HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

I dont think my laptop entered into sleep because the power button didnt start flashing. The screen went black for 2-3 minutes and it came back on again.

Thanks, I will try the net voodoohda, although my problems isnt after sleep, its after i disconnected the power cable (charger) while the laptop is on.

Thanks, much clear now. And about sound problem (after disconnected the...), It is almost the same for me, and will be a solution for you, because the new voodooHDA (information and some indications in spanisk HERE), this Slice variant of voodooHDA have new function of power management... which is the most wonderful improvement now. Good Luck.

Hi Juanerson,

I tried the new voodoohda 0.2.6 along wtih the details posted in the post you mentioned but Im still have issues with sound after disconnecting my charger. The sound immediately gets distorted and the only way to fix it is by restarting the laptop.

Are you having the same problem?

Hi Juanerson,

I tried the new voodoohda 0.2.6 along wtih the details posted in the post you mentioned but Im still have issues with sound after disconnecting my charger. The sound immediately gets distorted and the only way to fix it is by restarting the laptop.

Are you having the same problem?

No dakku, I do not have that problem my friend, and Im sure is coming from the old DSDT are you using. But Im working in my new DSDT, based in various fixes for sleep problems, that should will works for you without any doubt. That will take to me some days, because is practically start from zero, instead to revert change by change (all fixes).

OMG? So then you say i must have my DSDT.aml on /? But then... i don't understand. With slice bootloader i got everything but except that on booting i didn't get 1280x800, instead the usual 1024x768 as usual with chamaleon.

Really don't understand. I will try what you say, hope it works.

Oh and juanerson, you should update your signature :(.

OMG? So then you say i must have my DSDT.aml on /? But then... i don't understand. With slice bootloader i got everything but except that on booting i didn't get 1280x800, instead the usual 1024x768 as usual with chamaleon.

Really don't understand. I will try what you say, hope it works.

Oh and juanerson, you should update your signature :D.

OMG, what?

So, you can understand something? Because I suspecting you never understand nothing at all.

For your information, the bootloaders like the official chameleon, PCEFI and prasys variant loading the DSDT.aml from (/Extra) and from long time ago. But, since the DSDT beginning only was from (/), like the actual boot variant by Slice, just boot from there.

OMG!!!!!! I have 1024x768 on booting!!!!!.... Please! This affect your system a little, to considering important?

EDIT: BTW, It is possible you make you own signature with specifications of your laptop? Sometimes I dont remember witch model you have: 550 or 6720s?

WOW!

Strong activity in this thread in past few days. Hi , juanerson, I'm glad to see that you are not loosing your enthusiasm about our loved laptops. Great news is that we should, eventually expect a new dsdt from you, regarding sleep issue. That will be fantastic.

Great work. I'll keep visiting this thread very often now.

P.S.

Juanerson what did you think about HP 610? I have an opportunity to get one very cheap.

I'm using a mooded version of chamaleon rc4 that makes my screen at boot be 1280x800.

Where did you get it? Does it needs a boot flag (graphics Mode=1280x800)?

Juanerson, Im busy these days; I cannot do much testing. I will get back to you soon with results of the expresscard fix

WOW!

Strong activity in this thread in past few days. Hi , juanerson, I'm glad to see that you are not loosing your enthusiasm about our loved laptops. Great news is that we should, eventually expect a new dsdt from you, regarding sleep issue. That will be fantastic.

Great work. I'll keep visiting this thread very often now.

P.S.

Juanerson what did you think about HP 610? I have an opportunity to get one very cheap.

Thanks friend. Im working on the new DSDT (F.0D N bios) and this look very well... even I see my laptop very much cooler, so the original (untouched) dsdt power management, specifically the hardware fan control is great... I think that is why, and of course for sleep capabilities, that is why dakku is very happy with the old dsdt he using, and it is the explanation of why he practically dont need the AppleACPIThermal.kext (dont using it for sure). So, Im responsible for did erased to much "necessary" code... related to power management, then Im working to will fix it soon. Please Sorry.

