[HOW TO] Getting IDT Audio Working

age_sabres18

288 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

Ive got a Dell Studio 1535 with 92HD73c1 audio.

My deviceID is 0x10280254 (decimal-271057492)

In step 2 I edited the apple hda binary, replacing B0761D11 with 45028201 in both places

In Step 3 I edited AppleHDA.kext/contents/info.plist, changing CodecID to 271057492.

Step 4 is where I got stuck

I changed the CodecID in AppleHDA.kext/contents/plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/contents/info.plist

The how-to did not tell how to find the HD audio controller,so i didn't mess with it.

This is what it looks like.

<string>AppleHDAController</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x793a1002 0x437a1002 0x43831002 0x269a8086 0x26688086 0x27d88086 0x284b8086 0x293e8086 0x026c10de 0x037110de 0x75021039 0x546110b9 0x32881106 0x026c10de 0x03e410de 0x03f010de 0x044a10de 0x044b10de</string>

Do i need to add anything to this list,what am I doing wrong?

Help will be appreciated, thanks.

Here is the header of my Dell Studio 1735 codec dump, same as yours:

Codec: IDT 92HD73C1X5

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x111d7675

Subsystem Id: 0x10280256

Revision Id: 0x100202

Here is the link to the entire file in another thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=31468

Here is my modified AppleHDA.kext file that doesn't work and according to the OP needs the pinConfig mod:

audio.zip

Hey guys.

Ive got a Dell Studio 1535 with 92HD73c1 audio.

My deviceID is 0x10280254 (decimal-271057492)

In step 2 I edited the apple hda binary, replacing B0761D11 with 45028201 in both places

In Step 3 I edited AppleHDA.kext/contents/info.plist, changing CodecID to 271057492.

Step 4 is where I got stuck

I changed the CodecID in AppleHDA.kext/contents/plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/contents/info.plist

The how-to did not tell how to find the HD audio controller,so i didn't mess with it.

This is what it looks like.

<string>AppleHDAController</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x793a1002 0x437a1002 0x43831002 0x269a8086 0x26688086 0x27d88086 0x284b8086 0x293e8086 0x026c10de 0x037110de 0x75021039 0x546110b9 0x32881106 0x026c10de 0x03e410de 0x03f010de 0x044a10de 0x044b10de</string>

Do i need to add anything to this list,what am I doing wrong?

Help will be appreciated, thanks.

1.- You need to edit AppleHDA binary with your hex id in this way I will put mine for example.

111d76b0 this is my codec id

111d for vendor ID IDT

76b0 for dev ID

so inside AppleHDA binary this hex will be b0761d11 if you look is 2 digits back ordered b0 was the last now is the first and so 76 and then 1d and at last 11. thats why 111d76b0 is b0761d11 and you tried 10280254 and this will be 54 02 28 10 not 45 20 82 01

you tried with 0x10280254 this isn´t your codec id is your subsystem id your codec id looks something like "111d1234" (is just an example) because is and IDT with ven id 111d and 1234 for dev id. Using this as an example your codec id will be 34121d11. and translate this to dec will be

111d1234 = 287117876 for using it inside plist in codec id.

if you post your codec dump I will help you to find youd right pin config.

Sorry for bad english.

:) hope it helps

Here is the header of my Dell Studio 1735 codec dump, same as yours:

Codec: IDT 92HD73C1X5

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x111d7675

Subsystem Id: 0x10280256

Revision Id: 0x100202

Here is the link to the entire file in another thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=31468

Here is my modified AppleHDA.kext file that doesn't work and according to the OP needs the pinConfig mod:

OK

1.- You need to pach AppleHDA binary with 75761d11

2.- your codec id in dec will be 287143541 for patch inside plist

3.- follow your codec dump try this pin config

speaker

pin complex 0x0d

audio output 0x15

Headphone

pin complex 0x0a

audio output 0x16

Mic at ext

audio input 0x1b

audio selector 0x21

audio mixer 0x1d

audio selector 0x29

pin complex 0x0e

int mic

audioinput 0x1a

audio selector 0x20

pin complex 0x13

Reply with results. find if you have Output with volume control and mute so with input.

