HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

The following two devices are not present in your dsdt:

MCEH = MacPro3,1 feature for rebooting PC on power failure.

SMS0 = Part of AppleSMC.kext (SMCSMS...).

This is relevant? I mind, you see any association (tree) of those devices (MCEH and SMS0) in ioregistryexplorer? Can you share your dsdt.dsl please? Thanks.

I don't have those on my dsd, but at least i think MCEH is important because we use the function "restore power on power failure" activated to make sleep work (or at least we had it). If we fix this device (we're using Mackbook 3.1 SMBIOS so OS X expects this device) we might get some advance on it.

I guess... SMBIOS not only helps our CPU but also makes OS X expect some devices that might not be present on our notebook/ have some different name. There are still some dveices that haven't been decoded on our DSDT, you can see those as they have still C**** names.

In fact i haven't gone through this, just only guessing.

Guys could you explain please why I have lags of system with VoodooPower on my HP6720s?

I remove it and all is ok.

Hi, I recommend CoolBook2 instead voodoopower, please read my post up and the first post by BlackCH, CoolBook is better, even native speedstep. Of course, also you should be use the new BlackCH DSDT and MB3,1 profile (smbios.plist). Bye.

I must add that with native SpeedStep APCIBatteryManager vanilla isn't working fine. After 10 minutes of heavy CPU usage (running VM) it shows me the battery is at 50% but if i close the VM it'll go up to 75% or so.

Also, it doesn't caluclate times correctly as it's changing all the time (I suppose that depends on CPU usage) but the battery goes up and down -that's not the way it should be.

I've still not got enough time to mess up with CoolBook (I've got a T7250 - like BlackCH).

What i've clearly noted is that. though my battery lasts less than 50% from what it did in Windows, my Notebook is cooler even with heavy CPU usage - it won't go as high as it went on Windows.

Hi, Im now testing voodoobattery from Superhai, goes fine. Hey guys, any update about sleep - AppleACPIThermal.kext issues? Thanks in advance.

Edit: voodoobattery give me randoms KP in boot, from /E/E and S/L/E. Im back to AppleACPIBattery.

In my oppinion we should wait for 10.6.2 as it comes with 64bit X3100 drivers, and as I said Apple's having issues with X3100 MB and their brightness so i hope they'll solve it somehow and we'll get on how to do it on our notebooks.

As for the DSDT full fixed, i don't believe it. If it was full fixed it should recognize a PCI slot as internal modem and you could apply the default v.92 settings that work with this device.

Anyone has a log of their sleep? It might be a good idea on loading a kext that outs via IORegistry what happens with each kext/device so that we can get to the problem immediately.

EDIT: Give it a try: http://myhpmini.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=...tart=120#p14199

BTW: I've noted that actually PS2 trackpad goes perfectly, i'll apply some patches to VoodooKeyboard to fix our multimedia keys (HPQ0006 as it's said on the ACPI - But this is only for Windows).

Thank you very much BlackCH!

With help from your DSDT and driver package, I can get a (almost) fully working Compaq 610!

I attached the extra kexts I used and the modified DSDT for 610.

Inside the zip:

dsdt.aml - You can use this DSDT directly if you are using Compaq 610

dsdt.dsl - Modify it if you need to

VoodooBattery.kext and VoodooPower.kext - Just most current version

ethernet/88E8042update.bash - Use it to patch stock AppleYukon2 to have LAN working

For display, PS2 and sound just use the drivers from BlackCH package.

However there is one issue, sometimes the X3100 driver fails to show the screen, just blank gray screen (But the display will still dim automatically), luckily with DSDT is doesn't hang and I can use VNC/power key to make it reboot.

Another small problem (not DSDT related), does anybody knows how to solve the Click Drag bug in VoodooPS2Trackpad? When I enable Drag in Trackpad preference, clicking any icons result in click-hold operation.

EDIT: The Trackpad problem resolved by adjusting double-click time

Compaq_610.zip

Guys could you explain please why I have lags of system with VoodooPower on my HP6720s?

I remove it and all is ok.

I don't even use it. I'm currently using native speedstep (coolbook only got my temps higher though i put it to 1600 Mhz @ 1V). You could try using native speedstep.

PD: I'm sick of this really, been messing with getting mac os x working on my hp for almost a year and a half. I've grabbed a real 17" mac from ebay for 600€ - what costed me an hp 6720s -. I'm sorry you guys're still trying to get this to work but really it doens't matter wheter we can get it to work, we'll still have a {censored} x3100.

Thank You very much BlackCH for your amazing work, I will testing and report. Also I will send you PM with some informations about my fully working 32/64 kexts for sound, ps2 and battery metter. I have some dudes about native speedstep method by Pere (some users report native SS in 10.6.2 itself without any kext) because Coolbook dont works in x64, another dudes are fan control (x64), and backlight control (break in 10.6.2 x64). Thank you again. Bye.

Thank You BlackCH, your last dsdt work fine, but I only needed to add the IRQs that always I use in devices PS2K (PNP0303) and PS2M because without those values my keyboard not working jejeje... thanks, bye.

P.D. Please can someone help me, sharing the vanilla IOATAFamily.kext? For testing the BlackCH PATA Fix. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: PATA Fix works great with vanilla OIAF.kext from 10.6 DVD. Hey guys, all you want to know about dsdt fixes, you can find it in DSDTSE (V1.3.4), excellent tool.

Intel 3945 drivers are out: http://www.facebook.com/pages/mercurysquad/130654692121

Look for Intel 3945 pre-alpha pack (only Leo).

