Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Survey of nForce chipset desktop MOBO Ownership  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Which nForce chipset + CPU MOBO desktop system do you have?

• Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 7 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • I have a Series 600M nForce chipset + AMD S1 CPU laptop/notebook MOBO
    • nForce chipset + CPU combo MOBO not listed above
  2. 2. What is your nForce chipset desktop MOBO system CPU?

• Intel Penryn (Wolfdale)
    • Intel Penryn (Yorkdale)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Quad)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Dual)
    • Intel Core 2 Quad
    • Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Intel Pentium D9xx
    • Intel Pentium D8xx
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Celeron D
    • AMD Phenom
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMP Sempron

964 posts in this topic

tried to install video drivers, everything went good till the end I pressed enter, I gave in : reboot and when it rebooted it wouldn't load anymore, it said something from a pause and I couldn't give in start up options...

Install again..? I'm busy with it

the problem with my internet was: when i didn't boot with -x I saw he loaded my nforce lan

but it freezes when i boot without -x

and with -x it doesn't load my lan

solution?

tried to install video drivers, everything went good till the end I pressed enter, I gave in : reboot and when it rebooted it wouldn't load anymore, it said something from a pause and I couldn't give in start up options...

Install again..? I'm busy with it

the problem with my internet was: when i didn't boot with -x I saw he loaded my nforce lan

but it freezes when i boot without -x

and with -x it doesn't load my lan

solution?

Boot with -v -x and run DPCIManager and post ouput here for me.....we can then sort things out hopefully......

Ok i managed to install my graphic card :D but I'm not happy :P There are again little white horizantal stripes on my screen when I move something par example, I hadn't that before,, but maybe thats because the safe mode?

and when I try to open aperture it says that my graphic card does not match the minimumum requirements !! what now :D

And here you got a picture from DPCI manager, my USrobotics card wasn't plugged in btw

post-305749-1232207048_thumb.jpg

not needed anymore it works ALL !!!!!!

exept my sound ...

but I can now boot in normal mode, my graphics card works and when I look it says there are 4 cores.

So just sound :)

Ty so much !!!!!!

What did you have to do to get all working.......do you have full CI/QE in Graphics/displays under System Profiler ?

What is your sound problem with Realtek ALC883......?

I don't know how I did it :) I reinstalled, selected the voodoo kernel so the quadcore worked already, I tried again to install my 8800gt, this time it worked perfectly and it also booted without -x so the lan wasn't a problem also.

about my sound: I don't know I install the drivers you gave me in this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;st=360

it installs I reboot but no sound... or not in itunes and when I do about this mac and I click audio (built in) it says: no built in audio

I don't know how I did it :o I reinstalled, selected the voodoo kernel so the quadcore worked already, I tried again to install my 8800gt, this time it worked perfectly and it also booted without -x so the lan wasn't a problem also.

about my sound: I don't know I install the drivers you gave me in this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;st=360

it installs I reboot but no sound... or not in itunes and when I do about this mac and I click audio (built in) it says: no built in audio

I presume you used

ALC883Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC883 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

zip.gif ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip ( 1.09MB )

If double-clicking on ALC883Audio.pkg did not open and run the Installer package and give you working sound, then try installing the two kexts here http://www.mediafire.com/?j0lnmnwwgms and in audio and MIDI configuration select the aggregate fix to enable 5.1 channel, and you may get surround sound....... :)

but the installation started.. But I'll try the link you gave :)

btw a question:

would a mac keyboard and a mac display work now on my pc?

btw when I type sudo ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh in my terminal to get my usrobotics card working it says command not found and the file is unzipped and on my desktop...

but the installation started.. But I'll try the link you gave :)

btw a question:

would a mac keyboard and a mac display work now on my pc?

As for mac keyboard......may depend on which model but seems problematic.......see here.....

I use a non-mac USB keyboard with UK keyboard mapping software installed......see here..... :)

But I do not see why a mac display should not work because a VGA/DVI output from a GFX card is not OS system dependent, i.e. the GFX card generates the video signal for inputting to the VGA/DVI monitor.......re Apple 23" display......see here....

ok :)

sound works now :) thx ! now only the usrobotics problem and it's ready I think :)

Long journey for both of us.......with happy end in sight!...... :)

indeed :) do you have a idea about the broadcom problem?

What is the Broadcom problem......I assume you followed procedure in this post......? Please elaborate.....

EDIT: When you download the file onto your Desktop, make a new folder, copy the zipped file into the folder, extract to this same folder......in Terminal, cd to this same folder by typing at Terminal prompt cd followed by space, then drag this folder into Terminal to insert the full path to this folder, then run the sudo command......

yes but I posted this above ^^

btw when I type sudo ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh in my terminal to get my usrobotics card working it says command not found and the file is unzipped and on my desktop...

oh and another question, for Iwork 2009 i need to update my mac, can I do that? Won't there be problems?

yes but I posted this above ^^

oh and another question, for Iwork 2009 i need to update my mac, can I do that? Won't there be problems?

