GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

I'm hoping there is support for the 4500 mhd, otherwise I will be trying out linux again with a few nice themes. Downloading that file you have posted drgonzo123, fingers crossed :D

EDIT: I'll stop downloading it now xD Downloading Aarons file :D

Need to install shnow leopard, have you tried installing the kexts aaron? Wonder if they need plist editing or something :(

Intel HD video is the on-die GPU integrated in i5/i7s

sorry but they are different from 4500MHD

Darn!!!

So the questions begin:

Did Apple purposefully work with Intel to avoid the integrated GPUs on these new Macs being compatible with the ever growing Netbook (but now almost all x4500 thanks to Pine Trail) market?

Did Steve get tired of Hackintosh Netbook headlines, and decided to put the issue to rest once and for all with Apple's official answer to the netbook having been released?

In the future will Intel help Apple protect its fiefdom with two tiers of integrated GPUs?

it doesn't matter where it is on the board we have the driver which is close to the GMA 4500 in architecture all we have to do is fill in the missing info to fool it to recognize the GMA4500 so we can get this 2year project to come to a close.

UPDATE

during boot Appleintelhdgraphicsfb.kext failed to get pci version number.

i think i put in the right info but i'm not sure as i am new to this and have no idea what the hell i am doing lol.

Yeah, same thing here, can't just change the plist to get it to work... :)

I tried and system hang.

Waiting for your good news considering I'm not professional.

the same for me, system will not boot with modded drivers, even though I am not sure if I edited the correct values. I am no professional either, just a hobbyist programmer with no experience in hardware. Judging by the filenames of the kexts indicates that IF we get this thing going, we will get QE and CI(AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle & AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin are for OpenGL)

very interesting:

"

Next-generation graphics.

Inside the 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro models is the new NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M discrete graphics processor — the fastest graphics ever in a Mac notebook. With 48 processing cores and up to 512MB of dedicated video memory, this graphics processor delivers even more horsepower than the previous generation. And you don’t have to sacrifice efficiency for speed: The NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M is up to 30 percent more energy efficient than its predecessor. For even greater power savings, MacBook Pro also includes integrated Intel HD Graphics.

On-demand performance.

Off-the-charts efficiency.

The 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro models come standard with automatic graphics switching. It’s a breakthrough technology from Apple that switches graphics processors on the fly to give you performance when you need it (when you’re playing the latest 3D game, for example) and better battery efficiency when you don’t (such as when you’re reading email). MacBook Pro transfers the workload between the powerful discrete NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics processor and integrated Intel HD Graphics so seamlessly, you won’t even notice. Whether you’re using applications like Aperture, Motion, or Final Cut Pro or just surfing the web, your MacBook Pro always knows which processor to use. You don’t have to log out, shut down, or change your preferences. Automatic graphics switching does it all for you.

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/performanc...60270&sr=em

the same for me, system will not boot with modded drivers, even though I am not sure if I edited the correct values. I am no professional either, just a hobbyist programmer with no experience in hardware. Judging by the filenames of the kexts indicates that IF we get this thing going, we will get QE and CI(AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle & AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin are for OpenGL)

What did you edit?

Once I read somewhere, once get CI, you'll get QE.

I believe more code work need to be done, not just adding device id .We need real programmer like Netkas.

However, I think playing with x3100 drivers is more likely to succed. I got Agpm error with x3100 drivers, so I guess it has sth to do with QE/CI.

kxld[com.apple.driver.AGPM]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
Apr 13 20:55:43 -MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AGPM]:  __ZN13IOFramebuffer28getAttributeForConnectionExtElmPm
Apr 13 20:55:43 T-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AGPM]:  __ZNK13IOFramebuffer25getGraphicsSystemWorkLoopEv
Apr 13 20:55:43 T-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AGPM - link failed.
Apr 13 20:55:43 T-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AGPM.
Apr 13 20:55:43 Tobeys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AGPM failed to load (0xdc008016).
Apr 13 20:55:43 T-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AGPM (error 0xdc008016).

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
		<string>0x00448086 0x00468086</string>

I presume they are the id's for the 5700. So I have added the gma4500's:

<string>0x2A428086 0x00448086 0x00468086</string>

---------- Or something like this -----------

<string>0x00428086 0x00448086 0x00468086</string>

Thats probably useless anyways xD Hoping we can get this working though :)

Once I read somewhere, once get CI, you'll get QE.

I believe more code work need to be done, not just adding device id .We need real programmer like Netkas.

However, I think playing with x3100 drivers is more likely to succed. I got Agpm error with x3100 drivers, so I guess it has sth to do with QE/CI.

kxld[com.apple.driver.AGPM]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
Apr 13 20:55:43 -MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AGPM]:  __ZN13IOFramebuffer28getAttributeForConnectionExtElmPm
Apr 13 20:55:43 T-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AGPM]:  __ZNK13IOFramebuffer25getGraphicsSystemWorkLoopEv
Apr 13 20:55:43 T-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AGPM - link failed.
Apr 13 20:55:43 T-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AGPM.
Apr 13 20:55:43 Tobeys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AGPM failed to load (0xdc008016).
Apr 13 20:55:43 T-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AGPM (error 0xdc008016).

Change the Mac Model to get AGPM loaded? MacPro4,1?

<string>0x00448086 0x00468086</string>

I presume they are the id's for the 5700. So I have added the gma4500's:

<string>0x2A428086 0x00448086 0x00468086</string>

---------- Or something like this -----------

<string>0x00428086 0x00448086 0x00468086</string>

Thats probably useless anyways xD Hoping we can get this working though ;)

If you had read, We did try that yesterday, and no go. The cards are too different for them to work. UNLESS we get someone who knows what there doing to work on them, netkas is a good idea.

If you had read, We did try that yesterday, and no go. The cards are too different for them to work. UNLESS we get someone who knows what there doing to work on them, netkas is a good idea.

we first need to get it loadad properly to assume that they're too different.