OMN'S DSDT BIOS FIX-Getting past the CPU=1

314 posts in this topic

Hi OriginalMACNUT.

I have a hp pavilion m8517c and it has a IPIBL-LB MB. I see you already have a bios mod for this MB but im not sure if it will work normal been from a diferent model. Can you tell me if its ok for me to use the one you already modded on my pc without problems? thanks bro.

Hi OriginalMACNUT.

I have a hp pavilion m8517c and it has a IPIBL-LB MB. I see you already have a bios mod for this MB but im not sure if it will work normal been from a diferent model. Can you tell me if its ok for me to use the one you already modded on my pc without problems? thanks bro.

I wouldn't think so, but you could cross reference the boards to see. Just be sure before flashing.

Hi OMN,

Is there a possibility that a PC (hackintosh) can have speedstep capability with original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext without any patch or hack software/kext/kernel or even without modified BIOS? My Acer Aspire 9420 have the capability & the only thing I do is applying DSDT override by fassl. The only code I add to DSDT was for audio (HDEF). I will compare my SSDT table with the one from macbook/macbook pro.

BTW, I did installed VMware Fusion 2.0.4. I don't know if this have anything to do with it.

I was, once, accidentally loaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext without either Disabler.kext or IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext (no DSDT override too) present in the Extensions or Extra folder without any problem or kernel panic.

As for my Acer Aspire 3680, I was able to generate a working dsdt.aml using fassl's tools. Initially it was failed (just like I told you before) but when I take a closer look to the error, I found out that it just a simply logic error in the code. I just fixed it & after that I was able to compile a working dsdt.aml.

kizwan

Hi OMN,

Is there a possibility that a PC (hackintosh) can have speedstep capability with original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext without any patch or hack software/kext/kernel or even without modified BIOS? My Acer Aspire 9420 have the capability & the only thing I do is applying DSDT override by fassl. The only code I add to DSDT was for audio (HDEF). I will compare my SSDT table with the one from macbook/macbook pro.

BTW, I did installed VMware Fusion 2.0.4. I don't know if this have anything to do with it.

I was, once, accidentally loaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext without either Disabler.kext or IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext (no DSDT override too) present in the Extensions or Extra folder without any problem or kernel panic.

As for my Acer Aspire 3680, I was able to generate a working dsdt.aml using fassl's tools. Initially it was failed (just like I told you before) but when I take a closer look to the error, I found out that it just a simply logic error in the code. I just fixed it & after that I was able to compile a working dsdt.aml.

kizwan

Guess it depends on your dsdt table, I've been running vanilla Kernel & AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

for quite sometime now. But only after fixing the HPET and the dual core issue, and My E6750 works perfect, it actually runs hotter if the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is not installed.

Some work, some don't.

So, to answer your question.

Just depends if the company took the time to write a good dsdt table.

This is my DSDT & SSDT table obtain from Acer Aspire 9420. In case you want to take a look. :)

aceraspire9420_ssdt.zip

kizwan

I'll have a look at it in the morning, but in the mean time, I forgot to post your bios last time.

I was able to mod it, just forgot to post it. Side note, it won't let you have 2 cpu's, just the bios has been Hard Fixed for the HPET & RTC.

-OMN

Also, if you have a working dsdt.aml

just post your bios and the dsdt together, for the Aspire 9420

I'll have a look at it in the morning, but in the mean time, I forgot to post your bios last time.

I was able to mod it, just forgot to post it. Side note, it won't let you have 2 cpu's, just the bios has been Hard Fixed for the HPET & RTC.

-OMN

Thank you very much OMN. :)

Also, if you have a working dsdt.aml

just post your bios and the dsdt together, for the Aspire 9420

Aspire 9420 loaded with BIOS (Phoenix) version 1.18, however I'm unable to find it anywhere on acer website. The only version I found are 1.13, 1.20 & 1.24. I tried to backup BIOS ROM to a file but did not found any suitable tool for the job (backup only). Phlash & WinPhlash keep asking for new BIOS image file even though I just want to backup only. I'm only able to post working dsdt.aml & latest BIOS image version, 1.24. I don't know if it helps because dsdt.aml was generated (and fixed with fassl's DSDT Patcher) from currently loaded BIOS ROM, which is v1.18.

aspire9420_biosV1.18_dsdt_aml.zip

BIOS:-

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/asp.../bios/v1.24.zip

kizwan

Hy

I have my DSDT (obtained with fassl) or ubuntu method.

but I've created a dozen of dsdt.. all of them are compiled with errors.. from 8 to 60 and more!

I've tried too the SSDT method.. without success. Then now I'm using the DSDT with less errors. but all the people in the world which have

Laptop ACER 5930g

last bios 1.23 is ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/asp.../Bios/v1.23.zip

has the problem that at boot (with efi v9, chameleon 2, dsdt override etc i tried all, really sure!)

sometimes it start after pressing the partition with mac..

sometimes no. It's random. I confirm.. I spoke with greeks, russian, american, spanish, all have the same problem..

there's a moment (in linux, vista or mac) after the post, after reading the mbr and the bootsector, when (I think) HAL and ACPI tables are read. All of people hear clearly the sound of the dvd reader that start a check.. and immediately the hard disk start to read and boots the system

before the sound of the dvd.. this is exactly the moment when the mac osx stops randomly.

Because our appleacpi is fixed in order to have good and running osx, I think and presume that If I have a dsdt really patched (as diabolik did for asus a5n7a-vm --dsdt can use hpet without disabler.kext, with audio injected and with vga without any injector--)

or a bios modded.. we could have the boot always good.

now, i'm only asking you if you can give us an idea.. sorry for bad english

ugo

-OMN

I have successfully flashed the modified BIOS. Tested it by removing dsdt.aml from EFI partition & looks like all are going well. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext loaded without any problem. I run fassl's DSDT Patcher to see how much optimizations can be done with the modified BIOS. The optimizations has been dropped to 35 from 1264. Looks like a big improvement. :)

Thank you again OMN.

kizwan

OMN...

Thank you so very much for your efforts and your help.

I've found BIOS files for the two motherboards I have that have been giving me problems.

Soon as my new DVD drive and video card get in tomorrow, I'll be testing them both out!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyways, If you want a Bios Mod, include.

Update:

1/29/2009

Bios editing is now being Done For 10.5.6, will be updating Website soon with 10.5.6 Bios.

10/16/2008

I can now do .wph rom file.

or Rom vendors

Phoenix / AMI / Award

- PC spec.

( Model, brand, Board )

- Direct link to bios.

- Bios must be in a .rom or .wph image. I've not found a tool I can convert .bin to .rom

Thanks,

-OMN

please go HERE for My Bios Page, and for My DST Forum go HERE

Also Look into using

koalala ACPI Patcher for BIOS and AML or fassl DSDT Patcher & mackerintel Chameleon with DSDT override

thanks,

-OMN

HI I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your work, OSX 10.5.4 now working on Foxconn P35A with both cores on intel C2D E2140.

PS I should wait for new bios fix for update to 10.5.6?

Dear guru,

Please, help to patch my BIOS for EeePC 1000H Go (it's not equal to 1000H).

I've tried to use ACPI Patcher, but not sure with some settings and afraid to brick my netbook.

Please, help!

(Newest original BIOS and exported DSDT.dsl - are in the attached archive).

Thanks in advance!

1000H_Go.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
G31T-M BIOS | Version: 08/07/31 | Release Date: 2008/09/03

http://download.ecsusa.com/dlfileecs/bios/mb/p4/080731S.zip

Specification:

ECS G31T-M PCB v1.0

4GB DDR2-800 RAM

Intel Core2Duo E7200 (2.53GHz)

E-VGA NVidia 8200GS 512MB PCI-E x16

Currently, I have to boot using CPUS=1, and it only shows a single processor. I've tried the existing G31T BIOS on your site, but it's for the G31T-A - and I get a blackscreen and the system will no longer boot.

Thanks in advance,

Hannibal

Was this bios compatible with ECS G31T-M2 ???

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, this Project has been abandon due to, I've went through a Divorce,

Please please don't Buy anything from OSXCORES.SITE50.net

I don't have access to it no longer and even though it's $1, it goes to my Wifes Paypal account. I'm very sorry for this, but as of now she has control over everything till divorce is final.

Sorry,

-OMN

• 4 weeks later...