Yes......I have seen it now......have edited my earlier post......

About iWork 2009, you do not need to update to 10.5.6.......see here......

ok but can I update if I want?

You can try at your own risk......see here......but have you partitioned your IDE HDD into 2 volumes for a Main OS X system and a Test OS X system?.......so that you have a working 10.5.5 OS X system that you can always clone from if and when your Test OS X system gets totally messed up.....

ok, now i installed the broadcom driver, i thought, it told me that it was done and i had to reboot but still it says no airport cards :D

I assume that you installed all AirPort-Updates from Apple Software Update before running bcm43xx_enabler.sh..... if not, install them and also check that AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext is here: /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/.......

Also note from mcsmart's post #1 here....

• "My card shows up as an AirPort but it says disabled or not configured"
    • This could have many reasons. Try one of the following things:

• Delete the current network setup (in network preferences) and create a new one. Reboot.
      • If you had no luck, try this.
      • If that does not help, open Terminal and type: sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot

• If that does not help, try to move either the kext of your Wireless NIC or the kext of your wired NIC to a location where it does not get loaded on reboot. Then type (in Terminal):
        • sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
        • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
        • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
        • Reboot

[*]If that does not help either, try this. It says it is supposed to work for a LinkSys WMP54G, but I guess it should work with other AirPort cards too.

[*]Some Laptops have an option "Enable Wireless Hot Keys" in the system BIOS. If you have such an option you can try to disable (or enable) it.

[*]If you are using a PCI card, try putting the card into a different slot.

[*]If none of these things did the trick, your card might have a crappy software power-on/off switch. Get a new one :P

Also see here......

About the updates... I think so... when I do update my software it says my mac is up to date..

I'll look to the links tomorrow, I'm a little bit to drunk now ^^

Ty :) :) :)

Thomas

btw I found it till here :

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

no folders in the extension map so I find IO80211Family.kext but not /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

About the updates... I think so... when I do update my software it says my mac is up to date..

I'll look to the links tomorrow, I'm a little bit to drunk now ^^

Ty :):):)

Thomas

btw I found it till here :

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

no folders in the extension map so I find IO80211Family.kext but not /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

Go to Terminal

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

Aight so i finally got enough money to buy me a new DVD burner so i can finally install stuff again. So i Used to have a really good install of Kalyway 10.5.2! But i wanted to try to get to 10.5.5. Well i have tried the updates many a times and failed everytime due to it freezing during the install... So i skipped that downloaded iDened 1.3 and installed that i got it working very well although i had quite a few problems at first it seems to be working great. Only problem is I am Running Pocket Gnome (WoW Bot) and Vuze and i think they conflict and freezing my computer or something. I never catch it in the act i just come back and my computer acts like it went to sleep and wont come back out of it. Even though i have sleep DISABLED. Oh well I wanna try to get to 10.5.6 now. Is there an update i can use or do i have to use a new install dvd? Im fine eith er way although id much rather just update unless its a pain in the ass.. Please help me out here guys! Thank you!

~SilverSix311

Aight so i finally got enough money to buy me a new DVD burner so i can finally install stuff again. So i Used to have a really good install of Kalyway 10.5.2! But i wanted to try to get to 10.5.5. Well i have tried the updates many a times and failed everytime due to it freezing during the install... So i skipped that downloaded iDened 1.3 and installed that i got it working very well although i had quite a few problems at first it seems to be working great. Only problem is I am Running Pocket Gnome (WoW Bot) and Vuze and i think they conflict and freezing my computer or something. I never catch it in the act i just come back and my computer acts like it went to sleep and wont come back out of it. Even though i have sleep DISABLED. Oh well I wanna try to get to 10.5.6 now. Is there an update i can use or do i have to use a new install dvd? Im fine eith er way although id much rather just update unless its a pain in the ass.. Please help me out here guys! Thank you!

~SilverSix311

I recommend trying Mysticus C*'s 10.5.5 Combo Update packages like this:

1. Boot with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048

2. Run nForce Drivers Package v1.2 with following choices nForceATA by slashack and usb fixes/usb mount fix/voodoo beta 2c kernel

3. Restart

4. Run nForce Pre-patch (with Installer logging on) and don't close installer window or restart

5. Run Combo Updater (with Installer logging on) and don't close installer window or restart

6. Run post-patch, choosing NVdarwin GFX Drivers/NVdarwin XXXMB and Patched NVDIA Drivers options...as well as your other selections......using Just Restore for Audio, Lan, etc.

You can then run Voodoo RV v1.0 Rev_A .dmg to install Voodoo RV v1.0 Rev_A kernel....

Hi,

has anyone installed with a MPC73 chipset?

I have tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and iDeneb 10.5.5 and impossible.

I changed the hard drive and unplugged the another I have, so I'm trying to a new sata hdd completely new, but I haven't had any sucessful intallation.