just had to be patient with it, give it a around 10 seconds after u close the lid and the fans will stop running and it will finally be asleep.