I will try my best... but only one thing make me to be ensure if it will works with the same result for sleep on both laptops (6720s and 550), because now I have no doubt of one important detail about sleep, which is the USB ports... they are different on both laptops... in 550 are totally vanilla, while in 6720s not... I meant in 6720s necessarily need it DSDT hack code injection. Im suspecting that DSDT (the first one uploaded by BlackCH post 2, in november 2008) we are using here from the beginning come from a HP 550, and/or have better usb detection by Snow Leopard, and the HP 550 "probably" will obtain better results than 6720s for sleep capability. Maybe Im wrong... but BTW Im no worried if 6720s go to sleep in three minutes, and 550 in one minute... we need sleep!... then we will get sleep!.

About the HP Compaq 610: Would be great if coming with this (similar or better) specifications... C2D processor of course, you know.. please be sure with the chipset, because for hackintosh purposes need to be intel GM965 (Santa Rosa), not the GL960... and please see the graphics GMA x3100 variant, if is native 0x2A02 much better! It is practically the same laptop, than 6720s and 550 you have. Good Luck.

Where did you get it? Does it needs a boot flag (graphics Mode=1280x800)?

Juanerson, Im busy these days; I cannot do much testing. I will get back to you soon with results of the expresscard fix

BlackCH, this variant of PCEFI V10.6 by prasys booting at 1280x800 by auto-detection (without Flag). But, please read about the Slice bootloader (chameleon variant), so optimized for S.L... Im using now, and for the moments no more unexpected KPs... DSDT.aml load only from (/)...

Note, in the Slice bootloader:

- RestartFix coming by default, I meant we dont need any extension or flag for restart anymore, because we have (or applied) ACPI20 structure.

- This like to me very much, by the author:

"You may place SSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml,... SSDT-9.aml into /Extra and bootloader takes all of them.

If you set DropSSDT=YES then all previous SSDT tables will be dropped.

If you set oemSSDT=YES then your tables don't be applied."

Thats very cool, because we dont need to touch our DSDT for customize P-states and C-states (including undervolting), by adding the respective(s) table(s): SSDT 1, 2, 3... to /Extra and use the flag DropSSDT=YES... very useful! I extracted my eight tables with Everest Ultimate from win7. I dont know why DSDTSE show me only five SSDT tables, and not including the most important for me: P-S and C-S.

But (only for you BlackCH), additionally if you want to try some curious thing, try to load the system with the Slice "boot" without any DSDT, I did it in verbose mode (-v) ok jejeje, and surprise to you a little! The combination of this bootloader + our factory bios load fine (but no USB)... jajaja. I think the Slice boot load some missing acpi tables, or maybe is the 10.6.3 (IOATA fixed..., cmos fixed..., etc), or so what? Note: Press the touchpad if you get black screen before logging screen. Good Luck.

That's fine, i'm using Prasys boot as you said. What's surprising is that i boot perfectly with slice bootloader without a DSDT, i mean, no boot hang and system is working fine.

With DSDT works as fine as does Prasys, still no sleep.

EDIT: I nearly forgot it, i'm also using VoodooSDHC for greater (much greater) r/w speeds for sd cards.

Please I need some help... Smilenkovski and dakku (I need both helps, from yours HP 550), can you try (it is very safe for you guys)... boot the system with the Slice bootloader (very recommended) w/o any DSDT.aml... I meant a clean booting... and Extract the DSDT with DSDTSE 1.4.3, wait a minute for load completely, and save to .dsl... then upload (into .zip) here please? The idea is a general comparison with 6720s (we know they are so similar), but If Im correct yours USB ports (UHCI-1.1 and EHCI-2.0) should works natively (see in System profile or/and IORegistryExplorer)... And I can port all usb related code from the HP 550 to 6720s or vice versa depending of the comparison results for testing. As I said, this is from zero, but the accumulate experience + DSDTSE make it more easy and fast than before. Thanks.

Please I need some help... Smilenkovski and dakku (I need both helps, from yours HP 550), can you try (it is very safe for you guys)... boot the system with the Slice bootloader (very recommended) w/o any DSDT.aml... I meant a clean booting... and Extract the DSDT with DSDTSE 1.4.3, wait a minute for load completely, and save to .dsl... then upload (into .zip) here please? The idea is a general comparison with 6720s (we know they are so similar), but If Im correct yours USB ports (UHCI-1.1 and EHCI-2.0) should works natively (see in System profile or/and IORegistryExplorer)... And I can port all usb related code from the HP 550 to 6720s or vice versa depending of the comparison results for testing. Thanks.

