Leopard on Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to Mysticus C* to enable him to continue making and updating nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO-focussed Kernel/Drivers Installer packages, Combo Updater Packages......possibly even a DVD......?

• Yes, before new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, after new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, but only after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • Unsure, I may donate after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • No
  2. 2. Level of Demand for Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs

• Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + Intel CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + AMD CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Do you have a DESKTOP nForce chipset MOBO?
    • Do you have a LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK nForce chipset MOBO?
  3. 3. Nature of donations offered

• Would you prefer to donate hardware (in good faith on the basis of trust) acceptable to the developer, to enable him/her to build a system on which to develop the installer packages?
    • Would you prefer to donate cash (in good faith on the basis of trust) to the developer to defray his/her upfront cost of acquiring a system on which to develop the installer packages?

1,138 posts in this topic

heres what happens when I use the DSDT GUI Patcher

I selected Force Compile and New HPET

I tried it both with HPET enabled and disabled in my BIOS, but this is where it froze up each time during startup.

Can you generate a DSDT.aml file without selecting Force Compile and New HPET?

Try disabling the JMicron SATA/PATA Controller in BIOS, or set it to AHCI mode in BIOS, if that is an option......

Ill try generating one when i get back home, I forgot my install disk and have no blank DVD's where Im at..

I tried disabling my controller in the BIOS (I can only set me eSATA controller to AHCI), but when I tried to boot I got an "error loading OS" message..

You could also try a BIOS update to see if BIOS options change BUT saving your current BIOS first in case you have to revert back to it.........the JMicron controller is unfortunately often problematic......

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

For those using, or thinking of using, Snow Leopard, this link on the things removed from Snow Leopard versus Leopard may be of interest........

Cheers

verdant

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed iAtkos v7 (10.5.7), I used the DSDT option, Intel Speedstep, their "Post-install", /Extra folder, and Chameleon v2. I also went through the bios setup and had HPET enabled and thats about it that I could change because I have AMI bios and they didn't match 100%. This is the error I'm getting tonight when I boot from the bootloader. Any ideas?

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x556FB4BC): "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-76/pmThread.c:155
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
0x55817f08 : (Check picture, too many numbers to retype, sorry)
0x55817f58 : "  "
0x55817fc8 : "  "
Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0
Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
	com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (76.0.0)@0x556f3000->0x55711fff

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

th_DSC00119.jpgth_DSC00120.jpg

I just installed iAtkos v7 (10.5.7), I used the DSDT option, Intel Speedstep, their "Post-install", /Extra folder, and Chameleon v2. I also went through the bios setup and had HPET enabled and thats about it that I could change because I have AMI bios and they didn't match 100%. This is the error I'm getting tonight when I boot from the bootloader. Any ideas?

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x556FB4BC): "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-76/pmThread.c:155
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
0x55817f08 : (Check picture, too many numbers to retype, sorry)
0x55817f58 : "  "
0x55817fc8 : "  "
Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0
Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
	com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (76.0.0)@0x556f3000->0x55711fff

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

th_DSC00119.jpgth_DSC00120.jpg

Use Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel (or try plain vanilla kernel)......and use Disabler.kext and AppleDecrypt.kext......

XFX MG-63MI-7159 no ethernet or sound in 10.5.2 kalyway and ipc 10.5.6 give that funny device buffer thing and vanilla kernel doesn't work even though I have q6600 of a nforce north and south board

XFX MG-63MI-7159 no ethernet or sound in 10.5.2 kalyway and ipc 10.5.6 give that funny device buffer thing and vanilla kernel doesn't work even though I have q6600 of a nforce north and south board

This post is in the wrong thread because AFAIK your MOBO has a nForce 630i / GeForce 7150 chipset......the 630i is Pre-Series 7.......so re-post here where I will try to help you.....but first carefully read post #1 AND post #2......

• 2 weeks later...

system specs :

Mobo = EVGA nvidia 780i SLI, model # 132-CK-NF78 with bios revision P08 SLIC'd for win7 hack

CPU = Intel core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4ghz

Ram = 8gb @ 4x 2gb Mushkin ddr-2 pc2-6400

Video = BFG geforce GTX275 896mb PCI-E

Monitor = Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM, connected to GTX275 via dvi2hdmi cord

Sound = PCI-E X-Fi Titanium fatality edition

HDD's = 3 seagate: 1 sata @ 500gb 7200-11; 1 sata @ 1000gb 7200-11; 1 sata @ 1500gb 7200-11. 1 WD: 1 sata @ 1000gb

DVD's = 1 sata LG super multi drive, 1 pata LG super multi drive,

WiFi card = Linksys WMP300N PCI

Current OS = Win 7 Ultimate 64bit retail

ok im in need of some help here...

i have tried for 3 days, and many different OSX/OSX86 dvd's, empire efi, chameleon, anything...

ive tried to install and boot from usb device, from hdd, inside vmware(only thing working)

the only succesful install out of them all, is when i run my native win7 64bit, load up vmware 7 and load the mac vm i made in there, ive been using it to create the various USB stik loaders and such to no avail,

i have various dvd's made, ill list as much as i can to get as much help as i can

