[HOW TO] Getting IDT Audio Working

age_sabres18

288 posts in this topic

hi there, i have a problem getting sound working.

DPCIManager says:

8086:293e	Intel Corporation	82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller

before i followed this howto,

system profiler showed nothing at all. just "no devicefound or something similar..

when i edited the AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA binary file with hexedit, i did this:

i replaced B0761D11 by 86803E29 (2 times)

then in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist ,

i changed CodecID like this:

<key>CodecID</key>
<integer>691961990</integer>

then in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist i modified

IOPCIPrimaryMatch and

like this:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x293e8086</string>

and:

<key>HDAConfigDefault</key>
					 <array>
							 <dict>
									 <key>CodecID</key>
									 <integer>691961990</integer>
									 <key>ConfigData</key>
									 <data>

</data>
									 <key>FuncGroup</key>
									 <integer>1</integer>
									 <key>LayoutID</key>
									 <integer>12</integer>
							 </dict>
					 </array>

then i copied AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/

and finally: used this command:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions && sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions && sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

did i forget something ?

does the values i've put in there are wrong ?

i still got no sound but now system profiler says:

Device ID:	0x107B7200
  Audio ID:	12
  Available Devices:
  Microphone:
  Connection:	Internal
  Speaker:
  Connection:	Internal
  Microphone:
  Connection:	1/8 inch Jack

it seems to me the DeviceID is wrong but i've been told system profiler wasn't alway accurate when using osx86.

if everything i did was correct does that mean i need to set the pin config data?

i don't have windows (i do have linux though).

is there a way to obtain pin config data directly from osx or eventualy from linux ?

someone could help me abit getting sound, i'm not used to osx yet and i'm a bit at lost as to what could be tryed next..

osx86 i used is "iATKos v5i" it installed fine, but maybe i installed some additional drivers and things i shouldn't have ?

thanks ;)

I have a Gateway P-6860FX notebook with an IDT 92HD71B8 that now works with internal speakers and headphones using the kexts provided in this thread.

One oddity is that Audio/Midi shows the output device, but shows no output controls - it does show input controls (which I assume are actually the output controls). System pref's Sound panel looks right with working controls for output. Input shows internal mic, but also says it has no controls.

Thanks very much to Areon and age_sabres18 for making this happen. And thanks to bifnewman for hooking me up with this thread.

Hey man .. I have the same puter. Did you use the kexts as they were uploaded here? Did you alter them? If you did.. can you post what you used here? I'd love to get the audio going. On another note.. since we're using the same puters.. did you get your wifi 4965 going?

thanks man!!

j

jjp_parker@hotmail.com

I have a Gateway P-6860FX notebook with an IDT 92HD71B8 that now works with internal speakers and headphones using the kexts provided in this thread.

One oddity is that Audio/Midi shows the output device, but shows no output controls - it does show input controls (which I assume are actually the output controls). System pref's Sound panel looks right with working controls for output. Input shows internal mic, but also says it has no controls.

Thanks very much to Areon and age_sabres18 for making this happen. And thanks to bifnewman for hooking me up with this thread.

Hey man -- I have the same exact computer. Did you use the exact kexts posted here? Or did you alter them first? If so, would you mind posting the altered kexts so I can use them as well?

Was it just a matter of installing these two kexts? Or was there more involved?

While I have your ear.. have you gotten your wifi 4965 going yet?

Thanks a million..

j

jjp_parker@hotmail.com

I tried installing that, and it still didn't work. I also tried installing the HDAEnabler thingy too...

Can someone post, the links to the latest and updated HDAEnabler and AppleHDA.kext?

Thanks

If it worked before it must just be something that change in your install when you reinstalled Kalyway. PM me and I will try and help. If anything go to your extensions folder and delete both the HDA Enabler and AppleHDA.kext repair permissions and reboot.

Then with KextHelper reinstall the Enabler and the kext that boombeng has linked you to.

If this still does not fix it you maybe missing something else where. Also when this installed currently does it show anything under the System Profiler and Sound properties?

Thanks

I used a value from a more recent driver to stop the speakers from not muting when headphones were plugged in. Not sure what the value does, or if others will work, but this seems to work for me.

In the applehda.kext/info.plist - under the headphone key set mutegpio to 1342242840

I left the IntSpeaker mutegpio at 0

I have only one small problem now, when I plug a headphone, it switch in sound properties but I still hear sound by internal speakers.

Do you have any idea to resolve this?

Thanks very much.