Of course juanerson. But can you please upload both files somewhere else that will avoid making an acoounts on Project OSX. And is DSDTSE 1.4.3 windows only program. I don'y have windows at all, thanks god.

Of course juanerson. But can you please upload both files somewhere else that will avoid making an acoounts on Project OSX. And is DSDTSE 1.4.3 windows only program. I don'y have windows at all, thanks god.

Make a account on Project OSX jajaja is so easy my friend... btw the boot is attached.

DSDTSE 1.4.3 .zip (3.9 MB) for OS X is officially here: http://www.osx86.es/?p=610

Good luck and Thanks.

Slice_bootloader.zip

Make a account on Project OSX jajaja is so easy my friend... btw the boot is attached.

DSDTSE 1.4.3 .zip (3.9 MB) for OS X is officially here: http://www.osx86.es/?p=610

Good luck and Thanks.

Here it is dsdt.dsl.

Am I crazy or native speed step is working without dsdt.aml?

@juanerson

It seems that usb is not working.

What version of bios are you using?

dsdt.zip

Here it is dsdt.dsl.

Am I crazy or native speed step is working without dsdt.aml?

@juanerson

It seems that usb is not working.

What version of bios are you using?

Speedstep depend of the legacy kext... in /E/E remember? And of course, should works perfectly with factory p-states.

It is from HP 550 right? I have 6720s... Usb not working in HP 550? OMG!.

Speedstep depend of the legacy kext... in /E/E remember? And of course, should works perfectly with factory p-states.

It is from HP 550 right? I have 6720s... Usb not working in HP 550? OMG!.

What a pity that usb is not working. I like the system very much.

And Yes I'm on HP 550 now.

We should keep truing for solution for usb to work because everything else is working perfectly.

Maybe we should contact Slice.

@juanerson

I'm reading this and this at the moment. Maybe it will help.

We should keep truing for solution for usb to work because everything else is working perfectly.

Maybe we should contact Slice.

Wait for dakku dsdt... because It appear you have the last Bios version. Maybe he have a older bios.

Put back the DSDT.aml (April 14) in (/) and reboot for usb working again. But the system a little bit hot. Now, we (except dakku) dont need extensions or flag for restart and of course for shutdown.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Recently I see on dakku´s files he using mod IOPCIFamily.kext... thanks smilenkovski for the links above, that is the reason why dakku have usb working, his system is not completely vanilla (untouched) ok. And of course, I need correct my opinion about USB in HP 550, for sure are not vanilla at all like 6720s. But, this is better situation, because we have the same bios (DSDT) for to work. Trust me, now is much clear situation for us... Be patient for the sleep solution soon. Please keep your system vanilla until DSDT will be done, for prevent permissions problems later... and a unstable system.

Fast description and download link on IOPCIFamily.kext that dakku using HERE.

Wait for dakku dsdt... because It appear you have the last Bios version. Maybe he have a older bios.

Put back the DSDT.aml (April 14) in (/) and reboot for usb working again. But the system a little bit hot.

No the system shows me the lowest temp ever : 39C.

Sorry then.

For sleep keep watching on this thread. Juanerson is preparing some surprise on sleep issue (I hope). For wifi I think you should google voodoo wifi kext for your intel chipset.

but why I have BCM94311 ? when win 7 I have intel wifi ?

Juanerson; Finally I was able to test your last posted DSDT (apr 14). Unfortunately it didnt solve the expresscard slot issue; the hot-plug feature is still gone (solo reconece las tarjetas reiniciando o conectandolas antes de bootear)

Hey all, tomorrow I will post my results!... Basically, my new (from A to Z) DSDT based in last bios available (hp 550 and 6720s)... full code (and non renamed) for better power management... all fixes at moment. Sleep works Out of the box in 6720s, is for sure also in HP 550, I meant w/o sleepenabler in vanilla system (retail installation) like mine. The only one problem is that we "need" appleacpithermal extension and this prevent sleep... the solution for me is the unload/load from terminal. See you.