Leopard on Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to Mysticus C* to enable him to continue making and updating nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO-focussed Kernel/Drivers Installer packages, Combo Updater Packages......possibly even a DVD......?

• Yes, before new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, after new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, but only after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • Unsure, I may donate after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • No
  2. 2. Level of Demand for Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs

• Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + Intel CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + AMD CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Do you have a DESKTOP nForce chipset MOBO?
    • Do you have a LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK nForce chipset MOBO?
  3. 3. Nature of donations offered

• Would you prefer to donate hardware (in good faith on the basis of trust) acceptable to the developer, to enable him/her to build a system on which to develop the installer packages?
    • Would you prefer to donate cash (in good faith on the basis of trust) to the developer to defray his/her upfront cost of acquiring a system on which to develop the installer packages?

1,138 posts in this topic

Verdant,

Do you know of anything to fix the artifacting?

I can't really find anything on fixing it.

Since the causes of the video artifacts are often video kext/string driver-graphics card interaction specific, the solution is not always generic.......but try IOPCIClassMatch fixing of these kexts:

GeForce.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

to see if it fixes the problem for you.......see post #1 on how to do it..........

I added the lines in all 5 of the kext files in terminal, saved, rebooted, and still have the problem. I am supposed to use exactly what the post says and not a different identifier, right?

Yes........

Are you using NVEnabler?

I am not, as far as I know. I installed with what johnathann1818 used and I don't recall NVEnabler being mentioned.

If you are running on 10.5.7 or by now 10.5.8, and are having these video artifacts with both, you could try reverting to the 10.5.6 or 10.5.5 versions of the nVidia graphics kexts and CoreGraphics.framework (in /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A)..........

I know with 10.5.2 Kalyway I didn't have this problem. Is there a way to pull it off the Kalyway disc?

If you want tomorrow I can pull these kexts and files off 10.5.6 for you........I am pretty sure you need to be at least running 10.5.5 rather than 10.5.2.......can you remember?

Yeah I'm using 10.5.7 iAtkos

I can get you 10.5.2 if you prefer it to 10.5.6......?

I just want whatever is going to work. I did a fresh install of 10.5.7 so thats all I really have experience with. If 10.5.6 works, then do that. But we won't know until I try either one.

I will do both then.......but give me a day or so.......

No hurry man. I'm busy with work and school all day, everyday so I wouldn't be able to test anything till late usually.

I have PM'd you.......

I have PM'd you.......

Verdant I'm having perfect success with 10.6.0 - 10.6.2 so far

the only issue is I have a SATA DVDRW it slows down boot if I have a BioShock2 dvd, I use Arya AppleNForceATA

AppleNForceATA_TEST seems unstable, but i'll try again, but Arya's kext lets m copy 26gb files from Win NTFS RO partition to OSX Snow Leo just fine!!!

Any ideas on the DVDRW issue? I can't burn either. I'm pretty sure MEdVil is aware of this, but not sure if he fixed it yet...

Also there is a minor issue with USBEhci Failed to Initialize UIM errors during boot. PM , peace !!!

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I'm new in this forum and the hackintosh world

I have a 10.6.2 hackintosh working on my xfx 790i ultra mobo with qx9650 cpu and GTX280 graphics cards.

I got everything working except the sata ports. Only works the jmicron sata. So that an single HDD is recognised and no dvd/bluray units are detected.

Also sleep function isn't working.

What should I do? Is there a kext that works for my chipset? Is there a bios config I must change?

Thanks!

Hi!

I'm new in this forum and the hackintosh world

I have a 10.6.2 hackintosh working on my xfx 790i ultra mobo with qx9650 cpu and GTX280 graphics cards.

I got everything working except the sata ports. Only works the jmicron sata. So that an single HDD is recognised and no dvd/bluray units are detected.

Also sleep function isn't working.

What should I do? Is there a kext that works for my chipset? Is there a bios config I must change?

Thanks!

See my Snow Leopard Install Guide for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs.......also AFAIK your MOBO has a JMicron JMB362 chipset supplying one ESATA and one SATA port (RED colour internal port on MOBO) and 6 nForce chipset controlled SATA sockets (which should use the AppleNForceATA.kext).......also using SATA DVDRW is problematic with the AppleNForceATA.kext (may read but not write)........BTW sleep is not working with Snow Leopard and nForce chipset MOBOs at present..........see post #1 for BIOS settings template.............post any further questions there as this thread is only for OS X Leopard........

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the excellent documentation on Series 7 nForce boards, I've managed to get mine up and running (painfree for the most part). But I've run into a problem that is causing me issues.

