Leopard on Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to Mysticus C* to enable him to continue making and updating nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO-focussed Kernel/Drivers Installer packages, Combo Updater Packages......possibly even a DVD......?

• Yes, before new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, after new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, but only after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • Unsure, I may donate after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • No
  2. 2. Level of Demand for Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs

• Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + Intel CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + AMD CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Do you have a DESKTOP nForce chipset MOBO?
    • Do you have a LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK nForce chipset MOBO?
  3. 3. Nature of donations offered

• Would you prefer to donate hardware (in good faith on the basis of trust) acceptable to the developer, to enable him/her to build a system on which to develop the installer packages?
    • Would you prefer to donate cash (in good faith on the basis of trust) to the developer to defray his/her upfront cost of acquiring a system on which to develop the installer packages?

1,138 posts in this topic

Verdant

i am in need of your help again,

i HAD a decent working install on a 40gb PATA, installed from a PATA dvd-rw,

using iPC 10.5.6 ppf5 final, i installed the basic install from dvd with ethernet and wifi drivers, the applications excluding any that involved AMD as im running a Intel core 2 quad q6600, and a EVGA nforce 780i sli, with bfg geforce gtx 275 896mb, 8gb ram, 4 SATA hdd's, 1 SATA dvd-rw, the above mentioned PATA devices, PCI-E X-Fi titanium fatality pro, linksys wmp300n PCI

now my problem is, after i get the basic install setup options and am ready to install, i choose only what i need, and nothing else, im running vanilla kernel 9.6.0 i beleive from the disc, i dont choose any fix's just tha network drivers i need.

once install completes, i am going thru setup in the mac osx, and finally get to the desktop, can do anything, go on safari or whatever,

but then when i restart, shutdown, or anything that involves leaving the osx environment and booting back into it, i get some error im not to sure of...

ill post pics here of my setup and information

i also am having troubles with driver installation, i would like my video to work first, then i would like to work on sound and updates, after that i would hope that i can restart and boot into osx with no problems,

then ill try to work on getting Snow Leo installed....

please help me :D lol.... im getting annoyed..

thanks in advance

Nicholas

post-101356-1268947048_thumb.jpg

post-101356-1268947141_thumb.jpg

Verdant

i am in need of your help again,

i HAD a decent working install on a 40gb PATA, installed from a PATA dvd-rw,

using iPC 10.5.6 ppf5 final, i installed the basic install from dvd with ethernet and wifi drivers, the applications excluding any that involved AMD as im running a Intel core 2 quad q6600, and a EVGA nforce 780i sli, with bfg geforce gtx 275 896mb, 8gb ram, 4 SATA hdd's, 1 SATA dvd-rw, the above mentioned PATA devices, PCI-E X-Fi titanium fatality pro, linksys wmp300n PCI

now my problem is, after i get the basic install setup options and am ready to install, i choose only what i need, and nothing else, im running vanilla kernel 9.6.0 i beleive from the disc, i dont choose any fix's just tha network drivers i need.

once install completes, i am going thru setup in the mac osx, and finally get to the desktop, can do anything, go on safari or whatever,

but then when i restart, shutdown, or anything that involves leaving the osx environment and booting back into it, i get some error im not to sure of...

ill post pics here of my setup and information

i also am having troubles with driver installation, i would like my video to work first, then i would like to work on sound and updates, after that i would hope that i can restart and boot into osx with no problems,

then ill try to work on getting Snow Leo installed....

please help me :D lol.... im getting annoyed..

thanks in advance

Nicholas

Hi Nicholas,

When I get sometime I will look at the info you post here......it may not be until tomorrow because of work.....OK?

Suggestions: (Assumes you have correct BIOS settings from post #1 for 780i chipset)

1. Use Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel with 9.5.0 System.kext and 9.5.0 seatbelt.kext

2. With your BFG GeForce GTX275 896mb, I suggest you see here......

3. Re sound with PCI-E X-Fi titanium fatality pro, see here......but also here........

4. Stick with PATA DVDRW and SATA HDDs for OS X and use slashack's AppleNForceATA.kext as it allows use of >3GB RAM

5. linksys wmp300n PCI........AFAIK the non-US versions have the Atheros Atheros AR5416 chipset but the US version has a Broadcom BCM43XNG chipset........search IM for the driver (if available) for your version.....

