8800 GT to Quadro FX 3700

aqua-mac

127 posts in this topic

Hi, i modified aquamac rom bios to match my nvidia clocks and flashed without problems...

but the new device-id 061A is being override with the old/real device-id 0611

is this trick only working on 512mb 8800gt ???

i have asus 8800 gt 256mb

can someone help me? Am i missing something?

thanks,

dani

ps: i've attached my original and modified rom

asus_8800gt_256.zip

Hi, i modified aquamac rom bios to match my nvidia clocks and flashed without problems...

thanks,

dani

asus_8800gt_256.zip

What is overidding your device id?

You modifed ASUS works as Quadro???

thanks,

dani

asus_8800gt_256.zip

hi and thanks for reply

edit:

ok today i've been playing for a while...

when i modify aquamac's 3700rom to match my rom, i have to change:

- clock rates (675/1600/975 to 600/1500/900)

- voltage extra 1,05 (as my rom)

- timing sets

- and performance table

all flashes end with weird characters/colors and a semi-blind reflash to backup.rom

so no joy

now i'm trying to change my rom to "looks like" aquamac's 3700rom.

first i edit my rom with nibitor.

after this i'm changing some bytes in hexedit (trying to compare aquamac original 8800 against modded 3700rom)

but still no joy...

somechanges ends with weird screen and others just with a 611 device id not 61A (at least as reported by lspci and about this mac)

also i noticed that everytime i reflash the information about overriding the adapter pci devID is always 611 altough the firmware devID is 61A (this is why i used the word override in the previous post, notice that i'm more blind than my screen in this bios rom modding world...)

can someone state that 8800gt 256mb cannot be modded into quadro 3700 ??

i tried to pm aquamac but he is missing

ps: pavlinux, if you were asking, the answer is NO, the modified bios i uploaded is not working as quadro (at least by now :wallbash: )

Hello!

First of all I'd like to say THANK YOU!!! This has been extremely helpful. I flashed my bios and actually have a noticable improvement in windows 7. However...OSX is a different story

Here's what's happening. I couldn't convince OSX to see the card, it kept defaulting even after the flash. I figured from reading a post in this thread that it was a chameleon problem. What I didn't know is how to properly edit chameleon to include graphics support. I tried reinstalling it and it gave me an error...then it wouldn't boot. I had to load it up with empire EFI and my dualies worked, video looked good too!

The weird part is that now my OSX sees what should be a Quadro fx3700 as a Geforce 8800GT. Hmm.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of fixing chameleon first, uninstall and reinstall with the correct settings to fix my boot problem. I'm willing to live with the identity crisis if everything works properly, but I do get a GL error when I try to open second life...do you know anything about that one?

thank you again!

EDIT: Yeah, I have like chameleon 2 or 3. First thing I'm doing when I get home is to get the latest version. I'll post my results in this post unless someone posts after me. Still no idea on the GL error.

EDIT 2: Looks like a lot of my problems may be solved by editing the boot plist....learning is fun

GraphicsEnabler=Yes|No Automatic device-properties generation for graphics cards.

VideoROM=<file> Use an alternate ROM image (default path: /NVIDIA.ROM).

VBIOS=Yes|No Inject VBIOS to device-properties.

Looks like I can set the boot loader to load the Quadro setup right from the ROM that I just flashed the card with, is that right?

@danif

Have u try to pm aquamac on his own forum?

Anyway, I'm not sure if 8800GT 256mb version can't be softmodded. The only reason I can think of that the softmod rom for the 256mb card doesn't exist (yet), is because not many people own that particular card. Especially the guy who can make the softmod bios.

@Lucifer Caitiff

I also had almost the same problem in OSX as yours when I softmodded my 8800GT to QFX3700. But in my case, OSX can recognize it correctly as QFX3700, but without QE/CI enabled. I finally managed to solve the problem by installing the Chameleon 2 RC3 + PC EFI 10.5 and use the GraphicsEnabler method to make OSX run this card.

I also had the identity crysis issue at first (after the flashing the card) which was caused by DeviceID method I used in boot plist. But everything still run smoothly, without any error.

Booim, Thanks for the tip! I'll try it. I accidentally killed my snow leopard disc, but apple is sending me a new one. I'm starting over because I screwed with it too much and it wouldn't boot....but that's a whole different topic.