1st = iPC 10.5.6 single layer dvd5, used to install on vmware, and tried to install on my WD 1tb hdd(failed)

2nd = SnowOSX_Universal_10.6(432)GM-v3.5 single layer dvd5, fails to boot, restart loop

3rd = Retail Snow Leopard (snowleopard_10a432_userdvd.dmg) in vmware restored to OCZ Rally2 8gb USB stik, with chameleon 2.0 rc4, and also tried dvd burned img of Empire EFI iso for nvidia/ati/amd/intel setup,

and alas, no native osx install working on hdd... only in vmware

pls help....

ive included a Screen shot of the various info one might need to help me...

and in that screen shot, is a folder that has all my mac stuff in it, everything related to osx86 and mac..

so if i need anything else, some might point me in right spot to get it

thanks in advance ;) hope i get her runnin

this beast deserves a good kick ass OS, other then microshaft {censored}...

are you kidding me,

no one at all is reading this anymore, ???

i thought this was were someone asked for help,

but i guess that doesnt seem to be happening here.... :S:S

Be patient! I am looking after 3 nForce topics simultaneously on Insanelymac and I am on other forums as well.......and also have a "real life" to live and work for full time..... :)

BTW Metallica35 has a EVGA 780i SLI FTW mobo which is similar to yours in nearly all respects......and has got iPC 10.5.6 running on it.......(see here and the two previous posts above this post).......

OS X needs to be installed on a primary NTFS or FAT32 partition, and for fewest problems partitioned/formatted as MBR/Mac OS X Extended (Journaled).......

You need to start with your BIOS settings......see post #1 for 780i.......note in particular:

Limit CPUID MaxVal [Disbaled]

Intel SpeedStep [Disabled]

CPU Thermal Control [TM1 and TM2]

C1E Enhanced Halt State [Disabled]

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]

Virtualization Technology [Enabled]

CPU Core 0 Enabled

CPU Core 1 [Enabled]

CPU Core 2 [Enabled]

CPU Core 3 [Enabled]

ACPI function [Enabled]

APCI Suspend Type [s1&S3]

Onchip IDE Channel0 [Enabled]

Serial-ATA Controller [Enable All]

RAID Enabled [Enabled]

All SATA RAID 0 - 2 [Disabled]

Boot Final version iPC 10.5.6 Install DVD with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 from your PATA DVDRW (which should be jumpered and cabled connnected to MOBO as Master)....but initially do not choose video, network and audio options in the iPC Customize menu.......the correct drivers can be installed after the basic OS X Leopard system is running OK.......

• 2 weeks later...

So now I've gotten to a gray screen with a pointer that I can move with my mouse. There was some Yellow highlighted text when I ran in verbose mode at startup but it scrolled way too fast for me to see what it was. I can't think of anything else to try, the Kernel seems to be fine cause there are no Panics. Any ideas?

EDIT: I'd like to add its a blank, dark gray screen, not the lighter gray with the apple logo. There is no spinning wheel or anything, just the black mouse pointer.

So now I've gotten to a gray screen with a pointer that I can move with my mouse. There was some Yellow highlighted text when I ran in verbose mode at startup but it scrolled way too fast for me to see what it was. I can't think of anything else to try, the Kernel seems to be fine cause there are no Panics. Any ideas?

EDIT: I'd like to add its a blank, dark gray screen, not the lighter gray with the apple logo. There is no spinning wheel or anything, just the black mouse pointer.

What happens when you boot with -v -x debug=0x100.......?

Same problem, when the script finishes its a blue screen, then a gray screen with the mouse pointer.

Sounds like video driver issue.......did you use a graphics string or injector kext such as NVEnabler, NVinject etc. for your GeForce 9800GTX+ graphics card?

If you used an injector kext named NV??????.kext then, boot with -s and at prompts, type each of the following lines:

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV??????.kext
exit

and reboot.......

If you used a graphics string then you need to boot with the OS X Install DVD, then go to Utilities in top menu bar and select Terminal.......go to your HDD OS X volume using

cd /Volumes/"Your HDD OS X volume"/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
sudo nano com.apple.Boot.plist

Use the arrow keys to move the cursor to the

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>your-GFX-string</string>

and delete your GFX string......then Ctrl+O to save (and then press Enter to save) and Ctrl+X to close......and reboot......

Report what happens in either case.....

I redownloaded Kalyway 10.5.2 and installed without anything selected under customize. It won't boot on it's own, but will boot if I boot from the install disc and use rd=disk0s1. Does this mean I need to find a kernel, or is it something more like a CPU thing?

I redownloaded Kalyway 10.5.2 and installed without anything selected under customize. It won't boot on it's own, but will boot if I boot from the install disc and use rd=disk0s1. Does this mean I need to find a kernel, or is it something more like a CPU thing?

The procedure I used with Kalyway 10.5.2 is as follows:

1. Boot from the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd Install DVD by pressing F8 at boot-up to bring up the PC BIOS "Boot Menu", then selecting the DVDRW Drive and pressing Enter.