Hi Verdant,

I understand the solution you posted about getting all of the operating systems to boot but there is one thing i need to point out.

For the solution you gave me to work, i would need to have the os x drive plugged into the computer and the only way i can get into windows is with that drive unplugged, changing the boot disk priority does not change anything. So when i go into easybcd, mac os x does not show up in the tabs at the top becuase it is not plugged in. So therefore i need a solution most likely on the mac platform. Is there an easybcd for the mac platform?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

that is no problem, i hope i can get a triple boot setup going, as im basing my triple boot soley on OSX snow leo,

i have my windows 7 already perfected, i have my linux already setup and going great,

its just damn OSX is causing me some killer headaches..... lmao

thanks again in advance to anyone who provides help and information...

Nicholas

Hi Verdant,

I understand the solution you posted about getting all of the operating systems to boot but there is one thing i need to point out.

For the solution you gave me to work, i would need to have the os x drive plugged into the computer and the only way i can get into windows is with that drive unplugged, changing the boot disk priority does not change anything. So when i go into easybcd, mac os x does not show up in the tabs at the top becuase it is not plugged in. So therefore i need a solution most likely on the mac platform. Is there an easybcd for the mac platform?

Thanks.

Chameleon 2.0 is the "easybcd" for the mac platform

Even with both HDDs plugged in, you should be able to boot into Windows by using the BIOS Boot Menu, usually entered by pressing F8 or perhaps F12 immediately you see the bootscreen message about entering the BIOS Setup by pressing Del.......you should be able to boot from the chosen HDD regardless of the BIOS boot priority.......

If not, try fixing the Windows HDD MBR via the Windows install disc......

Hi Verdant,

I tried what you suggested with the bios boot menu but pressing f8 or f12 did nothing and like i said i had set my boot sequence to boot the windows drive first. I even used the windows insatll disk to try to repair any startup isssues but that changes nothing.

I know this isnt a huge issue but i have gotta believe that there is a solution for this. And like i said i cant boot into windows with the os x drive plugged in so the easybcd solution just doesnt work for me.

The other thing to note is that when i was using the previous chameleon bootloader that came with the iAtkos dvd, that worked perfectly fine and i could boot in windows with both drives plugged in. With that being said is there a way to uninstall chameleon rc3 to revert it back to the other bootloader?

Thanks.

Hi Verdant,

I tried what you suggested with the bios boot menu but pressing f8 or f12 did nothing and like i said i had set my boot sequence to boot the windows drive first. I even used the windows insatll disk to try to repair any startup isssues but that changes nothing.

I know this isnt a huge issue but i have gotta believe that there is a solution for this. And like i said i cant boot into windows with the os x drive plugged in so the easybcd solution just doesnt work for me.

The other thing to note is that when i was using the previous chameleon bootloader that came with the iAtkos dvd, that worked perfectly fine and i could boot in windows with both drives plugged in. With that being said is there a way to uninstall chameleon rc3 to revert it back to the other bootloader?

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that........most MOBOs I know have the ability to display a BIOS boot menu showing all bootable devices allowing you to choose one to boot from......

Just copy the boot file over the RC3 boot file in / directory.......the Chameleon boot file is in the i386 folder of whichever version of Chameleon you wish to roll back to......you can also try the netkas PC_EFIv10.1 to 10.6 boot files......

here is another question for anyone that can answer...

have we been able to get any sound blaster X-Fi PCI-E cards working as of yet ????

i would really love to be able to use my X-Fi Titanium fatality pro

it seems that its the only piece of hardware i can find that isnt working fully or no information on it...

either that or i aint lookin in the right resources.... lol :D

so verdant, here is the thing,

i have iPC 10.5.6 installed onto a PATA 40gb, on my main desktop, right now im typing this to you in a friends netbook,

so that i can keep my OSX86 install running, cuz if i reboot or shutdown, ill have to go all thru the install all over again, untill i figure out how to get my multiple cpu's working,

i think it has to do with my quad core Q6600 and the fact im still using the vanilla kernel from the install disk...

i may be wrong but if im right, what would be the kernel of choice to support my 4 cores properly????

here is another question for anyone that can answer...

