Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Survey of nForce chipset desktop MOBO Ownership  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Which nForce chipset + CPU MOBO desktop system do you have?

• Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 7 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • I have a Series 600M nForce chipset + AMD S1 CPU laptop/notebook MOBO
    • nForce chipset + CPU combo MOBO not listed above
  2. 2. What is your nForce chipset desktop MOBO system CPU?

• Intel Penryn (Wolfdale)
    • Intel Penryn (Yorkdale)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Quad)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Dual)
    • Intel Core 2 Quad
    • Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Intel Pentium D9xx
    • Intel Pentium D8xx
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Celeron D
    • AMD Phenom
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMP Sempron

964 posts in this topic

@ breakingbad

I was not joking.....I really do hope disorden's graphics design course goes well......it should do now that he is using OS X.....

hey guys thanks for all ;) yeahhh i have passed 3 years of the carreer so i`m in the last years :( everythings going great at the moment :D

heyyyy breakingbad i didn`t know you are a graphic designer too, well that`s so great, i will look after your mail so we can talk, meanwhile i will look for another hard drive, maybe connecting it by USB so i can try to upgrade to 10.5.6, i can`t waittttt

hey guys thanks for all :gathering: yeahhh i have passed 3 years of the carreer so i`m in the last years :) everythings going great at the moment :D

heyyyy breakingbad i didn`t know you are a graphic designer too, well that`s so great, i will look after your mail so we can talk, meanwhile i will look for another hard drive, maybe connecting it by USB so i can try to upgrade to 10.5.6, i can`t waittttt

@disorden.

Yeah mate. I´m a graphic designer too. I work with art direction to advertising. I graduated as Advertiser and did MBA in Marketing. By now I work as freelancer in advertising and I´m starting my own business with my wife in marketing and fashion, since my wife is a fashion designer. We´re going to start our business as consultants. ;)

@verdant.

I know mate. I was kidding a little. ;)

Cheers for you all.

@ breakingbad

If you follow through with your business the way you have with getting OS X to work on your MOBO, you deserve to be successful...... :gathering:

@ breakingbad

If you follow through with your business the way you have with getting OS X to work on your MOBO, you deserve to be successful...... :D

Thanx a lot mate.

It´s nice to have people like you helping us in what you know best. Like here in InsanelyMac, I´m surrounded by people that works with marketing, advertising and fashion that helps us just like you did to me with my system.

It´s funny because many of my friends ask me why don´t I work with computer and related stuff, but I have this option as a hobby. I like to have fun with it. ;)

Cheers.

bb.

hi mates, well i`m here again :P my second house

well this time i came with another little problem..........it`s about the graphics.............verdant you told me that my video was perfecto, in fact all is working excelent :D but..............................i noticed that some images i downloaded before, some months ago are a little bit strange...........i don`t know how to explain well but i will try...

i`m gonna show you the image.......

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4565/imagen1z.jpg

obviously you will not see the problem because your hackintosh are working well............but inside the green squares y marked in the screnshot it`r the problem........it`s kind opf difficult to explain but the image is kind of pixelated or i don`t know, it just horribleeeee, i think that is a problem with the gradient...i feel like a stupid in explaining this because i show it to my friends and they see the screenshot perfect :( if you could understand me greaaaat, because it happens ony with some images, not with all and i want to solution it...

maybe in some hours i could upload a photo of my screen so you can be able to see what i see....

well that`s all, see you

Fıgured out the problem. I was usıng DVI and not VGA cableö once ı plugged ın the VGA cable ıt worked. But as you may notıceö my keyboard ıs all sorts of messed up. I thınk ıill try another dıstro.

Also there appears to be artıfacts ın my monıtorç where some pıxles are moved and messed up lookıngç.

hi mates, well i`m here again :P my second house

well this time i came with another little problem..........it`s about the graphics.............verdant you told me that my video was perfecto, in fact all is working excelent :D but..............................i noticed that some images i downloaded before, some months ago are a little bit strange...........i don`t know how to explain well but i will try...

i`m gonna show you the image.......

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4565/imagen1z.jpg

obviously you will not see the problem because your hackintosh are working well............but inside the green squares y marked in the screnshot it`r the problem........it`s kind opf difficult to explain but the image is kind of pixelated or i don`t know, it just horribleeeee, i think that is a problem with the gradient...i feel like a stupid in explaining this because i show it to my friends and they see the screenshot perfect :P if you could understand me greaaaat, because it happens ony with some images, not with all and i want to solution it...

maybe in some hours i could upload a photo of my screen so you can be able to see what i see....

well that`s all, see you

well finally i took a photograph of my screen so you can really see what i`m seeing, damm it`s so frustrating :)

here it is..

i hope to fin a solution because images are so important in graphic design

Fıgured out the problem. I was usıng DVI and not VGA cableö once ı plugged ın the VGA cable ıt worked. But as you may notıceö my keyboard ıs all sorts of messed up. I thınk ıill try another dıstro.