BTW: I'll be glad if (juanerson) posted your dsdt :(.

An what did you mean with "brightness control"? The key codes are not assignetd correctly so that did not even work. You can map brightness control to that keycodes if you want to.

Also: Could you upload your IOATA.kext? I dind't have kp with it (on 32 bit mode, on 64 bit i do).

Intel 3945 drivers are out: http://www.facebook.com/pages/mercurysquad/130654692121

Look for Intel 3945 pre-alpha pack (only Leo).

BTW: I'll be glad if (juanerson) posted your dsdt :D.

An what did you mean with "brightness control"? The key codes are not assignetd correctly so that did not even work. You can map brightness control to that keycodes if you want to.

Also: Could you upload your IOATA.kext? I dind't have kp with it (on 32 bit mode, on 64 bit i do).

Yushir, I dont see why is complicated for you? BlackCH posted his last dsdt and works perfectly with some adjust for me (the PS2 entrys, and IRQs; the pci wifi card entry). I always have my own dsdt (since 12/2008), but always did have the same hacks and fixes, "almost" the same original from BlackCH, thats why is his merit; and now is more clean dsdt because she do erased a lot of unnecessary code.

I dont know what you mean about "brightness control"? With all respect I believe that you have not found out many things friend. The brightness control always works for me with two keys right on top (scroll for min and pause for max), never was a problem for me. Even in 10.6.1 32/64, of course 1024x768 (x64), thanks to PNLF patch in dsdt brigthness control always worked for me. Now in 10.6.2 is breaked for x64, I dont know if is because the AppleBacklight.kext (invalid firmware message on boot) or the X3100.kext... I dont know because the comboupdate 10.6.2 it brought changes in those extensions and many others.

Thanks to BlackCH now I can run the only one vanilla IOATAFamily.kext (10.6), I extract from SL DVD with pacifist, I can boot perfectly in 32/64, as you can see the PATA hack/fix in the last BlackCH dsdt, but I think you did not watch it. For your information, all this hacks and fixes, all these things are in the program, the excellent tool called DSDTSE by EvOSX86 Team.

BTW: Attached the files you want... at least I think you want jajaja. Bye. Please Sorry for my poor English. ^_^

P.D. Im having problems whenever attempt with kextutility 2.4.2 when I placed the pack in /Extra... thats make me KPs in x32 boot, in x64 boot fine, the KP is related to AppleACPIPlatform, IOPCI and IOACPI dependencys. For now, my solution has been not use Extensions.mkext in /Extra and all run OK. You guys have this problem to? Thanks in advance and sorry again.

What i meant is that brightness control should be mapped to fn+f7 and fn+f8; on about the PNLF device well in fact that doesn't matter.

If you take it out you will notice mac will (again) get the codes for those two keys (bloq despl and pause) so again it's not of any use( you can easily map brightness control keys to those by using proxi, buttler or ControllerMate).

And oh well, for the ioata i really don't know where i left my snow dvd so ty :unsure: .

EDIT: To avoid Kernel Panic in 64 bit mode, remove Legacy ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext from /Extra (comes with BlackCH kext pack).

Remember to update VoodooKeyboard with the one found here: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,718.0.html

Any idea on where to find a compatible ACPIBatteryManager?

Maybe removing the IRQs in those two devices (PS2) works for your keyboard, not working for me.

EDIT: I have the last VoodooPs2.. both: AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and the VoodooPS2Controller.kext for properly load from /S/L/E, and trackpad pref.pane for two fingers scroll, so my keyboard always works in 32/64. Thanks.

VoodooBattery (V1.2.1 superhai, because the last version not working for me) 32/64 from /E/E, please report if you got KP with Extension.mkext (packed with kextutility) and without it in /E. Also, the member Dong has made one compatible AppleACPIBattery but dont works for me (KP).

Yushir, how you manage speedstep in x64? Fan control? Also, Frecuency Speed (MHz) Monitor for x64? Please.

Note: My Sig is not updated because Im testing 32/64 arches.

Coolbook x64 coming soon, very soon... sorry is my first option for speedstep.

Also, remember to update MacFUSE or you won't get it working on 64 bit.

(In Spanish) http://www.appleosx86.com/2009/09/ntfs-3g-...s-snow-leopard/

Thanks for the VoodooBattery kext.

With the downloaded VoodoKeyboard you should recompile it/ remap your current keys to the ones matching your hardware.

I can't boot on x86 but it's fine for me (at least for now - wait for 3945 x64 version for snow leo to be released).

Just remove the Legacy ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin from /Extra and you should get it to boot - at least does for me.

ACPIBatteryManager gives me KP, but VoodooBattery works alot better than the other one did.

Still i can't sleep but has changed that now the screen doesn't even go black, insteads it just freezes (and when you press the power key - cpu goes to the maximum), then it shutdowns, starts and shutdowns again.

Have you the same behaviour?

Apart from sleep and those two keys mapped different from what they should, it works fine for me (though booting with x86 was faster than with x64).

I never used coolbook, speedstep worked better for me (I've got an T7250) though i got reported my CPU as 3Ghz by Kext Utility it works as it should do.

EDIT: Note that i'm using original Chamaleon RC3.

I got kernel panics after upgrade tp 10.6.2. Investigating...

Guys, anybody got 3945 working regarding this thread?

I got onboard HDD Toshiba performing slow, might be caused by torrents actioning over a year.

Could you advise fast 2,5 inch SATA notebook HDD performing fast for recording purposes?