Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Survey of nForce chipset desktop MOBO Ownership  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Which nForce chipset + CPU MOBO desktop system do you have?

• Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 7 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • I have a Series 600M nForce chipset + AMD S1 CPU laptop/notebook MOBO
    • nForce chipset + CPU combo MOBO not listed above
  2. 2. What is your nForce chipset desktop MOBO system CPU?

• Intel Penryn (Wolfdale)
    • Intel Penryn (Yorkdale)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Quad)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Dual)
    • Intel Core 2 Quad
    • Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Intel Pentium D9xx
    • Intel Pentium D8xx
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Celeron D
    • AMD Phenom
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMP Sempron

964 posts in this topic

First suggest you try using DVD Installer Disk Utility to partition the HDD as MBR as before but then format the HDD as MS-DOS (FAT) and reformat as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and then use Disk Verify to check the formatted HDD.......also set IDE DVDRW as Master and IDE HDD as Slave if you have not already.......otherwise if your MOBO has two IDE channels, then try HDD and DVDRW on separate channels, each as Master......

Assuming that Windows is booting fine from the SATA HDD, then Disk Utility should see the SATA HDD.....if not then the Install DVD has not loaded the correct kext at boot up for your MOBO Southbridge chipset......seems unlikely with IAtkos v5i......

So, also recheck that BIOS settings have not changed back to factory defaults rather than the settings, especially IDE/SATA settings, needed for OS X......

Also do a really clean install by using DVD Installer Disk Utility to partition the IDE HDD as MBR as before but then format the HDD as MS-DOS (FAT) and reformat as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and then use Disk Verify to check the formatted HDD.......

Some forum members suggest that OS X is "happier" with SATA HDDs than PATA HDDs.......I am not convinced........so check out slashack's thread and ATA drivers here......

Okay so now i tried installing it from Kalyway 10.5.2 and ya now i could see the sata hdd in working leopard and i was getting good speed on the sata hdd but the speed was same with the PATA hdd and currently i have installed leo on the pata.

Hi all,

my pc:

1- a nforce 610i with 7050 graphics built in mother board.

2- P4 processor.

3- SATA DVD/RW

4- a 160GB SATA hard disk

5- my current os a vista dual xp (i want to triple boot or remove one os for the mac)

6- the MBoard has :

- 4 USB 2.0 back with 2 USB 2.0 in front panal

- 6 Audio outputs

- no serial ports or parallel ports

- 4 sata ports and 1 data and 1 floppy ports

- 2 p/s2 ports

- a NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet

7-my instalation DVD is iPC OSx86 10.5.6

patched with iPC_PPF1 & iPC_PPF2

my problem is when trying to setup in virtual machine the VMware showes my amessage:

*** Virtual machine kernel stack fault (hardware reset) ***

The virtual machine just suffered a stack fault in kernel mode. On a real computer, this would amount to a reset of the processor. It can be caused by an incorrect configuration of the virtual machine, a bug in the operating system, or a problem in the VMware Workstation software. Press OK to reboot virtual machine or Cancel to shut it down.

i don't konw what is causing this so please help me.

Thanks alot.

Ok I have two 80 wire cables :) how do I have to connect them now? :) like you said here:

ty :)

edit: the 80 wire cables are only with one connector on each side so not like my 40 that I can connect two devices on one connector on the mobo

and indeed:

this is true

Assuming the blue connector is IDE Channel 0 and the black connector is IDE Channel 1.......you could try connecting one 80 wire cable between your IDE DVDROM (jumpered as Master) and the blue MOBO IDE connector and connecting the other 80 wire cable between your IDE HDD (jumpered as Master) and the black MOBO IDE connector as Master......... :)

I have a Acer M5641-u5630a with the nForce 630i/MCP73PV chipset as well. I've gotten as far as having iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 installed, but without any working sound, network, sata, etc as well. If you guys have any recommendations, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been trying a few different configurations for the install to see if selecting different drivers would help, but no luck so far.

Start with checking your BIOS settings against the recommended 630i settings in the BIOS template in post #1 of this thread and resetting as required.......then install iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 without choosing any audio, network and video drivers........choosing in Customize menu only the following:

Chipset: AppleNForceATA Test if you have a SATA HDD and SATA DVDRW or AppleNForceATA if you have a SATA HDD and PATA DVDRW

Kernel: 9.4.0 StageXNU (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

Fix: SMBIOS: AppleSMBIOS-27-MP

Applications: Your choice

and then boot with "-v -f cpus=1 maxmem=2048".......N.B. maxmem=2048 only needed for RAM>2GB and let me know how you get on..... :)

Hi all,

my pc:

1- a nforce 610i with 7050 graphics built in mother board.

