[HOW TO] Getting IDT Audio Working

age_sabres18

288 posts in this topic

i have a dv5 (not T) and using raiden's kext works!!!!But i still have a problem....hearphones are detected they work,but the sound is still played by my lappy's speakers when hearphones are connected!!Any ideas about how to solve this problem?

oh i think i know your problems is due to node id in info plist . , just change the headphone section node from 16 to 17

hey guys I have an HP dv3500t and I just installed RAIDEN's sound kexts for my IDT audio and it worked great! even headphones!!! I also installed the battery fix and now my battery is fully supported! thanks raiden, users with similar hp's should try using his files

Btw my Webcam worked straight off after installing following RaidenII's instructions, it asks you to take a image/video for log in.

Follow RaidenII's guide if you haven't already:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=136309&hl=

For your device id, in windows Device Manager:

"Sound, video and game controllers" > IDT High Definition Audio CODEC > Details > Hardware Ids.

Here is mine. Please post your one when you have time.

deviceaj2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Regards

Here you go Hatch, I also posted my Pin Map for tyhe dv7-1175nr in the pin config guide.

idthdacodec01gz6.th.jpgthpix.gif

hdmiaudio02of1.th.jpg

i see what your problem is. your audio controller dev id is wrong. and intel ich9 audio controller will have a dev id ending in 8086.

ex. mine is 0x293e8086

your guna love this but i think u have the exact same setup as me lol try my kext with my pinconfig in it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/156344109/111D...pleHDA.kext.zip

yea i believe it written correctly 111D76B0 becomes ---> B0761D11

i think your confused because they arent really reversed but really they are paired up and then they places are flipped.

its hard to explain :unsure:

Dude i wanna have your babies right now. i used raidens guide to get hpdv5t working but the sound kext he gave me caused my speakers to play when i had headphones in....i used the kext you gave me and it works perfect. everything on my comp works not except the intel 5100AGN wifi.

nothing i am not even able to find the headphone section node in plist....and it keep saying i have cannot save changes when i try to modify anything in it... -_-

I know that i am a damn noob but jaysonz can't you modify it for me?I would REALLY appreciate it.....

just get the kext i posted earlier for my sound :D

Hello! I have a HP mini 1001 with IDT and ich7-m chips.

I have done all the process above, even tried all the AppleHDA.kext people uploaded.(I edit the info.plist with my device ID and replace the AppleHDA with the one that I have modified) To the end, I got everything in system profile and preference, even the function key can call out the on screen volume bar, the system can detect my headphone plugger automatically. But it just has no sound. The only sound is a "bo" while it's booting into desktop.

I would like to try pinconfig. However, the regedit in winxp has nothing like vista. There is not a item named "pinconfigoverride". But I did notice a item named "pin". By the way, since most of the values in pinconfigoverride are numbers. Why most of your configdata in AppleHDAController are alphabet letters?

Hope someone can help me, thanks!

Hi ,

I've a HP 1080el . On Vista i have the same “device class guid” of age_sabres18.

I download AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext . I take the AppleHDA patched by age_sabres18 ( http://rapidshare.com/files/156344109/111D...pleHDA.kext.zip ) .

Now i copy the 2 files into sysyem/library/exstension

reboot

And.. nothing happen :\

Help! :(

Finally the sound work!!! :(

I use this quick guide to install the exstensions , http://osxupdate.blogspot.com/:

1- Grab the kexts (AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext)

2- Open your Extensions folder: /System/Library/Extensions/

3- On that folder, erase AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext

4- Drag and drop the newly downloaded AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext into the Extensions folder.

5- Close the Extensions folder and erase the file named Extensions.mkext, or whatever. You'll find it near the Extensions folder.

6- Open the Terminal - You'll find it on the Go menu on the top bar

7- Type: sudo -s [Enter]

8- Type your password [Enter]

9- Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions/ [Enter]

10- Type: chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext [Enter]

11- Type: chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext [Enter]

12- Type: chown -R root:wheel HDAEnabler.kext [Enter]

13- Type: chmod -R 755 HDAEnabler.kext [Enter]

14- Type: rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.

mkext [Enter]

15- Type: rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/Caches [Enter]

16- Type: diskutil repairPermissions / [Enter]

17- Reboot

Enjoy :blink:

HI,

I have the Studio 1535 with the same audio device!!!

I'm quite a beginner in MacosX? So I would be glad if you could help me out through that period!

Next: I just have MacosX installed. No Windows. Will it be possible, with all the Information about my Soundcard posted, to install it, without using Windows?