Hope it helps ;)

well in the system profiler it could detect the int mic and line in

but in system preferences it shows "the selected device has no inputs controls"

and i found a recorder and tried. no response.

what did you use to test?

Post your codec dump, for help but I try to explain

for output volume control works you need to have inside your plist

For example

mine

pin complex for int speaker 0xd in dec 13

and output 0x10 in dec 16 for make output obtain volume control inside plist this NODEID 16 must have an AMP this must be in coordination with your codec description inside your codec dump

Node 0x10 [Audio Output] wcaps 0xd0c05: Stereo Amp-Out

Amp-Out caps: N/A

Amp-Out vals: [0x71 0x71]

Power: 0x0

for input to obtain amp this must concordate with an AMP-IN the pin config for mic int or mic ext

the mine for example

mic ext

audio input 0x13

audio selector 0x1d

audio mixer 0x17

audio selector 0x1b

pin complex 0x0b

in all this path the only one with an AMP-IN was the audio mixer so the amp must be at NODE ID 23 (in hex 0x17)

Hope it helps ;)

post-27772-1226427129_thumb.png

post-27772-1226427820_thumb.png

I would just like to point out that Areos you are the man.... I had been putting too much info into my path and that is why I lost audio control...... I had the pins correct but, I was trying to hard. I was tracing all through the codec and inputing everything.... such as mixers and selectors..... I can now use my folume control for everything I see my mic but I have no options with it and it appears 7o be non-working at the moment of course this is my Internal Mic I am talking about.....

Thanks Again, I will be working further and post my updates.

I would just like to point out that Areos you are the man.... I had been putting too much info into my path and that is why I lost audio control...... I had the pins correct but, I was trying to hard. I was tracing all through the codec and inputing everything.... such as mixers and selectors..... I can now use my folume control for everything I see my mic but I have no options with it and it appears 7o be non-working at the moment of course this is my Internal Mic I am talking about.....

Thanks Again, I will be working further and post my updates.

I have your codec dump, and I think your Int Mic will be

audio input 0x1a dec 26 this one alone in plist

audio selector 0x20 dec 32 this with a boost value in plist

Pin complex 0x13 dec 19 this inside plist need an amp value

see the attach image.

Inside this amp mod there are other values if you are using plist edit pro just copy and paste it.

Good luck :(

post-27772-1226433331_thumb.png

I will try that now and hopefully have it work soon.... I get a detect on my headphone insertion however I get no sound any ideas?

P.S. can you give me a view of what your amp layout is like for that mic?

Okay I tried the method mentioned and I see it as a built in input but, I still can not get it to do anything I even entered the config data under the controller......

I am also still having issues with headphones, but that is what I am working on now....

I have attached what I have done so far so any Dell Studio guys it mwill save you some time and I will update as I get more done.

Thanks, Mark

I will try that now and hopefully have it work soon.... I get a detect on my headphone insertion however I get no sound any ideas?

Here you go

Good luck

post-27772-1226448696_thumb.png

Okay I tried the method mentioned and I see it as a built in input but, I still can not get it to do anything I even entered the config data under the controller......

I am also still having issues with headphones, but that is what I am working on now....

I have attached what I have done so far so any Dell Studio guys it mwill save you some time and I will update as I get more done.

Thanks, Mark

Thank you! Internal sound is working well. No internal mic either.

If I try a applehda.kext from leopard instead of using the one here which I believe to be a Tiger kext I get mic to work however I get a lot of appleHDA widget errors at boot....... but, I have a working mic and speakers with volume control. I get a detect on headphones but I still get no sound....... If you delete the headphones all together you can plug in and get sound through the jack but it does not mute the speakers..... Any advice or ideas is greatly appreciated.

If I try a applehda.kext from leopard instead of using the one here which I believe to be a Tiger kext I get mic to work however I get a lot of appleHDA widget errors at boot....... but, I have a working mic and speakers with volume control. I get a detect on headphones but I still get no sound....... If you delete the headphones all together you can plug in and get sound through the jack but it does not mute the speakers..... Any advice or ideas is greatly appreciated.

I'd really like to try your Leopard version. Could you post it here? Much gratefulness .

Thanks again for your work!

Tom

I'd really like to try your Leopard version. Could you post it here? Much gratefulness .

Thanks again for your work!

