Apple Legal can't be that busy

macmaniac

18 posts in this topic

Does say a lot about the kind of company Apple really is though.

This is NOT Apples fault. If you knew anything about trademark infringements then you'd know that (in this case Apple) has to enforce ownership or they risk loosing their trademark. Did you know that "Elevator" "shredded wheat" "aspirin," and "cellophane" were all once unique trademarks? The companies that owned them did not protect them, and they were used so often that they became synonyms for the products themselves - rather than brand names, and then after that those companies lost their trademark protection. Apple has no choice in the matter but to follow trademark requirements, and that means they need to protect their Apple symbol or they risk losing it forever.

That's like saying only Apple is allowed to have a logo that looks like an apple

No it doesn't say that at all. There are obviously other companies with apples in their logo. Apple just needs to protect logos that look similar to theirs, and the one in this case does.

You can't reallymake one apple logo look all that different from another besides angles and colors. Apples only come in certain colors and shapes anyways. It's not like Apples come in all shapes and sizes now. So then if these 2 logos look alike, then when I see Hyundai cars I'm gonna complain to them because it looks like Hondas logo with the big H. Personally to me, that makes no sense. Now, say that it was the same exact shape, same exact logo with words put on it, I could completely understand. But it's not. It's just an apple.

No it doesn't say that at all. There are obviously other companies with apples in their logo. Apple just needs to protect logos that look similar to theirs, and the one in this case does.

Um, no. It looks absolutely nothing like Apple's logo.

VSBT_logo_small.jpg

apple-logo.jpg

There is no way people could mistake these two logos as being the same.

That's {censored} imo.

Of course it's {censored}. And any normal person of even moderate intelligence would agree that the way patents and trademarks are issued and abused is in desperate need of reform.

How the freak could any reasonable person think that trademarking a freaking apple or the phrase "I'm loving it" is OK ? "shredded wheat" ?!?

Even if you do hold the trademark on something, it doesn't mean you have to go after every single "infringement".

But as is usually the case, arguing with a hardcore fanboy for whom the party in question can do no wrong is completely pointless. ^_^