1. How can I get my device Id in MacOsX?

Thanks

Basti

Hello! my audio chip is IDT 92HD75B2X5

After I put the pingconfig data into the info.plist, the audio card still doesn't work. Then I tried linux codec dump but the AppleHDA patcher 1.2 showed error of unsupported codec.

Could someone help me to patch the AppleHDA.kext otherwise I can only wait for the next version of AppleHDA patcher. Thanks!

By the way, in winxp, the audio driver is the same one as IDT ID92HD71B7. Maybe that's why all my settings in system pref and system profile are available but still no sound.

Here is my codec dump.codec_dump.txt

i am having the same problem as bongo kong, with raidens kext. when i plug headphones in sound still plays through the speakers, and the touchpad volume control is acting all screwey. also when i wake from sleep i loose sound and i can not shut down properly anymore. any help would be appreciated. here is my codec dump. i am using raidens hda.kext and sabres hdaenabler. any help would be greatly appreciated. i have tried following the guide but i am very confused with the pin config.

Codec_dumpcodec_0.txt

е

Hi age_sabres18,

Thank you very much.. Sound is working (just because of your nice work).

My configuration:

HP pavilion dv5t-1000

my device id is 0x111D76B2. HDMI audio controller is Intel High Definition Codec - Ven8086, Dev 2802.

when I followed your instructions, system_profiler was showing my audio device, but there is no output sound device in system preferences.

In a trial&error method, I simply copied your 111D76B2IntelHDA.kext with your pinconfig in it (by download it from http://rapidshare.com/files/156344109/111D...leHDA.kext.zip). Now, everything is working..

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!  All works! 

HP pavilion dv5t-1048er  works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaysonz @ Nov 14 2008, 06:57 AM)

FINALLY GUYS !!

LINE IN IS WORKING NOW

FOR 0x111D76B2

THANKS YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP AND ALL.

HERE THE KEXT

Hi jaysonz and thanks for all your test.

I have a DV5 1130ef and I use your AppleHda.kext, sound is working but line-in microphone still doesn't...

What should i do ? Do you think we have the same soundcard ? How can I do a dump of my audio sytem in Leopard?

I need Help.

Thanks

It looks like I have the same sound card because sound works perfectly, my ID must be B2761D11 like at the beginin of the topic.

But when I look my PIN config, I have this:

00A71C1F 00A71D10 00A71E21 00A71F02 00B71C20 00B71D10 00B71EA1 00B71F02 00C71CF0 00C71D00 00C71EF0 00C71F40 00D71C10 00D71D11 00D71E17 00D71F90 00E71C2E 00E71D10 00E71EA1 00E71F28 00F71CF2 00F71D00 00F71EF0 00F71F40 01471CF3 01471D00 01471EF0 01471F40 01871C70 01871D03 01871EA6 01871F90 01971CF5 01971D00 01971EF0 01971F40 01E71C0A 01E71D10 01E71E44 01E71F21 01F71CF5 01F71D00 01F71EF1 01F71F40 02071CF6 02071D00 02071EF1 02071F40 02771CF7 02771D00 02771EF0 02771F40 00000034 .

I put this in the HDA controller Plist, but nothing change, the microphone still not work. :P

Hi jaysonz and thanks for all your test.

I have a DV5 1130ef and I use your AppleHda.kext, sound is working but line-in microphone still doesn't...

What should i do ? Do you think we have the same soundcard ? How can I do a dump of my audio sytem in Leopard?

I need Help.

Thanks

are you sure , because mines it work perfect.

could u send me your codec , if you have it ?

thanks

are you sure , because mines it work perfect.

could u send me your codec , if you have it ?

thanks/quote]

It finally works !!! But i don't know how... I just put the new Voodoo kernel 9.5.0. with OSX86 tools.

I have only one small problem now, when I plug a headphone, it switch in sound properties but I still hear sound by internal speakers.

Do you have any idea to resolve this?

Thanks very much.

Hello, i have a Dell Studio 1735 with the IDT Audio, i'm not sure which card, and i installed a kext a while ago, and the sound worked, however after reinstalling kalyway from scratch, i can't seem to get it working anymore.

Is there anyway i can get a working kext for my audio?

I'm willing to provide my IDT Audio card info, if someone can tell me how to...

Thanks

Hello, i have a Dell Studio 1735 with the IDT Audio, i'm not sure which card, and i installed a kext a while ago, and the sound worked, however after reinstalling kalyway from scratch, i can't seem to get it working anymore.

Is there anyway i can get a working kext for my audio?

I'm willing to provide my IDT Audio card info, if someone can tell me how to...

Thanks

Thanks to Ridgeline you can install this kext :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=963672

bye