Tom

Tom, you will probably get a lot of widget errors as I did but it does not seem to affect anything let me know if it works for you.... there is still no volume control on the internal mic , but it does work....

P.S. you still need the HDA enabler

Tom, you will probably get a lot of widget errors as I did but it does not seem to affect anything let me know if it works for you.... there is still no volume control on the internal mic , but it does work....

P.S. you still need the HDA enabler

Yes works! I was able to use Skype for 4 continuous hours today, no issues. The system log does fill with widget errors though.

I have a Compaq CQ40 and I ran OSX86 Tools to get my audio device. It gave me this:

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 03)

I downloaded age_sabres18's AppleHDA.kext from rapidshare and installed it, and it works.. sort of..

The internal speakers and the headphone jack works (the system detects headphones when I plug them in), but the first problem was that I kept on getting kernel panics every time I shutdown. That was easily solved by fixing permissions using OnyX.

The only problem I have now is that the internal microphone and mic jack don't work. They're detected in SP but like others, Audio preferences doesn't give me a way to control it them, nor is my mic detected when I plug it in..

I've read all about pin configs in this post, but I'm totally lost. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance..

Keeto

Here's my codec. Thank you very much!

ps: that kext still doesn't work...

so line - in doesnt work for you and wakeup with sound ??

try this one , i edited through your codec

the thing i dont get is how line in doesnt work on yours but

it works on mine same goes to wakeup from sleep.

i will try to fix it

AppleHDA.kext.zip

so line - in doesnt work for you and wakeup with sound ??

try this one , i edited through your codec

the thing i dont get is how line in doesnt work on yours but

it works on mine same goes to wakeup from sleep.

i will try to fix it

Thanks for your help. Now line-in works.

The problem of wakeup is still there. I discovered that my laptop cannot go to sleep automatically, only by clicking "Sleep" in the Apple menu it could sleep. Is there anything to do with this?

Thanks for your help. Now line-in works.

The problem of wakeup is still there. I discovered that my laptop cannot go to sleep automatically, only by clicking "Sleep" in the Apple menu it could sleep. Is there anything to do with this?

Raidenll, can you tell me if I can just download the last AppleHDA.kext file you used and load it in my laptop or do I have to follow the instructions at the beginning of the thread.

I believe we have the same audio card;

HP dv7 1175nr

Ven 111D Dev 76B2

Also you mentioned that your Web Cam worked out of the box and I just wanted to confirm you didn't have to make any modifications, as mine doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Raidenll, can you tell me if I can just download the last AppleHDA.kext file you used and load it in my laptop or do I have to follow the instructions at the beginning of the thread.

I believe we have the same audio card;

HP dv7 1175nr

Ven 111D Dev 76B2

Also you mentioned that your Web Cam worked out of the box and I just wanted to confirm you didn't have to make any modifications, as mine doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Eric, Can you post your Sound Card IDs for me to compare and where you got them from (images if possible), I have a DV7-1003tx and RaidenII's kexts didn't work for me, I believe he has a DV5t if I'm correct.

Heres a noob question but how do I install the HDAEnabler.kext?

And heres another question I dont get how to do the first step can someone explain it??

You need to delete the kext in system\extensions and then use a separate program or process to install kexts.

I used http://######.com/osx86tools/, can anyone confirm that this is ok?

Eric, Can you post your Sound Card IDs for me to compare and where you got them from (images if possible), I have a DV7-1003tx and RaidenII's kexts didn't work for me, I believe he has a DV5t if I'm correct.

You need to delete the kext in system\extensions and then use a separate program or process to install kexts.

I used http://######.com/osx86tools/, can anyone confirm that this is ok?

Unfortunately I won't have access to my laptop till the weekend. Where cam I get the sound card IDs?

Btw my Webcam worked straight off after installing following RaidenII's instructions, it asks you to take a image/video for log in.

Follow RaidenII's guide if you haven't already:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=136309&hl=

For your device id, in windows Device Manager:

"Sound, video and game controllers" > IDT High Definition Audio CODEC > Details > Hardware Ids.

Here is mine. Please post your one when you have time.

deviceaj2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Regards

Unfortunately I won't have access to my laptop till the weekend. Where cam I get the sound card IDs?