have we been able to get any sound blaster X-Fi PCI-E cards working as of yet ????

i would really love to be able to use my X-Fi Titanium fatality pro

it seems that its the only piece of hardware i can find that isnt working fully or no information on it...

either that or i aint lookin in the right resources.... lol :(

so verdant, here is the thing,

i have iPC 10.5.6 installed onto a PATA 40gb, on my main desktop, right now im typing this to you in a friends netbook,

so that i can keep my OSX86 install running, cuz if i reboot or shutdown, ill have to go all thru the install all over again, untill i figure out how to get my multiple cpu's working,

i think it has to do with my quad core Q6600 and the fact im still using the vanilla kernel from the install disk...

i may be wrong but if im right, what would be the kernel of choice to support my 4 cores properly????

Re the X-Fi Titanium fatality pro, have you tried the drivers in the two links I gave you?

Voodoo 9.5.0 with 9.5.0 System.kext and 9.5.0 seatbelt.kext to hopefully run all 4 CPU cores.......if you can only boot into OS X on your desktop with cpus=1 or cpus=2, run fassl's DSDT Patcher and then zip up your patched DSDT.aml file and let me have a download link, so that I can see what needs sorting to enable all 4 cores if possible..........

Verdant: i havent gotten any links from you unless youve sent them via PM and i havent checked that yet...

right now im on my win 7 install, and not using osx anymore,

my friend needed his netbook back before i got any replies to this topic...

so here is what happens,

i can install from the disc mentioned, iPC 10.5.6 ppf5 final,

i use boot flags as such " -v -f maxmem=2048 cpus=1 " to get the install to be good and then i restart the pc,

when pc restarts, i press " ESC " key, select my boot device as the 40gb PATA i installed osx to,

( all discs and memory sticks and usb storage devices removed... )

i can then boot into OSX 10.5.6 boot loader, use flags " -v -f maxmem=2048 cpus=1 ",

system boots, i have ethernet access and wifi access from the drivers i choose to install from setup...

i can browse safari, and do normal things as it seems the os is fully working, but no sound from my x-fi

i get bored of not being able to update or do much, so i figure, ok reboot system, and then if i boot without any flags...

it panics...

i just really want to get a decent stable osx install that will last from reboots and shutdowns, then perfect it from there,

ive been at this for many months now, almost half a year or more... jus not 100%

and ive gotten so far, and then it fails each time.... im really confused... and am getting really sick of reading...

and possible links can be sent here in a reply to topic??? if what im asking is to much please just point in the proper direction and ill do my best on my own...

it seems like a few people with my same system setup can get theirs working....

why is it so difficult for me to do the same, am i missin something here???

Verdant: i havent gotten any links from you unless youve sent them via PM and i havent checked that yet...

right now im on my win 7 install, and not using osx anymore,

my friend needed his netbook back before i got any replies to this topic...

so here is what happens,

i can install from the disc mentioned, iPC 10.5.6 ppf5 final,

i use boot flags as such " -v -f maxmem=2048 cpus=1 " to get the install to be good and then i restart the pc,

when pc restarts, i press " ESC " key, select my boot device as the 40gb PATA i installed osx to,

( all discs and memory sticks and usb storage devices removed... )

i can then boot into OSX 10.5.6 boot loader, use flags " -v -f maxmem=2048 cpus=1 ",

system boots, i have ethernet access and wifi access from the drivers i choose to install from setup...

i can browse safari, and do normal things as it seems the os is fully working, but no sound from my x-fi

i get bored of not being able to update or do much, so i figure, ok reboot system, and then if i boot without any flags...

it panics...

i just really want to get a decent stable osx install that will last from reboots and shutdowns, then perfect it from there,

ive been at this for many months now, almost half a year or more... jus not 100%

and ive gotten so far, and then it fails each time.... im really confused... and am getting really sick of reading...

and possible links can be sent here in a reply to topic??? if what im asking is to much please just point in the proper direction and ill do my best on my own...

it seems like a few people with my same system setup can get theirs working....

why is it so difficult for me to do the same, am i missin something here???

