Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Survey of nForce chipset desktop MOBO Ownership  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Which nForce chipset + CPU MOBO desktop system do you have?

• Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 7 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • I have a Series 600M nForce chipset + AMD S1 CPU laptop/notebook MOBO
    • nForce chipset + CPU combo MOBO not listed above
  2. 2. What is your nForce chipset desktop MOBO system CPU?

• Intel Penryn (Wolfdale)
    • Intel Penryn (Yorkdale)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Quad)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Dual)
    • Intel Core 2 Quad
    • Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Intel Pentium D9xx
    • Intel Pentium D8xx
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Celeron D
    • AMD Phenom
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMP Sempron

964 posts in this topic

I had everything working with THe KiNG legacy kext,, expect for front audio (also I didn't test digital audio). Now with VoodooHDA apparently I have everything working; the only that doesn't seems to work is autoswitch, but is not really a problem.

EDIT: Front/Back mic are displayed on system prefs but not working; I think i'm going back to taruga/THe KiNG, at least until new updates. Also the official thread in the X Labs disappeared..

The links in my VoodooHDA write-up in post #1 were working a moment ago.....?

@Verdant

Hi do you think it would work if i installed kalyway on the hard disk on my other hackintosh then move the hard disk over ?

Unless the MOBO chipsets & vendor/device IDs are the same, i.e. Intel or nForce etc., the transfer is very unlikely to work straight off........

Hello it's me again! I believe there are persons in this forum (or m.b. just Verdant you know some ways of solution) who can solve my only problem... The video-card on my MOBO (nforce 610i / nvidia 7050 256MB) ... I even don't know is it possible to enable QE/CI on it... So if anyone know the issues of enabling let me know... Trying different kexts (Nv inject, Kush, Darwin) and working with EFI studio didn't solve my problem. Sorry if off topic.

Thanks.

PS: Sorry for my english again :P

Stupid siberian student WrsMyMnd

Hello it's me again! I believe there are persons in this forum (or m.b. just Verdant you know some ways of solution) who can solve my only problem... The video-card on my MOBO (nforce 610i / nvidia 7050 256MB) ... I even don't know is it possible to enable QE/CI on it... So if anyone know the issues of enabling let me know... Trying different kexts (Nv inject, Kush, Darwin) and working with EFI studio didn't solve my problem. Sorry if off topic.

Thanks.

PS: Sorry for my english again :P

Stupid siberian student WrsMyMnd

As Krazubu states in his now "disappeared" "Guide for *ALL* nVidia boards, List of supported cards + infos for modding" Insanelymac topic:

Supported :

Almost all models (whatever the brand is) from 4800 to current ones are supported, including resolution change + QE/CI. Only some specific kinds of chips are not supported, see the list below.

Unsupported :

- geForce GTX 200 series. Support is expected with Snow Leopard.

- graphic controllers integrated to the chipset, with shared memory. Those models usually have a number below 300 (eg : 7150, 8200).

- Some Quadro models.

- VAIO displays. The graphic card is not responsible by itself, the problem comes from an
. Only external output can be used.

so EITHER for 7050 or 7100.......which are integrated onboard GPU/video chipsets.......as far as I know not supported by OS X for CI/QE.......and can only run in Vesa mode......

After rebooting by typing -s at the boot: prompt and waiting for the prompt

:/ root# to appear, type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for :/ root# to re-appear:

mount -uw /
	  cd /System/Library/Extensions
	  rm -rf GeForce.kext
	  rm -rf Ge*.kext
	  rm -rf NV*.kext
	  exit

"logout" will then appear on screen followed by "Jettisoning kernel linker" and the rest of the verbose booting screen, resulting in successful booting into the OS X Welcome screen and music.....

The System Profiler shows under Graphics/Displays, 1024x768 resolution 32-bit Color depth and 32MB VRAM with Software Driven CI and QE Not Supported, and against Kernel Extension Info: No kext loaded

Modify the com.apple.Boot.plist file as follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere except where there are spaces)

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1080x32@60" BUT as I said using your display resolution.....

between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press Ctrl X to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

OR for a laptop GeForce Go series GPU, e.g. GeForce Go 7400, GeForce Go 7300, and GeForce Go 7200 you can try NVinjectGo.kext and edit (using e.g. PropertyListEditor) your NVinjectGo.kext > Contents > info.plist to include a VRAM,totalsize entry

post-200327-1239707959_thumb.png

with a value depending on the GPU fixed memory (NOT shared memory):

"VRAM,totalsize" :

<00000008> - 128Mb

<00000010> - 256Mb

<00000014> - 320Mb

<00000020> - 512Mb

<00000028> - 640Mb

<00000030> - 768Mb

<00000040> - 1024Mb

As Krazubu states in his now "disappeared" "Guide for *ALL* nVidia boards, List of supported cards + infos for modding" Insanelymac topic:

so EITHER for 7050 or 7100.......which are integrated onboard GPU/video chipsets.......as far as I know not supported by OS X for CI/QE.......and can only run in Vesa mode......

. . .

Thanks for help. So integrated video-cards is unsupported for QE/CI. I should buy normal gfx device.

By the way I plugged my old PCI-E unworking GF 6600. And... my PC became dead for about an hour... now it seems working 8)

2all Good Luck

WrsMyMnd

@Aly69

Hi mate.

Well, have bad news about a modded BIOS for your mobo.

I asked OriginalMACNUT to mod a BIOS for you and sent him the file, but as the file of your BIOS has .BIN extension, OMN told me that he´s not able to modify it. He can only mod bios with extensions .ROM and one other that I don´t remember right now.

Sorry for that. :)

Cheers.

@Aly69

Hi mate.

Well, have bad news about a modded BIOS for your mobo.

I asked OriginalMACNUT to mod a BIOS for you and sent him the file, but as the file of your BIOS has .BIN extension, OMN told me that he´s not able to modify it. He can only mod bios with extensions .ROM and one other that I don´t remember right now.

Sorry for that. ^_^

Cheers.

Looks as if OMN is not receiving enough donations to keep his web site running........see here......

I might be dropping support for this, I'm going to leave the bios website up for now.

-OMN

thanks to david,

donating, I got 2 more months of service.

I don't mind modding bios, and I try to do this for the community but currently can't afford to keep the site up. but at this point I'll be doing them on an individual bases. Once the service is up, I'm not going to pay to renew it.

-omn

Looks as if OMN is not receiving enough donations to keep his web site running........see here......

Hi mate.

How ya doing? I hope you´re fine.

Well, about the support for OMN´s site, I don´t think is the problem to get the aly69 modded BIOS. Since the first post of OMN that he says he wasn´t able to mod some kind of files and .BIN is one of them. -_-

I wish I could donate for all the people who helps others here. but it´s kinda hard. :(

One day I wish I can give a little big donation. ;) I just need to get my business up and running fine. :)

Cheers.

@ breakingbad I am fine thanks.

It looks as if OMN has moved his site to an ad supported message board........see here..... :thumbsdown_anim:

@ breakingbad I am fine thanks.

It looks as if OMN has moved his site to an ad supported message board........see here..... :thumbsdown_anim:

Good to hear you´re OK. ;)

I´m working a lot these days so I´m a little out on the forum. Every time I get some free time from work I pass by here to check how things are going and say hi.

Yeah! OMN´s changed his site to keep it alive. Thanx for the tip.

I´m always checking his site because some times people owns mobos that already have a modded bios but people don´t know.

Ok, let me go. Got work to do.

Cheers.

For some reason whatever I type in to search through this forum comes back with no results, and I dont know why. Here is my situation:

I have an XFX 680i Ultra mobo

Core 2 Duo - dont remember which chip

2GB RAM

with 1 EVGA 8800GTS 640Mb.

I am trying to install iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 I am pretty sure as to what to select on the install but wanted to double check here. Has any here tried this with this installer, and if so which options have you chosen? That is my basic question, using iDeneb v1.4, what should be chosen during install and that would be awesome!

Thank you in Advance,

~Stephen

Update:

Also looking to max the RAM of the board to 8GB, anything I have to do for this to work properly? as well as setting up a Raid 0 with 2 drives, do I do this in Disk Utility? or the boards raid setup? And I have had some previous experience with a hackintosh, my Acer Aspire one is happily running 10.5.6

For some reason whatever I type in to search through this forum comes back with no results, and I dont know why. Here is my situation:

I have an XFX 680i Ultra mobo

Core 2 Duo - dont remember which chip

2GB RAM

with 1 EVGA 8800GTS 640Mb.

I am trying to install iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 I am pretty sure as to what to select on the install but wanted to double check here. Has any here tried this with this installer, and if so which options have you chosen? That is my basic question, using iDeneb v1.4, what should be chosen during install and that would be awesome!

Thank you in Advance,

~Stephen

Update:

Also looking to max the RAM of the board to 8GB, anything I have to do for this to work properly? as well as setting up a Raid 0 with 2 drives, do I do this in Disk Utility? or the boards raid setup? And I have had some previous experience with a hackintosh, my Acer Aspire one is happily running 10.5.6

Hi there, assuming that you have your BIOS settings and IDE connections (if you have any IDE HDD or DVDRW devices connected) sorted as per post #1 in this thread, then choose:

Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel

AppleNForce ATA

Note that slashack version is required for > 3GB but if you have a SATA DVDRW it may cause some issues in which case use AppleNForceATATest by MeDevil; unfortunately, this kext means you have to run with maxmem=3072 in com.apple.Boot.plist as it does not handle 64bit + > 3GB RAM properly....

Seatbelt.fix

AppleSMBIOS Mac Pro or however it is listed

Audio and network drivers to suit your device chipsets......but likely to need nForceLAN.kext for networking via onboard LAN

Strongly recommend not installing a video driver initially......get the basic OS X system running OK......then install correct video driver for your GFX card via injector (e.g CoreVidia) or EFI strings.....

Use OS X software RAID.......AFAIK OS X does not recognise MOBO BIOS based RAID.......it may recognise some PCI RAID cards (Sil3132 or Sil3124.....?)

Hi there, assuming that you have your BIOS settings and IDE connections (if you have any IDE HDD or DVDRW devices connected) sorted as per post #1 in this thread, then choose:

Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel

AppleNForce ATA

Note that slashack version is required for > 3GB but if you have a SATA DVDRW it may cause some issues in which case use AppleNForceATATest by MeDevil; unfortunately, this kext means you have to run with maxmem=3072 in com.apple.Boot.plist as it does not handle 64bit + > 3GB RAM properly....

Seatbelt.fix

AppleSMBIOS Mac Pro or however it is listed

Audio and network drivers to suit your device chipsets......but likely to need nForceLAN.kext for networking via onboard LAN

Strongly recommend not installing a video driver initially......get the basic OS X system running OK......then install correct video driver for your GFX card via injector (e.g CoreVidia) or EFI strings.....

Use OS X software RAID.......AFAIK OS X does not recognise MOBO BIOS based RAID.......it may recognise some PCI RAID cards (Sil3132 or Sil3124.....?)

Thank you, those were the selections I thought I had to make, few more questions and info on my system. I do have a SATA burner, but can change that to IDE easily so thanks for that. Would rather have the most stable system than experimental, lol. I have had some trouble setting up the raid. I did completely disable it in the BIOS and I can setup the raid from disk utility in the installer, as well as a separate OS X install on another drive. I can get OS X fully installed to the raid, but when I reboot I get an error from the BIOS saying, please insert system disk/retry (for the most part). I go into the BIOS and make sure that the first drive of the raid is there for booting, but wondering if there is anything I am missing, any suggestion on BIOS setting for the XFX 680I Ultra, not the LT... Also is there a major difference between the network kext that I find in the iDeneb v 1.4 installer, there is one there are two labeled for nforce compatibility, but not sure which one to choose? Don't recall the exact names, as I am at work now.

Thanks in Advance again,

~Stephen

Thank you, those were the selections I thought I had to make, few more questions and info on my system. I do have a SATA burner, but can change that to IDE easily so thanks for that. Would rather have the most stable system than experimental, lol. I have had some trouble setting up the raid. I did completely disable it in the BIOS and I can setup the raid from disk utility in the installer, as well as a separate OS X install on another drive. I can get OS X fully installed to the raid, but when I reboot I get an error from the BIOS saying, please insert system disk/retry (for the most part). I go into the BIOS and make sure that the first drive of the raid is there for booting, but wondering if there is anything I am missing, any suggestion on BIOS setting for the XFX 680I Ultra, not the LT... Also is there a major difference between the network kext that I find in the iDeneb v 1.4 installer, there is one there are two labeled for nforce compatibility, but not sure which one to choose? Don't recall the exact names, as I am at work now.

Thanks in Advance again,

~Stephen

Easy answer first......nForceLAN_0.62.13.pkg.zip from here.....it will install nForceLAN for you......

To help on RAID I will need to know what your BIOS RAID menu/submenu and SATA menu/submenu options are.....

Easy answer first......nForceLAN_0.62.13.pkg.zip from here.....it will install nForceLAN for you......

To help on RAID I will need to know what your BIOS RAID menu/submenu and SATA menu/submenu options are.....

Awesome, I can download that and install when I get home, or hopefully this weekend. And I will do my best to get you those settings...

P.S. My apologies for not having my system info on here, will get that on here when I can...

