Broadcom BCM5787M/BCM5784M - A solution

nobb1x

246 posts in this topic

HIII i really need help i also have this card but i dont really know from where to start jajaj i open the terminal and i start typing from my user not from root is that ok?

and i dont get nothing when i put tcpdump, even 0 or 1 i just get a stopped [1] and the second time stopped [2] and like this most of the times aswell ask me for pasword which i type and nothing appears on the screeen as if its blocked!!! do i have to do something with the kext first??? please help!!!

i need to make it work!!!

thanks all 4 reading

try to follow the steps already explained on this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=906162

Hi,

doesn't work under os x 10.5.6 with 5787M.

Dmesg says

bash-3.2# dmesg

om.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

dsmos: Initializing...

dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!

AppleDecrypt: Copyright © 2008 Dale Walsh

AppleDecrypt: Starting...

dsmos: Starting...

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=1 Enabled

Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall

Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt

calling mpo_policy_init for mb

Seatbelt MACF policy initialized

Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)

Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet

calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet

Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)

Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

SMBIOS: EFI bootloader

Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.mbinit: done

Security auditing service present

BSM auditing present

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID 49F6FAED-F4AD-3E74-B158-8F15DF63B251

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>can't determine immediate dependencies for extension org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub

Can't determine dependencies for org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub.

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

AppleBCM5751Ethernet: 0 0 start - mapping device memory failed

2.0.45 Little Snitch: start

USBF: 0.689 AppleUSBUHCI: unable to initialize UIM

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on keyboard input stream.

ApplePS2Keyboard: probe commandsCount 1

ApplePS2Keyboard: probe failed

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/WDC WD2500BEVS-22UST0 WDC WD2500BEVS-22UST0/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 6@6

BSD root: disk0s6, major 14, minor 3FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1180 ID 832 PCI now active, GUID 009fc00056341200; max speed s400.

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on keyboard input stream.

Jettisoning kernel linker.

Resetting IOCatalogue.

VGA: family specific matching fails

Matching service count = 1

Matching service count = 2

NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.

ApplePS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v6.5

ALCinject: Starting.

ALCinject: Setting built-in=<data not shown>

ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>

------------------------------

NVKush: By DiaboliK

NVKush: GeForce 8600m GT Detected

NVkush: a DiaboliK Joint

------------------------------

Matching service count = 0

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.

NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].

NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

:(

• 1 month later...
Anyone else with a Thinkpad report success???? maybe it just not work on that machines.

@Kenny, if the system don't start even with -s switch you need to boot from dvd and when you get the installation screen look in menus and choose Console, from console type cd /Volumes/YOURHDNAME/System/Library/Extensions then

rm -rf AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext

Hi nobb1x,

The driver not work in my Thinkpad R61e too.

I changed the mac address using Winhex and no any other BCM57XX.kext in my Extensions, but it still freeze my machines after installed.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, you're my GOD !!!

It really works perfectly after I apply my IOPCCardFamily.kext & IOPCIFamilly.kext

If anyone cant use this fix on Acer 5920G, just do the same as me.

Thanks to Nobb1x & Good luck to 5920G users :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On my acer 5920g i've tryied your instructions, but it does not work: in system.log i see these lines:

May 6 03:09:35 michele-mikas-aspire-5920g kextd[10]: writing kernel link data to /var/run/mach.sym

May 6 03:09:38 michele-mikas-aspire-5920g com.apple.SystemStarter[15]: Kext is already loaded...

May 6 03:09:38 michele-mikas-aspire-5920g com.apple.SystemStarter[15]: Starting Promiscuous mode on interface en1 ...

May 6 03:09:38 michele-mikas-aspire-5920g com.apple.launchd[1] (0x10c990.nohup[129]): Could not setup Mach task special port 9: (os/kern) no access

May 6 03:09:38 michele-mikas-aspire-5920g com.apple.SystemStarter[15]: DONE !!!