See my post to you......#1077......... :(

oh.... haha, my bad... :S dont i look like a horse's behind now.... lol

ok i see that, ima do some reading, and ill let you all know how it goes,

what id like to do in the end, if this is possible,

take my iPC 10.5.6 ppf5 final iso, edit it to have my specific hardware stuff in it already,

so when i go to install ever again in the future, i wont have to go thru all this :P

any ideas on how to do that one oh wise one's :P;)

no dis-respect :D just curious now as im looking to try this out a few times, and test things

oh.... haha, my bad... :S dont i look like a horse's behind now.... lol

ok i see that, ima do some reading, and ill let you all know how it goes,

what id like to do in the end, if this is possible,

take my iPC 10.5.6 ppf5 final iso, edit it to have my specific hardware stuff in it already,

so when i go to install ever again in the future, i wont have to go thru all this :P

any ideas on how to do that one oh wise one's :P;)

no dis-respect :D just curious now as im looking to try this out a few times, and test things

See my blog install guide on AppleNForceATA patching the JaS 10.5.4 distro to give you an idea of how to inject kexts......

next question....

should i use any type of loaders.. ex. EFI, chameleon, ??

and if possible to use such loaders, can i also incorporate those into the iso as well ?

reason im asking now is cuz im doing this as we talk and getting it ready so i can test install tonight, long night for me ;)

next question....

should i use any type of loaders.. ex. EFI, chameleon, ??

and if possible to use such loaders, can i also incorporate those into the iso as well ?

reason im asking now is cuz im doing this as we talk and getting it ready so i can test install tonight, long night for me ;)

Use Pacifist to get into what is already on iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 Final v1.1........also see my blog iPC 10.5.6 Install Guide........and see here......

ok so here is how far i got after i restarted from a successful install, i booted into osx, set preferences, first thing was to install newest version of kXaudiodriver 1.3b0, then proceeded to install this package from this post,

gtx275 solution (leopard).zip = taken from this post from verdant,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...y=793"

using the leopard 10.5 solution i assume, i proceed with steps 1 & 2 given from above packages readme for gtx275 896mb,

then i assumed i was to restart, and came up with following screen that paused and did nothing for a good 45 minutes untill i restarted the pc, and booted now into my win 7 setup,

any help ??

post-101356-1269063179_thumb.jpg

ok so here is how far i got after i restarted from a successful install, i booted into osx, set preferences, first thing was to install newest version of kXaudiodriver 1.3b0, then proceeded to install this package from this post,

gtx275 solution (leopard).zip = taken from this post from verdant,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...y=793"

using the leopard 10.5 solution i assume, i proceed with steps 1 & 2 given from above packages readme for gtx275 896mb,

then i assumed i was to restart, and came up with following screen that paused and did nothing for a good 45 minutes untill i restarted the pc, and booted now into my win 7 setup,

any help ??

What happens when you boot with -v -x.......

BTW your signature formatting is messed up because of the diffferent font/sizes......

i had forgot to include the " -x " flag, i did try that, and thats the screen that i posted in previous post with pic...

and im in middle of editing the sig as i type this

but i will try again with just only " -v -x "

and let know what happens, as i havent touched the osx partition since that last effort mentioned above

well verdant...

i had tried the " -v -x " boot flags...

to no effort, it failed...

so i did a complete re-install, using the bios settings, and the recommended settings for my hardware from iPC 10.5.6 ppf5 final,

im now again back in osx typing this on safari, this is the first reboot since the install,

the only drivers i did not install were my video and sound drivers, i left those blank in the setup options,

as i would like my specific video and audio drivers for my hardware, i dont care to much for the sound card working, as i can just revert to my onboard realtek system if needed, but i must have the video working accordingly, or the whole point of osx's sexiness is pointless.... lol

so im going to leave my system as it is, logged into osx, im not going to reboot untill i can figure out how to safely get my hardware running, and as an extra added measure, im going to clone this 10gb partition with the osx install, so that i can just boot back into a clean version if something fails...

lemme know any further advice, and btw my about this mac, it shows my full ram size of 8gb, my cpu speed of "2.4ghz Unknown", my model name shows as " mac pro ", cores are 4, processor is 1....

so it seems that major components are working properly, just the various hardware...

if you need any screenies, or more info, advise me how to do such, as im a newbie to using mac osx... and have no clue as to how to do screenies

well verdant...

i had tried the " -v -x " boot flags...

