new macbooks finally support 9xxx so now...

dandaman1976

70 posts in this topic

If somebody tells me what files we need I'll post them. I've stopped using osx86 and opted to use my mbp for mac use so I'm slightly out of the "scene." I'd be happy to get my shiny new 9600 GT working in osx :)

[edit] im currently uploading everything in the extensions folder of the update to rapidshare, when its done I'll post a link.

[edit2] link: http://rapidshare.com/files/154407076/Extensions.tgz.html

I've extracted files from Apple's update. There's no 9600's ID in those kexts.

Manually added Device ID and tested.

No kernel panic, but on my laptop the screen doesn't display anything after the driver was loaded. The system still runs.

It seems that this driver works but output is on another display.

It's new hope for nVidia Shared Memory Card?

Yes, for the new ones of course, not for the old ones.

Successfully booted, but can't recognize 9600GT (showed "Graphics by NVIDIA" instead).

QE/CI don't work.

"Graphics by NVIDIA" comes from the injector (in you case is NVinject 0.2.1) not from drivers.

Okay, then it is recognized. How to get QE/CI work?

After 10.5.5 update is trickier than before, you need to test several injectors or EFI strings.

On some Rigs Injectors Work, on other EFI strings and a very few either.

I've extracted files from Apple's update. There's no 9600's ID in those kexts.

Manually added Device ID and tested.

No kernel panic, but on my laptop the screen doesn't display anything after the driver was loaded. The system still runs.

It seems that this driver works but output is on another display.

Can you upload somewhere the kext you have modded to get the 9600gt working?

Another question....you are talking about the desktop's 9600gt right?Not the 9600m gt (laptop version)that should be natively supported by those new kext.....am I wrong? :)

Another question....you are talking about the desktop's 9600gt right?Not the 9600m gt (laptop version)that should be natively supported by those new kext.....am I wrong? :)

No, its the 9600m gt, its in his sig

It didn't natively support my 9600M and I don't know why. I wonder why changing IOProbeScore to 0 would make system freezes at logon screen.

i think someone should go to their nearest apple store, bring a usb stick, and "borrow" the kexts from the new macbooks :)

I had offered that in another forum, but was led here because the kext's are in the update and have already been posted on rapidshare.

sorry Cyclonefr....but i'm a total noob!What's a natit clone?To install them i just need to install the kext i found in the updater using kext helper?

thanks for the help

@raidenII so what did you do to make your 9600gt successfully recognized?

Edit: lol raidenII i didn't noticed it at first but it seems we have exactly the same laptop....is yours an HP dv5 1080el?What do you mean by Realtek ethernet is unstable?Looks like mine is working ok because i'm connected to the router trought it with no problem at all.....

sorry Cyclonefr....but i'm a total noob!What's a natit clone?To install them i just need to install the kext i found in the updater using kext helper?

thanks for the help

@raidenII so what did you do to make your 9600gt successfully recognized?

Edit: lol raidenII i didn't noticed it at first but it seems we have exactly the same laptop....is yours an HP dv5 1080el?What do you mean by Realtek ethernet is unstable?Looks like mine is working ok because i'm connected to the router trought it with no problem at all.....

I'm using dv5t. I said unstable because sometimes it would automatically disconnect without any prompts.

I'm now looking for QE/CI solution and sound card driver...

tried to install the kext using kext helper....no luck.Still the 9600m gt is not working.

Probably i should do the same mod to the kext you did to make 9600gt work.

Can you help me with that?What should i do to get it at least working without QE/CI?

Is your graphic memory 512M? If yes, just download my kexts and install them. They should work.

If not, changed the NVinject, add the device id and try.

Doesn't work. The system turned out to be extremely slow and couldn't accept my keyboard and mouse input.

You can boot in Single User mode and edit the Injector's Info.plist just before everything goes slow.

i think someone should go to their nearest apple store, bring a usb stick, and "borrow" the kexts from the new macbooks ;)

Why do you complicate things, you can download the MacBook Software Update, ahhh you dont read.

You can boot in Single User mode and edit the Injector's Info.plist just before everything goes slow.

Why do you complicate things, you can download the MacBook Software Update, ahhh you dont read.

hey macgirl, i figured i would give this a go - i have a 9600m GS and i used xdarwin's 1.2.2 software and edited all the NEW kexts from the update to match my device ID,

it finally boots with full 1900 by 1200 resolution, however i do not have a refresh rate settings nor do i have qe/ci, any ideas how i can get that to work?

thank you.