May 6 03:09:38 michele-mikas-aspire-5920g com.apple.SystemStarter[15]: tcpdump: BIOCSETIF: en1: Device not configured

Any help?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Works fine on Aspire 5920 with iPC 10.5.6 updated to 10.5.7.

With 10.5.6 had to use IOPCIFamily.kext patched by Slice. Using the original IOPCIFamily the AppleBCM5787MEthernet kext loads but device doesn't work.

Thanks a lot!

So, it doesn't look like anyone is taking this work further, but...

I have a 1693, just like the author. This method DOES work for me (is the only one that does), but as widely reported kills sleep. Every other aspect of my laptop is great now, and it DOES sleep otherwise. So I'm still trying to find a solution that both keeps Ethernet ability and allows sleep.

Any new ideas? DSDT injection, SMBIOS patching, automated scripts to disable the kext (without KP)? Willing to play guinea pig test subject and try anything & everything.

• 2 weeks later...
I use Kalyway 10.5.2 and i have this Broadcom in my notebook

i've installed PCCard 10.5.2 but when i run ifconfig it returns me just lo0, gif0, stf0 and fw0

Can someone help me?

I'm having the same problem and i get the exact same result. I'm running Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Dell XPS 1640, Broadcom BCM5784. Does anyone know of a fix?

I'm having the same problem and i get the exact same result. I'm running Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Dell XPS 1640, Broadcom BCM5784. Does anyone know of a fix?

try to read the thread since the beginning, time ago i posted some procedures to try to guess whats wrong. there is no so much we can do if the kext don't load the eth0, btw sleep will be never supported by this, the only hope is if someone make a port of the bge driver, there is a project but it seem stalled.

good luck

Awesome work. Many thanks. My 2nd day with OSX86. Got the Nvidia card (nvinject) and today BCM5787m. I am connected. Many thanks again. Next would be wireless (3945ABG) and sound card (Intel 82801 HD)

My laptop is Acer 7720G. Running Kalyway 10.5.2

Hello guys,

I posted earlier abouth my problem with this kext on 10.5.6. update. It's same on clean iAtkos v7 install. It worked perfectly on 10.5.5 but when i tried to install on 10.5.7 it finds new adapter and then freezes, and I cant boot system anymore until i remove kext. I have Thinkpad R61i. Does anyone have the same problem or posible solution. Any help appreciated.

Hi guys,

great work you are doing here, thanks...

I have a problem with this BCM5787M on OS X 10.5.6, it freezes my system almost instantly. When I boot with -s to remove it i gives me panic and freezes again so i cant boot in my system. It worked excellent on my iAtkos v5i 10.5.5. although sleep stopped working. But then i did clean install, updated to 10.5.6. tried this kext and it freezes.

I see that nobb1x is also runung 10.5.6 and BCM5787M so maybe i should do something more.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks again...

I have installed iAtkos v5i 10.5.5 on my ThinkPad R61e 7650A52. This driver works great.

But when I change to other version, it went panic.

Now, I use iAtkos v5i 10.5.7 for running iPhoneSDK 3.0. Unfortunately, it still go panic when I choose the BCM578x driver in the process of installing.

So, I guess it can only work on iAtkos v5i 10.5.5 for R61e.

But what is so different with 10.5.6 or 7 to stop drivers from working? And why is that only problem with thinkpad r61. I see other people do not have that problem with any version of os x. Can someone of programers working on this project help, please?

But thanks anyway, this is still excellent :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am using Acer Aspire 4710 laptop which has the BCM 5787M LAN interface. I did a new install of 10.5.1 and updated to 10.5.8 and I found that now in System Profiler I can see the correct MAC address and it is catching the IP address automatically using DNS.

Infact I have 2 installations of OSX86 on the same machine on different partitions and the other partition cannot get the MAC address and shows ba:ad:f0:0d:ba:ad.

Any ideas which kext/kexts I should use to get correct MAC on the other partition?

Eesh Dewan