2- P4 processor.

3- SATA DVD/RW

4- a 160GB SATA hard disk

5- my current os a vista dual xp (i want to triple boot or remove one os for the mac)

6- the MBoard has :

- 4 USB 2.0 back with 2 USB 2.0 in front panal

- 6 Audio outputs

- no serial ports or parallel ports

- 4 sata ports and 1 data and 1 floppy ports

- 2 p/s2 ports

- a NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet

7-my instalation DVD is iPC OSx86 10.5.6

patched with iPC_PPF1 & iPC_PPF2

my problem is when trying to setup in virtual machine the VMware showes my amessage:

*** Virtual machine kernel stack fault (hardware reset) ***

The virtual machine just suffered a stack fault in kernel mode. On a real computer, this would amount to a reset of the processor. It can be caused by an incorrect configuration of the virtual machine, a bug in the operating system, or a problem in the VMware Workstation software. Press OK to reboot virtual machine or Cancel to shut it down.

i don't konw what is causing this so please help me.

Thanks alot.

Sorry, I cannot help much here as I have no experience of installing and running VMware Workstation software......my focus is on non-VMware, i.e. non-virtual installs but perhaps other readers of this thread can help you....... ;)

thanks alot for answer my question, but what about this :

i've burned this iPC 10.5.6 mac os DVD and tried to install it but evry time it reboots and returns to the begining of the indtallation it even didn't proceed to the gary screen of the setup here a screen of what happen :

it is not proceeding any ferther this and restart my pc :

Untitled.jpg

Thanks alot again .

post-351030-1231815188_thumb.jpg

hello, i have sometimes, not often, this kernel panic:

fehleraq2.jpg

second problem, tested all other kernels and this "was" the best one !

No what to do ?!

You need to send a bug report to the Voodoo development team as the screen instructions say.........they may have a bug-fix, workaround etc.......this is because the Voodoo kernel "bug catcher" has flagged up a problem..... <_<

Assuming the blue connector is IDE Channel 0 and the black connector is IDE Channel 1.......you could try connecting one 80 wire cable between your IDE DVDROM (jumpered as Master) and the blue MOBO IDE connector and connecting the other 80 wire cable between your IDE HDD (jumpered as Master) and the black MOBO IDE connector as Master......... smile.gif

so both as master jumpered, and the dvd on blue and hd on black :(

Ok I'll try, and what do I have to check in the costumization window?

Start with checking your BIOS settings against the recommended 630i settings in the BIOS template in post #1 of this thread and resetting as required.......then install iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 without choosing any audio, network and video drivers........choosing in Customize menu only the following:

Chipset: AppleNForceATA Test if you have a SATA HDD and SATA DVDRW or AppleNForceATA if you have a SATA HDD and PATA DVDRW

Kernel: 9.4.0 StageXNU (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

Fix: SMBIOS: AppleSMBIOS-27-MP

Applications: Your choice

and then boot with "-v -f cpus=1 maxmem=2048".......N.B. maxmem=2048 only needed for RAM>2GB and let me know how you get on..... :(

Thanks for the ideas! I really really appreciate it. It seems like the lack of an AHCI option in the bios may be part of the trouble as far as SATA is concerned... Luckily since I have an old 80GB PATA hard drive and PATA dvd drive lying around, I've been using those to boot/install osx86... I'll try out your suggestions and post here again once I do this. Hopefully, I'll figure something out and I'll be able to put together a list of tips for others with the same Acer that I have.

God dammit that f*cking thing is finally installing ^^

Verdant I love you sooo much !!

Now the only thins I want is:

internet (but I've alreade selected the atheros driver for my wifi card, I hope it will work when it starts up)

get my quad core running? :wacko:

and 8800gt drivers :(

Thanks !!

edit: ok blocked at the end, shutted down and restarted, will try to reinstall now.

Allright, lets go.

I own an

1.) Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe with

2.) NForce 4 chipset socket 939 with an

3.) AMD 64 3800+ clocked with 2,4GHz Single Core.

The part with the BIOS settings I'll skip, thats to much to do. I just left nearly anything to standard just changed S-ATA to AHCI mode and saved.

5.) I have 1 IDE DVD-RW/DL internal burner and one fast CD-RW IDE burner. Both work pretty well.

