Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Survey of nForce chipset desktop MOBO Ownership  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Which nForce chipset + CPU MOBO desktop system do you have?

• Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO?
    • Series 7 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 6 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 5 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • Series 4 nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO?
    • I have a Series 600M nForce chipset + AMD S1 CPU laptop/notebook MOBO
    • nForce chipset + CPU combo MOBO not listed above
  2. 2. What is your nForce chipset desktop MOBO system CPU?

• Intel Penryn (Wolfdale)
    • Intel Penryn (Yorkdale)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Quad)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme (Dual)
    • Intel Core 2 Quad
    • Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Intel Pentium D9xx
    • Intel Pentium D8xx
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Celeron D
    • AMD Phenom
    • AMD Athlon 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMP Sempron

964 posts in this topic

I have a GA-73PVM-S2H with nforce 630i and Core 2 quad Q6600 and 9800 GTX.

I tried using IAtkos v5i and i was successfull in installing it and i have an upgradable System.

I have 1 Sata hdd on which i have XP and one Pata hdd on which i have leopard and i have 1 PATA DVD-RW.In leopard i cannot

see the Sata drive and the performance on Pata hdd is very slow in leoaprd becuse UDMA is disable i guess.

Everything is working in my leopard except the performance of my hdd .I tried AppleNforceAta but i think it is not supported.

Ya i changed it to the settings listed in the first post and this time when i had set sata in AHCI mode i could see the sata hdd in Disk Utility while installing but still i insatlled it on the PATA and again very slow transfer rates and even the installing takes very much time.After installing now i cant even see my SATA hdd in disk utility.

So now what should i do.

Thank you Verdant

Firstly, because of the heavy data transfer when cloning with CCC or DU, always boot PC with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048........until you are confident enough in your system as regards no KPs under any conditions...... :)

Secondly, my understanding is the DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e generates a patched version of the DSDT section in the ACPI section in your MOBO BIOS......quoting mackerintel

DSDT is a part of ACPI. Actually DSDT tells OS how to interract with  the hardware (simplified way of telling it). OSX has an incomplete ACPI  implementation which supports only a subset of DSDT. By replacing DSDT  we can declare essentially the same interface but in the way that OSX  understands. This potentially can solve nearly any ACPI-related problem  (except if OSX bypasses ACPI). Other usage case is emulating by the  means of DSDT features or hardware components not present on your  system. But this is limited to devices that use ACPI.

and outputs as a dsdt.aml file. This file should be renamed from dsdt.aml to DSDT.aml and copied to your root / directory......

The Chameleon bootloader with DSDT override function looks in the root directory / for a file named DSDT.aml and if it finds one, it overrides the DSDT loaded at bootup from your BIOS with contents of this file, which is your patched DSDT, by overwriting the loaded-up DSDT with the patched DSDT......so, AFIK, your BIOS is not modifed by this method......

So, you need fassl's DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e.zip......and macerintel's Chameleon bootloader with DSDT override function (chameleon.zip)......note that chameleon file in chameleon.zip should become your boot file in / directory i.e root directory, if you use "Easy Install" option for Chameleon.......check that Bootloader PC EFI v9 by netkas and Chameleon has DSDT overide function included, if so OK.....

Thirdly, first try renaming AppleEFIRuntime.kext AppleHWSensor.kext if they are present in your Extensions directory, also any thermal kexts, i.e. kexts with thermo or thermal in their name, as well as AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.....

Hi verdant...

I went to my Extensions to check the files you told me to rename, and all of that were already renamed. Maybe because it´s origins are the Mysticus files and he knows what to do like you. :blink:

So I guess my next step is to patch the DSDT file from my system and check what happens. This files you sent me are to be ran under Windows or OS X? Because I was reading one of the links you sent me previously and it says it has to be run under Windows and .NET should be installed to the system.

[]´s

EDIT

Hi mate.

I patched my DSDT file and now I have a patched DSDT file waiting for be placed in the right spot. ;) The problem is... where to put him? That file you sent me of camaleon has no extensions showing so I don´t really know how to deal with it...

@ de_autojohn, breakingbad, sidhant92......my replies to you last posts are below......

Ok, I also tried Iatkos one time because kalyway doesn't work and then I got another error (see attachment)

:P

I want kalyway running on my pc!!