to no effort, it failed...

so i did a complete re-install, using the bios settings, and the recommended settings for my hardware from iPC 10.5.6 ppf5 final,

im now again back in osx typing this on safari, this is the first reboot since the install,

the only drivers i did not install were my video and sound drivers, i left those blank in the setup options,

as i would like my specific video and audio drivers for my hardware, i dont care to much for the sound card working, as i can just revert to my onboard realtek system if needed, but i must have the video working accordingly, or the whole point of osx's sexiness is pointless.... lol

so im going to leave my system as it is, logged into osx, im not going to reboot untill i can figure out how to safely get my hardware running, and as an extra added measure, im going to clone this 10gb partition with the osx install, so that i can just boot back into a clean version if something fails...

lemme know any further advice, and btw my about this mac, it shows my full ram size of 8gb, my cpu speed of "2.4ghz Unknown", my model name shows as " mac pro ", cores are 4, processor is 1....

so it seems that major components are working properly, just the various hardware...

if you need any screenies, or more info, advise me how to do such, as im a newbie to using mac osx... and have no clue as to how to do screenies

I have a number of suggestions:

For video, see post #1 about IOPCIClassMatch modding of the nVidia graphics kexts as a start........

For sorting out About This Mac see my blog entry on it.....one of the early entries......

ok verdant....

here we go again...

now im getting pissed, ive spent many hours, days , and to much goddamn time trying this...

im serisouly ready to give up..

i have every friggin piece of hardware installed, AGAIN without my video,

ive followed the many steps, ive installed the drivers, ive edited kexts...

i cant do this anymore, its not working the way everyone says it should....

there HAS to be something im missing or not doing right,

ive edited these kexts to have the proper information in the plist files

=============

GeForce.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV10Hal.kext

=============

according to post one here, i have done it just like such, i have also used kext helper to readd the kexts back to the /system/library/extensions folder

now i can see that my graphics card is now identified by osx, as it says my card info now in about this mac

but i cannot change my resolution, i cannot enable QE/CI, nothing, i cant do {censored} with my video card, even tho it says that its installed according to about this mac

im at a point im ready to say screw it and toss osx altogether...

ive never had so much problems with any software ever as much as i have now...

please someone,,, just either show me or point to the proper stuff.... cuz this isnt working the way ive expected

ok verdant....

here we go again...

now im getting pissed, ive spent many hours, days , and to much goddamn time trying this...

im serisouly ready to give up..

i have every friggin piece of hardware installed, AGAIN without my video,

ive followed the many steps, ive installed the drivers, ive edited kexts...

i cant do this anymore, its not working the way everyone says it should....

there HAS to be something im missing or not doing right,

ive edited these kexts to have the proper information in the plist files

=============

GeForce.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV10Hal.kext

=============

according to post one here, i have done it just like such, i have also used kext helper to readd the kexts back to the /system/library/extensions folder

now i can see that my graphics card is now identified by osx, as it says my card info now in about this mac

but i cannot change my resolution, i cannot enable QE/CI, nothing, i cant do {censored} with my video card, even tho it says that its installed according to about this mac

im at a point im ready to say screw it and toss osx altogether...

ive never had so much problems with any software ever as much as i have now...

please someone,,, just either show me or point to the proper stuff.... cuz this isnt working the way ive expected

Do not give up........all you have done by IOPCIClassMatch modding of the nVidia graphics kexts as a start, is to get your graphics card recognised by OS X.......now see if you can use OSx86Tools to generate a custom EFI graphics string for your card.........

-Add EFI strings/Boot flag button

-GFX strings button

-choose custom Geforce....

