Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Survey of nForce chipset desktop MOBO Ownership  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Which nForce chipset + CPU MOBO desktop system do you have?

• Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 7 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • I have a Series 600M nForce chipset + AMD S1 CPU laptop/notebook MOBO
    • nForce chipset + CPU combo MOBO not listed above
  2. 2. What is your nForce chipset desktop MOBO system CPU?

• Intel Penryn (Wolfdale)
    • Intel Penryn (Yorkdale)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Quad)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Dual)
    • Intel Core 2 Quad
    • Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Intel Pentium D9xx
    • Intel Pentium D8xx
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Celeron D
    • AMD Phenom
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMP Sempron

964 posts in this topic

I discovered one thing: if i press keys during the first seconds of the kernel boot my PS2 keyboard is recognized and all boot well.

My PS2 is recognized randomly. I don't know how to made OSX recognized it at every boot. I boot everytime with -s (single mode) and only 2 times it was recognized... If someone already see such a thing.

Thanks in advance

yes my other hackintosh used to do that (the keybroad would work if you put it to sleep).

hy guys...i dont know if y post on the right topic

i was able to install iATKOS v4a (9E17)on my laptop acer aspire 5520 mobo:acer fuquene, processor AMD Athlon 64x2 dualcore, chipset nVidia nForce610M, graphics nVidia GeForce 7000M 128mb(i think) up to 384mb TurboCache, wireless 802.11b/g atheros AR5007EG,sound realtek ac97 high definition.

This is my selection y made on installation of mac os(iATKOS v4a):

-iatkos main system :yes

-aditional patches :kernel 9.2.0 ToH yes

apple smbios netkas yes

shutdown patch yes

-drivers -vga : (only) nVidiaGo (for laptops)

-system : sata

nforce SATA

NTFS 3G

-network :realtek 8139

atheros 5005eg well done!!

My problem is : no sound,no internet,no recognize mi nvidia 7000m.

when i installed titan drivers, natit,nvinject(one by one) and nforce ethernet i was not able to boot in my os(my laptop freeze...).

Help please guys.I am a noob on mac os x :censored2: :)

sorry for my english

A. You have an integrated onboard GPU/video chipset.......as far as I know not supported by OS X for CI/QE.......can only run in Vesa mode......

After rebooting by typing -s at the boot: prompt and waiting for the prompt

:/ root# to appear, type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for :/ root# to re-appear:

mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf GeForce.kext
rm -rf Ge*.kext
rm -rf NV*.kext
exit

"logout" will then appear on screen followed by "Jettisoning kernel linker" and the rest of the verbose booting screen, resulting in successful booting into the OS X Welcome screen and music.....

The System Profiler shows under Graphics/Displays, 1024x768 resolution 32-bit Color depth and 32MB VRAM with Software Driven CI and QE Not Supported, and against Kernel Extension Info: No kext loaded

Modify the com.apple.Boot.plist file as follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere except where there are spaces)

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1080x32@60" BUT as I said using your display resolution.....

between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press Ctrl X to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

B. For Realtek RTL8139 try kext from here......

C. Your audio codec is as far as I know a Realtek ALC268, so for audio try kext from here......

Hi everyone! My trouble is installing this    :P -godlike-OS on my stupid (may be I'm wrong ;) ) computer.

Here is details:

MOBO: XFX nforce 610i (MCP73V) 

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core 2200Ghz (E2200)

RAM: 1GB 667

HDD: SATA 120GB

VIDEO: integrated nvidia 7050 (256MB)

So I tryed different distros:

iAtkos 4i, iAtkos 1i r3 :  installation stopps after words "using **** buffer headers ..."

iDeneb 10.5.4, Kalyway 10.5.2 : working only with cpus=1. Goes to reboot loop without cpus=1.

iPC 10.5.6 :  installation goes to reboot without cpus=1 (iDeneb or Kalyway installation working without it [mb this is matters]).

So I want to know is it possible to run Leopard onto my *censored* PC with 2 cores working??!!!!

Thanks.

PS: sry for my english, it's my first english post :)

I discovered one thing: if i press keys during the first seconds of the kernel boot my PS2 keyboard is recognized and all boot well.

My PS2 is recognized randomly. I don't know how to made OSX recognized it at every boot. I boot everytime with -s (single mode) and only 2 times it was recognized... If someone already see such a thing.

Thanks in advance

Hi mate.

Well, as verdant said, an USB keyboard & mouse combo will be much better for your system. As you already have USB mouse, take in consideration buying an UBS keyboard, what is not that expensive.

In the begin of my installation process of OS X, I had problem with internet connection because my onboard LAN have not specific driver and connection was dropping all the time. So I decided to buy one Apple USB Ethernet Adapter to make it work fine.

I believe you should buy your USB keyboard, think about one point... you´re running it on a PC based hardware... and I if buy it, you´ll deserve of a pretty wonderful system without paying the price of an iMac or any other model. :P

Cheers.

A. You have an integrated onboard GPU/video chipset.......as far as I know not supported by OS X for CI/QE.......can only run in Vesa mode......

After rebooting by typing -s at the boot: prompt and waiting for the prompt

:/ root# to appear, type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for :/ root# to re-appear:

mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf GeForce.kext
rm -rf Ge*.kext
rm -rf NV*.kext
exit

"logout" will then appear on screen followed by "Jettisoning kernel linker" and the rest of the verbose booting screen, resulting in successful booting into the OS X Welcome screen and music.....

The System Profiler shows under Graphics/Displays, 1024x768 resolution 32-bit Color depth and 32MB VRAM with Software Driven CI and QE Not Supported, and against Kernel Extension Info: No kext loaded

Modify the com.apple.Boot.plist file as follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere except where there are spaces)

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1080x32@60" BUT as I said using your display resolution.....

between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press Ctrl X to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

B. For Realtek RTL8139 try kext from here......

C. Your audio codec is as far as I know a Realtek ALC268, so for audio try kext from here......

thanks a lot man...but nothing...i not resolved my issues.no sound no internet...

i instaled NVinstaller_v2.pkg after i made what you said to mi (unsuccesful)and i ssen this :

chipset model: graphics by nvidia

type : display

vram : 512

vendor:nvidia(0x10de) but mi resolution display is just 1024x768 no more :(

post-346808-1239303030_thumb.jpg

post-346808-1239303341_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone! My trouble is installing this :D -godlike-OS on my stupid (may be I'm wrong :) ) computer.

Here is details:

MOBO: XFX nforce 610i (MCP73V)

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core 2200Ghz (E2200)

RAM: 1GB 667

HDD: SATA 120GB

VIDEO: integrated nvidia 7050 (256MB)

So I tryed different distros:

iAtkos 4i, iAtkos 1i r3 : installation stopps after words "using **** buffer headers ..."

iDeneb 10.5.4, Kalyway 10.5.2 : working only with cpus=1. Goes to reboot loop without cpus=1.

iPC 10.5.6 : installation goes to reboot without cpus=1 (iDeneb or Kalyway installation working without it [mb this is matters]).

So I want to know is it possible to run Leopard onto my *censored* PC with 2 cores working??!!!!

Thanks.

PS: sry for my english, it's my first english post :P

As you will see in post #1 in this thread :

HELP FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING ACPI-APIC

and/or BIOS PROBLEMS (e.g. always needing to use the cpus=1 boot flag)

If your System Hangs after Boot Screen Message:

"Mac framework successfully initialized

Using XXXX buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

where XXXX may be 16384, 14805, 10485, 5242 typically......

XXXX Number Explanation:

16384 is reported to indicate ≥ 4GB RAM

14805 is reported to indicate 2GB RAM

The Error Cause may be:

ACPIPlatform.kext and/or AppleAPIC.kext and/or IOACPIFamily.kext

The Error Solution may be:

Replace ACPIPlatform.kext and/or AppleAPIC.kext and/or IOACPIFamily.kext with compatible version(s); generally found in older distros...…or as an "ACPI Fix" or "ACPI-APIC Old" or similar in recent distros.....

HOWEVER, if different versions of these kexts do not resolve the error, then you may need a modified-DSDT BIOS……this is because the DSDT is a part of the ACPI subsystem.

ACPI is the acronym for Advanced Configuration & Power Interface. The ACPI interface has been around since 1999 and used on the majority of i386 and x86_64 systems since then.

ACPI is an abstraction level that is interfaced between the OS and the platform firmware and hardware. This abstraction layer's, i.e. ACPI's purpose is to hide differences in the platform firmware and/or hardware from most of the operating system kernel codebase, in order that most of the kernel codebase does not have to be changed for the OS to run on systems with different hardware and/or firmware. Thus, OS and the platform can evolve independently so that a new OS should be able to run on old hardware, while an older OS should be able to run on new hardware.

DSDT is an acronym for Differentiated System Description Table. The DSDT contains the Differentiated Definition Block, which supplies the information and configuration information about the base system. It is always incorporated in the ACPI Namespace by the OS at bootup. However, it is sad fact that a number of MOBO manufacturers do not seem able to provide fully functional DSDTs as part of their MOBOs' BIOS.

For example, MSI MOBOs often need a DSDT string-modded BIOS.....read this thread.....and see here......Kabyl may be able to help you.....BUT also see OriginalMACNUT's OSXCORES......e.g. MSI P7N nForce 750i SLI Platinum......also see fassl's DSDT Patcher.......using mackerintel's Chameleon with DSDT Override bootloader......as well as koalala's ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML, CPU Cores, HPET, RTC, TM, GFX......

you could try installing with a ACPI-APIC Fix or Old ACPI-APIC or similar option if it exists in the OS X Install DVD Customize menu.......

BUT first check that your BIOS settings match the 610i chipset recommended settings for OS X in post #1......

Is your DVDRW a SATA device or a PATA (IDE) device.....?

thanks a lot man...but nothing...i not resolved my issues.no sound no internet...

i instaled NVinstaller_v2.pkg after i made what you said to mi (unsuccesful)and i ssen this :

chipset model: graphics by nvidia

type : display

vram : 512

vendor:nvidia(0x10de) but mi resolution display is just 1024x768 no more :)

1. Check in /System/Library Extensions/ that you removed all other injector kexts tried such as NVkush.kext, natit.kext or titan.kext....that only NVinjectGo.kext is present.....

2. Check in /System/Library Extensions/ that

GeForce.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV10Hal.kext

are missing, and reinstall using the 10.5.4 files from here and check in /System/Library Extensions/ that

GeForce.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV10Hal.kext

are now present again

3. Check that you have entered <00000008> for "VRAM,totalsize" since you have 128 fixed i.e. not shared VRAM in your NVinjectGo.kext > Contents > info.plist

post-200327-1239330236_thumb.png

4. In Terminal set ownership and permissions of Extensions folder

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions 
  sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
  sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
  sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
  exit

If this does not work, then try this fix for your 1024x768 resolution.....

As you will see in post #1 in this thread :

you could try installing with a ACPI-APIC Fix or Old ACPI-APIC or similar option if it exists in the OS X Install DVD Customize menu.......

BUT first check that your BIOS settings match the 610i chipset recommended settings for OS X in post #1......

Is your DVDRW a SATA device or a PATA (IDE) device.....?

ACPI fix? Yeah man, I've read this. When I chosing this fix the best what happens is working Leo but only with cpus=1. So I can try to replace ACPIPlatform.kext with another on iAtkos 4i or iAtkos 1i r3 iso.

I compared my BIOS settings with 1st post and I'm sure that it's correct for what I need. I'll attach photos of BIOS sets bit later. 

Thanks.

P.S.: SATA DVDRW

@ wrsMyMnd

Your BIOS settings look OK......but enable HPET and HD Audio Controller......

So when you install OS X from DVD what kernel are you choosing.....?

@ wrsMyMnd

Your BIOS settings look OK......but enable HPET and HD Audio Controller......

So when you install OS X from DVD what kernel are you choosing.....?

I tryed all kernels from Kalyway (nforce, vanilla, speedstep, sleep, modbin, kabyl) and the most from others. It seems all kernels except voodoo are working but none works without cpus=1.  :)  Now trying with HPET enabled...

I tryed all kernels from Kalyway (nforce, vanilla, speedstep, sleep, modbin, kabyl) and the most from others. It seems all kernels except voodoo are working but none works without cpus=1. :P Now trying with HPET enabled...

It is looking as if you will need a DSDT.aml patch file......

It is looking as if you will need a DSDT.aml patch file......

It meens something like install osx86 with "Chameleon with DSDT override function" bootloader and put DSDT.aml into root directory, am I understand correctly??

It meens something like install osx86 with "Chameleon with DSDT override function" bootloader and put DSDT.aml into root directory, am I understand correctly??

Yes, you need to use fassl's DSDT patcher to create a DSDT.aml file from your system and then use a bootloader with DSDT overide function.....see the links in earlier post and post #1.......

Yes, you need to use fassl's DSDT patcher to create a DSDT.aml file from your system and then use a bootloader with DSDT overide function.....see the links in earlier post and post #1.......

Verdant I love you 8)))))   DSDT.aml upped second core of my CPU. Thanks. Hooray!!!!! YOHOUUU :)

Verdant I love you 8))))) DSDT.aml upped second core of my CPU. Thanks. Hooray!!!!! YOHOUUU :)

Glad to help....... :)

610i and 630i nForce chipset MOBOs appear to be the most problematic judging from the posts I get......at least you could get past the "still waiting for root device" error.......

Hey guys

Ive FINALLY got leo4all v3 installed now i can't get it to boot

bjbv3k.jpg

I really don't want to reinstall because it took me 6 HOURS to install it. Can i install it (from my other pc) via usb then stick it into this machine here ?

Ive tried -x -v -s (if i need to edit any files i can't because my ps2 keybroad are not detected, so i would have to plug the hard disk into my other machine.

EDIT ( SORRY FORGOT SPECS) :)

Intel pentium E2160 Dual core 1.80 Ghz

ASUS P5N-MX

1GB OF DDR2 RAM

80GB HARD DISK SATA (OS)

160GB HARD DISK PATA (FILES)

PATA DVD READER

SATA DVD COMBI DRIVE

450 WATT POWER supply

CHIPSET nvida nforce 610i /gefroce 7050 graphics (onbroad not in use)

NVIDA GE FORCE 9600 GSO

Leo4all 10.5.2

Thanks

Alex

@ aly69 Do you only have a PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse?

I got a Compaq CQ50-215CA
  • Nvidia Geoforce 8200m Go
    HDAudio SoftDataFAxModem
    Atheros ar5007
    Nvidia Nforce Ethernet 10/100/1000
    Conexant HDAudio
    Nvidia HDAudio

I am yet to get it to load to the main installition screen all i get is a few ktexts and laptop automatically reboots this is with the Kalaway 10.5.2 DVD. Know i also tried IPC 10.5.6 and it does not reboot it just stops responding to anything tired all the boot commands CPU=1 -v -f -s -x everything and my BIOS is very limited to what you can change in it if anyone has any info on this pc plz let me know i am tired of WIndows.

Would you please start a separate topic as this thread is for Intel CPU nForce chipset MOBOs only and then delete this post......and I will try to help you in your topic......thanks....... :thumbsup_anim:

iHAVE a ps2 keybroad and a usb mouse (but i have a ps2 mouse as well)

PS If you haven't noticed i can't spell very well :(

Yes i only have a ps2 keybroad, but i can plug in the hard disk into my other hackintosh boot from it, and do all the editing there and i can get to the desktop on my other hackintosh

Yes i only have a ps2 keybroad, but i can plug in the hard disk into my other hackintosh boot from it, and do all the editing there and i can get to the desktop on my other hackintosh

You will find that OS X is much happier with a USB keyboard and USB mouse which is what Apple intended OS X to be used with......BTW thanks for PM about OSx86DeFacto working for you....... :(

Verdant, a beta version of VoodooHDA is out, I'm testing it with ad1988b audio and it seems really great.

http://www.darwinx86.org/news/les-news/120-voodoo-hda-audio

Hi there,

I too have downloaded the source to build the kext and try it myself.......it would helpful if you checked it out versus the kext by THe KiNG that I have being trying out......see post #1 LATEST TESTING NEWS......and posted the System Profiler Audio (Built In), Sound output and Sound Input screen shots for AD1988b......

I had everything working with THe KiNG legacy kext,, expect for front audio (also I didn't test digital audio). Now with VoodooHDA apparently I have everything working; the only that doesn't seems to work is autoswitch, but is not really a problem.

EDIT: Front/Back mic are displayed on system prefs but not working; I think i'm going back to taruga/THe KiNG, at least until new updates. Also the official thread in the X Labs disappeared..