6.) Two Samsung HD161HJ 160GB S-ATA Harddisk and 2 old one over IDE bundled via software raid to a bigger one.

7.) I've installed OS-X at one S-ATA HDD completely and one rescue system installed on a partition on the second S-ATA-HDD

8.) I installed OS-X retail via boot132 with voodoo-kernel possible with opt-patcher and pretty nice functions implemented in voodoo kernel. I used the 10.5.4 retail disk. I put dsmos.kext AppleNForceATA.kext AppleAC97Audio.kext NForceLAN.kext and skge.kext into the Extensionsfolder on boot132. The other things like graphic I inject via EFI-String in boot.plist.

9.) Asus EN7300GT 256mb passive cooled. Usable with just EFI-String in boot.plist created with EFI-Studio. Runs nearly out of the box.

10.) Audigy 4 OEM (non-pro) usable with kXAudio.kext from this forum via pci. Runs great!

11.) All onboard devices running out of the box except ethernet (mentioned above) both ports and ps/2 and some audio ports (Only stereo input and output - > ALC850) -- GBit Ethernet running on both ports. Firewire working fine!

I hope this post might be useful for some users but I'm always available for request for help or generic questions.

Greets so far from germany :wacko:

still waiting for root device here as well

xfx nforce 680i

2x250gig sata drives

1xHP litescribe DVD drive PATA (i think)

Intel 6600 C2D

2GB RAM

512MB Geforce 8800GTS (and/or) 256MB Geforce 8600 (i'm aware i'm only supposed to have 1 of these connected)

Tried iAtkos, IPC 10.5.6, Kalyway 10.5.2

I'm sure there'll be other problems with my system but the one i'm trying to solve here is 'still waiting for root device' which doesn't go away no matter what i try (bios settings, different configs of sata/ide connections, only 1 gfx card connected)

I really want to try USB boot, do i qualify for DeFacto?

ok forget about all that, I installed iatkos and it worked :)

everything works exept:

my cores

don't know about the video driver

and I don't have internet !!!!! Please help me first for this and my cores :)

Thomas

So you only have 1 core working and no internet connection........in Terminal please type

sysctl hw.activecpu

command to confirm that only 1 core is active......what kernel did you install from iATKOS v5i 10.5.5?

Do you have the option of connecting to the internet via your onboard LAN..........if so you need to try eno's latest nForceLAN.kext nForceLAN_0.62.11.kext.zip and install using Kext Helper b7.......reboot with -v -f...... :)

don't know anymore about the kernel when I installed,

the terminal said only 1 core

and I'm now trying the lan :)

nope no lan :( I installed, it said installation looked fine and I had to reboot and now when I go to network, and click ethernet the status is : cable unplugged but the cable is there and the little lights are flashing, also tried safari but no result

don't know anymore about the kernel when I installed,

the terminal said only 1 core

and I'm now trying the lan :)

nope no lan :( I installed, it said installation looked fine and I had to reboot and now when I go to network, and click ethernet the status is : cable unplugged but the cable is there and the little lights are flashing, also tried safari but no result

1. Kernel version.......in Terminal type, uname -a to get me details of the installed kernel.....

2. Onboard LAN......turn off your PC…...unplug the Ethernet LAN cable for 30 seconds, and plug it back in the PC Ethernet port…....then turn on your PC again……

3. The Netgear WG111v2 has a Realtek RTL8187L chipset AFIK.......download installer package from here....

I would need full details on the Belkin N1, TopCom and USRobotics PCI card in order to say if OSx86 kexts are available for their chipsets.....

Hi. I have a problem when I'm going to install iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 on my pc (630i Chipset). The DVD loads up perfect but when I have to chose a drive to install it in I see nothing.I tried going to the Disk Utilities menu but it did not list any partitions for me to select. There was a Verify button and a Create Image button and a convert button too, but again, no partitions were listed to format or do anything and when i try to perform any other functions such as creating the image, it gives me an error along with it.

I have no idea about what to set in the BIOS. i did'nt change any setting at all.

My Config stats are:

Intel Core2Duo E4600 @ 2.4Ghz

2GB DDR2 RAM (667Mhz), 2GB DDR2 RAM(800Mhz)

400GB SATA Hard Drive[1]

Nvidia nForce 630i/7100 Motherboard with HDMI Port

OS - Windows XP Service Pack 2, x64

Sony IDE DVDRW[1]

3 Partitions, Willing to Dual Boot

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 7.1 SoundCard

Here's what i see on iDeneb.