Step 2: Edit Binary

ok to edit the apple hda binary u need to first download hexedit (a program for osx to edit binary files).

once you have downloaded hexedit open up your applehda.kext/contents/macos/applehda with it.

in the hex file there are two device ids you have to adjust

search the hex for "B0761D11". you should find two instances of these hex numbers.

as you can notice the bytes are flipped ie. B0761D11 = 111D76B0

in the two instances you find in the binary, type in the appropriate device id for your card.

I'm stuck in step 2.. Im confuse about flip number in hex. my device id is 0x83847680 (sigmatel driver that i got codec dump from ubuntu linux) or 0x76808384 (IDT driver from windows xp). then how can flip it? is it answer 80764838 (sigmatel)? correct or wrong? i need to get sound work. Please help me.. Thanks.

post-337871-1229783139_thumb.jpg

i tried my best for follow your instruction with pinconfig... but still not work :) Anyone done with correct port who is intel D945GNT user or IDT/Sigmatel 9221 user (my device id is 0x83847680 and my audio controller is 0x80860202)?? Please share with each other.

Anyone tried this on an ECS A780GM-A "Black Series" ?

I followed the guides on this forum, none worked at all...please need help.

Thanks.

YES I'VE TRIED THIS MOBO IT WORKS FOR ME..I ONLY ADD UP EXTRA PCI LAN CARD,,THE AUDIO STILL NOT RESPONDING..BUT THE MAIN POINT IS IT DOES WORK WITH THE BOARD AND THE INTERNET :(

:) GUY'S I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM NOW WITH THE AUDIO..I HAD JUST ARRIVE AND CONNECT A USB AUDIO DEVICE MADE IN CHINA..I SELECT THE AUDIO INPUT AND ITS PRESENT...I USE IT AS MY DEFAULT AUDIO DEVICE..IT IS CAPABLE OF USING 3D AND HAS A 5.1 VIRTUAL SOUND AC-3 COMPATIBLE

HERE IS THE PICTURE

post-340293-1230044383_thumb.jpg

:huh: GUY'S I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM NOW WITH THE AUDIO..I HAD JUST ARRIVE AND CONNECT A USB AUDIO DEVICE MADE IN CHINA..I SELECT THE AUDIO INPUT AND ITS PRESENT...I USE IT AS MY DEFAULT AUDIO DEVICE..IT IS CAPABLE OF USING 3D AND HAS A 5.1 VIRTUAL SOUND AC-3 COMPATIBLE

HERE IS THE PICTURE

Then no need driver? just plug it to cpu then it auto detect without edit kext?

Then no need driver? just plug it to cpu then it auto detect without edit kext?

YES IT AUTO DETECT I JUST SELECT THE DEVICE I'M GOING TO USE IT SHOWS ON SYSTEM PREFERENCES/HARDWARE/SOUND

IT SAID: CHOOSE A DEVICE FOR SOUND OUTPUT (SSS USB HEADPHONE SET)

THE INPUT (SSS USB HEADPHONE SET)

ONCE USING THE HD AUDIO OUTPUT/ ON THE INPUT NONE IS SHOWING

BUT THE USB THAT I CONNECT WITHOUT EDITTING ANY KEXT OR ANY DRIVER..IT APPEARS..

EVEN THE MIC IS WORKING WELL :D

YES IT AUTO DETECT I JUST SELECT THE DEVICE I'M GOING TO USE IT SHOWS ON SYSTEM PREFERENCES/HARDWARE/SOUND

IT SAID: CHOOSE A DEVICE FOR SOUND OUTPUT (SSS USB HEADPHONE SET)

THE INPUT (SSS USB HEADPHONE SET)

ONCE USING THE HD AUDIO OUTPUT/ ON THE INPUT NONE IS SHOWING

BUT THE USB THAT I CONNECT WITHOUT EDITTING ANY KEXT OR ANY DRIVER..IT APPEARS..

EVEN THE MIC IS WORKING WELL ;)

Really? Let me try buy it today.. Thanks.

Really? Let me try buy it today.. Thanks.

NO PROBLEMO ALIENX2

I JUST TRY AND BUY THE DEVICE YESTERDAY,,I EVEN ASK THE GUY WHAT CHIPSET IS USING TO SAVE MISTAKES INCASE IT WONT WORK..ANYWAY IT DIDN'T COST THAT MUCH SO I BUY IT AND CROSS FINGERS CONNECTING IT, THEN THERE IT IS..AUDIO STARTS WORKING :rolleyes:

NO PROBLEMO ALIENX2

I JUST TRY AND BUY THE DEVICE YESTERDAY,,I EVEN ASK THE GUY WHAT CHIPSET IS USING TO SAVE MISTAKES INCASE IT WONT WORK..ANYWAY IT DIDN'T COST THAT MUCH SO I BUY IT AND CROSS FINGERS CONNECTING IT, THEN THERE IT IS..AUDIO STARTS WORKING :)

thanks.. its working on usb soundcard :P i bought... last 2 days it was closed due to the holiday. Its solved the problem :)

Hy,

I have a problem with IDT 92hd73e on 10.5.6 on VMWare. Tried all found solutions on this forum (AppleHDAPatcher, editing AppleHDA.kext ... ) and no sound so far on my Intel DG45ID.