This is what I do in disk utility:

I partition my hd (ide 80gb)

format it as ms-dos

format it again as mac os extended journal

partition it as mac os MBR

What Am I doing wrong?

Nothing that is obvious based on what you are posting here....assuming that you partition as MBR and format as MS-DOS (FAT) and then reformat as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).........

Is your IDE cable 40 or 80 wire.....? It should be 80 wire AFIK according to some users who had problems with IDE HDDs until they changed from 40 to 80 wire ribbon cable......

Can you resize your Vista SATA HDD to create a free primary NTFS partition that can be re-formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), or can you try another PATA or SATA HDD from a friend.......?

Hi verdant...

I went to my Extensions to check the files you told me to rename, and all of that were already renamed. Maybe because it´s origins are the Mysticus files and he knows what to do like you. ;)

So I guess my next step is to patch the DSDT file from my system and check what happens. This files you sent me are to be ran under Windows or OS X? Because I was reading one of the links you sent me previously and it says it has to be run under Windows and .NET should be installed to the system.

[]´s

EDIT

Hi mate.

I patched my DSDT file and now I have a patched DSDT file waiting for be placed in the right spot. ;) The problem is... where to put him? That file you sent me of camaleon has no extensions showing so I don´t really know how to deal with it...

This dsdt.aml file should be renamed to DSDT.aml and copied to your root directory, i.e. / directory......which is the same directory where your kernel is.......

cd /
ls

"you should see mach_kernel, plus other files (also normally hidden on desktop) plus the directories such as System that you see normally....

If your DSDT.aml is in the unzipped DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e directory, then

sudo mv /Volumes/Your OS X HDD/DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e/dsdt.aml /Volumes/Your OS X HDD/DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e/DSDT.aml 
cp /Volumes/Your OS X HDD/DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e/DSDT.aml /
ls

"you should now see DSDT.aml and mach_kernel, plus other files (also normally hidden on desktop) plus the directories such as System that you see normally....

I have a GA-73PVM-S2H with nforce 630i and Core 2 quad Q6600 and 9800 GTX.

I tried using IAtkos v5i and i was successfull in installing it and i have an upgradable System.

I have 1 Sata hdd on which i have XP and one Pata hdd on which i have leopard and i have 1 PATA DVD-RW.In leopard i cannot

see the Sata drive and the performance on Pata hdd is very slow in leoaprd becuse UDMA is disable i guess.

Everything is working in my leopard except the performance of my hdd .I tried AppleNforceAta but i think it is not supported.

Ya i changed it to the settings listed in the first post and this time when i had set sata in AHCI mode i could see the sata hdd in Disk Utility while installing but still i insatlled it on the PATA and again very slow transfer rates and even the installing takes very much time.After installing now i cant even see my SATA hdd in disk utility.

So now what should i do.

Thank you Verdant

I replied to your previous post in post #314......did you not see or read it......? ;)

This dsdt.aml file should be renamed to DSDT.aml and copied to your root directory, i.e. / directory......which is the same directory where your kernel is.......

cd /
ls

"you should see mach_kernel, plus other files (also normally hidden on desktop) plus the directories such as System that you see normally....

If your DSDT.aml is in the unzipped DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e directory, then

sudo mv /Volumes/Your OS X HDD/DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e/dsdt.aml /Volumes/Your OS X HDD/DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e/DSDT.aml 
cp /Volumes/Your OS X HDD/DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e/DSDT.aml /
ls

"you should now see DSDT.aml and mach_kernel, plus other files (also normally hidden on desktop) plus the directories such as System that you see normally....

I replied to your previous post in post #314......did you not see or read it......? :D

Hi mate.

Did the change of the DSDT for the patched one, rebooted and system is running fine. I don´t know how to thank for all your help and effort with my little problems. You may be tired of explaining the same thing zillion times. Let me ask you something... have you ever thought about writing a book on that? You have some much info about this that you could earn some money selling your knowledge... think about it...

Now let´s wait and see with system behaves nice. If it doesn´t, no donut for it. LOL.

[]´s

EDIT

After all the effort we made patching the DSDT.aml didn´t solve the problem. After rebooting it took a while to get freeze again. Using Safari. Nothing special. :)

Now I really don´t know what to do.

[]´s

It is with all hd's I try, that's what I found strange, only my sata hd from my vista I haven't tried yet

but I don't really know how I have to do that :s, keep getting errors in diskpart so can you explain it from step 1?

Thx :)

edit: and the strange thing is: I already had iDeneb on the same pc a few months ago ! And now also Ideneb wouldn't install... How strange is that?

It is with all hd's I try, that's what I found strange, only my sata hd from my vista I haven't tried yet

but I don't really know how I have to do that :s, keep getting errors in diskpart so can you explain it from step 1?

Thx :)

edit: and the strange thing is: I already had iDeneb on the same pc a few months ago ! And now also Ideneb wouldn't install... How strange is that?

If you have not tried yet, disable Onboard 1394 (Firewire) in BIOS and let me know what happens when you try to run the Install DVD with -v cpus=1 etc. as before......if you see your HDDs in Disk Utility, remember to use a volume name without spaces......

How have you got the 750GB SATA HDD partition/formatted for Vista currently......?

Is there a reason why the bios settings pdf says to disable the 3rd and 4th core for the 630i chipset?

I ordered the Zotec NF630i-f-e motherboard, the q6600 quad-core 2.4ghz, the Apex MI-100 case, a dvd writere, a 1u cpu cooling fan and 4gb of ddr2-800.

I'm trying to setup a cheap mac mini replacement considering Apple didn't release the new ones. It would be a real shame to disable the 3rd and 4th core on this setup to get leopard installed.

A.

1. Evga nForce 650i Ultra 775 T1 (non sli)

2. 650i

3. Intel Quad Q6600 B3, 2.4 GHz (stock)

4. Ill take photos later, sorry.

5. 1 PATA (IDE) DVDRW Drive

6. 1 Raptor 150GB 10kRPM, 1 WD2500JS (250GB 7200RPM)

7. Windows XP installed on raptor, WD Caviar is brand new (want to install on this HD)

8. Windows XP Pro x32

9. Evga GeForce 8800GTS 512MB Crysis Edition (thats what it said on the NCIX site)

10. Extra USB port thing plugged into PCI, and a Creative Xifi Gamer Sound card (I bought Bose companion 5's so the card is only used for my 5.1 headset/mic)

11. 10 USB 2.0 ports, and basically every port on the 650i and antec 900.

B.

1. iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 / and some md5.rtf file that came with it

2. I would like to know if installing this on the extra hard drive, i would have to boot back onto XP to get missing sound drivers/ethernet port drivers/video drivers. I also read that there are some mac installations which install all the drivers for you, is iDeneb one?

1. Check your BIOS settings against 650i template in post #1 of this thread......and change as recommended.....

2. Is your iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 DVD nForce patched?

3. Recommend you partition your WD HDD as follows......as Master Boot Record (tends to cause fewer problems than GUID for most people) and formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) into the following volumes:

1st volume as a small 8-10 GB volume at start of your HDD to use as a OS X boot volume with a basic working OS X install, which will allow you to modify/test OS X updates on the main and backup volumes without ever risking not being able to boot into OS X from this HDD (and allows me to use Disk Utility etc. fix the other OS X volumes, install/remove files etc);

2nd and 3rd volumes are 100GB each, to use for OS X Main and Backup systems respectively

4th volume is a 20 GB OS X Installer volume for archived OS X x86 installer software.

5th volume is a 20 GB MS-DOS (FAT) Share volume shared by Vista and OSX

Obviously, you can choose whether or not to set up 4th and 5th volumes, or just share this space between 2nd and 3rd volumes......

Is there a reason why the bios settings pdf says to disable the 3rd and 4th core for the 630i chipset?

I ordered the Zotec NF630i-f-e motherboard, the q6600 quad-core 2.4ghz, the Apex MI-100 case, a dvd writere, a 1u cpu cooling fan and 4gb of ddr2-800.

I'm trying to setup a cheap mac mini replacement considering Apple didn't release the new ones. It would be a real shame to disable the 3rd and 4th core on this setup to get leopard installed.

One column is the factory default BIOS settings list, which has Core 0 and 1 as [Enabled] and Core 2 and 3 as [Disabled] (assumes Core 2 Duo CPU fitted, I guess), whereas my recommended OSX86 settings list has Core 0 as [Enabled] but Cores 1,2 and 3 as [Enabled,Disabled] giving you the choice depending the number of cores in your CPU........ :thanks_speechbubble:

the vista samsung sata hd is used for my vista and is already partitioned for my vista, so I don't know how I have to add another partition now.

Can't it be useful to update my bios to 0803? The maker of this tut used 0803 and maybe something will be ok again?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=83092

Re Vista how many NFTS volumes have you partitioned it into.......?

I am running 0803 BIOS on my Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus........see my first blog entry........I switched to it because it was the only BIOS that enabled stable overclocking on my MOBO....... :)

BUT I thought KellyKelly is using 0903 BIOS according to the signature details.....you would need to be sure about using the correct version 0803 BIOS.......

Hi mate.

Did the change of the DSDT for the patched one, rebooted and system is running fine. I don´t know how to thank for all your help and effort with my little problems. You may be tired of explaining the same thing zillion times. Let me ask you something... have you ever thought about writing a book on that? You have some much info about this that you could earn some money selling your knowledge... think about it...

Now let´s wait and see with system behaves nice. If it doesn´t, no donut for it. LOL.

[]´s

EDIT

After all the effort we made patching the DSDT.aml didn´t solve the problem. After rebooting it took a while to get freeze again. Using Safari. Nothing special. :rolleyes:

Now I really don´t know what to do.

[]´s

You should try repairing permissions again on OS X volume.......

my sata hd has 2 partitions

updating bios didn't helped :thumbsup_anim:

please help me verdant.. It is so strange.. It worked a few months ago and now :s with not one HD... with not one version...

tomorrow I'll try a redownloaded kalyway and also once my sata dvd reader but I don't hope anymore...

my sata hd has 2 partitions

updating bios didn't helped :thumbsup_anim:

please help me verdant.. It is so strange.. It worked a few months ago and now :s with not one HD... with not one version...

tomorrow I'll try a redownloaded kalyway and also once my sata dvd reader but I don't hope anymore...

OK let us try again.......in Vista you see both SATA and IDE HDDs, as well as SATA and IDE DVDRWs, and everything works OK....?

I know it is a pain but please post screen shots of your BIOS settings, including submenus.........

Another thing worth trying first is to temporarily remove the USRobotics Wifi NIC.......

You should try repairing permissions again on OS X volume.......

Could it be done through OSx86Tools ? If yes, let me know because I have this app. :thumbsup_anim:

[]´s

EDIT

Permissions are repaired via OSx86Tools. I´ll tell about system behave so soon. ;)

OK let us try again.......in Vista you see both SATA and IDE HDDs, as well as SATA and IDE DVDRWs, and everything works OK....?

I know it is a pain but please post screen shots of your BIOS settings, including submenus.........

Another thing worth trying first is to temporarily remove the USRobotics Wifi NIC.......

Ok I'll try this the next time, I see in vista my two dvd drives ! And of course also my sata hd but not my ide hd in this computer but when I do run and type diskmgmt.msc I see this so windows finds it but don't see what type of hd it is:

ScreenShot036-1.jpg

And here are the pictures of my flashed bios, It's flashed to 1301, but I sometimes get a error from my bios when I startup but when I hit F1 it continues normally.

10012009281.jpg

10012009282.jpg

10012009283.jpg

10012009284.jpg

10012009285.jpg

10012009286.jpg

10012009287.jpg

10012009288.jpg

10012009289.jpg

10012009290.jpg

10012009291.jpg

10012009292.jpg

10012009293.jpg

10012009294.jpg

10012009295.jpg

10012009296.jpg

10012009297.jpg

10012009298.jpg

I hope you are something with it :P

And again ! thank you soooo much for helping me :unsure:

In my new download there is also this :

ScreenShot037-1.jpg

do i have to add this if yes how? Please explain very simple because I searched already a lot...

Hey verdant... let me show you something...

I know that´s off topic but still curious about this... this issue we discussed in a little earlier post but we didn´t come to a nice conclusion... it´s about CCC. I booted using -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 so I can clone my working partition to a backup one. So, when it comes to a certain point the progress bar stops, bout the Gb counter is still running as you see in this pics and the comes an error message that I saved the log file that´s posted here too. Take a look at this.

PICS of CCC in action:

picture1mf5.th.png picture2fz9.th.png picture3og8.th.png picture4tj4.th.png picture5nc6.th.png

LOG file from CCC:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmemmkmwxnw

@ de-autojohn

A. Your PC cable connections

For both Vista and OS X Disk Utility (on Install DVD).....