And I just thought of another question. Can any Mac based cards, i.e. PCI-E Sata cards work in this setup? I would assume so as I have a NewerTech MaxPowerN PCI wireless card in and working, but just want to be sure...

Thanks

~Stephen...

It depends on the OS X drivers being available for the RAID card chipset.......typically Silicon Image Sil3124 or Sil3132.......see here......BUT also read up on RAID topics here........

Here are my Raid menu selections from within BIOS...

Under the Raid Config menu I basically have one function only, and that is to either enable or disable, and its set to disable right now. And a selection of which drives I want to use for the raid. If I enable it I can add the 2 hard drives that I want to, but I am not certain if that should be enabled. When its enabled I do get access to the Raid setup utility but I know that will not work as I have tried it. Should I enable the RAID function, but setup the raid in OS X, and not use the Raid utility in BIOS?

And I am not certain what you are referring to by the SATA settings for BIOS.

Thanks again,

~Stephen

Here are my Raid menu selections from within BIOS...

Under the Raid Config menu I basically have one function only, and that is to either enable or disable, and its set to disable right now. And a selection of which drives I want to use for the raid. If I enable it I can add the 2 hard drives that I want to, but I am not certain if that should be enabled. When its enabled I do get access to the Raid setup utility but I know that will not work as I have tried it. Should I enable the RAID function, but setup the raid in OS X, and not use the Raid utility in BIOS?

And I am not certain what you are referring to by the SATA settings for BIOS.

Thanks again,

~Stephen

On some MOBOs' BIOS you need to enable RAID (but can disable RAID for each individual SATA HDD in its sub-menu) in order to enable SATA mode....look at the 680i Ultra BIOS settings in the downloadable template in post #1 in this thread.....

My initial guess is that you need to have the BIOS set like this.....

On some MOBOs' BIOS you need to enable RAID (but can disable RAID for each individual SATA HDD in its sub-menu) in order to enable SATA mode....look at the 680i Ultra BIOS settings in the downloadable template in post #1 in this thread.....

My initial guess is that you need to have the BIOS set like this.....

That is exactly what I was thinking, the table says to enable it, but do not select the drives to use. Thanks so much, I did an initial bench of this with one drive, and compared to my G5 its about 5x faster... I can't wait to setup the raid and get this going as my primary machine! Two last questions if I may and I think I am set...

1. As long as I do not use the Experimental diver for the Sata DVD drive, I can have 8GB of RAM on the board?

2. Is there a major difference between the kexts for NVDarwin, and NVinject?

Basically just wanting to set up the most stable and optimal setup...

Thanks for everything...

~Stephen

That is exactly what I was thinking, the table says to enable it, but do not select the drives to use. Thanks so much, I did an initial bench of this with one drive, and compared to my G5 its about 5x faster... I can't wait to setup the raid and get this going as my primary machine! Two last questions if I may and I think I am set...

1. As long as I do not use the Experimental diver for the Sata DVD drive, I can have 8GB of RAM on the board?

2. Is there a major difference between the kexts for NVDarwin, and NVinject?

Basically just wanting to set up the most stable and optimal setup...

Thanks for everything...

~Stephen

1. To use more than 3GB RAM you need to use slashack’s modified MeDevil AppleNForceATA.kext....when ≥ 3GB RAM is installed, you need 64-bit addressing capability....this kext contains rewritten code that causes it to use a kernel API that supports 64-bit addressing....MeDevil's original and Test kexts do not do so......

2. NVdarwin is more up to date.......latest version is CoreVidia.......you just need to choose the amount of VRAM that your graphics card has.....

1. To use more than 3GB RAM you need to use slashack's modified MeDevil AppleNForceATA.kext....when ≥ 3GB RAM is installed, you need 64-bit addressing capability....this kext contains rewritten code that causes it to use a kernel API that supports 64-bit addressing....MeDevil's original and Test kexts do not do so......

2. NVdarwin is more up to date.......latest version is CoreVidia.......you just need to choose the amount of VRAM that your graphics card has.....

Maybe stupid question but since I am at work, do you know if slashack's modified MeDevil AppleNForceATA.kext is included in the latest iDeneb installer? v1.4...

Thanks again,

~Stephen

Maybe stupid question but since I am at work, do you know if slashack's modified MeDevil AppleNForceATA.kext is included in the latest iDeneb installer? v1.4...

Thanks again,

~Stephen

Not sure.....but you can temporarily boot after installing OS X with -v maxmem=2048 and then use Kext Helper b7 to install slashack's AppleNforceATA.kext v0.1 from here.....it will also keep the iDeneb v1.4 installed nForceATA.kext backed up......