-fill in the name, choose custom for memory(in hex), choose dvi/dvi

Then just copy the long string into com.apple.boot.plist under <key>device-properties</key>

UPDATE: With your Graphics card you may have to update to 10.5.8 for support and then modify the kexts as in post #1, or install Snow Leopard for support......sorry I cannot be of more help but without the same GFX card I cannot work out the nForce MOBO solution for you...... :blowup:

hey all.... GOOD NEWS>>>

ive managed to finally get my video hardware working,

this goes out to all in this thread, if you do follow instructions, and read enough, you will obtain the goal...

but no matter it will be a pain in the arse, i do admit....

so here goes,

i read, read, read, read till my brain bled.... :wub:

and learned alot, some of which i never knew how to do, and now the glory...

my pc finally boots OSX Leopard 10.5.6, Voodoo kernel 9.5.0, with all hardware working and installed,

i am just now about to clone my install test partition to have a backup, and im finally going to test the install of my creative X-Fi titanium fatality pro...

once that is complete and works... ill have managed to get all my hardware working in a full 100% setup...

the steps to get most of my motherboard, cpu, and ram setup working, were not that hard, most of all of it was built into iPC 10.5.6 ppf5 final, md5 hash check of - 9ceb2e8daaa182a1071a337ad9b81e3f...

so after i had base install, my goal was working on video, i followed all steps, installed all kexts, had to do an efi string edit, then as well as re-install the video drivers, then finally... BAM full video on restart..

1920x1200x32@60hz with QE/CI on BFG GeForce GTX 275 OC 896mb PCI-E 2.0

shows up properly now in about my mac, only now i need to figure out how to update, properly....

and then i can clone that updated system partition, and try testing out a snow leo install, so i can fall back on my leo install if things get hairy....

if any of ya'll have questions, ask away and i will try to help as best as i can to explain how i achieved my work....

i thank Verdant 100% for all his tips, tricks, and help along the way,

when i can afford to do so, ill be making a lil donation for effort, i think it takes great patience to have to deal with this kinda stuff on a daily basis...

thanks again, and lookin forward to learnin more to get snow leo goin now on my system... i like a good challange :unsure:

Nicholas

well, i decided to follow an update tutorial to update to 10.5.8

after update and backed up extensions, and such, my install is broken, no function whatsoever

and i figure... hell with it, i got it run now im gonna mess wit snow leo...

now i know somewhat what im doing, so ima step into newer waters now :D

but i will reinstall to make it easier for me to install snow leo from mac instead of windows

ill keep updates as i remember

hey all.... GOOD NEWS>>>

ive managed to finally get my video hardware working,

this goes out to all in this thread, if you do follow instructions, and read enough, you will obtain the goal...

but no matter it will be a pain in the arse, i do admit....

so here goes,

i read, read, read, read till my brain bled.... :P

and learned alot, some of which i never knew how to do, and now the glory...

my pc finally boots OSX Leopard 10.5.6, Voodoo kernel 9.5.0, with all hardware working and installed,

i am just now about to clone my install test partition to have a backup, and im finally going to test the install of my creative X-Fi titanium fatality pro...

once that is complete and works... ill have managed to get all my hardware working in a full 100% setup...

the steps to get most of my motherboard, cpu, and ram setup working, were not that hard, most of all of it was built into iPC 10.5.6 ppf5 final, md5 hash check of - 9ceb2e8daaa182a1071a337ad9b81e3f...

so after i had base install, my goal was working on video, i followed all steps, installed all kexts, had to do an efi string edit, then as well as re-install the video drivers, then finally... BAM full video on restart..

1920x1200x32@60hz with QE/CI on BFG GeForce GTX 275 OC 896mb PCI-E 2.0

shows up properly now in about my mac, only now i need to figure out how to update, properly....

and then i can clone that updated system partition, and try testing out a snow leo install, so i can fall back on my leo install if things get hairy....

if any of ya'll have questions, ask away and i will try to help as best as i can to explain how i achieved my work....

i thank Verdant 100% for all his tips, tricks, and help along the way,

when i can afford to do so, ill be making a lil donation for effort, i think it takes great patience to have to deal with this kinda stuff on a daily basis...

thanks again, and lookin forward to learnin more to get snow leo goin now on my system... i like a good challange :D

Nicholas

Glad to help......... :)

For others with your GFX card on a nForce MOBO running 10.5.6, it would be helpful to just summarise in a post here exactly what you did to get video working.......

well, i decided to follow an update tutorial to update to 10.5.8

after update and backed up extensions, and such, my install is broken, no function whatsoever

and i figure... hell with it, i got it run now im gonna mess wit snow leo...

now i know somewhat what im doing, so ima step into newer waters now :)

but i will reinstall to make it easier for me to install snow leo from mac instead of windows

ill keep updates as i remember

I will PM you re 10.5.8....... :D