4in60w.jpg

I even tried installing iATKOS_2.0i, but when i put the dvd in the drive and let it boot, it shows the apple screen but does not go any further than that. I maybe wrong at many places and to be precise im a total Noob. Please let me know where am i going wrong and what am i missing.

I checked with the BIOS settings mentioned on the 1st post of this thread but it did'nt help me too much. I could'nt find most of the options in my BIOS mentioned there against 630i, I could only find 3 options which I changed and the screenshots are at the end of this post. After all this I rebooted with the iDeneb DVD and yes it showed my HardDrive in the Disk Utility Menu which never happened earlier. I could'nt really figure out what to do next( a screenshot is posted below) but when i rebooted again to load windows, it started telling me to insert boot media and windows did not load even after reverting the BIOS Settings. I put my Windows Installation Disk to load windows again and it did not list a previous version of installed Windows there. Now when I installed a copy of windows on the same drive while leaving the system settings inact, I get a Dual Boot and my previous Windows run totally fine. I have no idea as to where am I going wrong. Please Help.

Here are my BIOS Shots.

5bntz.jpg

312jwh1.jpg

14dm22w.jpg

2ph5t.jpg

hry8v8.jpg

vcvrmf.jpg

20glc9s.jpg

2vwgpzd.jpg

2ezqqlz.jpg

Another screenshot of what i saw after changing my BIOS Settings.

p1160082ly6.jpg

My HardDrive earlier was never detected untill i changed the following 3 options in my BIOS.

4ut11w.jpg

wrbz7m.jpg

p11600902ut2.jpg

Hi,

I'm trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2. The DVD boots, but it stops allways in the same point (it's in the image)

Before I tried iDeneb 10.5.6, and it installed but it never booted. It stopped allways in the same point too:

"using 14417 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

Any idea?

Best regards and thanks for the help

@umang26

Looking at your BIOS settings, you still need to set Intel EIST to [Disabled], and because you use Windows XP you may need to enable HPET. Your other changed settings are OK......but I would set all "Resume by......" options to [Disabled]......

Since you are having OS X and Windows XP on the same drive, when you installed OS X it sounds as if it overwrote the original Windows bootloader.......having reinstalled Windows XP, you can make the OS X system active following procedure described here.....for dual booting try EasyBCD 2.0 Public Beta from here......

ok ty :D

I'll try it asap, tomorrow I think

and what about the video drivers (nvidia 8800gt 512mb ram)

and my 4 cores? (Q6600)

oh and I also don't have sound

now i boot with cpus=1 otherwise it doesn't boot

To sort out cpus=1 and get 4 cores working you need the correct kernel......recommend Voodoo Release Version 1.0 Rev_A.......but let me know what you are running currently......

For video you have 2 choices:

EFI string approach.......see here.....OR the injecter approach.......fully manually then see here......or, try NVKush Installer package or NVdarwin........

For sound/audio, AFIK it uses the Realtek ALC883 audio chipset codec, so get the drivers from here.....

Hi,

I'm trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2. The DVD boots, but it stops allways in the same point (it's in the image)

Before I tried iDeneb 10.5.6, and it installed but it never booted. It stopped allways in the same point too:

"using 14417 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

Any idea?

Best regards and thanks for the help

First check your BIOS settings against the recommended settings for 610i given in template in post #1 of this thread........then let me know what changes if any you can make.......

ok here some information about the belkin :)

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=299142

But I'll first try the netgear or my lan.. But wouldn't it be strange that the lan works when I do this? :(:P

2. Onboard LAN......turn off your PC…...unplug the Ethernet LAN cable for 30 seconds, and plug it back in the PC Ethernet port…....then turn on your PC again……

btw I'm so happy that you help me men :D;)

edit:

this is the usrobotics name:

USRobotics® Wireless MAXg PCI Adapter

and a site: by me in dutch but you never know it changes or something:

ok here some information about the belkin :)

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=299142

But I'll first try the netgear or my lan.. But wouldn't it be strange that the lan works when I do this? ;):P

btw I'm so happy that you help me men :):D

edit:

this is the usrobotics name:

USRobotics® Wireless MAXg PCI Adapter

and a site: by me in dutch but you never know it changes or something:

Your USRobotics Wireless MAXg PCI Adapter AFIK has a Broadcom Corporation BCM4318.......see here.....

Your Belkin N1 device AFIK may use a Marvell 88E8036 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller chipset or Atheros AR5008 chipset depending on the Model number, i.e. F5DXXXX, or desktop PCI or USB device but also the version number.......

Topcom......details......?