My hardware id: 111d7676 subsy[s 80865002 rev 1002

Linux codec dump attached.

Help would be appreciated.

codec.txt

hizz

i have a compaq mini 700el

with a IDT card with ID Ven 111 Dev 7608 rev 1001

i have installed ideneb 1.3 10.5.5

everything works except sound even sleep mode.how can i enable the sound card?

if i enable sound card i will post here all the files and instructions "how to" in this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry1011580

P.S in mac the ID given is : 0x103c361A

thanks anticipated

Hi all, first of all thanks to all for your help, this is my first post here so a little story about me... :) i have worked since 1986 with PC and Apple computers, since now i didn't care too much about working with pcs or macs but last week i bought an hp pavilion dv5-1132es, it came with Vista, i didn't care i thought because if i don't like it i can put XP, but i can't because XP doesn't support SATA drivers and HP doesn't support XP for my laptop. And... i hate Vista... is twice slower than XP.

So i installed ideneb 10.5.5 and everything was fine, i patched the wi-fi and now works perfect, but sound doesn't work.

These are the steps i took

1) I installed Azalea driver - no success

My Chipset is nVidia 9200 M GS,

Audio: Vendor 10DE Device 0003

Codec: Vendor 111D Device 76B2

2) I have edited the AppleHDA kext posted here and followed the steps posted here and the steps posted in Pin Config, which are

00a71c1f 00a71d10 00a71e21 00a71f02 00b71c20 00b71d10 00b71ea1 00b71f02 00c71cf0 00c71d00 00c71ef0 00c71f40 00d71c10 00d71d11 00d71e17 00d71f90 00e71c2e 00e71d10 00e71ea1 00e71f28 00f71cf2 00f71d00 00f71ef0 00f71f40 01471cf3 01471d00 01471ef0 01471f40 01871c70 01871d03 01871ea6 01871f90 01971cf5 01971d00 01971ef0 01971f40 01e71ca0 01e71d10 01e71e44 01e71f21 01f71cf5 01f71d00 01f71ef1 01f71f40 02071cf6 02071d00 02071ef1 02071f40 02771cf7 02771d00 02771ef0 02771f40

but not success, i get the device recognized in the Apple Profiler but not in the Sound Preference Pane, and i haven't got sound at all

I post all the screen captures

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

vistaspecs.jpg

pic1.jpg

post-348549-1231086923_thumb.png

post-348549-1231087011_thumb.jpg

Just for Info, may be it can help others...

On dell studio laptops (IDT 92HD73C1 Audio with 2 Jacks line out) the AppleHDA.kext made by Ridgeline worked great but without muting Internal Speakers when Line out (jack) were plugged, and only one jack with sound out in headphones, so i took another AppleHDA for another device with mute working to compare and found what was missing :

Just needed to edit AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.Kext/Contents/InfoPlist

In the Plist I navigated to Root/IOKitPersonnalities/HDA Platform Resource/Layouts/0/PathMapRef/0/

and added :

> 0 to MuteGPIO under Headphone,

> LineOut with MuteGPIO to 0

> under Outputs I changed IntSpeaker from 1 to 0 added LineOut under 1 and changed Headphone from 1 to 2

post-290278-1231365654_thumb.jpg

Now we have 2 Jacks out working : one with Internal Speakers who don't mute (like before) and the other with automute Internal Speakers when jack is plugged ! :D

Hope it can help

Link to the kext

I have working audio with idt Sabres audio on the first page of the thread. the problem is i have no audio when waking from sleep. i have tried a few different kernels and the newest hameleon bootloader (efi v9/chameleon 12). is there something i can do manually to make audio work after sleeping? i try kextload/unload and it doesnt do anything. plz a solution would be sooooo helpful. its the only thing i have keeping me from being 100%

Hey, I successfully got this driver installed, (yay sound works!)

my device id = 0x111D76B2

and I used a pre-modded kext that was posted here, but I'm getting a kernel panic on AppleHDA.kext on shutdown.

I have ALCInject removed, and I've repaired the permissions with diskutil. I saw someone else on this forum repaired disk permission with OnyX to get rid of this problem, is this necessary? Is there any difference with using OnyX to fix my kext permissions, and has any1 else encountered this this kernel panic problem with these drivers on shutdown/restart.

Best

Arthur