2. On DVD Darwin boot loader appearance, press F8 quickly and at the "boot:" prompt, type "cpus=1 maxmem=2048 –v" (without quotes)

3. Once the Kalyway OS X Installer has loaded, use Disk Utility to partition the HDD as Master Boot Record (MBR) into the number and size of volumes required, and format the intended OS X install volume as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) giving it a unique name without spaces.

4. If you have partitioned your HDD into more than one volume as suggested, select the first volume to install to, otherwise just select the internal or external HDD volume.

5. Press Continue and then Customize. Once in the "Customize" menu, select as follows:

Additional Fonts (Choose to suit your requirements)

Language Translations (Choose to suit your requirements)

Kernels -

kernel_9.2_sleep Y (Default choice)

kernel_9.2_speedstep N

kernel_922_kabyl N

kernel_922_modin N

kernel_92_nforce N

kernel_vanilla_92 N

Graphics _Drivers - None

Audio_Drivers - None

Networks_ Drivers - None

Mobo_Chipsets - Default choices

Thirds_Applications – Choose to suit your requirements

(I suggest kextHelperB7, pacifist, perian, ppfomatic, stuffitExpander, textmate, vlc)

SSE2_Jas1048_ACPI_APIC N (Default choice)

Patches -

Hardcoded_SMBIOS Default choice i.e. Lastnetkassmbios

boot_with-cpus=1_flag N

PCGenUSB_Fix N

Francais_pc_keyboard_layout N

TimeMachineFix Y

PowerManagement_bundle N

Intel Memory Controller N

AMD_1052_Patches Default N (Default choice)

6. Double check your "Customize" choices, then click "Install". When install begins you may choose to (or not) skip the DVD verify process.

7. When all processes are killed and DVD drive activity stops and the re-boot "beep" sounds, remove the DVD and boot from the Internal HDD......

Well I did exactly as you put. Booting from the harddrive stops at the Mac Framework. Tried with flags cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v -x. It does still boot up off the kalyway install disc with rd=disk0s1 flag.

Would I be right to think it's a kernel issue? Or maybe bootloader?

Well I did exactly as you put. Booting from the harddrive stops at the Mac Framework. Tried with flags cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v -x. It does still boot up off the kalyway install disc with rd=disk0s1 flag.

Would I be right to think it's a kernel issue? Or maybe bootloader?

A screen shot of your HDD boot attempt freeze would be helpful......this way I can see what the cause may be from any onscreen error messages......

I assume you installed OS X onto a primary partition, partitioned as Master Boot Record and formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).............and check that your OS X volume is active........see here.......and install Chameleon 2.0 RC3 or RC4 bootloader using Dr. Hurt's unofficial Installer for RC3 or RC4......

A screen shot of your HDD boot attempt freeze would be helpful......this way I can see what the cause may be from any onscreen error messages......

I assume you installed OS X onto a primary partition, partitioned as Master Boot Record and formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).............and check that your OS X volume is active........see here.......and install Chameleon 2.0 RC3 or RC4 bootloader using Dr. Hurt's unofficial Installer for RC3 or RC4......

I did have it set as primary. I don't know how I can get Chameleon installed because my ethernet doesn't work yet and I couldnt get usb to work either. I'm going to try to reformat my usb drive and try again with Chameleon.

Here's my screenshot when I boot with -v

post-376339-1267592262_thumb.jpg

I did have it set as primary. I don't know how I can get Chameleon installed because my ethernet doesn't work yet and I couldnt get usb to work either. I'm going to try to reformat my usb drive and try again with Chameleon.

Here's my screenshot when I boot with -v

post-376339-1267592262_thumb.jpg

You appear to have a BIOS issue.....see the section

HELP FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING ACPI-APIC and/or BIOS PROBLEMS (e.g. always needing to use the cpus=1 boot flag)

in my Install Guide in post #1......

Would I need to patch if I had 10.5.6 or higher? I read that it isn't necessary after 10.5.5. It all seems pretty confusing so I'm trying to find out if there's a way around it, plus a I hate messing with BIOS because I had to replace the motherboard in my laptop once from a bad flash. I saw there was mackerintel's chameleon version, but would that help my situation? I posted in Kabyl's topic and am just waiting for him to reply.

Would I need to patch if I had 10.5.6 or higher? I read that it isn't necessary after 10.5.5. It all seems pretty confusing so I'm trying to find out if there's a way around it, plus a I hate messing with BIOS because I had to replace the motherboard in my laptop once from a bad flash. I saw there was mackerintel's chameleon version, but would that help my situation? I posted in Kabyl's topic and am just waiting for him to reply.

DSDT patching may be needed for different reasons.....your issues probably does require DSDT patching.......

DSDT patching using a modified DSDT.aml file in the /Extra directory created when you install Chameleon 2.0 DOES NOT CHANGE your MOBO BIOS........Chameleon just overwrites the DSDT.aml file loaded into RAM by the BIOS with the patched DSDT.aml file in /Extra........ :(

I do not remember if you can boot OK or not using -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048......if you can, then simply install Chameleon 2.0 bootloader......then run Fassl's DSDT Patcher without choosing Force compile and New HPET options......