EDIT: OK I'm back up and running (apple actually sent me a new disc for free, lol). I'm posting from my hackintosh OSX as a matter of fact. Everything seems to be running great, my dualies are up and the resolution looks pretty sharp. my only problem right now is that openGL doesnt seem to want to work. Any thoughts?

again, thank you so much for your help

EDIT2: Got OSX to see 515mb by editing the file in the kext package. I STILL can't get QE working though. Is there a way to fix it without messing with the boot loader? I believe I'm using chameleon, but the last time i touched it I broke the whole damn thing. It works great right now, shuts down, sleeps, restarts, all without any problems...i don't want to mess that up :(

EDIT 3:

IT WORKS! I used this. http://######.com/index.php?option=...9&Itemid=48

The universal installer, I ended up going back to my 8800GT flash, but I don't really care right now, i just wanted to have my video working properly and IT WORKS!!!

@Lucifer Caitiff

Unlike in Windows, the softmodded 8800GT @QFX3700 performance is exactly the same compare to the original 8800GT in OSX since Apple didn't provide specialized workstation kext for Quadro.

So other than the identity of a Quadro in System Profiler, you don't miss anything at all. I had compared the performances using Adobe CS4 Suite, Maya 2009, Mudbox 2009, RealFlow 4.36 & Nuke 5.0v2 in both state and found no differences at all.

Hi aquamac, or anyone else who can help me with this.

I'm not new to bios flashing and stuff but since you're much more experimented in this thing i wanted to ask you if you can check out a Gainward BLISS 8800GT 1024MB bios for a Quadro mod. It's the original one, straight from my video card and I want to know if it's compatible with the one from your Zotac (besides the vendor and speeds... i have 600/1500/900). I really need a boost in performance in 3ds max and i'd very much appreciate it if you can help.

Sorry for the thread revival btw, I didn't want to revive a thread few months old just for the sake of it. If you have time please take a look.

And yes, i have searched the forum for a Gainward version and haven't found any and i hope i don't get banned for this and i REALLY don't have enough money to go poking around. Us architecture students aren't well known for wealth :P

Thanks again.

EDIT: In Nibitor it gives me an error in which it says it can't start the driver(1275)... I have 195 driver from nvidia website and win7 x64.

EDIT: Modified your Zotac rom and i have the same problem as Booim did, i get artifacts, the clock wasn't the issue, i get them even with lower speeds. Can you please take a look at this rom and see if you can fix it please?

GW8800GT_to_fx3700.rar

• 1 month later...

hello everybody! its so small info about quadro fx on macs/hacks, so maybe can someone tell me about the performance of quadro fx 3700 in composing apps (ae, motion) and 3d apps (modo, cinema4d, maya) compared to ati 4870? just want to know is old 3700 have a sense on mac without special drivers. also is it need to install drivers from quadro fx 4800 for mac from nvidia site, or 3700 works with generic nvidia drivers? also i find a compare quadro fx 4800 with 4870 http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/12/...c-edition.ars/2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello aquamac! I have the original nvidia 8800gt 512mb for macpro and have bios 110kb size.The size 58kb is workable in my PC, but no workable in my mac pro, because the my videocard It is released specially for the mac pro and i am buy my videocard for 500 dollars in apple store.With your firmware in the size 58кб, I macpro so does not work with a videocard that at all does not output the map.

Please modify my bios for quadro fx3700.My machine is old mac pro 1.1 2007th year.I am not I can not upload my bios on the this theme, because i create my profile is today. My e-mail is tdsxt@yandex.ru. Please write me any message on mail or send me your e-mail that I have sent you a file of my videocard,because the your inbox is full for pm. I will be very grateful to you.Sorry for my very bad english. I apologise for bad English language

I need a quadro fx3700 is not for the computer, I need a fx3700 for mac pro, because mac os uses for professional software algorithms for language opengl, but mac os is not able to work with algorithms directx.Rabotat language on a computer with a professional program for three-dimensional graphics comfortable from the regime of directx, but then lost the meaning to make a fx3700 8800gt because there is no difference or even in favor of the 8800gt, because 8800 has a large frequency of gpu and ram, than the fx3700

hi, I´ve tried to softmod my Geforce 8800 GTS (G92) but without success ;)

I know its a little bit diffrent too the GT , is that possible with the GTS ?

I found some (maybe) good news about flashing the GTX 280 and GTX 260 . In SLi mode the 2nd GPU´s was as Quadro FX 3800 detected I think this will be a good cards for Softmodding.

260 detected as FX 3800 http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/643916-gtx-260-shows-quadro-fx3800.html ://http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/643...ro-fx3800.html

280 detected as FX 3800 (German) http://msi-forum.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=729235

Hello everybody,

my card (8800gt 512) is now recognized as a Quadro FX3700. I've done this with Aquamac's rom (thank you!).

The devise id is correct and i can install the lasts Quadro drivers.

But i don't see the pro settings in the Nvidia Control Panel. I guess my problem is about patching drivers? I've read all posts but i'm lost. Does patching mean replacing the INF file and changing the nvlddmkm.sy_ file with Rivatuner?

I think Maryusosx has (had?) the same problem? I've follow Booim's advises and procedures (post 68) but it doesn't work for me.

Can you help me? (i'm under Windows Seven x64, please don't tell me that i have to come back under Vista :P) Thank!

• 1 month later...
Hello everybody,

my card (8800gt 512) is now recognized as a Quadro FX3700. I've done this with Aquamac's rom (thank you!).

The devise id is correct and i can install the lasts Quadro drivers.

But i don't see the pro settings in the Nvidia Control Panel. I guess my problem is about patching drivers? I've read all posts but i'm lost. Does patching mean replacing the INF file and changing the nvlddmkm.sy_ file with Rivatuner?

I think Maryusosx has (had?) the same problem? I've follow Booim's advises and procedures (post 68) but it doesn't work for me.

Can you help me? (i'm under Windows Seven x64, please don't tell me that i have to come back under Vista :) ) Thank!

I think only nvlddmkm.sy_ get patched via rivatuner script...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I am building my rig right now, inspired by your guy's forum. From my understanding aqua mac's roms work with the zotac 8800 gt (the 512mb and 1gig versions). I was wondering if the extra 512 mb of ram will make that much of a difference for quadro applications, apparently online reviews show that there is little to gain of the extra ram in gaming, but I don't know how that translates to quadro applications. Also is it possible to put two of these flashed quadro's in SLI? and does performance go up, and can you put one 512 with one 1 gb in sli..... I know these are alot of questions and apologize..... Thanks so much you guys do not know how much a rely on this forum at this point......

Time to get to class (arggg classes in the summer is so depressing, damn engineering program)

Later.....

• 2 months later...

I like modding a XFX 8800 GT ADE, 512 mb/256 bit in Quadro3700 and everything works ok in windows ...

I installed another hard bye MAC version 10.5.7 and everything works fine except the video card sees 32 MB ...not work QE,etc

are not new on this forum and I scarcely know the MAC ..

We have a system consisting of Intel i7-920, GIGABYTE EX58-UD3R, 6 GB RAM, etc..

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

I have an actual fx3700 in snow leopard 10.6.4 --- how can i turn on QE/CI? tried everything and searched for at least a week..and after putzing up my image twice (and having to reinstall) ... i'm reluctant to screw up again...

I do have dual head working --- I can change resolutions and everything, but it's just slow...

• 4 weeks later...

Aquamac

I have a 1GB Zotac Geforce 9800GT with G92 65nm GPU, so I think it's identical to 8800GT in every-way,

I spent all my day trying to mod my 9800GT to Q3700, and at the end I flashed my bios with your 1GB Q3700 ROM (with nvflash for windows, I edited the clockrates in Nibitor and made them as my original bios rom, and also made the Board ID as the original), and the result was frightening, no output from vga after restart! After that I recover to the original rom just by using shortcuts and typing in windows (without any screen!), and luckily everything came back the way it was.

Now I'm wondering what was the problem with my flashing? Is it because of my graphic card or something's wrong with my modified rom?

I have attached the original and my edited version of your rom (I had to change the extensions to txt!), I'll really appreciate it if you could see them and help me with this, I really need the Quadro extra features for my 3dsmax works.

And sorry for my bad English.

Original9800GT.txt

ZotacQ3700.txt

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I am new to the forum, I'm watched and I like it very much. I see you're an expert, I have a question, which I haven't found the answer:

Can 9600GT be modded in qudro 1800fx? I want to use it in Premiere CS4/5.

Thankyou!

• 2 weeks later...

Hy,

I wrote from Paris, and sorry my english is poor...

I made this, to install quadro drivers on a 8800 GT (G 92 Quadro 3700).

and a GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS (G72 Quadro 350).

No modification of the Bios, there are strictly original.

The quadro driver is the "270.71" from Nvidia. It can't install, normal.

I did that.

In the "nv_disp.inf" I paste this four mofified lines next the original lines:

For the 7300:

NVIDIA_DEV.01D3.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS"

%NVIDIA_DEV.01D3.01% = Section002, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D3

For the 8800:

NVIDIA_DEV.0611.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT"

%NVIDIA_DEV.0611.01% = Section009, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0611

Now the driver install work fine, and the both cards run fine too.

There have always the original name in the peripheral manager.

But I have a question...

Have i modded Quadro or same original GeForce?

What do you think about?

Best regards.

BlackBird...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
http://rapidshare.com/files/337820214/quadro.rar.html

I only matched timingsets between them.If its still unstable the next step will be to underclock it a little bit

I send you PM :P

Hi climbnonstop...can also i have your bios? That link expired and i sent you even a pm !!! I'm buying the same gigabyte and i need to mod it into a quadro fx 3700! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!