I'm seeing unusual USB crashing using Slice's USB driver. When onboard USB crashes (taking out the keyboard) I still have access to the mouse (which is plugged into a PCI USB card that uses the native Mac drivers).

Any suggestions on where to look in log files for 'problems'? I'm not seeing anything that is jumping out at me in Console.app

I'm running 10.5.8 (iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite with Vanilla Kernel) in a GUID partition. eVGA nForce i750 FTW, BIOS settings as recommended, PATA DVD, NVidia GTX 260 Core 216 (via EFI in Chameleon 2.0 RC4) Drivers loaded in /Extra/Extensions in the EFI Partition. SMBIOS.plist for MacPro3,1 (loads via EFI Partition and reports to system instead of loading as an iMac8,1)

PCI Card - Adaptec Duo Connect USB/Firewire card (uses the native Mac drivers)

Side note: I've seen BSOD's in Windows that appear to be caused by USB on this same box. Is it possible that I'm actually dealing with an intermittant hardware problem with the USB ports? As opposed to a failing USB device or driver? Any thoughts on testing the hardware failure?

Thanks for the excellent documentation on Series 7 nForce boards, I've managed to get mine up and running (painfree for the most part). But I've run into a problem that is causing me issues.

I'm seeing unusual USB crashing using Slice's USB driver. When onboard USB crashes (taking out the keyboard) I still have access to the mouse (which is plugged into a PCI USB card that uses the native Mac drivers).

Any suggestions on where to look in log files for 'problems'? I'm not seeing anything that is jumping out at me in Console.app

I'm running 10.5.8 (iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite with Vanilla Kernel) in a GUID partition. eVGA nForce i750 FTW, BIOS settings as recommended, PATA DVD, NVidia GTX 260 Core 216 (via EFI in Chameleon 2.0 RC4) Drivers loaded in /Extra/Extensions in the EFI Partition. SMBIOS.plist for MacPro3,1 (loads via EFI Partition and reports to system instead of loading as an iMac8,1)

PCI Card - Adaptec Duo Connect USB/Firewire card (uses the native Mac drivers)

Side note: I've seen BSOD's in Windows that appear to be caused by USB on this same box. Is it possible that I'm actually dealing with an intermittant hardware problem with the USB ports? As opposed to a failing USB device or driver? Any thoughts on testing the hardware failure?

Glad you like the Series 7 nForce chipset MOBO guide....... -_-

1. It may be better to have the USB keyboard and USB mouse running off the same USB channel, i.e. either USB via PCI, or via onboard USB.......

2. Have you tried setting any one of the following in com.apple.Boot.plist:

USBBusFix=Yes Enables the EHCI and UHCI fixes (disabled by default)

EHCIacquire=Yes Enables the EHCI fix (disabled by default)

UHCIreset=Yes Enables the UHCI fix (disabled by default)

although these Chameleon 2.0 bootloader fix options for com.apple.Boot.plist do not always appear to work for everyone with USB issues......

3. Also check that your kernel and System.kext are the same version..........

4. Try with Firewire disabled in BIOS......

You can check what USB kexts are loaded via Terminal using

sudo kextstat | grep "USB"

• 3 weeks later...

CPU=Intel Core 2 Duo Quad (Socket 775) I think 3.0ghz or 2.66ghz

MOBO=XFX nForce 750i

RAM=6gb DDR2 JDEC

GFX=Nvidia 9400 2gb GDDR3/4(can't remember which sorry) NO SLI but would like to

nForce Gigabit Ethernet

8 USB2.0

2x Firewire Ports

8 Chanel Audio OnBoard

3 SATA 1TB HD's SATA II

USB Logitech wireless KB & Mouse + wired USB generic UK 104 key kb

1 IDE DVDRW 16x LG with SecurDisc

1 SB Live Audio Card Via PCI

1 E-SATA port

1 Color Laser Printer Samsung CLX

it says 1333Mhz fsb but only 800mhz memory, the memory is kensington and passively cooled (no fans or heatsink) althogh I do have 8gb of SLI memory which will probably migrate into the box after I get new GFX cards and MacOSX of course

Also I have Windows 7 and would like to upgrade to snow leopard once install is complete and will have linux on a removable 2.5" IDE usb dongle

Also I have a laptop Core2Duo with IntelInsyde BIOS which boots installer fine 2.00ghz cpu

I would be interested in installing on but I need to know how to shrink NTFS partition and that would be Vista + OSX(snow leopard If possible) that has

onboard Nvidia 9300M GS 256mb

4GB DDR2/3 laptop ram

Intel ICH9M-E/M sata AHCI controller

256gb sata hd

DVDRW drive (unknown but assuming sata as laptop seems to have no ide)