Also there appears to be artıfacts ın my monıtorç where some pıxles are moved and messed up lookıngç.

Glad your video issue is sorted out....... :)

Have you checked in /S/L/E/ to see that you do not have any injecter kexts (e.g. NVdarwin, NVkush, NVinject) if you are using EFI strings.......or if not using EFI strings that you only have one injecter kext present......

I cannot remember if you are using PS/2 or USB keyboard & mouse.....the latter is recommended.....

Also try repairing permissions.....

well finally i took a photograph of my screen so you can really see what i`m seeing, damm it`s so frustrating :(

here it is..

i hope to fin a solution because images are so important in graphic design

A number of suggestions.......

1. Try switching your monitor connector to the other graphics card port.....

2. If you have not done so already, Calibrate the Display Color profile via System Preferences > Displays > Color > Calibrate.....

This stuff is so depressing. :(

I got the video to work by reinstalling the stuff, but now my network which was working, does not work now. Oddly, it said the built in network card on nForce chipsets doesn't work, it worked once but doesn't anymore.

Any advice?

This stuff is so depressing. :)

I got the video to work by reinstalling the stuff, but now my network which was working, does not work now. Oddly, it said the built in network card on nForce chipsets doesn't work, it worked once but doesn't anymore.

Any advice?

Check the following:

BIOS settings for onboard LAN are enabled

Apart from nForceLAN.kext in /S/L/E/, make sure that you have no other Ethernet kext such as forcedeth.kext and nForceEthernetController.kext, and you can also check that nvenet.kext is renamed as nvenet.kext.bad so that it does not load......

Hi disorden.

You´re right when you say that image quality is very important in graphic design. I garantee that. :)

Let me ask you something... is this issue happening only with this image or you have same problem with different images? I´m asking you that because here I experienced a little issue with some images generated when I was using Corel Draw in Windows and created an exported image in JPEG that in OS X appears as a black box and I couldn´t see anything. Solved this issue by just re-exporting image with different configurations from the export options.

[]´s

A number of suggestions.......

1. Try switching your monitor connector to the other graphics card port.....

2. If you have not done so already, Calibrate the Display Color profile via System Preferences > Displays > Color > Calibrate.....

Hi disorden.

You´re right when you say that image quality is very important in graphic design. I garantee that.

Let me ask you something... is this issue happening only with this image or you have same problem with different images? I´m asking you that because here I experienced a little issue with some images generated when I was using Corel Draw in Windows and created an exported image in JPEG that in OS X appears as a black box and I couldn´t see anything. Solved this issue by just re-exporting image with different configurations from the export options.

Hi theree again, well verdant i followed your steps and i realize i was very stupid..............now that i think well when i installed Windows xp about a year ago i calibrated the monitor so everything looks great.....but..........when i installed mac os x as evertything looked so well i never calibrated anything so at the beginning nothing happened, now that i`ve installed all that i need i see that my monitor and all the stuff are lighter than in xp so that`s the reason why in xp i never noticed this stuff.

now i have calibrated the monitor so all it`s perfect and the images look like they come out of the LCD, it`s amazing :) so stupid of me sory..

now everuthing is working great i`m very happy, the only thing that i have to configure is someway to open windows programs and games in mac os, i have read about the vmware fusion, crossover and parallels but i have to figure one way to configure the virtual machine without installing xp because i just have it installed and i don`t want to install it again, i just want to open it from mac desktop, so i will continue reading, there must be some way.

thanks again guys, see you ;)

Hi theree again, well verdant i followed your steps and i realize i was very stupid..............now that i think well when i installed Windows xp about a year ago i calibrated the monitor so everything looks great.....but..........when i installed mac os x as evertything looked so well i never calibrated anything so at the beginning nothing happened, now that i`ve installed all that i need i see that my monitor and all the stuff are lighter than in xp so that`s the reason why in xp i never noticed this stuff.

now i have calibrated the monitor so all it`s perfect and the images look like they come out of the LCD, it`s amazing :) so stupid of me sory..

now everuthing is working great i`m very happy, the only thing that i have to configure is someway to open windows programs and games in mac os, i have read about the vmware fusion, crossover and parallels but i have to figure one way to configure the virtual machine without installing xp because i just have it installed and i don`t want to install it again, i just want to open it from mac desktop, so i will continue reading, there must be some way.

You cannot boot directly into your "real" non-virtual XP installation from OS X as they are two different OS's......I have a "real" non-virtual Vista installation on a separate HDD from OS X but I also run a virtual XP install within OS X using VirtualBox......

