Broadcom BCM5787M/BCM5784M - A solution

nobb1x

246 posts in this topic

This driver will not working on my Aspire 5920G.

I have installed the kext but when i type ifconfig i have only lo0, gif0, fw0 and not en0.

I have ideneb v3 installed on my notebook.

Can everybody help me.

Sorry for my bad englisch

Hello,

I connected the ethernet cable.

Remove all bcm5701/5751 kexts from /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext (rm -rf ....)

first I have chosen in System Preferences --> Network the Ethernet option, set it's IP, netmask, DNS and router, saved it

(locked with the lock button).

Then unzipped and opened the BroadcomBCM5787M on the Desktop, changed the default MAC (BA:AD:FO:OD:BA:AD) in

/Users/<user>/Desktop/Broadcom5787M/AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleBCM5787MEthernet

to my values of MAC with hexeditor 0xED.app (changed to owerwrite the values).

Then applied the KextHelper_b7 for this kext and rebooted.

After that opened a Terminal and set again the ip: sudo ifconfig 172.xx.xx.xx netmask 255.255.255.0 up

and then applied the:

sudo tcpdump -i en1 (since en0 was for wifi) and it is working.

Regards,

bozon42

This driver will not working on my Aspire 5920G.

I have installed the kext but when i type ifconfig i have only lo0, gif0, fw0 and not en0.

I have ideneb v3 installed on my notebook.

Can everybody help me.

Sorry for my bad englisch

try the steps i've suggested to another guy

here..

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=906162

and report back if you see errors.

bozon42's suggestion is right,follow it, just be sure to not erase the whole IONetworkingFamily kext!!

The problem does not work acer 5920g tcpdump: BIOCSETIF: en0: Device not configured ifconfig lo9, fw0

type"cd Desktop" type "cd Broadcom5787M" type "chown-R root:wheel AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext"

type "chmod-R 755 AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext" type "kextload AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext" does not work

PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg.zip  WORKS 5920G THIS DECISION

THANKS CLEVER PEOPLE))!!!

please post terminal ouput and cut & paste only your network devices, with this command:

lspci -nnv

example:

AcerMac:~ user$ lspci -nnv

01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:1693] (rev 02)

if the command is not available install OS X tools or pci tools.

Do i need to remove the AppleBCM5701MEthernet.kext from IONetworkingFamily.kext's plulgins folder.

I just installed the driver you attached,and thanks for that.

i do what you said in the readme file,

the network card had recognized correctly with the right mac addresses,

when i copy the Start_Promisc folder to /Library/StartupItems/ and reboot,but macosx crashed.

is that any possible to not copy the Start_Promisc file to that folder?or should i just remove the Start_Promisc from that folder.

i gotta have one more try.

thanks in advance.you did a great job.

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU :D

hi, here is the last hexedited version of the AppleBCM kext, this one is specific for BCM5787M 14e4:1693

there is an huge readme included, please read it, it explain everything.

you can have your mac address with this one and i encourage you to set yours

it has been tested on some different configurations and it seem to work, i'm using it to post right now

if it don't work for you,be sure you have a 14e4:1693 device then report here, thanks

good luck

You are THE MAN!!! Works perfectly! I have made a script to put in the user scripts folder, placed the scripts icon in the top bar and now when i want to connect I simply go to the icon in the top bar and connect, Ill post it so if someone wants to use it, this way you don´t have to go to terminal, or to have the terminal window open... Again, THANK YOU!

BCM_5787_on.zip

it seem's not working on my acer 4710

i used 3rd way

There is a folder called Start_Promisc within the archive, copy it in /Library/StartupItems then open the file

start_promisc you can find into the folder with TextEdit, changing the two variables at the top INTF and KEXTPATH

(i do

set INTF="en0"

KEXTPATH="/Library/StartupItems/Start_Promisc/AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext")

and it's appear to my laptop

but can't require IP address. it gets 169.254.63.93

help me~

WOW@@

My eyes almost popped out when this finally worked for me. With my Acer 4720z I needed to install PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg.zip, firstly. benni134, thanks for the pointer. <_<

Big thanks to nobb1x for spreading the happiness. Hope you're glowing with the whole good feeling thing ;)

You are THE MAN!!! Works perfectly! I have made a script to put in the user scripts folder, placed the scripts icon in the top bar and now when i want to connect I simply go to the icon in the top bar and connect, Ill post it so if someone wants to use it, this way you don´t have to go to terminal, or to have the terminal window open... Again, THANK YOU!