1. What happens when you set the IDE HDD as Primary IDE Slave, positioned on 2nd cable connector [Grey?] closest to MOBO connector (with jumper on HDD set on CS) and set the Toshiba DVDROM Primary IDE Master,positioned on 2nd cable connector [black?] furthest from MOBO connector (with jumper on HDD set on CS)?

2. What happens when you set the IDE HDD as Primary IDE Master (with jumper on HDD set on Master) and the Toshiba DVDROM is set as Seconday IDE Master (with jumper on HDD set on Master)?

3. What happens when you move SATA HDD to SATA 1 and SATA DVDRW to SATA 2?

B. Your BIOS settings

CPU Configuration

CPU Internal Thermal Control [TM1 & TM2] If you do not have this option tell me all other options

Limit CPUID MaxVal [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

Enhanced C1 (C1E) [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

Virtualization Technology [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

Advanced

Plug & Play OS [No] Please tell me the other options too

Primary Display Adapter [PCI] Please tell me the other options too

IDE Function Setup

OnChip IDE Channel0 [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

OnChip IDE Channel1 [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

IDE DMA transfer access [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

Sata Controller 1, 2 [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

SATA DMA transfer [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

SATA Port 3, 4 [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

SATA2 DMA Transfer [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

IDE Prefetch Mode [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

NVRAID Configuration

Raid Enable [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

SATA1 RAID [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

SATA2 RAID [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

SATA3 RAID [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

SATA4 RAID [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

HD Audio [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

Front Panel support Type [HD Audio] HD Audio is a guessed option BUT Please tell me all options

OnBoard nVidia LAN [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

Onboard LAN Boot ROM [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

Onboard 1394 [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too (if you need this, hopefully it can be enabled)

JMicron SATA controller [AHCI] AHCI is a guessed option BUT Please tell me all options

USB Controller [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

USB Legacy Support [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

USB 2.0 Controller [Enabled] Please tell me the other options too

CPU Q-Fan Control [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

Have you got the CPU cooling fan running at 100% all the time?

Chassis Q-Fan Control [Disabled] Please tell me the other options too

Have got the non-CPU case/chipset cooling fans running 100% all the time?

C. New download

We can consider this when A. and B. are sorted........OK?

@ breakingbad

Hey verdant... let me show you something...

I know that´s off topic but still curious about this... this issue we discussed in a little earlier post but we didn´t come to a nice conclusion... it´s about CCC. I booted using -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 so I can clone my working partition to a backup one. So, when it comes to a certain point the progress bar stops, bout the Gb counter is still running as you see in this pics and the comes an error message that I saved the log file that´s posted here too. Take a look at this.

PICS of CCC in action:

picture1mf5.th.png picture2fz9.th.png picture3og8.th.png picture4tj4.th.png picture5nc6.th.png

LOG file from CCC:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmemmkmwxnw

Some things to do:

1. Look for any locked folders on source volume, as these will be cloned as "locked" and so cannot be written to....

2. Boot with -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=2048

3. Repair permissions on source volume before cloning

Ok i really need some help with my P5N-E SLI

You replied to me in the post of the iPC relese which is what I'm trying to install of course

Ok first install used following config:

9.5.0 Voodoo kernal

Nvinject 320 MB VRAM

AppleNForceATA Drivers

ALC883

nForce Ethernet Driver

Patched USB Driver

SATA Drive Icon Fix (New)

Dual Boot time Sync

IOPCIFamily.kext 10.5.5

All Applications except Marvins AMD Utility

Result: Gave me a Stop sign threw the Apple on the boot screen

Then I booted with -v -f cpus=1 which yielded the error Failed to load extentsion com.apple.driver.APPLEACPIPCI (so I figured it was due to IOPCIFamily.kext 10.5.5 so I didn't use it again)

Second install used following:

either 9.4.0 modbin Patched kernal or 9.4.0 StageXNU Universal kernal

Nvinject 320 MB VRAM

AppleNForceATA DriversTest

Dual Boot time Sync

Result: Would boot to light blue screen and stuck there no keyboard or mouse

When booted with -v -f cpus=1 (i think) I got Gray screen with stuck cursor same with -x

Third install used following:

Did not select kernal this time

Nvinject 320 MB VRAM

AppleNForceATA Drivers (used original again)

Dual Boot time Sync

When booted with -v -f cpus=1 (i think) I got Gray screen with stuck cursor same with -x

My PC setup is:

Asus P5N-E SLI 650i

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz

2 GB Ram

8800 GTS 320 MB

Bios:

Disabled Raid

Disabled IEEE

Disabled JMicron

SATA HD formated via gparted for triple boot. Ubuntu, XP Media Center, Mac OSX

btw before with like kalyway or iAtkos they didnt even work although i have a feeling it was my disk dause i ran a test on that batch and the PFI & DMI error rate was HORRIBLE so that may have been why. but I would really like to get this one installed if possble

Ok first my bios settings:

CPU Configuration

CPU Internal Thermal Control [TM1 & TM2] auto and disabled !! TM1 & TM2 isn't listed anymore !!

Limit CPUID MaxVal [Disabled] enabled

Enhanced C1 (C1E) [Disabled] enabled

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled] disabled

Virtualization Technology [Disabled] enabled

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep [Disabled] enabled

Advanced

Plug & Play OS [No] yes

Primary Display Adapter [PCI] PCI-E

IDE Function Setup

OnChip IDE Channel0 [Enabled] disabled

OnChip IDE Channel1 [Enabled] disabled

IDE DMA transfer access [Enabled] disabled

Sata Controller 1, 2 [Enabled] disabled

SATA DMA transfer [Enabled] disabled

SATA Port 3, 4 [Enabled] disabled

SATA2 DMA Transfer [Enabled] disabled

IDE Prefetch Mode [Enabled] disabled

NVRAID Configuration

Raid Enable [Disabled] enabled

SATA1 RAID [Disabled] enabled when Raid enable is set to enabled

SATA2 RAID [Disabled] enabled when Raid enable is set to enabled

SATA3 RAID [Disabled] enabled when Raid enable is set to enabled

SATA4 RAID [Disabled] enabled when Raid enable is set to enabled

HD Audio [Enabled] disabled

Front Panel support Type [HD Audio] HD Audio only

OnBoard nVidia LAN [Disabled] enabled

Onboard LAN Boot ROM [Disabled] enabled

Onboard 1394 [Disabled] enabled -- don't know what this is !

JMicron SATA controller [AHCI] disabled/enabled

USB Controller [Enabled] disabled

USB Legacy Support [Enabled] disabled

USB 2.0 Controller [Enabled] disabled

CPU Q-Fan Control [Disabled] enabled

I don't know about the cpu cooling fan if it is running at 100%?

Chassis Q-Fan Control [Disabled] enabled

no but my case is open all the time

Ok en about the start up options:

I don't really get it, I have two IDE connections on my mobo, a blue one and a black one above the blue one:

11012009306.jpg

And this is picture of my two IDE devices at the back:

11012009307.jpg

At the moment a cable goes from my black connector first to my IDE HD and second to my DVD, the blue connector isn't used.

And I have following options for my HD with my jumpers:

DS (master)

CS enabled

Cap limit

And these for my dvd:

CSEL

Slave

Master

1. What happens when you set the IDE HDD as Primary IDE Slave, positioned on 2nd cable connector [Grey?] closest to MOBO connector (with jumper on HDD set on CS) and set the Toshiba DVDROM Primary IDE Master,positioned on 2nd cable connector [black?] furthest from MOBO connector (with jumper on HDD set on CS)?

I did this: I still had one cable from my mobo first to my hd and then to the dvd and with a jumper on the hd by cs enabled, I saw my hd in the bios as Primery IDE master and the toshiba as Primery IDE slave

when I changed the devices so first the dvd and then the mobo it was the same, and when I putted a jumper on CSEL on my dvd (because I saw I forgot that) I couldn't see my hd anymore in the bios :s my dvd was set as primery ide master like you said but my hd had power but wasn't available :s

Sow Am I doing it right if not could you please explain 1 and 2 with blue conector black conector one or two cables and the terms on my IDE devices because otherwise it will be hard to get done I think :wacko:

Anyway thx for helping :unsure:

Thomas

Ok first my bios settings:

CPU Configuration

CPU Internal Thermal Control [Auto]

Limit CPUID MaxVal [Disabled] OK

Enhanced C1 (C1E) [Disabled] OK

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled] OK

Virtualization Technology [Disabled] OK

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep [Disabled] OK

Advanced

Plug & Play OS [No] OK

Primary Display Adapter [PCI] Set as PCI-E if your GFX card is PCI-E

IDE Function Setup

OnChip IDE Channel0 [Enabled] OK

OnChip IDE Channel1 [Enabled] OK

IDE DMA transfer access [Enabled] OK

Sata Controller 1, 2 [Enabled] OK

SATA DMA transfer [Enabled] OK

SATA Port 3, 4 [Enabled] OK

SATA2 DMA Transfer [Enabled] OK

IDE Prefetch Mode [Enabled] OK

NVRAID Configuration

Raid Enable [Disabled] OK

SATA1 RAID [Disabled] OK

SATA2 RAID [Disabled] OK

SATA3 RAID [Disabled] OK

SATA4 RAID [Disabled] OK

HD Audio [Enabled] OK

Front Panel support Type [HD Audio] OK thought you originally had AC97 as option?

OnBoard nVidia LAN [Disabled] OK

Onboard LAN Boot ROM [Disabled] OK

Onboard 1394 [Disabled] OK..... this is Firewire, so can enable if needed

JMicron SATA controller [May have to try Enabled and also try Disabled]

USB Controller [Enabled] OK

USB Legacy Support [Enabled] OK

USB 2.0 Controller [Enabled] OK

CPU Q-Fan Control [Disabled] Enabled gives BIOS control of CPU fan speed according to CPU temperature

I don't know about the cpu cooling fan if it is running at 100%?

Chassis Q-Fan Control [Disabled] OK

no but my case is open all the time

Ok en about the start up options:

I don't really get it, I have two IDE connections on my mobo, a blue one and a black one above the blue one:

11012009306.jpg

And this is picture of my two IDE devices at the back:

11012009307.jpg

At the moment a cable goes from my black connector first to my IDE HD and second to my DVD, the blue connector isn't used.

And I have following options for my HD with my jumpers:

DS (master)

CS enabled

Cap limit

And these for my dvd:

CSEL

Slave

Master

I did this: I still had one cable from my mobo first to my hd and then to the dvd and with a jumper on the hd by cs enabled, I saw my hd in the bios as Primery IDE master and the toshiba as Primery IDE slave

when I changed the devices so first the dvd and then the mobo it was the same, and when I putted a jumper on CSEL on my dvd (because I saw I forgot that) I couldn't see my hd anymore in the bios :s my dvd was set as primery ide master like you said but my hd had power but wasn't available :s

Sow Am I doing it right if not could you please explain 1 and 2 with blue conector black conector one or two cables and the terms on my IDE devices because otherwise it will be hard to get done I think :P

Anyway thx for helping :P

Thomas

See comments on BIOS settings above......I will get back to you on IDE connections later....... :)

UPDATE: IDE CABLE CONNECTIONS

1. The modern 40-pin Ultra DMA 80-wire cable can be made connector-specific by jumpering CS (Cable Select) on HDD and jumpering CSEL (Cable Select) on the DVDROM, because the cable connectors are usually color-coded as follows:

Blue connector to the host i.e. MOBO,

Black connector to the chosen primary device, i.e. device cable-selected as Master (usually i.e.should be the END connector of the cable)

Grey connector to the chosen secondary device, i.e. device cable-selected as Slave (usually i.e. should the MIDDLE connector of the cable)

BUT not always......... :unsure:

With such a cable, if you jumper the DVDROM as Master and the HDD as Slave, or vice versa, then the Slave device is usually connected to the middle connector and the Master device to the end connector (with the Blue connector as always connected to the MOBO IDE connector)

2. If you have the older 40-pin 40-wire Cable Select cable, then the Master Connector is the MIDDLE connector of the cable, and the Slave connector is the END connector of the cable (with the Blue connector as always connected to the MOBO IDE connector).

3. If you have the older 40-pin 40-wire Regular (non-Cable Select) then the function of the MIDDLE and END connectors on the cable 40-pin 40-wire (with the Blue connector as always connected to the MOBO IDE connector) are determined by the jumper settings on the devices connected to each (i.e. Master or Slave). With such a cable, if you set both devices as Cable Select, each will configure itself as Master, causing a signal conflict.

4. If you have the very rare situation of one device having to be jumpered on Cable Select and the other jumpered as Master or as Slave (i.e. no CS or CSEL option), then Cable Select mode is invoked, configuring the MIDDLE connector of the cable as Master on older 40-pin 40-wire Cable Select cable, and on modern 40-pin Ultra DMA 80-wire cable, configuring the END connector of the cable as Master (with in either case, the Blue connector connected to the MOBO IDE connector).

Confusing or what......... :wacko:

Your photographs and results suggest that you may have an older 40-pin 40-wire Cable Select or Regular cable......

Your MOBO has two separate IDE channels, hence the two IDE connectos on the MOBO.......I am guessing that the blue connector is IDE Channel 0 and the black connector is IDE Channel 1.......if you had two IDE cables you could try connecting your IDE DVDROM to the blue MOBO connector as Master and your IDE HDD to the black MOBO connector as Master if other IDE arrangements do not work........

post-200327-1231715000_thumb.jpg

Ok i really need some help with my P5N-E SLI

You replied to me in the post of the iPC relese which is what I'm trying to install of course

Ok first install used following config:

9.5.0 Voodoo kernal

Nvinject 320 MB VRAM

AppleNForceATA Drivers

ALC883

nForce Ethernet Driver

Patched USB Driver

Dual Boot time Sync

IOPCIFamily.kext 10.5.5

Result: Gave me a Stop sign threw the Apple on the boot screen

Then I booted with -v -f cpus=1 which yielded the error Failed to load extentsion com.apple.driver.APPLEACPIPCI (so I figured it was due to IOPCIFamily.kext 10.5.5 so I didn't use it again)

Second install used following:

either 9.4.0 modbin Patched kernal or 9.4.0 StageXNU Universal kernal

Nvinject 320 MB VRAM

AppleNForceATA DriversTest

Dual Boot time Sync

Third install used following:

Did not select kernal this time

Nvinject 320 MB VRAM

AppleNForceATA Drivers (used original again)

Dual Boot time Sync

My PC setup is:

Asus P5N-E SLI 650i

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz

2 GB Ram

8800 GTS 320 MB

Bios:

Disabled Raid

Disabled IEEE

Disabled JMicron

SATA HD formated via gparted for triple boot. Ubuntu, XP Media Center, Mac OSX

btw before with like kalyway or iAtkos they didnt even work although i have a feeling it was my disk dause i ran a test on that batch and the PFI & DMI error rate was HORRIBLE so that may have been why. but I would really like to get this one installed if possble

QUOTE(verdant @ Jan 11 2009, 08:40 PM) post_snapback.gifReally???......how about my latest blog entry dated Sunday 28th December 2008 here.......as mentioned in Post #1 Section 5 of either of my Series 7 or my Pre-Series 7 nForce + Intel MOBO threads...... :D

Your THE MAN the blog post (which sorry i dodnt know how to get to LOL) did it for me XD I LOVE you man XD

Glad to help...... :(

It's a Gateway computer with a somewhat custom OEM motherboard made by MSI. It has the nforce 630i/MCP73 chipset. Closley matches the P6NG line, but has no perfect match. CPUID lists the model as 'MS-7399'.

I have a Acer M5641-u5630a with the nForce 630i/MCP73PV chipset as well. I've gotten as far as having iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 installed, but without any working sound, network, sata, etc as well. If you guys have any recommendations, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been trying a few different configurations for the install to see if selecting different drivers would help, but no luck so far.

Ok I have two 80 wire cables ;) how do I have to connect them now? :D like you said here:

With such a cable, if you jumper the DVDROM as Master and the HDD as Slave, or vice versa, then the Slave device is usually connected to the middle connector and the Master device to the end connector (with the Blue connector as always connected to the MOBO IDE connector)

ty :D

edit: the 80 wire cables are only with one connector on each side so not like my 40 that I can connect two devices on one connector on the mobo

and indeed:

OK thought you originally had AC97 as option?

this is true

HI mate.

I followed your steps about the freezing options and I´m working on tests, booting with some different flags and putting the system to work so I can see when freezes will happen. Yesterday spent most of the day using OS X under the flag cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and got no freeze at all, so today I decided to start booting cpus=2 maxmem=2048 and watch system behave. Till now everything seems to be fine. ;) I´ll report issues if I got it.

Thanx for the help.

[]´s