Glad to know that your system and LCD is working perfect. :)

One thing I realized today is that in Windows, the brightness of the LCD is set to higher levels than in Mac computers. If you notice when calibrating displays in mac, the number they recommend to light is 1.80 when in Windows the leve is 2.20 what means that is brighter. :)

C ya all.

bb.

so.................i can`t do what i think no??

i didn`t know virtualbox but i think is the same.....my question is........ i have to install again xp in oprder to view it from mac desktop?? what i want is to have some software that let me recognize the xp partitio so i select it and i can see it and boot from mac, but as i see isn`t possible no??, the thing is that i have windows xp installed yet so i don`t want to use moooore space for another installation..maybe i`m not clear enough

so.................i can`t do what i think no??

i didn`t know virtualbox but i think is the same.....my question is........ i have to install again xp in oprder to view it from mac desktop?? what i want is to have some software that let me recognize the xp partitio so i select it and i can see it and boot from mac, but as i see isn`t possible no??, the thing is that i have windows xp installed yet so i don`t want to use moooore space for another installation..maybe i`m not clear enough

AFIK The answer to your question is NO because unless you are virtualising Windows in OS X, you cannot boot into a real Windows system from the Mac Desktop while still running OS X, i.e. have two booted "real" systems sharing the same Desktop.......

Alright, still haven't gotten it to work, looks like i need some more help.

I think i need some help choosing my lan driver, i am using the built in lan on my MOBO, i assumed i wanted the nForce driver, but i checked the website for my mobo. The website says i have a "Marvell 88E1116 Gigabit LAN PHY".

So based on that, what driver should i choose, or should i wait to do that until i have a it properly installed with everything other than my lan?

Also my audio is one that confuses me, i have seen alot of options for my built in audio card, i have a "Realtek ALC883 support Intel 8-ch HD Audio". I don't need the digital/optical audio out put, what driver do i choose for my 5.1 surround to work?

Alright, still haven't gotten it to work, looks like i need some more help.

I think i need some help choosing my lan driver, i am using the built in lan on my MOBO, i assumed i wanted the nForce driver, but i checked the website for my mobo. The website says i have a "Marvell 88E1116 Gigabit LAN PHY".

So based on that, what driver should i choose, or should i wait to do that until i have a it properly installed with everything other than my lan?

Also my audio is one that confuses me, i have seen alot of options for my built in audio card, i have a "Realtek ALC883 support Intel 8-ch HD Audio". I don't need the digital/optical audio out put, what driver do i choose for my 5.1 surround to work?

You should be able to use the eno nForceLAN 0.62.13n.pkg.zip installer for your onboard LAN......see here....

For 5.1 surround sound......see here.......install DesktopALC883CAD05.1NoSPDIFIn.kext (if you have no SPDIF In), or DesktopALC883CAD05.1.kext (if you have SPDIF In), and AppleHDA.kext simultaneously using Kext Helper b7......

You should be able to use the eno nForceLAN 0.62.13n.pkg.zip installer for your onboard LAN......see here....

For 5.1 surround sound......see here.......install DesktopALC883CAD05.1NoSPDIFIn.kext (if you have no SPDIF In), or DesktopALC883CAD05.1.kext (if you have SPDIF In), and AppleHDA.kext simultaneously using Kext Helper b7......

Thanks alot, the network is working now, my only problem is just the sad fact that the sound stopped working 100%. I'll retry the sound ones maybe that will do it.

Well, i tried your method and it didn't work. I found an installer method so i ran that, now nothing shows up in the Sound menu or the Audio MIDI thing. But under system information it shows all of my inputs. Any advice?

Assuming HD Audio is enabled in BIOS, rename or remove the audio kexts you have installed and revert to previous kexts (nacked up by Kext helper b7)......and try drivers from here......but also read here......and here....and here.....

Hi verdant.

How you doing mate? I hope you´re fine.

As the subject is the sound around here, let me ask you something. Is there any kext to make the SPDIF out an ALC888 work?

The file I have to install sound on my Leo works perfect for 6 ports, what allows me to choose 5.1 scheme, but my digital out seem not to work, because once I tried installing the 6 ports + digital out from the file I have nothing happened.

Any ideas?

Cheers to all.

bb.

Hi verdant.

How you doing mate? I hope you´re fine.

As the subject is the sound around here, let me ask you something. Is there any kext to make the SPDIF out an ALC888 work?

The file I have to install sound on my Leo works perfect for 6 ports, what allows me to choose 5.1 scheme, but my digital out seem not to work, because once I tried installing the 6 ports + digital out from the file I have nothing happened.

Any ideas?

Cheers to all.

bb.

Hi bb,

I am fine......

Best place to look is here......and so try Desktop ALC888ST.......

Cheers

verdant

Hi bb,

I am fine......

Best place to look is here......and so try Desktop ALC888ST.......

Cheers

verdant

Hi bro.

Well, the kext you sent me produced no effect.

And the one suggested on the other link it´s kinda hard to me. It´s full of codes and unix things that I don´t understand. ;)

I´ll keep this issue quiet by now.

BTW, have you seen the new Chameleon 2.0 RC1? It´s amazing. Installed here in my system is working perfect. Take a look at that. :D That tip is for all you guys in forum too.

Cheers.

bb.