I have a stupid question, where is the user scripts folder ? how install/execute the script ?

In my case the network card is en0 is necessary edit the script for that works ?

Thanks.

I have a stupid question, where is the user scripts folder ? how install/execute the script ?

In my case the network card is en0 is necessary edit the script for that works ?

Thanks.

In applications you have an application named "Apple Scripts" , there is the user scripts folder and the preferences pane so that you can mark the "Place scripts icon in the top bar" mark, once you have done that you go to the top bar>scripts icon>open user scripts folder and place the script there, once you have done this just plug in the Lan cable and go to scripts icon>Broadcom5787On and you should be able to connect once you write your password, you dont need to edit anything for the script to work..

Good luck:)

In applications you have an application named "Apple Scripts" , there is the user scripts folder and the preferences pane so that you can mark the "Place scripts icon in the top bar" mark, once you have done that you go to the top bar>scripts icon>open user scripts folder and place the script there, once you have done this just plug in the Lan cable and go to scripts icon>Broadcom5787On and you should be able to connect once you write your password, you dont need to edit anything for the script to work..

Good luck:)

How about an App or script that can load/unload a kext? Sleep don't work with this kext.

Hi,

Installing on Acer Aspire Notebook 7720z. Device configured, internet working. Thanks a lot..but !

Reboot then crash ! No more boot even with -x, -v, -s (Tiger 10.4.8 version)

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance for help !

Alain.

Hi,

Installing on Acer Aspire Notebook 7720z. Device configured, internet working. Thanks a lot..but !

Reboot then crash ! No more boot even with -x, -v, -s (Tiger 10.4.8 version)

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance for help !

Alain.

Hey i have the sme laptop and everything works fine for me (albeit I have Leopard 10.5.4 installed), maybe upgrading to leo would help?

Yeah the wifi worked out of the box for me with the Kallyway 10.5.2 install dvd, I'm not even sure which kext it uses :)

In fact, _everything_ works on my lappy now except for the tvout but I think I need to research a bit more on that (nvidia 8400GS 256mb).

Thanks magnat2, your script works without problems, but, to me like that the same script can load/unload the kext, the issue here is that after load the driver kext for 5787M the Sleep function no works (same problem that have collit99).

Sorry but the kext can't be unloaded, it crash.

Until someone make a proper port of the linux/freebsd driver we have to live with this.

Hi

I finally installed Jas 10.5.2 and it's working fine on my Acer 7720z.

Video : ok ( GM965 ) for the intel onboard video (not same board as you Ulin). It uses X3100 driver in fact.

Touchpad and keyboard : ok

Sound : ( Alc 268 ) patched with TarugaACL268Installer5.app then AppleHDA.kext (then repair permissions)

Network : ( Broadcom5787M ) patched with AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext + script

Upgraded system through online Update everything except Os 10.5.5 update

I'm only missing the wifi board now : AR5416 Atheros AR5008 Wireless Network adapter

Someone got a solution for that ?!

Thank you all ! :D

Alain.

How about an App or script that can load/unload a kext? Sleep don't work with this kext.

In my laptop always need wireless network but not ethernet, then i modified the script BCM5787 of magnat2 for what load the driver & promisc mode only when i need use the network adapter, i only add 2 lines before that promisc commands are executed:

delay 5

do shell script "sudo kextload /AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext" password "YourAdminPwd" with administrator privileges

The delay is for wait that driver is full loaded without delay sometimes no work ...

AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext is in the root folder but i make this invisible with setFile (only a cosmetic fix).

At least only losses the sleep function only when i need wired network.