Realtek PCI-E GBE Famil controller (gigabit ethernet)

Intel Wireless Wifi-Link 5100

Multi-Card SD MMC etc reader

Intel 82801 PCI Bridge

Intel 82802 firewire (although can turn off as it doesn't have an external connection)

3x ICH9 PCI-E ports (wow lol)

Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset

ICH9M Interface Controller

2 USB2.0

1 E-SATA

1 HDMI

NVIDIA HD Audio + Realtek HD Audio (NVIDIA for HDMI output wow)

btw rather than flame on added laptop plz direct me to infos for it and just deal with XFX NForce 750i SLI cheers

CPU=Intel Core 2 Duo Quad (Socket 775) I think 3.0ghz or 2.66ghz

MOBO=XFX nForce 750i

RAM=6gb DDR2 JDEC

GFX=Nvidia 9400 2gb GDDR3/4(can't remember which sorry) NO SLI but would like to

nForce Gigabit Ethernet

8 USB2.0

2x Firewire Ports

8 Chanel Audio OnBoard

3 SATA 1TB HD's SATA II

USB Logitech wireless KB & Mouse + wired USB generic UK 104 key kb

1 IDE DVDRW 16x LG with SecurDisc

1 SB Live Audio Card Via PCI

1 E-SATA port

1 Color Laser Printer Samsung CLX

it says 1333Mhz fsb but only 800mhz memory, the memory is kensington and passively cooled (no fans or heatsink) althogh I do have 8gb of SLI memory which will probably migrate into the box after I get new GFX cards and MacOSX of course

Also I have Windows 7 and would like to upgrade to snow leopard once install is complete and will have linux on a removable 2.5" IDE usb dongle

Also I have a laptop Core2Duo with IntelInsyde BIOS which boots installer fine 2.00ghz cpu

I would be interested in installing on but I need to know how to shrink NTFS partition and that would be Vista + OSX(snow leopard If possible) that has

onboard Nvidia 9300M GS 256mb

4GB DDR2/3 laptop ram

Intel ICH9M-E/M sata AHCI controller

256gb sata hd

DVDRW drive (unknown but assuming sata as laptop seems to have no ide)

Realtek PCI-E GBE Famil controller (gigabit ethernet)

Intel Wireless Wifi-Link 5100

Multi-Card SD MMC etc reader

Intel 82801 PCI Bridge

Intel 82802 firewire (although can turn off as it doesn't have an external connection)

3x ICH9 PCI-E ports (wow lol)

Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset

ICH9M Interface Controller

2 USB2.0

1 E-SATA

1 HDMI

NVIDIA HD Audio + Realtek HD Audio (NVIDIA for HDMI output wow)

btw rather than flame on added laptop plz direct me to infos for it and just deal with XFX NForce 750i SLI cheers

Not sure what your actual question is...........but AFAIK OS X does not support SLI or Crossfire........two SLI'd graphics cards will at best be seen as two separate graphics cards..........as for installing Snow leopard, see my nForce Snow Leopard install guide......

I use iPartition to resize volumes.......

Not sure what your actual question is...........but AFAIK OS X does not support SLi or Crossfire........two SLI'd graphics cards will at best be seen as two separate graphics cards..........as for installing Snow leopard, see my nForce Snow Leopard install guide......

I use iPartition to resize volumes.......

Well a very well done to you for answering a question you apparently didn't recognise (maybe it was a subconscious effort), it was not a question btw just a statement of what I would like to achieve and the specs of my system as per the very first post :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys! 

I have a Asus Striker II Formula motherboard. Now i try to install Mac OS x 10.6.3 and i can't.

After boot starting from DVD, a have a message "Steal waiting boot device"

and nothing go on.

After than i uses another motherboard, 10.6.3 works OK, but after change motherboard i haven't LAN and chipset drivers and all my SATA devices. 

Maybe someone knows what kexst i need for this motherboard?

A lot of thanks for all! 

Hello Guys!

I have a Asus Striker II Formula motherboard. Now i try to install Mac OS x 10.6.3 and i can't.

After boot starting from DVD, a have a message "Steal waiting boot device"

and nothing go on.

After than i uses another motherboard, 10.6.3 works OK, but after change motherboard i haven't LAN and chipset drivers and all my SATA devices.

Maybe someone knows what kexst i need for this motherboard?

A lot of thanks for all!

See my nForce chipset MOBO Snow Leopard Install Guide here......and my blog for Snow Leopard install guides....... :rolleyes: