OMN'S DSDT BIOS FIX-Getting past the CPU=1

314 posts in this topic

*NewS*

http://www.osxcores.site50.net/

Theme & 10.5.6 Bios updated ( Desktop & Notebooks )

Please let me know if I missed any Bios.

-OMN

Hey mate.

How you doing with your baby girl? I hope you´re enjoying every magic moment. ;)

Mate, when you get the time, could you mod one BIOS for a friend of mine?

His mobo is a Asus P5N-MX. Here is the link for the BIOS provided by Asus in its site: LINK,

Thanx in advance.

Cheers.

bb.

Hey mate.

How you doing with your baby girl? I hope you´re enjoying every magic moment. :)

Mate, when you get the time, could you mod one BIOS for a friend of mine?

His mobo is a Asus P5N-MX. Here is the link for the BIOS provided by Asus in its site: LINK,

Thanx in advance.

Cheers.

bb.

Sure no problem, Baby girl is great, but don't care much for changing her. I guess I'll get used to it though, though it makes me wonder what they really put in baby food? lol :)

Anyways, I'll do it now while I'm at my cousin house, being I gave up my internet for the baby :P

Check back shortly.

-OMN

*EDIT*

Page loading error on link

-OMN

Hi OriginalMACNUT,

Can you modded my BIOS? I have Acer Aspire 3680 (3684NWXMI):-

I tried fassl DSDT patcher but it found one error & I don't know how to fix it. I think I want to flash the bios with modded one instead, since this is my old laptop & the warranty already expired. :D It have Phoenix BIOS & I hope you can still edit .wph image file. Can you make it seen as MacBookPro4,1? That is what stated in ioreg. I don't know where to look for apple 11 digit serial though. The only serial number I fount at System Profiler is "SECRETSERIAL".

I found same BIOS version at your website but it is for Acer Aspire 5570z. I don't know if I can use it.

This is optional, right now I'm using EFI string for GMA950 to work but is it possible to implement it in the BIOS instead?

Thank you. :)

kizwan

I recommend using the voodoo kernel, as the Atom CPUs suffer this problem as well with vanilla kernel.

be sure to install the seatbelt.kext with it

Hi Macnut, Please I need a bios mod for my Asus P5Q-E (not 0803) because it has a 1703 and I can´t flash it.

I have a Q6600 with 2 GB RAM DDR2 800 MHz

BIOS Link http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8273cbd...04e75f6e8ebb871

ORIGINAL Link http://support.asus.com/download/download....amp;model=P5Q-E

I upload the new 1901 bios !

Many thanks Macnut

Added to website

OMN

I need your help, cause I'm about to swap the e2140 to q9400, and the old 1.3b bios may not work properly, so I have to upgrade the bios to v1.5... by the the I zip the bin file in order to send it as attachement. A big TKS in advance

Cheers/Blackfire920

Unable to mod .bin roms. they need to be in a .rom format

Thanks,

-OMN

Here is a Fixed .aml for Acer Aspire One 150,

However, this will not enable 2 cpus atm, I'm currently looking into this for my Acer.

Though, it does allow you to remove cpus=1 from the kernel flag when booting a vanilla kernel.

Currently I recommend Voodoo kernel with this notebook for using 2 cpus, But useful when dealing with ( Testing ) system updates.

Attached is the DSDT.aml

dsdt.aml.zip

Sure no problem, Baby girl is great, but don't care much for changing her. I guess I'll get used to it though, though it makes me wonder what they really put in baby food? lol :D

Anyways, I'll do it now while I'm at my cousin house, being I gave up my internet for the baby :P

Check back shortly.

-OMN

*EDIT*

Page loading error on link

-OMN

Hi bro.

Here is the new link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=23ffe75...2db6fb9a8902bda

Good to know that baby girl is pretty fine. Changing the baby is not that good I know... mainly if you have to do it in the middle of the night. LOL.

Let me know if the link doesn´t work. :D

Cheers.

Can You modify bios AMI R01-B4 for Acer MCP73PV

Thak You for Your help

Done :wacko:

I've attached it, & will have it loaded on website later today

Also, Can you give me more info about PC spec? So I know how to list this rom on my website

thanks,

-OMN

Hi bro.

Here is the new link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=23ffe75...2db6fb9a8902bda

Good to know that baby girl is pretty fine. Changing the baby is not that good I know... mainly if you have to do it in the middle of the night. LOL.

Let me know if the link doesn´t work. :o

Cheers.

Is it the 0802.BIN? If so, I can't do .bin

only .rom and .whp roms

A7399NAE.zip

Hi OriginalMACNUT,

Can you modded my BIOS? I have Acer Aspire 3680 (3684NWXMI):-

I tried fassl DSDT patcher but it found one error & I don't know how to fix it. I think I want to flash the bios with modded one instead, since this is my old laptop & the warranty already expired. :( It have Phoenix BIOS & I hope you can still edit .wph image file. Can you make it seen as MacBookPro4,1? That is what stated in ioreg. I don't know where to look for apple 11 digit serial though. The only serial number I fount at System Profiler is "SECRETSERIAL".

I found same BIOS version at your website but it is for Acer Aspire 5570z. I don't know if I can use it.

This is optional, right now I'm using EFI string for GMA950 to work but is it possible to implement it in the BIOS instead?

kizwan

Kizwan,

After poking around in your bios, I did change somethings.

Will you try out this custom .aml file if your efi supports dsdt override?

As for the bios, it will not recomplie with PBE, this is a problem with the program, and not due to the dsdt.aml file. File is attached

thanks,

-OMN

kizwan_dsdt.zip

Kizwan,

After poking around in your bios, I did change somethings.

Will you try out this custom .aml file if your efi supports dsdt override?

As for the bios, it will not recomplie with PBE, this is a problem with the program, and not due to the dsdt.aml file. File is attached

thanks,

-OMN

Thank you OMN for looking into this. I tried the file (dsdt.aml) & boot in verbose mode but it stuck with this message:-

"kextd[10]: IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols"

Also, after the boot device detected, everything become slow (measured by how fast verbose message appear at the screen) before it stuck with the message above.

I will try to include the complete verbose message later.

Thank you. :help:

kizwan

Thank you OMN for looking into this. I tried the file (dsdt.aml) & boot in verbose mode but it stuck with this message:-

"kextd[10]: IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols"

Also, after the boot device detected, everything become slow (measured by how fast verbose message appear at the screen) before it stuck with the message above.

I will try to include the complete verbose message later.

kizwan

I didn't think it would work, but worth a shot.

I recommend using the Voodoo Kernel.

-OMN

I might be dropping support for this, I'm going to leave the bios website up for now.

-OMN

thanks to david,

donating, I got 2 more months of service.

I don't mind modding bios, and I try to do this for the community but currently can't afford to keep the site up. but at this point I'll be doing them on an individual bases. Once the service is up, I'm not going to pay to renew it.

-omn

I have a new problem: when i use the your bios modd, my ideneb v1.4 stops with this written "FIREWIRE UNABLE TO DETERMINE SECURITY-MODE; DEFAULTING TO FULL-SECURE.". Have you a solution?

You have to remove the firewire driver, it a common on some machines, mainly happens on HP pavillian with asus boards.

-OMN

Hi OriginalMACNUT!!!

Can you help me please with my bios?

This is my notebook:

http://www.msicomputer.com/NB/product_spec...del=MS-1722-ID1

and I put an intel Q9100 quad core!

bios link:

http://download1.msi.com/files/downloads/b...xe/1722_10s.zip

Thank you!

Please refer to my home page.